It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning for people of Birmingham or surrounding areas.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a facebook friend of mine posted this

With the death of 3 brothers last night in birmingham these riots have taken on a new kind of ugly. God have mercy on the brothers and us. Let us meet and decide how to go about addressing the issue at white chapel masjid
5 hours ago via Facebook Mobile ·

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I can't even see the point in this anymore, it's just getting way out of hand, I completely understand the need for revenge but they're just lowering themselves to their level. More people are going to get hurt, muslims, asians, rioters...grannys with their handbags, whoever and then what? More fighting once one more gets hurt for revenge. It'll never end. It's England for Christ sake, not a war zone.
They should have Tasered all of the rioters as soon as they started, isn't that what they got the shiny new tasers for in the first place? Get 'em used!
edit on 09/08/2011 by sophiehelene because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

It's being treated as a murder enquiry, but not sure if that answers your question
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The anti riot dudes need a bloomin uniform or at least something they can recognise themselves by else this could just end up as the mother of all cluster#s.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by EvanB

trust me, judging from my facebook wall it will not just be asian muslims coming for retaliation, but white, black, and more. they have people trying to talk the situation down however it doesn't seem to be happening all kum ba yaa.

lol

I know, there are bham zulus there and villa supporters... Not good..... Its like throwing fuel on a flame next too a gas main propped up by a nuke...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It was a rioter that ran him down, and it was on purpose.

What happened was the asians where protecting their property, and rightly so. Gun shots where fired and the police lost control, so the asians who where protecting their own had no choice but to step in and protect themselves. It opened up into a brawl, the driver swerve onto the pavement to run down those men.

It is obvious, birmingham is going to be a war zone between all, and it will be confusing for the people fighting to figure out whos on whos side, and with that, there is a risk that instead of siding with protection for the city against the vandals, it could turn to colour Vs colour.

One of the farthers of one of the people murdered is reported to of had a heart attack today also. This is terrible times for the families and community, but the sad news is, its going to escalate.

I hope, that they colour code themselves at least. So they dont end up fighting their own and make the situation even more messy. Obviously i would like it not to happen at all, but that seems unlikely.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
The anti riot dudes need a bloomin uniform or at least something they can recognise themselves by else this could just end up as the mother of all cluster#s.

Orange jumpsuits come to mind.

One with Rioter and one with Non-Rioter written on the back in big letters.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

I'd prefer orange sparkly catsuits personally.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What? Is my Ninja and Pirate costumes not good enough?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

I loved that idea personally. Who'd be the ninjas and who'd be the pirates though?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JennaDarling

hi jenna
i bloody love your sarcasticated humour hahahahaha

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
What? Is my Ninja and Pirate costumes not good enough?

I don't want to turn up to a party where everyone else is wearing the same outfit as me silly.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Theres a facebook group, rioters vs photoshop.

I know this is terribly hard times, but humour is needed.

Rioter vs Photoshopt
edit on 10-8-2011 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights[/yea that would be great but im thinking nuns and priest costumes would be better..

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
So who's fighting who exactly, we have the football fans, the asians protecting their areas and the looters? Have I missed anyone out?

Asians are coming to bham to fight against those who killed the lads last night.

The scum looters mainly came from handsworth, so I expect it to go off there.
edit on 10-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

yes but they will find nobody of that scum in the surroundings, those bast**rds will not get out of their
bed because of afraid, very afraid ... so what will they do, the good people looking for revenge ???
they will have nobody in front of their anger ...... ?????

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

So who's fighting who exactly, we have the football fans, the asians protecting their areas and the looters? Have I missed anyone out?

Forget the chinese. They must be the only minority group that never ever cause any trouble here in the UK. When was the last time you ever saw a chinese tennager being anti-social? A prime example decent parenting.

No one dare say the Triads as they only exist in films

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Sounds like it may be quiet tonight, thank god!

Maybe the English weather saved the day?
First nigh of rain since the riots started, and all is quiet.
English weather, i underestimated you

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You left out the riot police,
and also the general public that is defending their own property.

This sounds like the beginning of something much larger than riots.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Sounds like it may be quiet tonight, thank god!

Maybe the English weather saved the day?
First nigh of rain since the riots started, and all is quiet.
English weather, i underestimated you

The weather gods are on our side. Well, they're British themselves

But the rain hasn't reached Birmingham yet

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Its raining where i am and im just north of Birmingham, maybe they watched the weather report? trololol.

Seriously though, i reckon that for the riot/battle tonight will not happen, purely through organisation.
The other nights of rioting was organised to a certain extent, but with the deaths of last night, it would of been a rush job. With the public transport suspended, it looks like the job worked! thank god!

Just seen on sky news, birmingham have a few people running around, but they are behind and infront of a police line, so they are in control of the situation, no where near the number of people in the last few days.

Tonight looks like it will be quite, and the rumours are turning to loose their truth, which is defiantly a good thing, im sure im not needed to say that.

Hope the calmness spreads and keeps for the remainder of the night.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join