It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning for people of Birmingham or surrounding areas.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
Sorry, I searched and search for the word "farther" and nothing came up. Local slang?

I think it was a typo, should have been "father". The father of one of the deceased has himself had a heart attack, no doubt due to the loss of his son.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Lots of Asians from all over the country are coming to wreak revenge for the lads who died last night protecting the community..

... it looks to me like this is becoming a racial thing then. I know, having family in UK, that the English natives are having a hard time these days so maybe tempers have been brewing for a while.

Note - I do not advocate any violence and thoughts go out to England.
edit on 10/8/11 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hmmm, the unraveling of civilization.
coming to a city near you..
Baton down the hatches matey,
ye might be in for a rough ride...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

I wonder how pissed everyone will get when Anonymous kills Facebook.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypr2011
ahh I see, because I recently read about the Sharia controlled zones in England and thought that would have been a factor

There are no ''Sharia controlled zones'' in England.

Some words of advice: don't believe everything you read in the Daily Star.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
reply to post by EvanB

Lots of Asians from all over the country are coming to wreak revenge for the lads who died last night protecting the community..

... it looks to me like this is becoming a racial thing then. I know, having family in UK, that the English natives are having a hard time these days so maybe tempers have been brewing for a while.

Note - I do not advocate any violence and thoughts go out to England.
edit on 10/8/11 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

I said days ago that if this got bad in Birmingham it would be bad news. The Asian - Black relationships in Brum are terrible.

Asians from outside Brum aren't going to be coming in to defend a family, if they go to Birmingham it's to get "revenge" on the african community.

Will be a damn shame if another race-war in Birmingham is sparked because of this.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
One has to wonder where the hell are all those super psychadelic sonic microwave (w.e.) crowd control weapons that they say they have??

Or is it as unfortunate as 2 blacks dead + 2 muslims dead = 4:0 for TPTB !?

Compete for supremacy during the olympics to show off fortitude and strenght, leave the city for daily life, whatever is left of it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

No one dare say the Triads as they only exist in films

I've just got to pick you up on that. They certainly do exist. I don't expect things are so much different there than in Australia, although in Australia there are a lot of refugees from Vietnam, who are known to be violent - even the black gangs won't go near them. They control the drug market here.

Sure enough, they aren't anti-social. You can sit with triads etc, and even try and pick up their women and they'll still be friendly. I don't want to know what would happen if they thought you were muscling in on their drug operations. They seem nice enough but they'll kill you and leave no trace.

Also, we have plenty of Chinese nationalists.

That said, most of they make great migrants. They are conformists by nature and most of them are happy to fit in with the prevailing culture and happy to get along with anybody.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

I don't get it. How is this still going? Theres no way this some unorganized events, right? I mean, wtf? I got some reading to do
edit on 10-8-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I think you missed the police, oh wait ... they will be sitting back eating their popcorn while the show goes on. It's pathetic, they should of rolled out the hard stuff a lot earlier, water canons, tear gas etc. Why let it escalate even further ...

Absolutely crucial. The police are standing back until it gets noticed by the lamestreamers
there's a real insurrection --- then the real pillories get rolled out to snag the peacekeepers,
with the hoolies melting into the blight. End of freedom, welcome to Budapest '53 all over again.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Dude, are you kidding? FATHER means dad.................farther means 'more distant' (e.g. he ran farther)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
it will turn into a civil race war

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonU2

Dude, are you kidding? FATHER means dad.................farther means 'more distant' (e.g. he ran farther)

If you are going to use or quote English then try and get it correct......

Father......... Male Parent
Farther........distance to a place or obect........

However - your example
("eg.. he ran farther"..........should be........ ''eg.. he ran further")
use “farther” for physical distance and “further” for metaphorical, or figurative, distance.

Cheers

PDUK

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Seems like people are more concerned with a spelling error than the actual events.
Internet, you never fail me.

By the way, for the last few days it has been quiet, police are keeping a heavy presence untill the weekend i believe, and on the weekend they tend to have quite a few police around anyway because of the trouble of drunks.

Hopefully it will stay quite like this.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join