It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin - Days of Darkness ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

OK, but by how much?

As in, given the tail spreads out and away from the comet then the tail is still in our direction and therefore going to blast us, on that date, if the radius of the tail, at our distance from Elenin, should have expanded enough to encompass some, if not all, of our planet?

This seems the most likely scenario of us interacting with Elenins tail.
edit on 10-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

No. For one Elenin will be above the ecliptic at this point. This means that Elenin will be above the Earth and the Sun, so its tail will not be facing Earth. Secondly, it will be .38 AU from Earth on this day. In order for its tail to intersect with the orbit of Earth it would need to be over 56,000,000 km long.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Phage, Xcal, many thanks.

I've watched the recent Stereo Behind footage....is it strange for it to not have a tail visible?
edit on 10-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

great video. it has everything. from mayan and hopi prophecy, to elenin and NWO to blue beam, and all tied together with a great positive message about returning to one

thanks

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

It does have a tail.
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh, sweet, I can just see it. Cheers. I hadn't seen that pic yet.do we have a measurement for the tail yet? It isn't very obvious on the videos from Stereo Behind...must be the quality.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
In deference to all the bandied info I saw not one person linked a devil's advocate, shall we say actual answered questions by astrophysicists, on the present debate of Elenin eclipsing anything at all, so as I'm trying to contribute to this very fiery topic, I present:

www.nasa.gov...

I found it very informative, even if its a can of worms.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
i dont believe any of this. comet elenin is no harm the reptilians are!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOPrimate

I'm going to humour this thread still because it could eclipse the sun for 3 days because it will be passing between the earth and the sun... no?
No it will not be passing between the Earth and Sun, this is my point. However you can still find humor in this thread, after all that is why I'm here.

edit on 8/11/2011 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Come on naysayers, not even a benefit of the doubt...
Sure, this could happen but not with comet Elenin in 2011. 100 years ago Halley's comet was predicted to transit the Sun so Earth would pass through its tail. We have gotten considerably better in our observations and predictions of such events since then. The data shows we will not be going through Elenin's tail so unless you believe that NASA and JPL are lying to us for whatever reason then we will not be going through Elenin's tail.

There are a a lot of prophecies from different societies who refer to something of significance around about this era, and on top of that we have local folklore back here in PNG
Could you be any more ambiguous? I am also interested in ancient myths that pertain to astronomical events but I don't see any connection to this comet.

Remote societies almost in every culture, that speak of something significant with hardly any contact with each other...think about it.
Again, ambiguity with no connection to current events in my opinion. If you want to make comparisons then do it but making the generalization that ancient societies having myths about some events won't cut it. How do those myths connect with this event?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by thinkingthing

I have seen conflicting information all over the place.
OK, good. Source some and let's take a look at it here. I'm just trying to help out by showing that there is no need to fear this event. If you have any sources that contradicts JPL's data then let's look at it and see who is wrong.

When preparing simply means stocking up on extra essentials, I don't see the harm. Unless you're itching for a reason to off yourself...

And if that is the case, please contact your local suicide hotline
You've got to be F'in kidding me! You even gave me a link to a suicide hot line? Is this you're idea of sourcing your information?

I value life as precious and would not consider "offing myself" nor anyone else. I see no reason to not be prepared in any case but if you need a reason to do so why use this one.

If you were to look at this information closely that you claim to have seen that is causing your disbelief then I think you will understand my point here. Ambiguous claims about future events don't cut it, look for specifics. Calling it "conflicting information all over the place" is not specific.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Would that mean then that on Sept 27, when Elenin is in between the Sun and Earth that one of it's tails will be pointing away from the sun, which in turn means it will be blasting our planet?
Two points to make here. One, Elenin will not be crossing in front of the Sun as seen from Earth. Two, Elenin will be too far away for its tail to touch Earth. Keep in mind how small of a window an object has to transit the Sun from Earth's perspective, astronomically speaking. The space between Earth and the Sun is a big place.

Halley's comet "blasted" the Earth with its tail over 100 years ago and we survived, of coarse that was a different comet. For one it was much bigger. Venus also has an ion tail that just about touches Earth during solar transits which it did back in June, 2004. This will happen again in June, 2012 and does so every 121.5 and 105.5 years. We are all still here, electronics are still working.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by NWOPrimate

I'm going to humour this thread still because it could eclipse the sun for 3 days because it will be passing between the earth and the sun... no?
No it will not be passing between the Earth and Sun, this is my point. However you can still find humor in this thread, after all that is why I'm here.

edit on 8/11/2011 by Devino because: (no reason given)

I don't understand why does this look like the Earth Sun and Elenin are aliened Sept 27th with Elenin between the Earth and sun?
Also how large is a comet from outside the systems debris field?

[
edit on 11-8-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Bump for September.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
OMG guys!

I just checked and it's dark out now, seriously it's black as midnight.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
So what does everybody think will happen when earth is placed in the direct line of the tail of Elenin ?
I dont belive the comet itself will hit us or cause a poleshift.. but all the crap in its tail is going to bombard earth.
anyway I belive the chance of seeing a shooting star in this period is very high.
Found a video about it

edit on 10-8-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

Nothing
Squat
Zip

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
how can something 22 million miles from earth cause....anything ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join