It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin - Days of Darkness ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
OH I totally agree! I've been saying that for while... The tail of ELENIN is apparently some 900,000km and I have a feeling will be pelting planet earth with huge amounts of space junk. I predict (not a real prediction) that we are going to sustain a huge amount of damage when ELENIN passes.
Good thead, S&F

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I wouldn't be so certain. I know that the Mayans often talk of these 3 days of darkness (I went to Mexico/Guatemala and spoke with the Mayan people so i can confirm this myself)... and they say that they've lived through this before some 3000 yrs ago. I wouldn't be so quick to discount them.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOPrimate

Even if this were partly true, what would make us passing through the tail of Elenin be any different than when we pass through the debris behind any other comet? The most spectacular yearly meteor showers are from comets that have passed through, so why would this pose any more danger - again, assuming that your information weren't incorrect - when Elenin is such an unremarkable and tiny comet?

When Elenin passes through our orbit, it will be way above the ecliptic, meaning it will be above Earth's orbital path (generally speaking - North Pole = Up)

The only "space junk" in Earth's orbit was put up there by us.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BREWSE
reply to post by Dashdragon

I don't know why, as soon as Elenin is gone people will start up with Honda....Always a fresh can of doom to be opened...And if it isn't Honda, it'll be something else

Well you are right about this. There will be some other doom to follow this one. The reason? Some of us just feel like things are not right with our world, but we just can't pinpoint the doom that will transform us back to something more virtuous, and one with this earth.

edit on 10-8-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I agree the 3 days of darkness might not have anything to do with ELENIN, but that doesn't mean that it won't happen or that the tail of ELENIN won't impact us... and when I say space junk surrounds comet ELENIN that just because I don't know what the heck is surrounding it..i would imagine it's a combination of dirt, rock and ice... which I consider "junk".

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

... and they say that they've lived through this before some 3000 yrs ago. I wouldn't be so quick to discount them.

They told you they were 3,000 years old? And you believed them?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

and they say that they've lived through this before some 3000 yrs ago

Wow they must of been pretty old!

What's their secret?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Wow DJW and Chad come up with the same response, shocker. It was hard to understand what primate meant, afterall.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

They call themselves Star people... they believe their people have been around for much longer then just 3000 yrs... and due to the whole Mayan temples built without the wheel and seeing as there's so much that we don't know about them... that just MAYBE... they are telling the truth. So yes.. i believe them.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

What gets left over (your "space junk") is not that much different than what the comet itself is made of...dirty ice. Obviously in small crumbs relative to the size of the comet. Considering the size of Elenin, any debris it did leave behind wouldn't even be all that noticeable even if it weren't all going to be above Earth's orbit. Heck, Elenin itself won't even really be all that visible to the naked eye.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Well the Aborigines say that all the rivers were created by a giant frog...

Maybe they're telling the truth too!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Apparently Adam and Eve spoke to a snake. Lots of people believe that story. Ie: Kurt Cameron lol

I don't actually believe your claim about the frogs... i think you were trying to make a point. If not... could you please provide some kind of source for this frog story?
edit on 10-8-2011 by NWOPrimate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Revelation, 6:12 When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood

In Cauda Venenum!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

But what if comets are not just dirty snowballs? What if every comet tail is NOT made equally? If we were to pass through Elenin's tail, how can we be certain that it would be the same as passing though Halley's tail? Also, if one subscribes to, or even humors, Electric Universe Theory, one must consider the strong interaction between the sun and comets. The sun isn't stagnant. For us to be certain that the effects of passing though one comet's tail will be identical to the passage though another comet's tail, wouldn't the sun have to be unchanged? Perhaps even the Earth would have to be unchanged in order to ensure parallel effects.

On a side note, I have seen several people on ATS claim that discussing this comet's possibilities is irresponsible as it can lead to suicides. Are we really supposed to censor ourselves because there are mentally unstable people in the world? People that commit suicide based on things they read on a conspiracy theory message board, probably had some kind of death wish to begin with.

edit on 10-8-2011 by thinkingthing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I tend to agree with the posters here, that ELENIN is not the problem but it does open the Pit or Abyss. This is the SUN with healing in it's wings. The 3 days of darkness will be caused by the Stellar mass black hole that is west of the Sun that has recently caused Stereo B to lose the sun. Many people believed the rubbish NASA put out that it was the Moon or communications problems I forget what they said.
I believe that the Messenger satellite is observing the black hole. no proof but gut instinct but I have photo proof of black hole. So do many youtube vids without knowing it.
I am waiting for people to wake up.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
3 days of darkness? Just what we need, more looting...

(although I'll take that instead of Armageddon)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thinkingthing

People that commit suicide based on things they read on a conspiracy theory message board, probably had some kind of death wish to begin with.

Yeah, all those shopkeepers in London really wanted to be looted or they wouldn't have had glass windows. Blaming the victim is easy when you're the perp.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I agree the 3 days of darkness might not have anything to do with ELENIN, but that doesn't mean that it won't happen or that the tail of ELENIN won't impact us
I find it very odd how you and others here on ATS keep ignoring the fact that Earth will not pass through Elenin's tail. See for yourself.

JPL Small-Body Database Browser.
As it notes this orbital diagram should not be used for planetary encounter circumstances but the alignment here is off by two weeks! This clearly shows that Elenin will not transit the Sun. A solar transit alignment has about a 6 hour window depending on its orbital velocity compared with that of Earth's and its degree of inclination to the ecliptic.

Notice the two different colors of blue in Elenin's orbit? These indicate above and below ecliptic orbital positions. Fast forward to inferior conjunction (Earth, Elenin and Sun alignment) and see where Elenin's position is in relation to the ecliptic. Also notice when Elenin passed the ecliptic during its ascending node crossing. See how they are not even close?

It is possible that Earth might encounter 3 days of darkness or that we will be bombarded by junk from space but what has this got to do with the comet Elenin? I mean all manner of things in life are possible but to claim these possibilities while discussing this comet seems to indicate a connection, don't you think?

And by the way, it's spelled Elenin NOT ELENIN. All caps denotes an acronym which the name of this comet is not!

and when I say space junk surrounds comet ELENIN that just because I don't know what the heck is surrounding it.
It's called a Coma.

They call themselves Star people... they believe their people have been around for much longer then just 3000 yrs
This could be called a red herring. What has it got to do with the comet Elenin?
edit on 8/10/2011 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by Klassified

However bad our "Chicken Little Syndrome" may get, we must always remain alert and aware
You have heard of the story about the boy who cried wolf?

Being informed and alert is far from being bathed in ignorance and fear.

Most of the people who come to ATS to warn us about Elenin have no idea what they are talking about. They are propagating fear through ignorance, don't fall into that same scenario please.

thats the amazing thing about all of this. they couldn't tell you the general makeup of a comet though somehow can tell you 101 fantastical ways it will kill you. I don't know much if anything about the stock market but I got some whopper tips for you.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thinkingthing

But what if comets are not just dirty snowballs? What if every comet tail is NOT made equally? If we were to pass through Elenin's tail, how can we be certain that it would be the same as passing though Halley's tail?
I agree that comets are not dirty snowballs and I think there is an electrical interaction going on but the difference here between Elenin in 2011 and Halley in 1910 is that we will not pass through Elenin's tail. Well, that and the size of its nucleus/coma/tail, orbital velocity, orbital period and composition. From what I have gathered Elenin will not transit the Sun but if you or anyone else has information to the contrary please let me know as this would be very exciting news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join