It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin - Days of Darkness ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So what does everybody think will happen when earth is placed in the direct line of the tail of Elenin ?
I dont belive the comet itself will hit us or cause a poleshift.. but all the crap in its tail is going to bombard earth.
anyway I belive the chance of seeing a shooting star in this period is very high.
Found a video about it

edit on 10-8-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
"anyway I belive the chance of seeing a shooting star in this period is very high."

HAhahaha! That's so funny! I think that I just fell in love with you. Thanks for making my morning. S and F!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
3 days of darkness because of an ion trail huh.. sounds a bit far fetched to me

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Maybe a little dimmer(and I doubt this too), but total darkness, naw. I don't think the coma/tail is opaque enough for that. Maybe a big earthquake or two though!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
1 does remember the agency spoke of the potentials of 3 days to remain inside. but the Agency were said to be fake so who knows. Guess we gotta wait and see if the carebears land soon lol

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
1 does remember the agency spoke of the potentials of 3 days to remain inside. but the Agency were said to be fake so who knows. Guess we gotta wait and see if the carebears land soon lol

Now that is something I alway remember. The thing that comes that you have to stay in for 3 days, don't go outside, don't even look outside. It was just heresay or fable, as I recall, but I've always thought if something wierd this way comes I would heed that warning. With a comet as the thing, I'd think molecules in the tail could poison/change us or something. I don't share this belief with people, they'd think I was nutty! ETA: Ok I don't share my nuttiness with anyonhe but strangers like you all!
edit on 10-8-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Now that is something I alway remember. The thing that comes that you have to stay in for 3 days, don't go outside, don't even look outside. It was just heresay or fable, as I recall, but I've always thought if something wierd this way comes I would heed that warning. With a comet as the thing, I'd think molecules in the tail could poison/change us or something. I don't share this belief with people, they'd think I was nutty! ETA: Ok I don't share my nuttiness with anyonhe but strangers like you all!
edit on 10-8-2011 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

thanks for your nuttiness, I been thinking of this connection myself, and I will surely stay indoor just in case some crap fall..

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

1 can understand how others may view you for thinking like this. thats why 1 doesnt go to deep about them but they did say something was launched this way and eventually something not around befor is comming this way. So who knows 1 must await to see if there will be any celestial interactions or if this is just a test run, smh.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

hi
reminds of the braodcast of war of the worlds
i think that was a test run back then

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

So what does everybody think will happen when earth is placed in the direct line of the tail of Elenin ?

It's not going to be in direct line with the comet's tail... and even if it were, nothing is likely to happen. There will certainly not be three days of darkness unless you stay locked in your basement for three days.

I dont belive the comet itself will hit us or cause a poleshift.. but all the crap in its tail is going to bombard earth.
anyway I belive the chance of seeing a shooting star in this period is very high.

If you want to see shooting stars, go outside tonight. We are entering the "debris trail" of comet Swift-Tuttle, otherwise known as the Perseid meteor shower.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Thanks, I marked my calender and will be going outside to see if anything happens.

Let you all know if I melt.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Prophecy by Alois Irlmaier:

...During the war the big darkness comes, which lasts 72 hours." "It will become dark at a day during the war. Then a hail impact, consting of lightning and thunder, breaks out and an earthquake vibrates the earth. Please do not go out of the house at that time. The lights do not burn, except candle light, the current stops. Who inhales the dust, gets a cramp and dies. Do not open the windows, cover it completely with black paper. All open-standing water become poisonous and also all open-standing meals, which are not in locked doses. Also no meals in glasses, because they would not cover it up completely. Outside the death by dust goes around, many humans die. After 72 hours everything is over. But again: Do not go out of the house, do not look out of the windows, and keep the candle light burning. And pray. Overnight there will die more humans than in the two world wars before."

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Did someone say three days of darkness?

I don't agree with a lot of this, but it feels right to spread it:
vimeo.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I gotta say...

I can't wait until this insignificant snowball is gone so people will quit getting silly over nothing...though I'm sure people will still be posting some bollox about its return trip out of the inner solar system.

We pass directly through the tails of past comets all the time...it's where the majority of yearly meteor showers come from (such as the one mentioned in a previous post). I don't believe we're going to even come close to this one's, not like it would even be noticeable if we did.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dashdragon

I don't know why, as soon as Elenin is gone people will start up with Honda....Always a fresh can of doom to be opened...And if it isn't Honda, it'll be something else

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dashdragon

I can't wait until this insignificant snowball is gone so people will quit getting silly over nothing...

Though I may be inclined to agree with you, the moment we all stop paying attention, stop thinking of possibilities, and always believe the official story, is the day we are in for the big surprise. And it will catch us all unaware.

However bad our "Chicken Little Syndrome" may get, we must always remain alert and aware.
edit on 8/10/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BREWSE

Well it will come one day, it has happened before. So I tend to believe the people who may of went through it, compared to people who know nothing about it or ignore it. If they sent us one legitimate warning, we should be concerned, and unfortunetly with a subject like this, nobody will know the truth until it actually takes place, so there will always be doom and gloom. It's good to see people curious though.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

First time I've seen that. Thinking about it, it sounds like that could happen, sounds like a good horror movie storyline, I just don't know enough to breakdown comet tails and speculate like I have seen everything.

I can see something like that happening one day, like when something passes it does something, a disruption with a pressure that is almost sufficating.

I agree with the % of something happening in our life is rare, but sometimes when people say that, they forget it is just percenteges.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Here we go again...!

Sorry to disappoint you but Earth Will Not pass through Elenin's tail nor its coma!

In order for there to be such an alignment the comet would need to be crossing the Earth's orbital plane, called a node crossing, at the time of close approach. These nodes, there are two- descending and ascending, happen well before close approach, or called inferior conjunction. This "alignment" is called a solar transit and is actually rather rare. Mercury and Venus transit the Sun as well as does the Moon, which is called a solar eclipse. These solar transits last hours not days as your video is claiming.

Even if this comet did actually align properly, solar transit, it is way too far away to effect Earth. At closest approach Elenin will be around 0.23 AUs from Earth which is over 20 million miles. Its tail is no where near that long and its coma has been estimated at being around 200,000 Km which is also tens of millions of miles too small.

Space is a big three dimensional place and it would benefit us all to understand the subjects we are talking about here which is astronomical alignments. Once you understand orbital characteristics and astronomical alignments you will see that Earth will not pass through Elenin's tail. The video you posted is garbage made out of ignorance and is a waste of our time.

Addition; The last time Earth passed through a comet's tail was Halley's comet in 1910.

Earth’s orbit carried it through the end of the comet’s 24-million-mile-long tail for six hours on May 19
Notice 6 hours rather than 60-70.
edit on 8/10/2011 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

However bad our "Chicken Little Syndrome" may get, we must always remain alert and aware
You have heard of the story about the boy who cried wolf?

Being informed and alert is far from being bathed in ignorance and fear.

Most of the people who come to ATS to warn us about Elenin have no idea what they are talking about. They are propagating fear through ignorance, don't fall into that same scenario please.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join