It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kingman (Arizona) light show defied logic. Photos & Video included. Formation of Cessnas?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mbaca3570

Got this email just now from LUKE AFB

I checked with our Air Space manager; Luke AFB had no low-level flights
in that area on the evening in question.

v/r
Diana

//SIGNED//
Diana Wiedower
Community Relations
56th Fighter Wing Public Affairs
14185 W. Falcon St.
Luke AFB, AZ 85309
Comm: 623-856-7994
DSN: 896-7994

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I sent you a private message to see if we can help you with your images... or more.

Bill

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

These Where not cessnas I know that for a fact. here is what I know

around 7pm I had friends say they saw bright lights to the north.

Aroudn 845 pm I saw these lights with my cousin to the East.

and around 10 pm I saw them to the south till they just vanished.

On the night of august 4 2011 I saw flying lights at around 845 pm in Kingman Arizona. I was driving down the road and I was facing east. I saw 4 strange lights in a weird pattern I decided that something was not right so I knew the road I was on went out into the desert so I went about 5 miles out of town and now there was 8 lights in the sky in different patterns from horizontal lines to rectangles to circles. As soon as I got to the desert there was another car already out there and one soon showed up and then a few minutes later there was 4-5 cars including mine. Having a truck and it being the desert I went out as far as I could and I go to I would say about 2 miles away. I was standing lights of and I knew they were not airplanes because they were just sitting there but being so close I also didn’t hear any helicopter noises I took a bunch of pictures and the last one was when they were in a rectangle and then they started to circle the city it seemed and then they all started going towards the ground and where most of them flew I knew The airport was that way but they seemed to go out past the airport and I went with my cousin and I tried taking pictures but this KPD was out there saying I am not allowed to take pictures ( I was also outside city limits he wasent supposed to be there) and I think I saw one on the ground but as soon as I parked my car a cop seemed to appear out of nowhere and he asked me if I had a problem I responded if I was trespassing and he said I wasn’t and so I started to tell him about the lights and showed him the pictures. He then proceeded to tell me that there are new aircraft that hover and don’t make noise but I haven’t heard of anything like that. I said I should go and he goes good Idea and as I was turning my car around he turned left to go where the lights had seemed to land. The whole cop thing seemed rather suspicious and it just didn’t feel right I was out in the middle of nowhere and I didn’t even see him coming but take that for what it is worth. I then went home and looked up the number to call and report I tried calling a couple of times and it was busy and then I started to see the lights again this time they were heading south and they were in a horizontal formation I went had gotten gas and that’s when I tried take more pictures and only one came out and it seems really weird. When I was looking at the lights I was able to get through and the person told me to try and get as many people to look and report. I got in my car and started to head south but they just seemed to disappear rather quickly I saw them and then I didn’t see them I tried waiting around but then I had to be somewhere at midnight that is why I am writing the report so late. I will include pics in the email and try and describe them. The lights every time I saw them where just white aand I didn’t see any other color. Also no noise at all and moved methodically

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!. It is always very nice to have the original source in the conversation on these threads. Skeptic Overloard will help you through the machinations of getting your evidence into the thread.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

Thank you I have been a member for sometime I just lurke and never post But like I said I saw this on twitter and I was so excited it got on here because after the faux story of cessna planes I thought It was dead but I would hear cessna planes being less than 2 miles away and planes dont dance and hover.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Reply to mbaca3570,

"there are new aircraft that hover and don’t make noise" Is this what the policeman's response was? I find that most peculiar, in just about every respect.

Did you have your own response back to that?

edit on 10-8-2011 by smurfy because: Add text.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well, the sound issue is certainly important but there are some atmospheric dynamics and the doppler effect that play with sound. I live about a mile away from a RR crossing and when the wind is just right it sounds like the damn thing is coming through the bedroom, even with all of the trees between here and there. The opposite happens when the wind blows from me to the crossing, you have to really strain to hear it at all and it is very very muted. You have the added dynamic of these being at altitude and the sound being omnidirectional in nature. At what altitude do you think they were? There is no way of knowing for sure but a good guesstimate...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yes that is what the cop said. I didnt say anything it all felt really weird.

I did some research the only plane that can hover is a harrier jet and they werent those

and silent helicopters are the ones used in the bin laden raid.

Im not saying they are aliens but Im saying they are not normal helicopters or planes they would have to be ogvernment of sometype I was close enough to be able to hear 10 small engine aircraft and it was silent.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

I would say the lights where no more that 500 feet above us but we were also a mile away give or take .5 mile

kingman is 3200 feet above sea level

this is the closest point adress wise

Round Up Rd & El Paso Rd
Kingman North, AZ 86401

put that in google maps

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I sent you a private message to see if we can help you with your images... or more.

Bill

Skep,
I know I don't have to tell you to be careful, but when we went to Dulce, we were armed to the teeth. And and some of the latest night gear available.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I had once heard that these *snip*s can sense if your afraid or not, we had no fear.
Although we don't have to worry about "open carry", I believe AZ is OK with it.
Again, be careful and may G_D be with you.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I want to help to I want to figure all this out however I will only be in the country for another month or so.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

This is intriguing, Harriers or most any jet is very noisy full-stop, even small prop 'planes are not quiet.

The only 'quiet' engines are those fan types in microlites, you may not hear them at relatively small distances.

Was the policeman's car a squad unit with a number or unmarked?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

It seemed to have all the marking but I am still friends with my football coach who is like almost the cheif of police here and He didnt recongnize the discription of the "cop" and he checked the logs and no one was supposed to be out there because that is outside of city limits and it is the sheriffs teritory

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbaca3570
reply to post by smurfy

It seemed to have all the marking but I am still friends with my football coach who is like almost the cheif of police here and He didnt recongnize the discription of the "cop" and he checked the logs and no one was supposed to be out there because that is outside of city limits and it is the sheriffs teritory

This is ine new kid on the block that would meet all criteria, including the policeman's remark,

www.popsci.com...

www.aerosml.com...# (click on Aeroscraft and video)

There is supposed to be a flying example as of 2010. Aeros it says in the video, is California based, but it also seems have international connections. I suppose Pheonix might be a trialling area.

Boeing has also a silent programme, (SAX) those aircraft would be quiet beyond airport perimeters, but there is no mention of VTOL included.

science.howstuffworks.com...
edit on 10-8-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Actually, just to make a correction, there are other VTOL (vetical take off and landing) aircraft out there, other than the Harrier. In fact, it is another one of the USMC's fleet called the V-22 Osprey. Well, it is a joint mission aircraft, technically considered a helicopter not an airplane, but it can hover and take off and land vertically. I just thought I would throw that into the mix after the comment about the Harrier being the only one out there.

www.flickr.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

It could be the last one but the first 2 where way to big I am going to read more into the 3rd one. But I still wonder why it would be in kingman its not a normal airport.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

Thank you I am no plane or aircraft expert the harrier jet was the only plane that hovered I could find but Thank you there is a marine airbase to the south but the osprey would have been pretty loud and you would hear noise with 10 less than 2 miles away right?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola
Actually, just to make a correction, there are other VTOL (vetical take off and landing) aircraft out there, other than the Harrier. In fact, it is another one of the USMC's fleet called the V-22 Osprey. Well, it is a joint mission aircraft, technically considered a helicopter not an airplane, but it can hover and take off and land vertically. I just thought I would throw that into the mix after the comment about the Harrier being the only one out there.

www.flickr.com...

Hi, that's true, although the Osprey is anything but quiet, and the OP is talking about quiet craft,

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I hear you guys about the quiet factor, and I didn't mean that the Osprey is a quiet craft at all. I just wanted to throw other VTOL aircraft into the mix after comments regarding the Harrier. But, did you see in the video when they filmed the Osprey with NV on? Wow, I think I may trip out a little seeing that!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbaca3570
reply to post by smurfy

It could be the last one but the first 2 where way to big I am going to read more into the 3rd one. But I still wonder why it would be in kingman its not a normal airport.

The picture is using a bit of license, in the portfolio it actually mentions only 250 passengers, etc; I think any Aeroscraft flying presently would be smallish...but don't quote me!

Maybe the Phoenix area is an experimental quiet zone, that would be fitting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join