It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kingman (Arizona) light show defied logic. Photos & Video included. Formation of Cessnas?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
Well if this is anything like the phoenix lights then its nothing really interesting then....

If you knew anything about the Phoenix lights, you'd know quite well that the sighting prior and after the flares were dropped by the military were the important part of the case. And that the flares being dropped in that formation in view of the entire city on cooincidently the same night (and never before.. nor since), actually strengthens the case, it does not detract from it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I guess at 43-44 sec that's a bird flying by too!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I dont care what anyone says these people know what they saw. They didnt see flares, even the Governor said in the "I Know What I Saw" documentary said flares dont act that way. Explain the Triangle Craft saw throughout the state. I would love to hear someone say a bird.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

All those are birds, What people call fastwalkers are usually birds of the nightjar family, very swift nocturnal birds that fly at high altitudes catching insects.
Nothing alien here unless you don't know birds and their behaviors.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

So you think that there are insects up at high altitudes?? Well i know these birds eat moths but in no way would u find a moth at high altitudes... i cant think of any insect that can be found way up at high altitudes as there is no food for insects up there..

Anyways.. The weekend just gone i was out camping right near bradwell powerstation on the east coast of the uk, the sky was extremely clear and we had bought some cheap binoculars to view the sky with. After the sun had set the stars were extremely clear and we watched the satalites and planes going over head as well as spotting loads of meteors. Around 11:30 ish we spotted our first fast walker as it darted around the stars. i was following a satalite when out of no where the fast walker darted in and made a few erratic turns before heading across the sky but constantly changing direction. just like the so called birds except these couldnt be birds or bats as we had no night vision and these things where quite bright.. theres no way a bird would be lit up like a star at night when viewing with the naked eye thru binoculars. infact i dont know of any self illuminating bird or bat for that matter..lol
edit on 10-8-2011 by uk alienhunter because: to add more info

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Ok fair enough some of the objects in that look like they could be birds. I won't discount birds illuminated by night vision and a filter or whatever other theory comes out. As for the things that I have seen moving and glowing in the nights sky resembling that which is in my last post (with video) are not, well, unless birds come with high pressure sodium lamps on them and can dive at an incredible rate stop and ascend just as fast.

To put it into perspective, the light of the object I saw descend and ascend increased from being the size of a medium bright star to the size of my thumbnail in the sky. That is if I held my hand out with my thumb up in the direction of the object (using it as a sight and measurement). The descend was around 30 degree from it's last high altitude position, no accompanying sound. I imagine the distance of said object at 3 mile from my position. The angle of it came down on was no greater than 10 degree and the time until it stopped, perhaps 1 second. The altitude is tricky for me I would imagine it had to be at least 30000ft. No clouds or very little light pollution observed (no moon) as I am in the country. Time was inbetween 2am-3am.

I do not drink nor do drugs and am not on any medications, I state only because everyone wonders about that. I was outside at that time because I like to observe the stars and frequently do this and have done this for years. I had only ever seen things in the sky one time, 15 years prior which also looked like what is in the video, that is until 2010-2011 where I see these things every so often.

edit on 10-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
I dont care what anyone says these people know what they saw. They didnt see flares, even the Governor said in the "I Know What I Saw" documentary said flares dont act that way. Explain the Triangle Craft saw throughout the state. I would love to hear someone say a bird.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

There is a few, "small" problems....

While i also watched "i know what i saw", the common average person has likely NEVER seen flares or witnessed special military operations/equipment.

How should the common person be remotely capable of saying "it was not flares"

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
fastwalkers = bats

And even birds WOULD move like that. Have you never seen birds catching insects? How can you even remotely say that "birds dont fly like that".....makes me assume you never saw sparrows/small fast birds....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Theres a video of the Triangle UFO somewhere and theres a video of the same object a few years before.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

do birds glow?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

but do birds/bats glow?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Dont be foolish, they dont "glow"! Like anything else that flies above a source of light at night, they reflect, and very brightly under NV conditions.

Really? You dont know this?

ETA: And that goes for whoever starred you as well...

edit on 10-8-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

There ya go, that's some pretty clear footage, do you think the formation of these lights is these orbs flying together?

Im sorry to burst your ba. oh you get the idea.

That wasn't a balloon.

And, Yes, I think there is a strong possibility those lights are just a group of those orbs.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

You have to provide some kind of evidence, on a video you brought to the table, that they are not behaving or appearing like balloons for your statement to have any credence. Just saying "Those aren't balloons " is just as weak as saying "Those are balloons" without any evidence to back up either claim. They most certainly look like they "could" be balloons and I can stop there and accept that until new more compelling evidence is shown that they might not be. Tossing up a video and proclaiming "IT IS THIS" isn't research and proves nothing... not in my world anyway.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
fastwalkers = bats

And even birds WOULD move like that. Have you never seen birds catching insects? How can you even remotely say that "birds dont fly like that".....makes me assume you never saw sparrows/small fast birds....

Birds dont glow tho?? like i have already stated i have seen these fast walkers without night vision. just small pair of binoculars. Can u explain what i have been seeing.. Maybe a bird with a large torch?? lol

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
reply to post by Gwampo

Dont be foolish, they dont "glow"! Like anything else that flies above a source of light at night, they reflect, and very brightly under NV conditions.

Really? You dont know this?

ETA: And that goes for whoever starred you as well...

edit on 10-8-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)

Are u ignoring the fact that these are seen with the naked eye??

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

You're right.... saying that it's not a balloon would need proof ....so in other words it's simply my opinion.

I wasn't the one who brought the video to the table. I was simply disagreeing with the person who jokingly referred to it as a balloon.

Then answered the person who originally posted the video.

I have no proof.... only experiences that have made me question anything in the sky. In 2010 I saw those "orbs" do some amazing things on multiple separate occasions.

Not all UFOs need to take off at the speed of light or do some 90 degree turn at a 1000 mph.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This has been added to the opening post:

UPDATE

The Daily Miner has updated the story, and apparently the lights were a formation of Cessna 17s landing for refueling.

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University out of Prescott confirmed that seven of its Cessna 172 planes refueled at the Kingman Airport between 8 and 10 p.m. Thursday.

The planes are part of the university's "Flight Exploration" summer camp, where students between the ages of 14 and 18 get a chance to pilot aircraft under the watch of certified instructors.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by uk alienhunter

Just because your eye can pick them up doesn't mean they aren't reflecting light and are a lot smaller and a lot closer than you think they are. The human eye is for shat at night even after your 15-20 min. adjustment phase. And using magnification and NV only mean you are enhancing that shat. But really, if you want it to be whatever you want it to be, by all means "believe" what you want.

And as far as "orbs" goes, they are an obtuse way to give a manufactured descriptor to something someone doesn't want to do further research on, on the fear that the continuing research will only reveal something mundane, like dust or a plane on approach or dirty lenses and out of focus flash-lit bugs, balloons etc... Its lazy, self limiting thinking...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind

And as far as "orbs" goes, they are an obtuse way to give a manufactured descriptor to something someone doesn't want to do further research on, on the fear that the continuing research will only reveal something mundane, like dust or a plane on approach or dirty lenses and out of focus flash-lit bugs, balloons etc... Its lazy, self limiting thinking...

Really? You don't think I or others do research cause of some petty fear?

Sounds like your skeptical mood does all the thinking for you.... you have already made your mind up. Tell me... have you done an enormous amount of research? Or are you just the debunker who can come up with those "mundane" explanations?

Frankly.... you just insulted a lot of people.

It's quite obvious who has "limited thinking"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join