It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Kingman (Arizona) light show defied logic. Photos & Video included. Formation of Cessnas?

page: 3
50
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord
 





The Daily Miner has updated the story, and apparently the lights were a formation of Cessna 17s landing for refueling.


And so the cover up begins.

We need to search for other photos and videos of this. Cessna's should have standard aviation lights that strobe/blink.

Surely the witness would have noticed that?




posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   




Sorry to burst your ball....whoops! heh

Sorry to say but if it floats like a balloon, moves like a balloon, shines like a balloon.....

What evidence do you see in that video that the object is NOT a balloon?



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

Really? You don't think I or others do research cause of some petty fear?


Sounds like your skeptical mood does all the thinking for you.... you have already made your mind up. Tell me... have you done an enormous amount of research? Or are you just the debunker who can come up with those "mundane" explanations?

Frankly.... you just insulted a lot of people.

It's quite obvious who has "limited thinking"


When I see a video or picture of a "light in the sky" that's as far as it goes with me, at least until new evidence compels me to think otherwise. I don't use some charged UFO buzzword to give it enhanced meaning and context. It is what it is until it is disproven that it is, a light in the sky... and the lack of limited critical thinking is what turns these investigations into verbal fragfests. I speculate with the best of them but I don't draw from speculation to come to my conclusions. Stick with what is known and eliminate them with evidence before anything else in the fantasy world is used to explain whatever it is we are seeing.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
reply to post by uk alienhunter
 


Just because your eye can pick them up doesn't mean they aren't reflecting light and are a lot smaller and a lot closer than you think they are. The human eye is for shat at night even after your 15-20 min. adjustment phase. And using magnification and NV only mean you are enhancing that shat. But really, if you want it to be whatever you want it to be, by all means "believe" what you want.

And as far as "orbs" goes, they are an obtuse way to give a manufactured descriptor to something someone doesn't want to do further research on, on the fear that the continuing research will only reveal something mundane, like dust or a plane on approach or dirty lenses and out of focus flash-lit bugs, balloons etc... Its lazy, self limiting thinking...


Well like i already stated in one post that the area we was in had no lights as we was in the country right on the east coast. there are no lights able to light up a bird like that.. there were many bats flying about just above our heads and a little higher and these where black against the night sky.. One object we saw circled another object and shot off across the sky faster than any aeroplane and theres no way that was a bird.. i have to say we had alot of flight paths above our heads and these objects were above said planes without a doubt. i have seen many objects over the years now including orange orbs that were not chinese lanterns as these flew against the wind in formation just a few hundred feet above my head flying extremely fast with no sound, one of these looked like a ball of orange liquid or plasma and was very clear to see above my head.. im not saying these or anything else im talking about are alien ships but i do know they wasnt bats, birds, planes, insects or satelites.. i think its self limiting and lazy just to dismiss these out of hand and just saying they are balloons and birds or planes is as crazy as it gets.. Have u spent an eveing looking up?? if not i suggest you give it a go..



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
reply to post by uk alienhunter
 


Just because your eye can pick them up doesn't mean they aren't reflecting light and are a lot smaller and a lot closer than you think they are. The human eye is for shat at night even after your 15-20 min. adjustment phase. And using magnification and NV only mean you are enhancing that shat. But really, if you want it to be whatever you want it to be, by all means "believe" what you want.

And as far as "orbs" goes, they are an obtuse way to give a manufactured descriptor to something someone doesn't want to do further research on, on the fear that the continuing research will only reveal something mundane, like dust or a plane on approach or dirty lenses and out of focus flash-lit bugs, balloons etc... Its lazy, self limiting thinking...



Well like i already stated in one post that the area we was in had no lights as we was in the country right on the east coast. there are no lights able to light up a bird like that.. there were many bats flying about just above our heads and a little higher and these where black against the night sky.. One object we saw circled another object and shot off across the sky faster than any aeroplane and theres no way that was a bird.. i have to say we had alot of flight paths above our heads and these objects were above said planes without a doubt. i have seen many objects over the years now including orange orbs that were not chinese lanterns as these flew against the wind in formation just a few hundred feet above my head flying extremely fast with no sound, one of these looked like a ball of orange liquid or plasma and was very clear to see above my head.. im not saying these or anything else im talking about are alien ships but i do know they wasnt bats, birds, planes, insects or satelites.. i think its self limiting and lazy just to dismiss these out of hand and just saying they are balloons and birds or planes is as crazy as it gets.. Have u spent an eveing looking up?? if not i suggest you give it a go..

edit on 10-8-2011 by uk alienhunter because: i had quoted my whole post



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
Its lazy, self limiting thinking...

And you don't think just going with the balloon, bird, plane theory is self limiting thinking? In fact, I would say that is more limiting than considering all the options here. To me, the debunkers always have the same approach, and that is the "You're dumb. That isn't what it is" approach. Why is that? Aren't there any debunkers that can have an intelligent, back and forth discussion, that is willing to listen to all evidence and ideas? It doesn't seem like it, that is for sure.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk alienhunterHave u spent an eveing looking up?? if not i suggest you give it a go..


Many, without a doubt, but unless it acts like nothing I've ever seen before (non ballistic behavior, etc.) I don't waste my time on it. I only have three incidents in my life where to this date I still have no explanation for them, and just because they are unexplained doesn't mean I don't try to imagine what they are. I don't expect to have them explained anytime soon. I don't wantt them to be anything I want to know what they are without my imagination influencing the outcome.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
All I'm saying is that many of the videos shot with nightvision claiming to be UFO's are birds of a certain family that catch insects at altitudes of several thousand feet. That does not mean all of the videos are birds by any means.
That is not to discount the many other videos and sightings that certainly are not birds or bats. There may be extraterrestrial visitors to our planet and there may be unknown human technologies flying around, or both.
The possibilities are open to many causes of UFOs.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
Its lazy, self limiting thinking...

And you don't think just going with the balloon, bird, plane theory is self limiting thinking? In fact, I would say that is more limiting than considering all the options here. To me, the debunkers always have the same approach, and that is the "You're dumb. That isn't what it is" approach. Why is that? Aren't there any debunkers that can have an intelligent, back and forth discussion, that is willing to listen to all evidence and ideas? It doesn't seem like it, that is for sure.


I certainly do think it is limited thinking, and on the other side of the aisle we have unlimited thinking and neither will get us to knowing anything, except maybe that the person you are arguing such polar points of view with is an idiot. If I can't accept someones viewpoint than its no skin off my back, And in a lot of cases I can be very comfortable with "I don't know" for an answer until something fresh is brought to the table. But if something I see can be explained reasonably by terrestrial phenomena I can accept that as well until compelling evidence can change my mind...



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit
 





What evidence do you see in that video that the object is NOT a balloon?


I wouldn't call this evidence but it's something to consider.

@ 43 seconds in the clip pause and look for the second UFO.

At that second and the second after it appears to zoom by the main UFO that is being focused on.
edit on 10-8-2011 by dplum517 because: typo



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The flares dropped shows what a brilliant move that was by the military. To this day, I see people posting that video as if it was the final proof for the sightings that night. They don't seem to realize there were sightings prior to that on the same night, sightings after the flares, a picture of the object from earlier in the night, and many eyewitnesses, including some who saw the thing fly directly over their heads.

I'd say the government got exactly what they were looking for out of that flare drop.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind
 


I very much appreciate your reply to my comments, and I actually agree with you to a point. The portion about unlimited thinking on the other side is absoutely true, as sometimes these folks can get pretty out there, but the ideas should still be considered. Anyways, thanks for the commentary, and I appreciate your clarification.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Since they are attempting to cover this up by saying it was a group of 14 -18 year olds in cessna's I have to point out .....


For more than an hour beginning sometime around 8 p.m., a Kingman man said he photographed a series of lights that danced their way from the east near the Kingman Airport to the southern horizon, creating oval and rectangular formations as they crossed the sky. "They weren't zooming around," said 20-year-old Michael Baca, who noticed the lights while driving down Airway Avenue with his cousin. "They were very methodical in their movement.


Now..... for a group of novice 14-18 year old pilots doing formations and "dancing" across the sky seems absolutely ludicrous.

Since when would a flight school allow that? At Night too!?

Only kids doing that are cadets at Starfleet Academy.

Not even close to being solved.


edit on 10-8-2011 by dplum517 because: added

edit on 10-8-2011 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
The flares dropped shows what a brilliant move that was by the military. To this day, I see people posting that video as if it was the final proof for the sightings that night. They don't seem to realize there were sightings prior to that on the same night, sightings after the flares, a picture of the object from earlier in the night, and many eyewitnesses, including some who saw the thing fly directly over their heads.

I'd say the government got exactly what they were looking for out of that flare drop.


I agree with this completely. I too think it was a stellar move for someone to tell Luke to hold this exercise when they did. Luke AFB probably didn't know why they were doing it but it created just enough deflection to create some confusion that night and drive the narrative of this event down the typical UFO event path. It was done so politicians could burn taxpayer money mocking the public. That was a disgusting display of political idiocy, IMO.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
This has been added to the opening post:

 



UPDATE

The Daily Miner has updated the story, and apparently the lights were a formation of Cessna 17s landing for refueling.

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University out of Prescott confirmed that seven of its Cessna 172 planes refueled at the Kingman Airport between 8 and 10 p.m. Thursday.

The planes are part of the university's "Flight Exploration" summer camp, where students between the ages of 14 and 18 get a chance to pilot aircraft under the watch of certified instructors.


The story in the Miner says they had certified pilots watching them... I doubt they were on the ground. Kind of hard to correct a mistake from the ground.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola
reply to post by Lost_Mind
 


I very much appreciate your reply to my comments, and I actually agree with you to a point. The portion about unlimited thinking on the other side is absoutely true, as sometimes these folks can get pretty out there, but the ideas should still be considered. Anyways, thanks for the commentary, and I appreciate your clarification.


Consideration is fine and that is what educated speculation is, but even this should have some common sense attached to it... they need to put it in the water on this planet.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lost_Mind
 


Without a doubt the certified pilots were sitting right next to the kids. (if they were really even in flight at that time)

My point still stands in the post above.
edit on 10-8-2011 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by Lost_Mind
 


Without a doubt the certified pilots were sitting right next to the kids.

My point still stands in the post above.


This doesn't come across to me as a typical "in the desert" flight school. LINK to the website. Contact them through email or call them at 800-222-3728. Do some research and try to eliminate your own theories before you jump to any conclusions. Its not our job to do this its yours...

ETA: The youngest solo flight ever was by an 8 year old... granted not at night but I'm sure that was next on the list.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hello My name is Micheal Baca. I am the Person who saw the lights I tried posting them On here but I wasent able to I have about 10-12 pics and a video. I was with my cousin that night and we were about 2 miles away and these where not cessna craft they were hovering and sorry planes dont hover. I am not screaming cover up but these are not planes Please get ahold of me somehow message me and I will send my email or whatever I really want to figure out what those lights where I can give all phone numbers and I will aid research any way I can. I am so happy that this ended up on this website I just saw it on twitter So whoever posted this thank you.



posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbaca3570
Hello My name is Micheal Baca. I am the Person who saw the lights I tried posting them On here but I wasent able to I have about 10-12 pics and a video. I was with my cousin that night and we were about 2 miles away and these where not cessna craft they were hovering and sorry planes dont hover. I am not screaming cover up but these are not planes Please get ahold of me somehow message me and I will send my email or whatever I really want to figure out what those lights where I can give all phone numbers and I will aid research any way I can. I am so happy that this ended up on this website I just saw it on twitter So whoever posted this thank you.


Awesome! Thanks for posting. Your testimony does matter!

Them being cessna's with kids in training is kind of a weak cover up anyway.

Thank one of the site owners since he's posted this.



new topics

top topics



 
50
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join