It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore and His Profane Rant at Aspen Institute

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Gore seems to be losing his cool a little in his global warming crusade, pun intended here I guess. Recently, while speaking at the Aspen Institute, he sounded a little agitated and downright raving. What really surprised me though, was the fact that his normal down to earth tone of voice and way of speaking derailed into a string of profanity. Nothing too bad, but not something I would want my children to listen to.

Now in the spirit of full disclosure, I am not a beleiver of his global warming theories, but I never expected him to go this route. Gore usually seems well spoken and is easy on the ears. Not this time.

Audio only

Related links:
source
source

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Oh I feel for Al Gore. He had a scheme all set up that looked like it was as good as done. It would have been good for billions, at least with that exchange in Chicago and everything else. Now, like his Presidency, it's gone 'Poof' and he has nothing but hot air to hold. I imagine losing the world twice in one life is a lot for anyone to deal with.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
He's starting to sound like Alex Jones...

I wonder how long before he starts his own radio show?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
OWWWWWWWWW!! that sound hurts! wtf did they record this with, a potato?

he has no right to be pissy. all his "save the environment" is meaningless to me when you take into account his house, the amount of electricity and waste he makes, and his profit-fueled motives.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No kidding. With that carbon credit brokerage gig he had going he was supposed to be a billionaire by now. The dude has totally lost his mind. No wonder Tipper got the hell out of there.

He needs to keep his tirades for the 4mpg Lear jet he flys around to these gigs where he looks to drum contributions one of his BS foundations.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Keep the pressure up on these maniacs. They are beginning to crack and come apart at the seams. Al Gore knows BS when he sees it since he is full of it up to his eyeballs.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I agree with Gore, honestly. I don't like him politically but as far as his climate change activism goes, I'm behind him.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Cheers!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I'M WITH AL GORE 100% ON THIS

He's right in what he says and he's right in using the extreme language. What Gore and others (who follow actual science) face when up against the ridiculous, unscientific, and corrupt arguments of deniers, their media sources, and those who fund false denial completely warrants frustration and shaming of those who spout ignorance in the face of the entirety of science. It's gotten completely out of hand and when dealing with such corrupt stupidity, I believe profanities are warranted.

Check out my thread debunking denier BULLS****:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
All scientific theories need to be questioned and there be an allowance for debate in the science community. If there isn't, then that isn't science.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
gore is a pseduo tree hugger hes just upset because he aint making no money

quite franky the person most full of bull $#%$ is al gore hope thats allowed he was cussing in the video.

the hot air that comes from al gore could save the worlds energy crisis
of course that is if you could bottle it and sell it like oh water.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

While that's true, people shouldn't be denying facts. That's what this "debate" is, a wholesale denial of reality.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
OWWWWWWWWW!! that sound hurts! wtf did they record this with, a potato or something?

he has no right to be pissy. all his "save the environment" is meaningless to me when you take into account his house, the amount of electricity and waste he makes, and his profit-fueled motives.

First person to make me LOL on ATS since I joined. This place really is fully of humorless duds in general. Although a little constructive joke critique; don't use "or something" after a great punchline, it really weakens it. BTW, did you know that you can make a battery out of a potato?

Anyway, about ol fatso Al Gore, I kind of think he's right, but since I hate women and they hate me I won't be getting married or having any kids so I don't give a crap. Let's all warm the planet until we die from it, YAY!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
All scientific theories need to be questioned and there be an allowance for debate in the science community. If there isn't, then that isn't science.

The scientific debate over AGW ended in the 50's-70's. The MEDIA/POLITICAL debate we see now is completely manufactured and is the cause of very respectable scientists losing their hair.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Lets all prove our points by posting links to badly produced youtube videos. According to Al Gore we only have 4 more years until the end of the world. I guess we will know the truth then.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Algore has turned into a punchline. No one takes him seriously. Guy is an embarrassment.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

I'M WITH AL GORE 100% ON THIS

He's right in what he says and he's right in using the extreme language. What Gore and others (who follow actual science) face when up against the ridiculous, unscientific, and corrupt arguments of deniers, their media sources, and those who fund false denial completely warrants frustration and shaming of those who spout ignorance in the face of the entirety of science. It's gotten completely out of hand and when dealing with such corrupt stupidity, I believe profanities are warranted.

Check out my thread debunking denier BULLS****:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And a carbon tax saves the world how?

LoL yeah rage all you like. Huff and Puff all you want.

Save the world LMAO. With a tax! LMFAO! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay next lets outlaw breaking the law! HAHAHAHAHA

You do know that he plagiarized in his film and used fake images of glaciers right?
edit on 9-8-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

Not just that be he is on the board of directors for APPLE the least environmentally friendly company on the planet! Just go to greenpeace the bastions of global warming to see this guys is full of manbearpig!
edit on 9-8-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
im sorry i may be mistaken, but didnt i just see a NASA study that says all this global warming stuff is bs? something about the co2 actually not being trapped in the atmosphere? Even if thats false i honestly dont believe we are causing it. Climate change has happened many times before and will continue to happen.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The NASA study does not discount global warming so much as prove that there is a lot of alarmist hoopla in the sense that the raving pro-global warming advocates are exaggerating the dangers. Also, it is certainly fact that CERN scientists were effectually gagged about their recent experiment which offered other reasons for warming than human created CO2.
And even if the worst of the chicken littles were correct, Cap and Trade is the biggest scam plan I've ever heard of. It's worthy of the Banking/Finance elite. And The UN is a corrupt, inefficient, and ridiculous organization.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join