It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in the making in the UK???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Just posted this in another thread:

"Apparently about 150 Millwall and Charlton lads, not EDL but 'proper boys', are patrolling their local area defying anyone who intends to riot.

Vigilantes or concerned citizens protecting their community?"

Concerned citizens in the main.

Where i grew up, a large group of 'real' hard cases are patrolling ready to put any trouble down quick smart.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LetsBringIt
Whoever thinks this is a revolution.
I suggest you watch this video.

edit on 9-8-2011 by LetsBringIt because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2011 by LetsBringIt because: (no reason given)

Well thats how Libya's and Syria, Egypt revolution started and everyone here quickly went on bandwagon by calling them a revolution well knowing that Millions of people didn't join in.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I never was on the band wagon. Most of the people rioting in the ME are looking to enforce a theocracy.

There are probably a few people looking for greater human liberties. I'm sure their fellow rioters are being really kind to them (please feel the sarcasm).

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
its not a revolution because the wider community is condemning these acts. Police are out in force and are saying no more softly softly approach. Looks like the rioters are staying at home tonight.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
reply to post by Rosha

i guess if everyone was a good citizen like you we would not have any problems. but you see, thats not how it works. people are different.

i don't even want the new mobiles and trainers and ipads. i see what has to happen for us to get these products. i know how the wealthier countries use and abuse the poorer countries. its disgusting and probably even evil what the wealthier countries are doing to their poorer neighbours.

Johny its not about good and bad, I'm not qualified to judge the inner heart of anyone involved. Having stemmed myself from the same reality many of these people claim to be living though, ( that said I never had money for a blackberry when I was homeless or on welfare), I am qualified to judge their actions and even in judging those actions it is still more a case of "is it useful - or not" than a value judgment about righteousness or lack there of.

I dont find anything these people have done ' useful' to anyone...least of all themselves, that is, apart from showing us how much they have bought into the 'must need it-gotta have it' capitalist lie.

Now I'd like to simplify and view this all as a mass acting out of capitalist slaves unable to show us their true prediciment in any other way..crying out for our help to rise back to free humanhood, but I can't Im sorry as I have seen things these past few days that dont justify that altruistic stance.

I have seen people CHOOSING to buy into the lie..people who DO have OTHER choices available they just dont want to make them. And that, is not my problem or capitalists problem or societies problem..its THEIRS and imo, only by taking personal responsibility for their own life, will anything change for them.

ymmv

edit on 9-8-2011 by Rosha because: typos

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Perhaps a revolution is taking place but not what you think.... one where the people of the UK realise we have been stupid and all this softly-softly approach we have been doing for the last 20 years is allowing a generation of thugs to appear who have no respect, not fear and get kicks doing stuff like this.

We fill prisons with PS3s, send kids to theme parks and package them of on holidays when they are supposed to be locked up for crime.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Although this is not a revolution at the moment, I do think the potential for a revolution to come off the back of this is definitely present.

The unemployment rate in Britain has just gone up measurably, this along with loss of earning due to riots, the stock market crisis and massive uncertainty about the future could actually be the catalyst for a full blown revolution.

When that happens, the riots may be blamed for the unrest but believe me revolution is long over due. I just hope that the actual revolution will be peaceful ie non-compliance. At least with the riots taking place now and lots of shops being empty, if peaceful protest does commence, looting will be less of a reason for the police to be overly heavy handed. One cannot loot an empty shop.

The people need to reclaim the streets and reclaim the country from the lawless and the corrupt.
edit on 9-8-2011 by Threegirls because: I'm tired.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is simply thuggery writ large. No different than the "flash mobs" we have here in the US.

It's not about social injustice or fighting "the man" but about how much free stuff they can get. Nothing more. Anyone thinking different is utterly and completely delusional.

How the HELL does anyone in their right mind justify rifling through some poor kids backpack as he's bleeding on the street???

Some sick damn people on this website

edit on 9-8-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well here are some statements that to me seem pretty accurate.
Britian has massive social problems.
Many rioters are taking advantage and looting.
Many people are angry and feel they have no future.
many people are angry and feel they have a future.
Some people are A-holes.
Some A-holes are poor, others middle-class.
looting and riots do not a revolution make.
looting and riots often occur during revolutions because some people are A-holes.

Make of it what you will.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I find it funny that people in America and Europe supported the efforts of what young adults were doing in their mini-revolutions in Iran/Egypt/Libya and other parts of the Middle East, but when it is in their own country they see it as just a bunch of lazy criminals that want to steal.

The destruction of property sends a bigger message to the establishment than having signs and doing peaceful protests.

Apparently, the Boston Tea Party was just a bunch of criminals dressing up in costumes and destroying property.

The reason why they are looting and burning buildings is a direct result of the economic conditions that these people are facing that is in large part caused by the government and "hard-working" wealthy people in England.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I don't know but I have been humming the Sex Pistols "Anarchy in the U.K." all day at work...I'm telling ya man that chit is stuck in my head

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hippo45
I find it funny that people in America and Europe supported the efforts of what young adults were doing in their mini-revolutions in Iran/Egypt/Libya and other parts of the Middle East, but when it is in their own country they see it as just a bunch of lazy criminals that want to steal.
Not really, these people are not acting in the same way the people in Egypt (I don't think your other examples can be compared with Egypt, for example) were acting, even if the economic situation is behind both events (which I don't think it really is)

The destruction of property sends a bigger message to the establishment than having signs and doing peaceful protests.
With all those demonstrations in Egypt, how many burning buildings did you see during all those days? In this event, they started by burning buildings on the first night. And that's another difference, in Egypt the demonstrations were permanent, during the day and the night, and, as far as I understand it, in the UK these actions are short and mostly during the night.

Apparently, the Boston Tea Party was just a bunch of criminals dressing up in costumes and destroying property.
Partially, yes.

The reason why they are looting and burning buildings is a direct result of the economic conditions that these people are facing that is in large part caused by the government and "hard-working" wealthy people in England.
No, is a direct result of their own minds.

Do you remember what started the Egyptian revolution? A man that burned himself because he could not get his business working. Slightly different from this case, don't you think?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
More thuggery and blackmail.not revolution..
2nd.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hippo45

The reason they are looting is THEY WANT TO. As they say in their own words - it is FUN for them!
They think they can get away with it..and so they do it. They dont give two sh*ts what the consequences are to themselves or everyone else. All it does is 'proove to the man' they are animals that need herding and so justify to those mongrals 'we all need' tighter 'social reinforcement'.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Fully agree with you mate.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

People should look at the source of issues instead of just be quick to shoot.

Star for you.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It could very well turn into a revolution based on the fact that the gov can't control it. Lets face it the people are fed up of governments and stock markets and debt. These youth want to work but there is no prospects for them, they have been handed a lemon.

At this point they are empowering themselves and showing the world how much of a joke the system in the UK is. They are able to revel in the fact that they now control the streets, yes, young "punks" rule London England. More people will be watching and saying to themselves "The leadership in incompetent, they can't even protect us good hard working citizens. What good are they to me now? They can't even ease my fears".

The rest of the world watches and just says, that society is a powder keg waiting to blow. The markets are going up though somehow...interesting.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is no revolution. Believe me! This isnt the people of england fighting back against the wrong doings of the government. What this is, is mindless scumbags and thugs, pretty much all youths with no jobs and probably from broken homes, using an unjustified killing of a drug dealer by the police to loot shops and burn down businesses and homes. How is that fighting the system? If this were truly a revolt then it would be people fighting the police and rioting at parliment square and other government owned buildings, something like the g12 riots where they targeted banks!

To add to this point, last night groups of people from areas all across london came out to fight against these rioters/looters. These are not police just normal civilians like you and me who have had enough of this mindless thuggery, and look what happened. There were no reports this morning of any serious unrest or criminal damage thanks the people fighting back!

Jus to add, i didnt see these looters burning down the doll office now!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
This is simply thuggery writ large. No different than the "flash mobs" we have here in the US.

It's not about social injustice or fighting "the man" but about how much free stuff they can get. Nothing more. Anyone thinking different is utterly and completely delusional.

How the HELL does anyone in their right mind justify rifling through some poor kids backpack as he's bleeding on the street???

Some sick damn people on this website

edit on 9-8-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

Absolutely. Thuggery pure and simple. Having no jobs does give certain people the "right" (!!) to trash peoples homes, shops and communities. These are criminal thugs and gang members (the blackberry texts prove this) that are intent on violence and theft.

Where are the 40 and 50 year old unemployed people ? Are they trashing shops.....no.

What is happening is indefensible unfortunately some "PC" people are defending it and it will have huge ramifications due to the predominantly black profile of the looters. I live in Scotland, very few black people here and yet I heard this said about 20 minutes ago waiting to get my roll & bacon at the mobile van :

"I have never thought of myself as racist but see those black b.st.rds last night saying they were doing it because they had no jobs and were picked on by the police. Well what about the rest of us for the last 3 years. That does not give them an excuse to trash peoples shops and homes. They should get on the f...ing boat back home."

He has a point , why does a certain community feel they can excuse this kind of behaviour, when their grievances are felt by all of us! NB in Scotland any police heavy handedness is against white folks!

Race relations will plummet after this unless the behaviour is roundly condemed and not defended.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
When youth listen to Rap music which has a central theme of us against white society and the white police , I wonder whypeople act surprised when the dumbed down youth have multi millionare black gangsta stars as heroes, the one swho incite violence and hate whilst they drive their cadillacs /mercedes ect ect.
And collect the mega royalties.
The hoodie the face down shufflin pose...all crap, bought by aimless youth.
These kids when young needed positive outlets such as sport, astronomy, music ect ect, not psuedo faker rap crap.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
When youth listen to Rap music which has a central theme of us against white society and the white police , I wonder whypeople act surprised when the dumbed down youth have multi millionare black gangsta stars as heroes, the one swho incite violence and hate whilst they drive their cadillacs /mercedes ect ect.
And collect the mega royalties.
The hoodie the face down shufflin pose...all crap, bought by aimless youth.
These kids when young needed positive outlets such as sport, astronomy, music ect ect, not psuedo faker rap crap.

How racist can you be? Rap music does not have the central themes you talk about, if you would perhaps bother to listen to some before pointing a finger. The UK Rap scene for example includes numerous artists from all cultural backgrounds and many of them present a message that violence is not the answer...however they also talk about the reality of the world, where if you are young and the police classify you as a threat you will get a hard time. I listen to rap music, amongst other things,I am not aimless youth, I am a female (I'm white- actually more like pink - but that just happens to be the colour of my skin) and I work hard. I agree kids need something positive to put their energy into, but why shouldn't that be music that they are interested in, not what you approve of.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join