It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in the making in the UK???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

100% agree with this. The Nanny State as what evolved under the filthy Labour reign, is nothing short of disgusting an anti everything that is needed to be in place for individuals to be responsible for their own actions. The Human Rights Act should be scrapped! Teachers should have more powers, Parents should have more powers as unreal as they may sound, Police should have more powers, courts need tougher sentences and this notion of they are just kids needs to stop! When 9 10 year olds are robbing, carrying knives and and attacking people and property, are excuses acceptable? When a 10 year old can be brought in to custody only to tell the officer to f off as nothing will happen to him, is that acceptable? These kids and teenagers have absolutely no fear of the law and it's not from BS job prospects no hope no blah blah its because they know that nothing will happen to them! They know that even the older ones will get a slap on the wrist and told to be good. Also, I'm a strong believer that if the parents are seen to be letting their kids run wild, they need to be punished.
Too often there were kids brought in to custody, the parents show up and have a go at the officer "I'm sorry ma'am but your child stabbed another boy in the leg". They don't care what they've done, they care that they got dragged out of bingo or the pub to deal with it!
All the while, they get more support, more help and everyone is made to feel sorry for them. We are all guilty, yeah right. Too many excuses for the inexcusable!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This is nothing like a revolution, its a bunch of opportunistic criminal scumbags going on the rampage, looting whatever they can find. This is despite the fact that they're supported by the state better than any time in history

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

As I have stated in other threads on ATS it is a different generation and a different culture nowadays.

If I had done what they done when I was younger, I would not be able to sit down for a week.

But you cant do that nowadays. You only have to look at the people who have been arrested for trying to challenge or stop youngsters from disrupting their neighborhoods in the past.

I agree how ever with the rest of your comment.

Star for you.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Not any were near a riot, at least a riot precedes a revolution, this is nothing but a bunch of thugs exploiting an opportunity that has arisen.

What worries me the most however...is all of the other SCUMBAGS who are jumping on board and further exploting the situation.

I am on about the racists, extremists, the terrorists and other sick people of society, the type of people who will go and kill some brothers in cold blood because they were trying to defend their property and their neighbours:

www.telegraph.co.uk...
This will be a revolution all right, just not how people expect it to be...I expect all hell to break loose, until the sensible good folk of the UK decide enough is enough and start a real revolution to not submit to fear (from their own government and from the dredges of society). Then change will occur in the right way.

"Revolutions are exciting, but they leave many dead bodies"

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

If this was a genuine attempt at trying to force electoral and parliamentary reform then I would be 100% behind it.

If this was a genuine protest against the ruling elite and the bankers then I would be supportive.

If this was a genuine protest against the ongoing social engineering and the relentless deconstruction of British society then I would be 100% behind it.

If this was a genuine protest at the lack of investment in these areas and the people living there then I would be supportive.

But as it is none of these and nothing but a bunch of kids intent on having a laugh and going on the rob all at the expense of other working class people then I'm afraid I couldn't give a toss about the thieving scumbags and hope they get what they deserve.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Im actually sickened by some posts from people I know on facebook and comments from colleagues at work , coming out with the most racist remarks I've heard in relation to the ethnicity of those involved in the riots.
It;s disgusting that people can so easily just throw around statements like that with absolutely no proof to back it up.
I have made my opinion clear to them , and no longer wish to remain friends with them simply because of their downright xenophobic and racist remarks.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

As I have stated in other threads on ATS it is a different generation and a different culture nowadays.

If I had done what they done when I was younger, I would not be able to sit down for a week.

But you cant do that nowadays. You only have to look at the people who have been arrested for trying to challenge or stop youngsters from disrupting their neighborhoods in the past.

I agree how ever with the rest of your comment.

Star for you.

Hi, I don't know how old you are, but a generation ago there were riots all over the country, but the main ones of course were Brixton and Toxteth. Arguably there was some reason to those, although that by no way means I agree with the action. This is a generational cycle, just that acceptance/glorification of violence, celebrity culture and the whole greed thing means it's getting more likely to happen.

For the arrests of people trying to challenge/stop these actions taking place, I've not seen too much detail on that and am kind of on the fence. I can totally understand people doing this and if I lived in those areas I'm sure I would at least be tempted to do the same. It's a very slim line between a joint show of force to curb violence/looting and vigilante actions where violence is used.

Once the line is crossed (and I understand why it would be the case), you've got to accept it's outside of the law, but given all the circumstances I can't imagine they wouldn't have the sympathy of a jury.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

Its because humans are greedy they dont care about anything but themselves...well most of them

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

One my age is irrelevant.

Two you are not telling me something, I do not already know.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I put this on the david cameron thread but I'm repeating here as it seems to have more relevance. Totally agree with your comments here.

Well done Britain !.we have lost a whole generation, years of lily liberal dumbing down, do gooders and mamby pamby policies. No self respect or self discipline, how can they when no-one can stop them for fear of being reported to 'childline'or social services or the european courts etc. They succeeded in producing an underclass of dumbed down 'drones.' Media dependant but no 'independant' thought and happy to live off everyone else.

The ptb didn't want intelligence or integity, they just wanted them to play with their little gadgets and not ask too many questions. Of course if you got bored or underachieved as a result of this standardised dumbed down brainwashing you must have ODD ASD or ADHD etc ( ironically the very conditions now attributed to some of history's most brilliant minds like Leonardo de Vinci, Newton and Einstein,).. never mind eh? we'll just drug them into submission with ritalin...As said in the Mail Online a 'generation of amoral, uneducated, welfare dependent, brutalised youngsters' ... unfortunately now the little toys and gadgets have been abused, like social networking sites like this one ? ooops...you reap what you sow !! Now the death toll is growing ( latest hit and run incident those poor people trying to help protect their community. )

I know...lets go 'hug a hoodie' shall we ?... after all the little darlings know not what they do ....bless !! Its too late to water them with water cannon now the crops been harvested has it not !

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Rant over..oh well... got to go pay my bills now never mind eh?

edit on 10-8-2011 by trilogy111 because: format wrong

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I grew up in Herne Hill which is in Brixton but the big riots of 81 was the same year that I was born. What I can tell you is that although those riots had reason, the majority of people who got involved had no justification whatsoever, most were white kids who just wanted to fight! What sparked the riots was the police appraoch to people and their perceived appraoch to certain ethnic groups. Although I for one could definately see why the police adopted this approach, I could also see why it would kick off because back then the old bill were proper heavy handed, on par with bascially the rest of the world. However, you have to understand that it was a different time. Those rioters who attacked local shops during the Brixton riots felt the wrath of locals afterwards I can tell you. When you got pulled by the old bill you kept your mouth shut or get a clump, but you had respect, you had respect for everyone, police, elders, school teachers. It was only when the police went too far that it finally kicked off! Also, growing up in Brixton in the 80's you kind of saw that it's reputation was a false one, honestly it wasn't that bad and the main reason for that was the community spirit that was still in place at that time. Riots aside, I was in a large gang whites, blacks you name it and we would walk about proper stronging it, but we wouldn't dream of bullying anyone, we wouldn't smash property, steal. Even the drug dealers and proper old school heavyweight criminals would help an old lady with her shopping.
My point is although kids are kids and teenagers are teenagers, it's become so aggressive now so dangerous. It's a lust to accumalate great wealth and material possession for doing as little as possible. They watch cribs and want that house but want to do nothing for it! Kids aren't kids anymore in these areas. When I was ten I was playing football in the street, climbing up trees and exploring old warehouses. 10 year olds today are carrying knives and doing drug runs and muggings. People can use all the excuses they want, but a line must be drawn, something is very wrong and the only people that will lose, as always, are the every day workers that are already struggling to live.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

One my age is irrelevant.

Two you are not telling me something, I do not already know.

I don't want to know your age. You implied rioting was something special about this generation. It's not. I was making that point as you didn't seem to be aware of this.

Thanks for your polite response.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ
This is nothing like a revolution, its a bunch of opportunistic criminal scumbags going on the rampage, looting whatever they can find. This is despite the fact that they're supported by the state better than any time in history

Quoted for agreement.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

No if you read my comment,

I said If I done this when I was younger, I would not be sitting down for a week. What I am pointing out is that, parents cannot discipline there children as much nowadays as they could, when I was younger in fear of being arrested.

I was not implying that these riots or this generation was special what so ever.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

revolution in the making.......no
its more like the new york garbage strike of 1968
the streets are full of trash

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yeah, yeah, rioting is bad ñañañaña
Funny how we forget the criminal society we live in, funny we forget we are slaves. funny is this anger against our equals for just going nuts, for being desperate.

Drakus

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
Yeah, yeah, rioting is bad ñañañaña
Funny how we forget the criminal society we live in, funny we forget we are slaves. funny is this anger against our equals for just going nuts, for being desperate.
Drakus

Ok, let's land back on planet Earth. That was a very emotional gent talking about the ills of society. He was incorrect in much of what he said (Mark Duggan was shot twice, once in the arm, once in the chest, his head was not blown off). He's got a right to say there is social deprivation, always has been and sadly probably always will be in every society. He makes it clear he doesn't condone what happened, are you saying that you do?

As for being desperate.... for carpet? For a new TV?

If you want to read something that more truly represents the attitudes of the great majority of people, have a look at -

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 10-8-2011 by something wicked because: added link

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm from the UK, and this situation is just pure criminal greed and opportunism. Yes, the economy is in the toilet, yes we have high unemployment, yes we probably could do with a revolution of some kind.

BUT THIS IS NOT ANYTHING LIKE REVOLUTION

To even consider this a revolution, or beginning of a revolution is a mockery to those in the Middle East and China, who die for their beliefs and ideals. Our lot wouldn't put their lives on the line for their own mothers, let alone a belief, what DO they believe in? It is, to be honest, embarrassing. If anything, this has pushed the UK populace back to the Government, who if they announced Martial Law tomorrow (not saying they will), most people would approve, even cheer!

Is this it? The amount of terrible events over the last 10 years has been incredible, are we now on an accelerated down hill plunge into anarchy? Will it, or can it, get better? What happens when the economy tanks, we think its bad now..........

CC

P.S. I would like to apologise to all Americans reading this post. I had, in the past, believed you to be a quite violent, aggressive nation (in the whole stereotypical way). I now see that it is we who are the violent ones. apologies.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
For those calling this a revolution, do you call the flash mobs that have been taking place in America a revolutionary act?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join