It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in the making in the UK???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

this is nothing like egypt...its no revolution...egypt was hundreds of thousands of people gathering against a dictator.

this is a few hundred child thugs burning buildings and looting shops because they think its fun.

the british public are 100% against whats happening and are ashamed of these people.

at the same time however we are ashamed of our police for taking the softly softly approach...if our police new how to differentiate between an innocent protester and a rioter during past protests then they wouldnt be forced to be so gentle with these scum bags now.

there wont be revolution in the developed world for decades...people have it too cushy...our xbox's, sky TV, mcdonalds, night clubs, nice cars, clothes and soft beds make us blind to the fact our freedoms and human rights are being taken away...there is a line and one day it'l be crossed...then there will be revolution...but dont expect it yet.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

First of all i listen to hiphop im a big fan! I think its very narrow minded to blame this on rap music. I am also white and from london and i havent been involved in these riots. Infact it angers me to my very core that people can do thus to their own community. I mean i dont know you but reading comments like that lead me to believe that you are an old bitter naive idiot to put it it simple. If youve watched the news ull notice that isnt ALL black people doing the rioting its quite alot of loser white people.

If you get a free minute you should search youtube for Ice Cube, Gangsta rap made me do it.
Maybe ul realise not all RAP music is full of black billionaire bulls**t.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
It could very well turn into a revolution based on the fact that the gov can't control it.
I don't think so, to turn it into a revolution the "revolutionaries" need to see it as a goal, not as entertainment.

Lets face it the people are fed up of governments and stock markets and debt. These youth want to work but there is no prospects for them, they have been handed a lemon.
I don't think these want to work, they aren't making any demands, just taking things and destroying places where they could have worked.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Seriously?? You are trying to compare an uprising by adults (and this is important) against an oppresive regime for political gain, and a bunch of thieving kids solely out to line their pockets and adorn their houses with the latest TV's

A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around") is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time.

Not a load of youths trying to cause trouble just for fun..

Most of them would not even have the slightest idea about what's even going on with the government let alone why they should form a revolution against it.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Truth_Hz because: spelling izit..

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I'm repeating a post of mine from another thread.

This is nothing but an excuse for a crimewave, these criminals are using "protest" as an excuse for enriching themselves at others expense, if you want to protest and be taken seriously, riot at police stations, at parliament, at the local council offices and at the M.P's offices maybe at banks too but PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT OUT ON YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS we're all in the same boat.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Exactly the point I've been trying to make..

There is no revolution, there is no uprising, it is merely a bunch of inner city youths out to make quick buck..

Viva la oleada de crímenes... not quite got the same ring does it...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
There is no Revolution!

There is no need for Revolution!

There will be no Revolution!

We don't want one, what we need is tougher laws & punishments

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Interesting to see how just about every member here is calling this criminality and blaming it all on a select few teenage thugs in cities up and down the country.

It is also interesting how the BBC and others are reporting it as such. They deliberately pick out antisocial youth rioters for interview who come accross as CHAVS with no political agenda and we lap it up like fools.

Through selective reporting on MSM, they are quite cleverly controlling and conditioning peoples views on all of this. Take a look around you and listen to the other peoples outrage at these acts of violence and crime...

Where was this outrage 3 years ago when the banksters destroyed our future and still got their obscene cash bonuses for doing so? Where was the outrage when they guaranteed that successive Goveernments would be so poor that they would not be able to pay state pensions for generations to come, if indeed ever again?

Joe Public is sick to the back teeth of being shafted by these corrupt Politicians and their brazen protection of the criminal banksters. Yes people are looting shops and torching cars and buildings but guess what? These activities go hand in hand with the act of rioting by desperate people.

People are not happy with the Government and they are now taking to the streets and letting the rest of the world know. The News reporters are doing an excellent job of getting public opinion against these groups and blaming it all on criminal elements. God forbid that any of them be rioting for political purposes...

So long as the majority believe the crap that is being peddled by the MSM as to the real reasons behind this rioting, sadly there will be no revolution. People are so dumb, it beggars belief.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

Read my post, until the rioting is directed at legitimate targets this will be just a mass crimewave. Stealing yourself a new iphone or playstation is NOT protesting, it's crime.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

Well apologies for being "Dumb" but where are their political demands? Where are the changes that they want to see? How is setting things on fire, mugging people, looting and setting fire to cars in any way shape or form some kind of political uprising?

The majority of the protesters are only kids, are you telling me they have a political agenda to further?

No.

The thing is you can come here with your name calling and attempt to sensationalise or glorify what is going on but the fact of the matter is it is feral kids causing trouble the same that normally goes on in the rough areas of city every day only this time they have used a peaceful protest as a catalyst to spread from their areas into the streets.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Revolution is the most feared word to the wealthy ruling class in the UK. My God, the serfs are revolting!

If you think that's wrong, look at our society from Queenie down. Who paid for The Royal Wedding for Wills, we did, did one of the wealthiest families in the world pay, don't be stupid.

Britain built an empire purely because of its ruling class being fully prepared to sacrifice its citizens, oops sorry! serfs as cannon fodder.

Yes we have 'had it better' for a number of years, however, we worked for it. But that only really meant that cash was made available for us to work our socks off as usual in building good businesses, improving our housing stock + the improvement to our services. The cash has been withdrawn and much of our hard work has been destroyed, simply because many businesses have or are beening bankrupted and their assets stripped and homes repossessed by the banks, making them also now available for wealthy land lords to grab. We haven't even hit the bottom of this cycle yet for the ordinary people, who did the work, paid for and need the services that we have having slashed in front of our eyes. Funnily enough apparently our rich are still getting richer.

Ordinary people are finding it harder and harder. My friend works in an office where a group were made redundant. One family man, broken by his redundancy committed suicide. The wealthy media doesn't like reporting that though. Bring in the hike in fuel and food prices this winter, I suspect trouble will erupt again and it won't just be youths. People are sick and tired of being exploited and having their tax revenues, wasted. Does anyone one know why our tax payers money is being wasted in Afganistan and Libya apart from helping the rich form companies to grab these countries resources?

Regardless of the real reason for why this has started up, the young are at really the tip of the iceberg here because they are the generation that can see no hope for a bright future. It shouldn't be forgotten that those young have angry parents who look at their kids and want a better future for them. All kids rebel in one way or another and it comes out by their behaviour and we have seen the most volatile. Odd scores have probably been involved in these riots but although the majority of us don't go charging into the street rioting, it could well be that many people feel that huge change needs to be carried out in the UK and may support action simply to generate change. Who actuallty relates to any of our politicians today - Etonians, wealth that is so far removed from the ordinary people. There is a huge gulf opening up and a way of bridging it needs to be found and it involves liquidating some of the wealth in the country to invest in its citizens and their future.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
This is not a revolution, please stop calling it one. It is criminality on a massive scale. Criminal opportunism taking advantage of the situation. A real break down in moral's an values. This is not the rise of the masses, but an out pouring of criminality.

Things are never that black and white. Of course there is a large opportunist element who are only interested in looting, but that's far from the whole story. Even if you were right, shouldn't we be asking ourselves why we have "criminality on a massive scale"? How have we bred a generation of criminals? If that's the case then there's something deeply wrong with our society.
The truth is that what we are seeing is just the same as what has been happening across the middle east. People are sick of corrupt goverments which do everything to protect banks, big corporations and the mega-rich minority, while oppressing the population with increasingly military-style policing. The corrupt media is the glue which holds the whole sick system together.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Although i don't condone the little gits that have caused all this mischeif and mahem, there is always a reason behind everything. A cause and effect, so to speak.

The fabric of our society is being eroded away by this governement and they need to sit down and listen to our young people and reassure them that will not be forgotten in this so called time of austerity and inpendiing cuts.
I have siad this before, and it needs to be said again. What have these kids got? Where do they come from? Who are their Parents? Well their Parents, are stuggling finanially. Some may go to work, some may not, some are just living above or just below the breadline. Some are from broken homes. No one makes these kids bad! All the time on the tv and magerzines, music and peer pressure, the underlying theme is money...how to make i, how to spend it and how you are meant to present yourself if you've got it! Bling, bling , bling!!!
Morning , noon and night the stars show off on the tele, bragging about what a wonderful life they have, when a teenager, who has gone through school and wants to go to college gets his/ her EMA cut. Education maintenance allowence taken away. Now that may only be £30 a week, but it is a big help towards travel, lunch and general knick knacks a typical teenager requires at that age. It was not an easy £30. One day off skyving and you did'nt get it! I should know because it was introduced by Labour when my Daughter started 6 form a few years back. We couldnt understand it when one day my Daughter didn't recieve it, to find out she had had a day off sick and they wouldn't pay. Fair enough, i thought...........think they mean it!

However, although not rich my Daughter continued with her studies and persevered. She decided to go in to Law and was offered a place at uni to study Law. As you can imagine i was extatic, until i saw the costs involved.
However, through grants and loans at LEA level all was good and she went on to get her degree with flying colours.
I am a single Mother and i see that other Parents in their struggle to bring up their kids in this nasty selfish this land we call home.
You cant go anywhere now without it costing money. Everywhere you go there is a demand for your money.
I personally think that the kids are at the end of their teather and they really don't give a # anymore. People say the kids should know right from wrong. True, but if you come from a broken home and all you can do all day is play these vicious and violent playstation games from dusk till dawn, then there's not really much hope is there? So the illusion of fear is gone straight away, albeit a fantasy. Or is it all a fantasy? Kids fall in to the boosom of their pals, their gangs. These are the new families. When was the last time your family ate three square meals a day? One Parent is always at work. To the kids the family unit has been chipped away and the family become estranged and deeply unhappy. Mums at work, Dad's at work...for what? just to pay the bills and the rent. So they find the new family, the gangs!

Fast forward to the riots and the government. The kids and i suspect the parents have given up and its easy to say where are the parents, but they could be at work trying to earn a crust.
As for the kids, why should they care? They have no identity, not do our communities. Every high street you go to has the same shops, selling the same old crap! Our high streets are just like McDonalds, all the same theme, nothing unusual anywhere.
So where do the kids fit into all this? They are angry, they have given up and hey around fifteen years of learnt behaviour on the playstation! I don't think a few rubber bullets will deter them, oh, no...may even encourage them!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I remember when people lined up and fought, and that was the way you had a war.
Then along came like swamp fox and American revolutionaries who fought with more guerilla methods and they were like "that's not war, that's just uncivilized murder!"
I do, I remember it. I'm old. lol ha

But really who is to say what protest is or isn't? Hasn't anonymous taught us that maybe it can be a cyber sit in or is it a ddos? The people in charge make the labels. Maybe stealing a playstation IS a form of protest- maybe it is protesting the fact that you want a darn playstation and can't get one or maybe you had to sell yours to pay your insurance or pay taxes, or maybe you had one and the stupid thing got the BSOD and died.

Thou shall not steal. OK Thou shall not covet OK Thou shall not commit arson Oh, uh, that one's not in there but we allo agree on it today....

But American revolutionaries dumped the tea in the harbor and they tar and feathered and that was stealing and harming criminal behavior too.

The revolution might be citizens protecting themselves. Demanding the right to protect themselves. B/c Britain has taken a lot of power from her people, has she not? Looks like on both sides of the coin, it's about taking power back.

JMO

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Americans invented rioting and we know that tearing up "your" own sh*@ does not solve
anything. What they are doing in the Uk is sooo 1980's, and petty.
Martin Luther King jr had the best defense against tptb boycotts...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Infact it angers me to my very core that people can do thus to their own community

Their "own" community? What does their "community" do for them?

Nothing? Oh..I see.

There needs to be an actual sense of community before you can speak about a community. Obviously, that's not t he case here.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

Well apologies for being "Dumb" but where are their political demands? Where are the changes that they want to see? How is setting things on fire, mugging people, looting and setting fire to cars in any way shape or form some kind of political uprising?

It needn't be political. Politics, after all, is a rat trap. Stand in a neat line, walk hand in hand, hold some painted cardboard, shout slogans, go home and nothing changes - that's a political protest and uprising.

This is nothing political.

This is people uprising. This is people being herd animals. However, not you nor anyone can put this aside as just thugs and what not. That's taking ignorance to its extremes. Look at examples from history...

If these protesters/rioters are smart they would head for the Olympic stadium areas. I know I would.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Unfortunately these riots will put an end to peaceful protests in the UK. Any legitimate protest against the government will now be linked to these riots and quashed.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Unfortunately these riots will put an end to peaceful protests in the UK.

No. The level of general intellect on all sides is what does that.

Any legitimate protest against the government will now be linked to these riots and quashed.

Only by and in the eyes of the intellectually less fortunate as mentioned above. And in this case, they really are less fortunate.

You do understand what you are saying right? That in the future, any protest against the government will be more and more violent. Since it will be likened to these riots in the first place. And any government reaction will be more forceful, meaning, that you are saddled with self-perpetuating civil unrest that gets more and more violent. If there was ever karma, say hello to it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
news.yahoo.com...
Sounds similar to Egypt

sounds like bull#. the second you hear "oh, it's like egypt" you know it's bull#.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join