It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in the making in the UK???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

No I'm not. I'm saying it will be harder for groups to demonstrate in the UK in the future. You will see for yourself soon.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
What we are witnessing is the direct consequence of the economic/monetary system we are forced to live under.
This is just the beginning. Get ready.
The death of money is the only thing that will end this, and it probably isn't going to end nicely.
Until that happens, I'll be quietly cheering from as far away as I can get.
The worse it gets, the quicker it will be over. It's like ripping off a plaster, lol
My 2c

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

No I'm not.

Yes you are.

I'm saying it will be harder for groups to demonstrate in the UK in the future.

Which will create less demonstrations and more riots. In fact, you're getting way ahead of yourself by thinking of the riots ongoing now as over already. So, the result will be more violence.

You will see for yourself soon.

A totalitarian state. Once that happens ANYWHERE there are UK soldiers they will be attacked without hesitation. People will think, if you're doing that in your home country it means you want the same for us, whom you're invading.

Man, who opened pandoras box?
edit on 10-8-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

Americans invented rioting and we know that tearing up "your" own sh*@ does not solve
anything. What they are doing in the Uk is sooo 1980's, and petty.
Martin Luther King jr had the best defense against tptb boycotts...

Rioting was common place well before America ever existed and whilst American riots may have much in common with these riots, the looting and wanton destuction, Americans have never risen up en masse in civil protest against anything or anyone.

Martin Luther King would be disgusted if he could see what his people have done with those rights gained through The Freedom Marches etc.

reply to post by Zamini

This is people uprising.

No it's not.
The majority of these people wouldn't even be able to spell uprising.

It's wanton destruction for nothing more than a bit of 'fun' and personal gain.

If these protesters/rioters are smart.......

That's the point, they aren't very smart at all and have no concept of revolution or uprising.

Unfortunately these riots will put an end to peaceful protests in the UK. Any legitimate protest against the government will now be linked to these riots and quashed.

I posted the exact same thing on Sunday.
The government willl use this as an excuse to further limit the right to protest, demonstrate, congregate and discuss etc.

And with the blessing of the ignorant majority.

edit on 10/8/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

"yes, peasant. kiss the ring on my hand. yes, peasant, call for more police state. yes.
you are so easy peasant. muahahahahaha. kneel, peasant. ask me to send the military
onto the streets. yes, you peasants are so stupid. muahahahaha"

evil nwo overlord while eating breakfast and talking to his minions @ bbc over the phone.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I'm telling this one more time, mr. internet karate bravado, and I hope you posses the intelligence to understand this.

No it's not.
The majority of these people wouldn't even be able to spell uprising.

Did the word uprising come before or after an actual uprising? What you're saying now (in actuality) is; our public school systems have failed. (another reason for an uprising)

It's wanton destruction for nothing more than a bit of 'fun' and personal gain.

The '79 revolution/coupe that the UK government helped organize in Iran...it had some of the dumbest people destroying things...because it was "fun" and they had "nothing else to do". Now this is karma, if ever.

So you can sit there yeh, ignore history and act as the big boy all you want. While in reality, you have absolutely no clue on what will happen even tonight.

It's a sad time for ATS to have so many pro-authority figures posting. It really is.

edit:

That's the point, they aren't very smart at all and have no concept of revolution or uprising.

It only takes one leader to lead many. No worries man, the riots just started.

edit on 10-8-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Do some of you honestly think of this these shows of violence and outright destruction is a revolution.

These people that have been gallivanting around the streets though London destroying shops and looting what they can from others who have worked to earn it, because of their own misfortune is going to help anyone in the long run. As others have said a revolution is mainly defined by the entire population overthrowing a government for a cause, can anyone on here give a cause for these mobs to destroy other peoples lively-hoods instead of possibly earning it themselves.

I would like to quote this (I know others have said it as well though).

Originally posted by yellowbeard

This is nothing but an excuse for a crimewave, these criminals are using "protest" as an excuse for enriching themselves at others expense, if you want to protest and be taken seriously, riot at police stations, at parliament, at the local council offices and at the M.P's offices maybe at banks too but PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT OUT ON YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS we're all in the same boat.

If this was a revolution these so called 'demonstrations' would not comprise of simply looting others of their possessions, and the 'demonstrators' would go to their M.P's offices, not some persons shop.

Therefore I fail to see how this is a revolution, (please do not use the excuse that the system has failed these people, that does not give them the right to do what they are doing).

It's a sad time for ATS to have so many pro-authority figures posting. It really is.

this really isn't so much about 'pro-authority' as it is what these people are doing.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Dominikas because: reply to above post

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
news.yahoo.com...

LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister David Cameron was to hold crisis talks on Tuesday after three nights of riots, looting and arson by masked, hooded youths that wrecked shopping streets in many parts of London and spread to other cities.

Neighborhoods across the capital faced a massive clean-up of smashed glass, bricks, bottles and gutted buildings as police reinforcements reclaimed the streets from the youths.

Politicians and police blamed the riots -- the worst in Britain for decades -- on criminals and opportunistic hooligans.

But residents in affected areas and some commentators attributed the unrest to local tensions and anger over economic hardship in a city where the gap between the haves and have-nots is growing.

"We ain't got no jobs, no money. We heard that other people were getting things for free, so why not us?" asked E.Nan, a young man in a baseball cap in Hackney, a multi-ethnic area in east London and one of the worst hit areas.

The riots broke out amid deepening gloom in Britain, with the economy struggling to grow while the government is imposing deep public spending cuts and tax rises brought in to help eliminate a budget deficit that peaked at more than 10 percent of GDP.

They will also show an ugly side of London to the rest of the world less than a year before it hosts the 2012 Olympic Games, an event which organizers hope will showcase a dynamic, prosperous and cosmopolitan city.

"This is not about race, faith and class pure and simple," said Professor Mike Hardy, Executive Director of the Institute of Community Cohesion.

"One of the most powerful drivers is about the haves and have-nots. It's about those who are excluded."

Overnight, as the violence died down, cars piled high with goods drove at high speed through London streets. Witnesses were told of numerous cases of car theft by groups of looters.

BROKEN GLASS

In the poor eastern district of Woolwich, broken glass littered streets that were strewn with stolen goods, tailors' dummies and other debris.

Police said they had arrested 334 people in London and about 100 in Birmingham in the English Midlands. Violence also broke out in Bristol in the southwest and the northwest port of Liverpool.

At one point, the London fire brigade said it was running out of vehicles to tackle fires started by the rioters and police said they had called in 1,700 reinforcements to help London police cope with fast-moving groups of looters.

Cameron broke off his holiday in Italy on Monday to fly home. He was due to chair a meeting of Cobra, the government's crisis committee, to work out a strategy to prevent more violence and consider why the riots broke out and spread so fast, taking the authorities by surprise.

Some commentators have blamed the rioting partly on cuts in social services being imposed as a result of the government's tough austerity policies to reduce a large budget deficit. Economic growth is sluggish.

Many looters were from areas of high unemployment and said they felt alienated from society.

Hooded youths in Hackney pushed burning rubbish bins down a street toward police on Monday, laughing as they ran back when police charged them. Others smashed their way into a shop and ran off clutching bottles of whisky and beer.

Reuters witnesses saw similar scenes in Woolwich, Clapham in the south and Ealing in the west. In Ealing, one resident told Reuters about 150 hooded youths had walked down his road smashing car windows in a display of "mindless vandalism."

"It's very sad to see...But kids have got no work, no future and the cuts have made it worse. These kids are from another generation to us and they just don't care," said Hackney electrician Anthony Burns, 39.

"You watch. It's only just begun."

So its true? Sounds similar to Egypt or other countries where the elite and dictators are haves and the rioters are the have nots and people call them thugs and terrorists.

This isn't a revolution, it's just criminals robbing, attacking people and burning stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

How is posting other peoples opinions working for you?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I'm telling this one more time, mr. internet karate bravado, and I hope you posses the intelligence to understand this.

Quelle surprise!

It seems that reasoned and respectful debate and discussion is beyond you.

You seem incapable of posting without resorting to unprovoked personal insults.

It simply negates the validity of anything you post, as if your continued delusion that Khomeini was a Pakistani and an English spy wasn't enough to render you without any credebility whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

It simply negates the validity of anything you post, as if your continued delusion that Khomeini was a Pakistani and an English spy wasn't enough to render you without any credebility whatsoever.

I never claimed he was a British spy.

I said he was not Iranian. And he is not, regardless of how much history you wish to revision. I do not buy into that bull# and neither will fellow Iranians because a former barkeeper says so.

So go on, you can't react substantially so you focus on one part. Guess why that one part is there? To see if you can make a post with substance instead of focusing on that part. It shows your ignorance.

But continue with the internet bravado, talking about stuff as integrity and validity while you're here representing the very authority people who search for sites like these want to undermine.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

the school systems failed in the 80's , and are still failing .
This may very well be karma for Britain medling in other countries affairs , however it is very far from a revolution for the moment.
Once the inept government fails to handle the situation as expected , the people who had that last ounce of faith in the government will snap . Then and only then it will become political , when those people see that the government has failed to do anything to quell the ongoing violence they will join in and make it a political revoultion of the backs of the degenerate youth , the lost generation (coining that by the way if anyone hasnt already!
) .

However I do hope that it doesnt come to that , I really hope that the people of Britain see sense and dont just hand all of our rights away to the government for fear of being attacked in our homes .

Edit to add: if the SHTF in England I can very well see Scotland rebuilding the Hadrain and Antonine walls ! hahaha

edit on 10-8-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

You need to be pulled up for this statement and learn your counsel. While my intrusion of your post might seem unreasonable, I am entitled to object to it.

Who are you to draw the line on what is considered ''pro-authority''? I will support my own community should it be exposed to this deplorable behaviour, I will staunchly oppose the bile that is coming from the apologists for these scumbags and yobs, and, you can be damn sure I will support the authorities during their efforts against this.

Think before you 'speak' in future.

edit on 10-8-2011 by BAZ752 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

are you two still arguing about Khomeni being Iranian or Pakistani , jeez that was like 4 threads ago ! .

Either pm each other or just agree to disagree.

Zamini , when was freeborn backing the authorities ? I dont think I can recall him being pro government , he just seems to like have british values , and not in the sense of the empire , but the moral and lawful values which most british people should have.

Unless I've missed something.

Anyways ....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
This is not a revolution, please stop calling it one. It is criminality on a massive scale. Criminal opportunism taking advantage of the situation. A real break down in moral's an values. This is not the rise of the masses, but an out pouring of criminality.

Actually it is just the reflection in the window of the criminality of the rich, taking advantage of the poor, of the break down in morals of those in power. The inability of society to ensure that everyone participates in its riches is the sole cause of this problem.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Revolution, no, a road to civil war, possibly, which would be leading to revolution, absolutely, but this itself is not revolution.

As I have said, when the working people who keep this island above water rise up, then you will have your revolution. These people who rioted were nothing more than bone idle excuses for Human beings living in a very comfortable country. I've lived like them, I've grown up like them and when I was growing up we had even less than they have and yet community was strong, whites, blacks, Indians we stood together and we didn't notice colour or religion but one thing was sure, we all belonged. What this government has done over the past few decades is allow pockets of communities to form, they have allowed people to have claiming benefits as an occupation, they have taken more away from the police and from the victim and allowed crime to pay, big time! Believe me, Crime DOES pay here in London!

Anyone who feels sorry for these people think again. I feel sorry for the people who hid in fear as their community got burnt and wrecked. I feel sorry for the people in those communities who work hard and teach their kids right from wrong and strong morals, only to be engulfed by this madness, the average people who lost everything, average people who got robbed and beaten and even lost their lives and I feel sorry for the hard working tax payer who gets a fraction of state help yet always has to pick up the tab.

Is this revolution? Absolutely not, but when the workers refuse to pick up the tab any more, that will be the day of revolution!
edit on 10-8-2011 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BAZ752

While my intrusion of your post might seem unreasonable

It's not. And you are fully entitled to do so. I'd argue that it is a bit shortsighted.

Who are you to draw the line on what is considered ''pro-authority''? I will support my own community should it be exposed to this deplorable behaviour, I will staunchly oppose the bile that is coming from the apologists for these scumbags and yobs, and, you can be damn sure I will support the authorities during their efforts against this.

Well, you live in an ideal world. Where the rich can do whatever they want and be supported by government and banks while the poor have to struggle to make ends meat. Apologists? A young man was shot dead by police. Who is doing the apologizing?

I'm just slightly entertained, that's all. It was after all the UK who helped influence the non-discerning rural folk of Iran to revolt and overthrow the Shah and implement an oppressive and barbaric Islamic regime. I wonder how people from India feel seeing these pictures unfold in the UK.

And behold, after so many years of not a single consequence or kind gesture, the UK will start burning. Because of its leaders idiotic decisions to put some people ahead of most people.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyop911
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

"yes, peasant. kiss the ring on my hand. yes, peasant, call for more police state. yes.
you are so easy peasant. muahahahahaha. kneel, peasant. ask me to send the military
onto the streets. yes, you peasants are so stupid. muahahahaha"

evil nwo overlord while eating breakfast and talking to his minions @ bbc over the phone.

Time for your pill soon

Second

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Well with mass demonstrations happening in October, Over pension cut etc. We will see if they try and introduce tougher laws. I can see the Police being a lot tougher now. And as someone mentyioned on news night last night, If a mother is seen clouting her son around the ear for doing something wrong. She would be the one who is charged or arrested. This needs to change. N0 more Nanny state for the teenagers.

And if anyone shouts Human rights after whats gone on in the UK then blah to them.

Was good to hear some parents dragged their teenage sons of the streets to stop them from getting involved in the rioting.

But this is no revolution. They are not attacking institutional buildings. They are attacking ordinary peoples business.
edit on 10-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I was just wondering if anyone who follows Anonymous has heard their stance on this?

Have any of the collective posted opinions?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join