It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in the making in the UK???

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Considering the reasons that were given for the rioters, I would say this is a revolution. If criminality were the motivation of these individuals I would agree that this was not a revolution, but considering that this is a direct response to government actions and the economic situation, I cannot agree with that.

First of all, this is not a direct response to the economic situation or to any Government policy. There are NO reasons to this rioting other than theft and "having a laugh". The family of Mr. Duggan (who some on the forum seem to think were the reason for the riots) are absolutely distraught by events. The riots are pure criminal malice with no, none, zip, nada *snip* all to do with economics, policy, police, Govenment, schools or jobs. For those people who are not UK residents and keep on bleating about "revolution" and how "often revolution and crime go hand in hand", this is NOT the case. It is embarrassing and is a minority of youths and organised criminal elements whom insist on trashing local communities for the chance to get a new pair of trainers or a LCD TV.

PLEASE stop giving these people credit for being revolutionaries, they are idiots, pure and simple.

CC

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
This is not a revolution, please stop calling it one. It is criminality on a massive scale. Criminal opportunism taking advantage of the situation. A real break down in moral's an values. This is not the rise of the masses, but an out pouring of criminality.

I think its more to do with pent up anger. The UK has become very Orwellian and this is just an opportunity for the masses to express themselves.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

No, it is not. I'm sorry, but I have lived through the miners strikes of the 80's and the Bradford Riots of last decade. This is not a protest or release of anger. It is theft, arson and burglary.

Nothing else.

Other than an embarrassment to every Englishman in the country with sense. Please people, stop trying to make it something meaningful. The only possible meaning, other than criminality, is that this is a sign of the times and of the future. Not a good sign.

CC
edit on 10-8-2011 by CrazyCloud because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LondonerBLV

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by LondonerBLV
Hardly a revoloution if the only people supporting it are the people who depend on the state the most.

...You're aware that it's the wealthy who depend on the government the most, right?

Right now the police are standing by and letting these people smash up a poorer part of town. The moment the horde moves towards somewhere with money, watch some skulls get cracked.

Then tell me who gets the most out of the state.

The welfare state. For example, out of work benefits, child benefits, houising benefit. These scumbags rake in thousands per month pay tax on their benefits and then assume that because their poor 'innit they can take what they want. I say # them.

Get your head out the sand. The rich are rich because they made something of themselves, they tried in school. SIMPLE!

(I classify myself as poor but I don't think I have a right to go out thieving. Also, I don't blame it all on the rich white mans evils. Which is exactly what these pieces of crap are doing. Notice what colour faces are present at these riots?)

Grow up. The rich are wealthy because they have every priviledge handed to them upon a silver plate from birth! Also, the unemployed do not rake in "thousands" every month, probably not even £300. Certainly not enough to sustain any form of existence for more than a few days.

I would suggest that you drop your grubby tabloid news paper along with your inherent victim mentality and go and learn a few things about life my young friend.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Indeed!!

People are seriously over-thinking this entire issue. It has nothing to do with revolution or political motivation and certainly not due to ill feelings harboured over social injustice. It is nothing more than the herd mentality and mindless violence.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This may not be a revolution to most people,call it what you want really,it doesnt matter because its happening.

But i think theres something that alot of you posting of this thread have seem to forgot or acknowledge.

That,these people are human beings like you and me and the only difference is social status.

Also,this being ATS.Alot of you would believe in revolutions and rebeling against society and authority.

But from most posts on this thread ive seen,you seem like you expect anything like a revolution or whatever you want to call it,to happen without breaking laws? give me a break.

Are you swallowing the garbage your fed that makes you believe that we as western countries are too civillized to allow or do things like this? do you think any change is going to happen from waving a sign with your message on it infront of the government or authority these days?
Do you think supporting your government and authority on things like this are going to make you safer or prevent it from happening?

Instead,if people really want a revolution and think this isnt one,why dont you go start one? or even better,use the already created momentum of this to start a revolution?
Why dont you go in the streets and round up these "scumbags" or "chavs" and tell them who the real enemy is and the benefits gained from destroying them?

If you still want to stop it,why dont you go in the streets and stop it? they arent armed to their teeth like your military is,are they? why dont all the people who are against this join up like these people have and go stop them?

Are you scared of them are you? surely seems that way.

What? are you scared of your own youth? you all seem to believe they are all uneducated "scumbags" and "chavs",surely you can out smart them and bring them down,cant you?

Or are you all going to sit in your lounge rooms and watch it unfold on your idiot box and keep hoping the authority shoots down your own people? will that make you safer? will it? really?
Are you all going to hide in your houses and suck on your thumbs like babies and let your beloved authority take care of it? thats what you pay them to do right? kill your own people?

You pay your government to train these people as killers and murderers,your police and military.
Are you going to let them distract you with reports of these small time riots away from all the corruption that spills out of the government?
Are you going to distract yourself from reality from believing these riots are out of control when your military is over in foreign countries killing people? which is more out of control?
Is it only when its in your own backyard,is when you actually care about whats going on? as long as its not in my hometown,its alright?

Your all sad excuses for people.Go on,keep on being good little workers and tax payers and believe everything your told,it isnt going to get you anywhere.
Go on,keep on believeing your own youth are the enemy when your own people are killing others overseas and your government is selling your futures,forcing multiculturalism,trapping you in debt,increasing the cost of living,destroying your economy and manufacturing capabilitys,indoctrinating your youth and populations education.

The list goes on,and on,and on,and on,and on,and on.
And its global.

Yet you think this is a massive problem?
People in third world countrys havnt even got food or water,let alone a bed to sleep on.
Your riot problems must be such a problem for you all...

I feel sorry for the ones who have been affected,but this is perfect opportunity to band together and take the trash out.Alot of you say this isnt a revolution and theres no reason for this.

You know what i say,lets make this a revolution,we have the reasons needed for one,so lets use them.
Or are we going to wait even longer?
Are we going to wait until we are being shot at and killed by our own people,government and authority?
Is that what its going to take for enough people to stand up and say "enoughs enough",blood in the streets?

Are we going to wait until the authority has even more personnel and man power?
Are we going to wait until there isnt enough food and water to go around?
Are we going to wait until we are literally the minority because of the forced multiculturalism?
Are we going to wait until we have no more rights left because we let them destroy them all?
Are we going to wait until we have no other reason to live,but to fight for our existance?

Are we?
Is this what you want children of the next generations to live in?
It will be if we dont do anything about it.

edit on 10-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
no revolution at all the queen will have them killed and eaten

that's from '95 but that's London

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thank you for a good read. You make some good points, but there are issues here. You seem to have a knack for understating the task at hand re turning the youth around to face those in power and joining in (basically what you were saying). I'm afraid that if we went to these people and said "Hey, you got it wrong, its the system that we should be fighting!" they would say " *snip* off you *snip*, I'm trying to get me a new slimline PS3."
As for:

Or are you all going to sit in your lounge rooms and watch it unfold on your idiot box and keep hoping the authority shoots down your own people? will that make you safer? will it? really? Are you all going to hide in your houses and suck on your thumbs like babys and let your beloved authority take care of it? thats what you pay them to do right? kill your own people?

We are not sat in our lounges, watching it unfold. I have been in Manchester today, sweeping up and helping put things straight, along with the responsible and caring Brits. www.bbc.co.uk...
This has been happening all over the country. Along side this we have banded together to stop the rioting peacefully, by taking to the streets and blocking access to main streets.Your above comment was poorly made, and in bad taste considering the fact that three guys were killed by a rioter in a stolen car today, just for trying to stop further damage to their community.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I find that you must also be a touch hypocritical? Are you practicing what you preach? This seems important to you, why don't you come over and show us? Or why not do it in your own country? In fact, I think it must be very easy to sit at your PC and spout such drivel when the riots aren't on YOUR doorstep.

Show us how to do it Castro.

CC

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Look, you know i would normally agree wit you on nearly every subject, However, This is not a revolution. Working peoples lives are being destroyed, poor people are destroying their own communities. 10's of millions of pounds of damage being created. I'm not denying the socio-economic conditions in some of these areas, but it does not give one the right to destroy homes and business's and rob shops.

The cuts haven't even kicked in yet, this was criminal opportunism, from criminal elements that exist in London. There has been looting in more affluent boroughs, so this is not just about poor people taking their revenge.

Since when did a revolution not result in the destruction of working people's lives? A revolution involves the destruction of all working people's lives and the creation of new ones that are more fair (or perceived as such). Time for the revolution, and pointing out the worst of the worst is exactly what the system is doing to make sure that it has plenty of opportunity to stop the coming outrage, control it, and roll out a peranent police state and martial law right underneath your noses. There are rumours that rioters were paid off and I would believe it, by the state, to ensure that you all play right into their hand. They know that you are all pissed, so they are hard at work to make sure your wrath gets diverted and avoided till they are ready for it.

The media needed a blackout initially so as to cherry pick all the bad things and make the movement look like an outright riot. Furthermore, these people have no respect towards other people's wealth and materialism for a reason, because these things are what they are put into bondage to the system for. Of course they are greedy, maybe selling that tv will put food in your belly tomorrow. I don't think you couch potatoe, non-revolutionary types are worth the bother you won't get up off your ass to do something for yourself and your children, and you'll sit there and play sucker to a manipulative state who's only motivation is to keep you working, and sitting on that couch, asleep. Be a good pion and condemn anything that ever stands a chance of waking you up. In fact, since when is a revolution ever LEGAL?

If this be for the right reasons or the wrong reasons your window of opportunity is here why not join in, and contribute your REASONS for being disatisfied with the state. Flood them with sensible people who are equally as pissed off. This is already off the ground and widespread and still spreading, you may as well go with it before you find yourself trapped in the police state that was TOTALLY SET UP! God they are even standing down and just watching these acts of criminality. This is being done on purpose for a reason. Excellent photo op, to get some nice inflaming photographs and footage for the media. When the revolution comes they will be villifying that and it's success will be entirely up to the people to choose to take action and ignore the media's OBVIOUS brainwashing.
edit on 10-8-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
"Anarchy is not intended to be sustainable. It is not a system of government, a codified list of rules and beliefs, or a mind set geared toward cultural constructivism. It is a spark, a flash, a small flame that ignites a paradigm-obliterating explosion. It is destructive by nature. It lies dormant and, like diesel fuel, can only be ignited by tremendous pressure. It deconstructs. It strips flesh from bone and grinds bone to dust. It is doomed to consumption in the conflagration instigated by its own primal spark. It is a catalyst. It is tinder. It is powder and fuse."

Rich Oliver
Look to England.
Is this not the beginning that we have been calling for? Why question the catalyst? Why question the agenda? The basic reasons for any revolution stem from stifling, oppressive structure imposed on an increasingly pressured population. It often rises in the “bare branches” of society, the unemployed, single males between 16 and 25. It rises in the oppressed class. It rises in the face of inequality and synchronous with internal realization and the sudden epiphany that all is not what it has been presented to be. Equality is a lie. The “American Dream” is a fabrication. It’s a level of externally opposed control.
Anarchy is awareness. Anarchy is the realization that one’s status is imposed externally without regard for the individuals input or opinion. Anarchy is the scream emerging in protest, a fist thrust into the air, a mind reaching the formative, unfocused eruption that will lead to change. Any change. ALL CHANGE. When our self awareness springs from an internal locus of control, we can no longer tolerate being controlled externally, especially by those that do not have our best interests in mind.
There will be casualties. Blood fertilizes change. It cannot be helped.
This is what we pray for. This is what we talk about till we are blue in the face, yet we don’t even recognize the makings of a revolution when it fondles us face to face in public. Stand up. Turn off your computers and TV sets. Live what you speak. Walk the walk. Make the sacrifice. Nut up or shut up. Period.
Less than 4% of the American colonists actively participated in the events that led up to the Revolutionary War. Most were pissed off bare branches. Maybe we are forgetting that. Maybe we are shaking in our boots afraid to lose the piles of material crap we have painstakingly collected over the years. Maybe we are part of the problem.
It is here. This is it. Don’t get lost in the focus. It will sharpen up. It will gain a sense of itself. It will mature toward social change.
This is the catalyst.
Let’s burn this f@#$er down.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by happinness
I have siad this before, and it needs to be said again. What have these kids got? Where do they come from? Who are their Parents? Well their Parents, are stuggling finanially. Some may go to work, some may not, some are just living above or just below the breadline. Some are from broken homes. No one makes these kids bad! All the time on the tv and magerzines, music and peer pressure, the underlying theme is money...how to make i, how to spend it and how you are meant to present yourself if you've got it! Bling, bling , bling!!!

I agree.

We are seeing only the visible part of a more deep problem.

Yes, what they are doing is useless and may even affect negatively their own future, but how did the UK society turned into this? What are the reasons behind the creation of this "Frakenstein monster", made up from young people that (apparently) cannot show the slightest trace of what we used to call "humanity"?

Why is it more fun to make a video of someone dying on a side walk and posting it to YouTube than helping that person?

And this is not limited to the UK, that is something that also happens in Portugal, for example, although not as extreme.

It's almost as if today's teenagers cannot find any other way of feeling that they are part of something unless they are part of the same robot-like group, in which all act in the same way, without thinking about the consequences.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

We are not sat in our lounges, watching it unfold. I have been in Manchester today, sweeping up and helping put things straight, along with the responsible and caring Brits. www.bbc.co.uk... This has been happening all over the country. Along side this we have banded together to stop the rioting peacefully, by taking to the streets and blocking access to main streets.Your above comment was poorly made, and in bad taste considering the fact that three guys were killed by a rioter in a stolen car today, just for trying to stop further damage to their community.

Like someone on this thread has said,the glass isnt going anywhere? is it?
That just tells me that your cleaning up after them like you would with a child that makes a mess.
Dont you agree?
I did say i felt sorry for the ones affected,whether thats death or not.Im not god,i cant turn back time or bring people back to life,can i?
No,i cant.
If my comment is poorly made,how would you have got your message across?
Correct me,seeming you obviously know how to word statements better..

I find that you must also be a touch hypocritical? Are you practicing what you preach? This seems important to you, why don't you come over and show us? Or why not do it in your own country? In fact, I think it must be very easy to sit at your PC and spout such drivel when the riots aren't on YOUR doorstep. Show us how to do it Castro.

I try to practice what i preach,but im not perfect.I dont know,have i been hypocritical in my post? point it out if so,because ive re-read it and i didnt see any hypocritical statements.Correct me if im wrong though.

When theres riots where i am,i will,trust me.I wont be cowering like most people,this is my generation,i am one of them.
It is easy to sit at a PC and make comments on websites,your doing the same thing arent you?
Or are you special or exempt or something? im only saying what i feel and see,thats all,its my opinion.
If you have a problem with it,your on the wrong website.

Ok,ill just jump on the next plane with the monopoly money i dont have to where the riots are and wave my magic wand,becauce im jesus...

Get real.

My post is real.

Accept it,or deny it,your choice.
edit on 10-8-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PapaKrok

Someone needs to wake these brits up. You are divided and blowing it and this division is a set up fabrication so they can deal with you all troublesome surfs one pissed off group at a time.
Why have a complete explosion when you can vent a little steam in controlled bursts using a pressure release valve?

Some people, just too frigging dumb to see what is right in front of their faces.....some people in the riot are not good people, but some are. The people who are out to take advantage of you and make you pay just for existing are up to this, put 2 and 2 together already and tell other people how it goes down. Pretend the uk is egypt or libya and consider what the state would do to keep you in line and manipulate you.

You all got played you are now weaker, and they have martial law, curfews, a totally blatant police state rolling out. SUCKERS! DEFEND YOUR FREEDOM NOW OR LOSE IT.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Believe me when I say, these riots are about nothing more than the people on the street knowing that the police can't do anything, so they all just start doing it. It's all about the looting, nothing else. I was there in Woolwich, South East London on Monday night and the atmosphere was insatiable. I couldn't believe it. The first thing I saw that made me realise what was going on (Because nothing was being reported about Woolwich on LBC radio) was a burning police car behind the pub. As I walked towards Powis street, I saw hundreds of people running around with big bags of goods and people running out of shops with Laptops, TVs, Game Consoles, Cash registers, Big bags of clothes, all sorts of #, stuff that they didn't even want or need. Every bank along the road has been smashed up, all the betting shops, jewellers, even Blue Inc was burnt to the ground.

Even people that probably have never committed a crime in their life were out looting with their faces covered - sometimes without even bothering to do that!

I didn't participate myself, but with all the goods flying around believe me I was tempted. For the hour and a half I was there, I saw 6 police officers (the riot police) and that was it. They probably thought they managed to clear the area, but the truth is is that the looters cleared out the high street.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by something wicked

Think it was more of an aside and a comment on how those on the outside of events can sometimes view them from a completely different viewpoint and aspect that those directly involved do.

Hope that makes sense and helps clarify things....probabl not though.

Hi, don't know about helps, but I do understand, cheers,

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

It's how revolution is born. It's messy and bloody. It's load and frenetic, without real focus. Just a vague idea writhing around under skin, through guts and viscera. Unrest without real justification...that's how it starts. It's happening all over the world, even here in the US, in the Great lakes region with flash mobs. Be ready.

As above so below. The inability to afford overpriced shoes in only an archetype for societal macro inequality. They are living well. We are not.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant

This is not a revolution, please stop calling it one. It is criminality on a massive scale. Criminal opportunism taking advantage of the situation. A real break down in moral's an values. This is not the rise of the masses, but an out pouring of criminality.

I think its more to do with pent up anger. The UK has become very Orwellian and this is just an opportunity for the masses to express themselves.

It's not the masses, it's groups who do not work, do not want work, do not want to respect the society that pays for them to exist having their idea of fun. Their is no deeper motive, do not look for one. The UK has not become very Orwellian, please do not add any level (implied or otherwise) of justification to criminal scum being opportunistic.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jyze420
no revolution at all the queen will have them killed and eaten

that's from '95 but that's London

May I ask, can you go away and stop being such a twat? Is your post really of any use whatsoever? Sheesh

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

No kidding, people are fools in believing this is something other then stealing some stuff I want.

That is it - they are sitting on their butts collecting a check from the government - I read that many people there havn't worked a day in their life and they are 30 years old......that just pisses me off, I started working when I was 15 years old, I worked hard for what I have and to see some PUNKS stealing from people who equally work hard - I really hope they send in the military and show them there are consequences for your actions.

Also, don't really want to hear there is no work, and blah blah blah - I didn't come from a rich family, I lived on the "other side of the tracks" but that didn't stop me. I didn't go to parties all the time, I hit the books, I worked several jobs to get through school - it seems to me that some people will make up any excuse as to why they can't do it. Take a look in the mirror, the reason why you failed is yourself.

The only good thing I see about these financial crisis the world is facing today is that some of you worthless, lazy scumbags might have to worry about yourself for a change - cause there isn't enough money to babysit your asses any longer. But as I see it, when the social programs start getting cut over here (and it will happen) those same lazy people will start to do the same thing over here.....just be warned, some of us are armed and have no problem with taking care of things themselves.
edit on 10-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I can predict that all these "patriots" and other loyal defenders of Law and Order will fall in the trap of their own stupidity... they'll be the ones taking most of the blows from the upcoming police crackdown, while the anarchist rioters will be elsewhere.

And who the hell these whitetrash morons think they are to pretend defending entire neighborhoods? Do they think they are that much liked by their neighbors?

Should they defend themselves or their house, I couldn't care less. But where their authority on a town, neighborhood or city comes from??? From their football team I can only presume...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join