It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in the making in the UK???

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I left school in '82 without a single qualification.

I live(d) in North East England and this was just as the full effects of Thatcher and her policies was just kicking in and I assure you, you think today's bad - you haven't seen anything like Northern and North East England of that time.
Literally no-one had anything.

What did I do to survive?
Almost anythiing and everything.
But I never robbed off my own, ever!

I never stole from another working man or cheated them out of anything.
And very few of the lots of people who were in the same boat as me did either.
And if anyone did they were treat very brutally indeed.

I got older and the wheel turned and I've had great times and some crap one's.
I've made lot's of money, and spent it and been potless again.
And guess what, being skint has always been a piss poor excuse for crapping on your own doorstep.

If you are going to riot at least make it mean something and direct it towards those who have caused this horribly crap mess we are all in.

Hope I haven't come across as the 'I know better' auld bugger that always irritated me, and still do, but being poor and feeling alienated and isolated is nothing new and no excuse for what we are witnessing at the moment.,

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Well im just not happy with my situation - and its very hard to get my self out of this. next to impossible.

Dont know where to turn or what to do. i cant live on £140 a week, thats not even my rent/council tax/water..the fuk woudl i eat? lol

I dont rob no man, and stop people who attempt. but there is other ways to make money..but again these small less criminal ways of making money now come with big penalties..so im even been pushed out of that with the fear of loosing my daughter.

us you just need a voice right now, somebody who will make it ok. we need work

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
One of the definitions of a revolution is as follows:

activity or movement designed to effect fundamental changes in the socioeconomic situation.

Considering the reasons that were given for the rioters, I would say this is a revolution. If criminality were the motivation of these individuals I would agree that this was not a revolution, but considering that this is a direct response to government actions and the economic situation, I cannot agree with that.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Is the rioting and violence still going on over there?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Not putting you down and I sympathise with the situation you are in.

It's crap...simple and easy as that.

But the real culprits, those who are responsible for the situation we are all in are getting away with it because these mindless idiots are looting just for the sake of it with no direction or objective.
MSM have sensationalised it and now Mr Average and Mr Wanker Middle-Class are petrified of all these feral youths and will introduce legislation to 'prevent it happening again' thus further reducing the chance of any future popular protests against TPTB.

I genuinely hope you get a break mate because it seems like you deserve one, nothing's easy for the like's of us in this life - just enjoy the ride when you can and things will take a turn for the better one day.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Dont give up - you obviously love your daughter and wont cross the line for fear of losing her. Its awful living on your income - and I`d bet if you could find work you would. There are a lot of us living like you - living from one week to the next.
Do what you can to earn a bit extra .. but always keep your daughter in mind.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
First to op, this is not a revolution by any means, the majority of the country is against all the actions going on. in fact most communities now are taking to the streets in there 100's to defend themsleves from yobs.

Yes the violence is going on, its all opertunisting young vandels. the main cause in my eyes were the student protests last year when at least 4 officers were dismissed from their service for being (heavy handed). one of which was an officer who punched a women in the face after she sprayed an unknown liquid into his face(which in my eyes he was perfectly right to defend himself). Anyway in my view this whole outbreak of violence is down to youngesters knowing the police are to scared to restrain/detain them incase they get fired..

Maybe the revolution will come in the sense the nation wakes up and says "yup maybe the police should not be treated so harshly when they use force"

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
A revolution? Man are you retarded? The difference between Egypt and England is Egypt was in ACTUAL TROUBLE. England is just a bounch of pissed off, no good, lazy people. They are too lazy to make a change in their life so they are rioting. Man if I was in England I'd give those rioters a piece of my mind with my pellet gun. Can't wait till Britain rolls in with the rubber bullets, those #s will be stopped.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

You are looking forward to more violence ? More people injured or killed?

Please re-think , will that solve this mess?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

The post by the OP even says as much, if he'd actually bothered to read it before copy/pasting it here.
We heard that other people were getting things for free, so why not us?" asked E.Nan, a young man in a baseball cap

The young man in the baseball cap lies. he's been getting his living free his whole life in a welfare state that neglected to train its people adequately to take a job, not that the kid would have paid attention enough to get any sort of qualifiaction anyway. baseball cap has no skills. No one wants to hire him. So who does he attack? The shopkeeper on the corner, likely Asian who speaks no English, but is proof anyone can make it of they work for a living instead of demand the state hold their hand while they go potty.

These rioters have no vision and, perhaps more importantly, no weapons. They are just giving the authorities more excuses to clamp down even harder.
edit on 8/10/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
This is not a revolution, please stop calling it one. It is criminality on a massive scale. Criminal opportunism taking advantage of the situation. A real break down in moral's an values. This is not the rise of the masses, but an out pouring of criminality.

A revolution is a cancer in a corrupt society that is making itself known, eventually overcoming it's host.

It is not a civilised redistribution by an intelligent, fair-minded collective.

This is why all revolutions eventually manifest as one dictatorship replacing another.

Those who are inclined away from criminality are not inclined to revolt, so of course it is criminal.

Criminality and revolution are not mutually exclusive. They are highly subjective and often go hand in hand.

Criminality is judged by the establishment and revolutionaries are by definition outside of the establishment.

I'm not defending the ruthless greed and pathology of these rioters as individuals. But as a phenomena only history, and the next establishment will decide if they are indeed revolutionaries....

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This is not a revolution, it's an incredibly sad situation.
Not only do we have a large number of selfish individuals who feel that it's OK to destroy the lives and property of good people (how they ended up with this mindset is another matter) but the impact that their actions may have in the future has to be considered.
One day, people are going to have to stand up against the measures which are slowly but surely being used to keep honest hard working people from doing little else but survive. When that time comes you may be able to do nothing.
These riots are handing TPTB the reasons they need to impliment more power to control. The people are crying out for it. People on ATS are actually calling out for tougher Police tactics, Military intervention.
Just wait until the Parliamentary debates are over and the new powers are passed, I have no doubts that you will get your wishes.
These riots were not the start of a revolution, but they may have killed of any chance of there ever being one.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
i say let thenm run their course then line em up and shoot them

Your perception of how to treat these offenses seems a little off.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by firstorlunch

The reverse side of this is that people are realising that they CAN work together to help themselves if the state is unwilling or unable to help them.
Groups of people who wouldn't normally associate with each other are coming together to protect their territory and this is a great opportunity to develop a spirit of friendship and become a community again

The British resolve is making a comeback

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
reply to post by firstorlunch

The reverse side of this is that people are realising that they CAN work together to help themselves if the state is unwilling or unable to help them.
Groups of people who wouldn't normally associate with each other are coming together to protect their territory and this is a great opportunity to develop a spirit of friendship and become a community again

The British resolve is making a comeback

I agree, and I'm heartened by the spirit of the people who have come together to help clear up the damage done. My concern is for the suppresion of peaceful protest.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Sounds more like what happened after the Rodney King incident in the early 1990s than anything going on in the Mideast and North Africa right now. (Sublime has a pretty good song explaining it too.) Not sure what my 2¢ is worth though.

Making a run and assault on various store fronts does not equal making run and assault on various gov't offices. So it doesn't look like much of a revolution in that regard.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A revolution is something that is supported by the majority of a population of a country,a popular uprising if you will.
The majority population of England,and indeed the whole of Britain,are viewing these riots with nothing more than a feeling of pure disgust!
If the police are catching kids younger than 16,then the parents of these scum should be prosecuted also,but sadly i suspect that most of these parents are sitting at home rubbing their grubby hands,wondering what goodies junior will be bringing home tonight!
Unbelievable!!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
This is not a revolution, please stop calling it one. It is criminality on a massive scale. Criminal opportunism taking advantage of the situation. A real break down in moral's an values. This is not the rise of the masses, but an out pouring of criminality.

that is certainly what the government and the media want you to believe.

we will only see in the next week or two if this is the case.

the numbers of people who have now nothing left to loose are swelling.

people who still have jobs and can purchase for their families cannot understand this and are referrring to it as criminality on a massive scale. so many people are now long term unemployed. they cannot do anything for their families. they have no hope.

since the crisis in 2008 colleges across the planet are also pouring out young people who have no futures , no career prospects. when these people get involved , thats when the real trouble will start.

this might be a flash in the pan but its an example of whats coming down the road. especially seeing the last week or two in the markets.

Smartest post I've seen on ATS so far.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Cannot wait until the police get the water cannons and hose these morons down the streets.

Oh God, cannot wait.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I would say what has taken place does NOT represent a revolution.

Whilst is was happening I did think that if there was a revolution then it was close to what a revolution might look like.... and that got me thinking.

Because I think there are a lot of 'normal' people in the UK who have probably thought to themselves that what is needed is a revolution, given the abuse they have recieved from the greedy bankers and the fraudulent politicians.

But now that they have been shown what a revolution would feel like they, the normal people will now have to choose between being raped by the elite or raped by the hooligans..... and probably being raped by the elite is less physically painful so everyone will fall into line and back the government.

Perhaps the whole thing was intentional for this reason. To scare the sh1t out of folk. Thank god for Dave Cameron. He comes back from holiday and saves us all from certain doom. Hail Dave.

I don't particularly want revolution even though I think the way the country is run sucks.

Did you see the BBC interview Hazel Blears about the rioting in Salford, Manchester ? For those that don't know she is an MP who stole £13,000 from the tax payer by cleverly 'flipping' home addresses to claim housing allowances. When found out she wrote a cheque for the amount as if to say "ooops, here's the money back, sorry". Then she comes on BBC and tells us these idiots need to understand there are consequences for their actions. It's unbelievable that the country is run by crooks, telling other crooks how to behave, and the people of Salford must be particularly stupid because they voted the woman back into government.

It is really difficult to see how things can improve with a situation like this. If the rioters/looters brought the stuff back and put it back in the shop where they got it from would that be ok to let them go then ?

The country is morally bankrupt. I have no idea how to fix it. The lunatics are running the asylum.

edit on 10-8-2011 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join