It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolution in the making in the UK???

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Strange how nearly every single Brit posting in any of the numerous related threads is calliing this what it is; a series of acts of wanton violence and looting primarily tagetted at local businesses with no political or social objective and bearing no relevance to the original incident which sparked them.

And equally as strange it's primarily non-Brits who are trying to say this is something that it isn't and insist that we know nothing about what is happening in our own country and that they know better.

Revolution my arse!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

This is not a revolution, "we got no jobs, no money" they're getting money from tax payers, they have opportunities to get a job and a better life, but instead they moan about it, then go and smash in a shop, where the jobs are.

Seriously, these rioters are nothing more than idiots, they don't know what they're fighting about, they're just raw stupidity.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

It's a good point and has actually made me question how we in the UK see other "revolutions". I'm no fan of Gaddafi, but when he was saying the protesters were all criminal druggies, we in the west laughed it off as his madness.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretFace

this is one of the best reply's to a thread on this subject I have seen

Im not even going to try to comment on what I think the reasons are because I don't actually know anymore (other than duggan getting shot)... I don't know if it's opportunistic criminals or a real protest - well actually I think it started as a demonstration which was taken over by pissed off opportunistic kids who have been bullied by the police and spoilt by their parents and the system and want it all for nothing... anyway what I do know is that this is not a revolution

The one really interesting thing that I have learned from this is...How easy it is to take over!... now if we really did want a revolution i think we have all just been shown how easy it is for a small group to take over and cause massive problems... very interesting!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Britian - Fearing the boogie man of the "Children of the Poor" for the last 400 years.

Too bad that most of these people aren't poor. Look to be a good size, well fed, well dressed. Not exactly in their one set of clothing they wash once a week, between eating their lard sandwiches these lads.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Determining whether something is a revolution is rather simple.

When the mob walks to the parliament building and demands the government to step down, it's called a revolution.

When the mob walks into the city and loots the cell-phone stores, it's not called a revolution.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Strange how nearly every single Brit posting in any of the numerous related threads is calliing this what it is; a series of acts of wanton violence and looting primarily tagetted at local businesses with no political or social objective and bearing no relevance to the original incident which sparked them.

And equally as strange it's primarily non-Brits who are trying to say this is something that it isn't and insist that we know nothing about what is happening in our own country and that they know better.

Revolution my arse!

I was thinking the same thing just before.

It's amazing the level of arrogance, misconceptions and outright fabrications that some non-Brit ATSers have come up with about these riots and our society.

As if these people actually have the first idea about the social intricacies and nuances of our country !

edit on 10-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I'm not convinced about events in Libya and think our wishy-washy approach to it is because we really don't want to get too involved.

Gadaffi had made great efforts over the last few years and has had a bit of a raw deal - still, chickens and roosting spring to mind.

The difference is Libya's criminals have AK-47's and SAM's whilst our's have the latest Nike trainers, (horrible things - no style at all) and Blackberry's.

ETA.
Well if they didn't before they will have now!
edit on 10/8/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

There is no fear, please stop with that, it doesn't add to anything.

Besides, it's not the poor. I know many many many poor familes that don't even want to take part in these mindless acts. I even know a lot of "those types of people" that are currently carrying out these mindless acts and even they disagree with it.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I'm not convinced about events in Libya and think our wishy-washy approach to it is because we really don't want to get too involved.

Gadaffi had made great efforts over the last few years and has had a bit of a raw deal - still, chickens and roosting spring to mind.

The difference is Libya's criminals have AK-47's and SAM's whilst our's have the latest Nike trainers, (horrible things - no style at all) and Blackberry's.

ETA.
Well if they didn't before they will have now!
edit on 10/8/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

I don't get any connection with what's happening in the UK to what's happening in Libya. Libya rebellion is about regime change and if any criminal elements are taking advantage of that, then that's one thing. UK is currently suffering from criminal rioting, looting and sadly now murder - not sure where people are making the connection.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Reminds me alot of the L.A. riots, or Katrina...those weren't revolutions either. There is no message, nothing like Egypt...they weren't looting there en masse. People were in general helping others who were hurt, not robbing them. They were making a statement, they made it clear what they wanted, they wanted a new government. These people are throwing a tantrum, there is no message or objective other than to destroy their own backyards.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

Think it was more of an aside and a comment on how those on the outside of events can sometimes view them from a completely different viewpoint and aspect that those directly involved do.

Hope that makes sense and helps clarify things....probabl not though.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
My school Matthew Murray was a school which was around 75/80% muslim. My school was violent - in school and after. Im mixed race - half english half St lucian. There was about 4 mixed race/black people in my school and the other 25/20% was white. Anyway my school was fkd ye, teacher always took one side - majority side, which was asian. i got expeled # loads of times because i chose not to take the abuse. How my school seen it was, why expel 10 pupils when we can expel..one...me. Anyway because of this i had a very # education and left with no qualifications. i got kicked out in 03.

Then as a young guy i did what we do, nothing - i did nothign and got trapped in that mindless racist # for years. because i was pushed into it. anyway i started to realise theres more to life than just standing around and i could acheive anythign i set my mind to, so went to college for two years while working agency work (£5.50hr) and i ended college with my NVQlvl2 horticulture. anyway i got dropped form the agency cos as we all know it always part time. I left college, first qualification iv ever had in my life - fkin buzzin!

No.

i got my qualification in 09 and i still havent got a job within that industry, in fact since i had the qualification iv had about 2letters back from companys saying sorry buddy but we'll keep you on our list (of another 9,000 in m,y situatiuon)

The longest job iv had is 6month, and that was knockign on peoples doors robbing them blind with my fake gas/electric reading sheet making them, pay more than what they were before -which clearly wasnt for me.
And all after that is agency work. im not shy of work, i enjoy earning my money. But i cant keep going from job to job for minimum wage..i cant survive like this its too hard.

what im gettign at here is that for us youth, that started high school in the late 90's, in not so good areas, have got it really bad. there is nothing in place for me to walk straight into work. i have to compete with thousands of people for such a # job. . . people who have experiance etc. there is nothing. Im pushed into a life of crime so i can support my daughter, i live scared of loosing her because i have to go out and do things so i can survive. Im not robbing people, nore takin from people who dont have anything. i shouldnt be in this situation, i live in the supposedly best country in fkin world and i cant even get a job......

I see why people riot, i really do. i see why they loot. im not saying i would join them but when you cant get anything the legal way. u cant stand about and do nothing.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Id also like to add that the police are makign it very hard to riot.

i made a facebook status saying:

"ima get me sum free # if its in leeds" 4 hours later police came to my girlfriends house askign for me, i wasnt there - i was watchign the Leeeds game.

and yes, my facebook is 100% private. they accessed facebook through the backdoors

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

That is true and after all the actual revolutions that happened or are happening in Egypt, Lybia and other places are all attempts to rid of a tyrant dictator, whilst as you said this is just criminality on a huge scale. They're only doing it in these small different areas because they can.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by quinneyr

That is true and after all the actual revolutions that happened or are happening in Egypt, Lybia and other places are all attempts to rid of a tyrant dictator, whilst as you said this is just criminality on a huge scale. They're only doing it in these small different areas because they can.

You forgot they are fighting a tyrannical dictator...so that they can install another one that is tyrannical, but shares their vision of theocracy.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It's just a case of ugly opportunism. It would be great if there was any depth to this but there isn't. It's been spectacularly fruitful for police and civilian relations. The cops will be looked at differently from now on. I was amazed at the softly softly policy, and proud even, they gave the looters the benefit of the doubt for a long time, water cannons have only last night been okayed to combat the riots. Did Cameron say this morning that there's over 1 million people that supported the police on facebook? Not a chance of that support without these riots.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
No. No revolution is taking place. This is almost on the same level as the LA riots. It's just mindless violence and looting.

It'll be over soon. Hopefully. Hope these rioters get what they deserve: Full Punishment.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverShield

Good read man. Could definitely go that way, but I agree that something good could come of it...if the world population is able to take the majority of the planet's wealth from the vast minority who hold it all. A collapse of the scam financial system doesn't mean the end of the sun rising, or food growing...maybe people will be forced to finally acknowledge the criminals that are running things, and right the wrong. Then we can work on healing all the divisions they've intentionally caused to keep us down and fighting each other, and maybe even evolve and cooperate on a global scale.
edit on 10-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join