It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London riots spreading to Birmingham, Leeds

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

The army shouldn't even be thought about, I agree moving the feds from one area to police another is kinda like using a sieve to carry water. All Big Dave wants to do is keep his rich buddies safe.. So London needs to be locked down.....
Twitter & BBM users will just organise moving elsewhere, where the shops have got stock left...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
If an Indian is born in England, they're English. That's the law, that's a fact.

Where on your passport does it say 'English'? It's not law, it's not fact. "British" is a political designation, "English" is an ethnic one. We've been over this - deny ignorance!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wo0kiEE
It's the same here, there have been a few documented cases of this recently where a guy protecting his house from 2 invaders stabbed one of them with the knife that they were using to threaten him with & he was arrested... Think he was let off but even so. I remember a few years back a burglar managed to injury himself falling from a window of a house he'd broken into & he sued the owners of the property....

PC & Human rights gone crazy

I know, we have had a couple of those cases also. So much so that I overheard one person telling how he had tried to rob ahouse and had fallen off the houseowners ladder and had sued him for €150.000,- and had won. I then turned around and said that he wouldn't have fallen off that ladder if he had not tried to rob that house! And his answer to that left me slackjawed.... he said "I wouldn't have tried to rob that house if the owner hadn't "flashed"his expensive stuff"

The houseowner had a new TV in plain sight of the window.
edit on 9-8-2011 by KhaliWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I am posting this in the london riots forums because i believe this girl needs to be heard, what an amazing positive and humbling view on the london riots.

pennyred.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Scaledown

What this girl writes is the truth, those communities are only ever heard in the news in a negative way and are always treated in a negative way. Is it so hard to believe that they think they will only be heard if they behave in a negaitve way? And the government is to blame for this, instead of cutting off incomes for the poor they should raise taxes on the rich!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This video about sums up the youth today and what these thugs stand for. Absolutely shocking!

Send in the TA and give them something to shoot at.

Wo0kiEE

lol He's probably trying to act trendy like David Beckham.
edit on 9-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by benjoepen

'hopeless people'... It is this view of the generation that is making this happen, the thing is though they are hopeless, hopeless of ever being able to get a steady job, hopeless of being taken seriously or heard in the real world, hopeless of ever having more than there parents have so therefore are destined for a poor crap life! Im an18 year old and completely understand this, you brandish ALL teens with the YOB label and pretty soon ALL teens live up to your expectations. I don't agree with the violence but understand there point, tonight if it spreads through more of the UK then how long is it till the wholeUK join in? Well if the press carry on with thier 'mindless yobs' accusations then i think it will anger more and more people and it could be soon, the young generation are already running the country lol. Also we don't know for sure yet that the bloke shot by police even had a gun!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by digihome92
reply to post by benjoepen

'hopeless people'... It is this view of the generation that is making this happen, the thing is though they are hopeless, hopeless of ever being able to get a steady job, hopeless of being taken seriously or heard in the real world, hopeless of ever having more than there parents have so therefore are destined for a poor crap life! Im an18 year old and completely understand this, you brandish ALL teens with the YOB label and pretty soon ALL teens live up to your expectations. I don't agree with the violence but understand there point, tonight if it spreads through more of the UK then how long is it till the wholeUK join in? Well if the press carry on with thier 'mindless yobs' accusations then i think it will anger more and more people and it could be soon, the young generation are already running the country lol. Also we don't know for sure yet that the bloke shot by police even had a gun!

Sorry BBC has just confirmed it was a handgun capable of firing live rounds.
Those TEENS have more money and newer stuff than that I have and I'm also thirty! AND I WORK!
I haven't got a BLACKBERRY, I don't wear NIKE or ADIDAS and I don't go to the pub to get drunk!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by digihome92

Simply not true, you think other generations have had an easy ride. I was out of work for years when I left school with no future prospects and I never went out looting and stealing. There is no excuse for this behaviour. The youth of today simply don't have any self control, discipline or morals. You deserve your life because you put absolutely no effort into it and yet at the same time, you expect a free ride. Stop using the economic crisis as an excuse for this sort of behaviour. There is no justification whatsoever for the deliberate destruction of people's property, stealing & looting.

edit on 9-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I agree with you, even here in Holland you can see it.
There has been a study in to financial behaviour of 16 year olds. They average a €6500,- debt on mobile phones and credit cards!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhaliWitch
Sorry BBC has just confirmed it was a handgun capable of firing live rounds.
Those TEENS have more money and newer stuff than that I have and I'm also thirty! AND I WORK!
I haven't got a BLACKBERRY, I don't wear NIKE or ADIDAS and I don't go to the pub to get drunk!

Yeah confirmed that gun could fire live rounds, End of the day if you take those toys out to play with the bigger boys it could come back on you. I don't for one minute agree with the Police opening fire, but if they felt the could be at risk or that members of the public could be. Then they do what they are trained to do.

Yeah like I said I see kids walking round with £290 headphones on the newest clobber, expensive phones etc: I can't even afford to do anything really. All my money is spent on keeping a roof over my families head & feeding my kids. I was brought up to earn a living NOT get it for free. Yeah I sometimes wish I had more but doesn't everybody. I don't think I have actually ever thought well I deserve that 52" TV I'll take it.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Wo0kiEE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by KhaliWitch

That's the problem with some of the youth of today, they are a dumbed down generation, completely obsessed with material possessions, fame & fortune and will go to any lengths to acquire it. The current generation is probably the most materialistic & egotistical generation yet and I can only see it getting worse. Their philosophy is, "all for one and screw everyone else".

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Same here, it's just no good that people aren't teaching their kids the right morals anymore!
My daughter wants a 3ds, I say save up your pocketmoney till you have enough to buy it and whatever you need alongside it! That way she learns that nothing in life is free and that you have to save up so you can buy something new you want!

We have a new TV, but only because the old one decided to pay the pied piper. And we had saved up for when that would happen! So we could buy a new one!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Only reason the Prime Minister would recall Parliament is to gain emergency powers; likely he *might* declare a state of emergency tonight. Reports of police preparing plastic bullets; been informed, from a close source, that the army have told troops to-and I quote-"prepare plastic bullets and gas canisters"

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Who stands to benefit?

Inside Job www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wo0kiEE

Originally posted by Maya00a
Young people in Egypt and Spain protested peacefully and had a cause. They had the backing of local communities who helped provide food and water. I just can't believe how the young people of my own country are behaving.

Well said.

Ghandi said "I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."

"Nonviolence is the greatest force at the disposal of mankind. It is mightier than the mightiest weapon of destruction devised by the ingenuity of man."

Clever man Ghandi

Shame Ghandi would have achieved nothing without others fighting the Brits with violence.

Ghandi talks rubbish. The Indian uprising was plenty violent. Without violence it wouldn't have achieved anything.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

That's wrong on so many levels. You compare life today with the hard lives the older generations had?
Sure, kids today have many more trinkets, but they have no way to get the things that are worth having.

Up until the 80s you could leave school barely literate, but still walk into a job that would pay enough for you to have a car, a house, support a wife and kids, put food on the table, go out on the weekends, have a holiday every year, pay into a decent pension for when you retire and be guaranteed good, cheap services like libraries, healthcare, schooling, adult education and usually a social and sports club run by your employer.

These days there is none of that, and even though the work was crap and often hazardous, it was real work that paid a living wage. Kids today have no chance.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Just to let you all know.

The use of plastic bullets has been authorized this evening and ongoing.........

To any scum sucking looters reading this.....come get some.....!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It's apparently starting to kick off in Birmingham again, rumours that groups are planning to meet at 5pm

Erdington and Sutton Coldfield areas are being heavily policed apparently for fear it will spread there

Can't see Sutton having a riot myself but if it does I will let you all know later

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Word up:

My friend who works in Manchester has been told to go home early as Police are expecting trouble there. Possibly around the Piccadilly area.

Also London:

"Acton, Northolt, Southall, Hayes, West Drayton, Hammersmith will all be targeted' - according to rumours on facebook.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join