It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Global Stock Market Collapse Watch

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2011

Just wait until Govt Sachs opens up a market there. They enjoy punishing economies. Do whatever you can to keep them out

Goldman Sachs to launch SIGMA X, new 'dark pool' stock market in Canada

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yea, but it seems to be already here it is the 11th Stock Exchange in Canada, and it may be a killer if it seems to be really bad.

I wonder when and how it will affect the other markets as I am sure this one will cause problems for Canada, and if there is going to be jobs lost because of it.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2011

Goldman Sachs is one of those financial killer institutions. Along with a handful of other banks, GS is a very corrupt organism. Many of them are now in our upper govt levels and financial positions, and look what they did to or economy.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
true, I am a bit worried, TD Canada Trust is one of those banks that is TBTF as it is one of Canada's largest banks, and it in fact is swallowing up numerous American banks. But I think it will be deep unemployment

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
With the way things have been going, it looks like banks may start shedding some jobs. Looks like Bank of America is planning to cut a few thousand jobs.

www.marketwatch.com...

SYDNEY (MarketWatch) -- Bank of America Corp is planning to cut 3,500 jobs this quarter, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday citing people familiar with the situation. The bank will undertake an aggressive overhaul that could result in the elimination of at least 10,000 jobs, according to the report.

ETA - Asia is down somewhat.

www.marketwatch.com...

The biggest loss is South Korea's Kospi down 4.5%
edit on 18-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Can someone answer this question: How is Obama...gonna "CREATE" J.O.B.S.? How do you create something WITH nothing? Am i...missing something??? If i'm not mistaken, don't there have to be people, that actually OWN businesses, in order for J.O.B.s to be "created"? Isn't that kinda like...printing money??? Is he gonna just pull J.O.B.s out of "thin air"?

Here's a J.O.B. for Americans....it's called FARMING! America has THE BEST agriculture, in the WORLD. And that, ladies n gentlemen, IS WHY THEY ARE ROUNDING YOU UP...and pushing you into the major cities. THEY WANT PEOPLE OFF THE LAND...so "they" can use it...as a Jurassic Park type deal; not for dinosaurs, but for all wildlife. HUMANS gotta get off the land...so America can be used as a HUGE NATIONAL PARK....for the NWO.

They don't want gold, silver, or whatever precious metals, you think they want! What the "elite" want....IS LAND!!! And the land they REALLY want...is America!

Here's what you do....take a train ride, from L.A. to New York.....and tell me what you see??? I'll tell you what i saw.....NOTHING BUT BARREN LAND!!! No crops, no fields, no farmers (well, very few), no equipment, and no people. It was VACANT LAND, for as far, as the eye could see!

One thing i will never forget about that train ride is this: there was NOTHING, til i reached NYC. When i got to NYC, and saw the concrete jungle....i couldn't understand how, so many people could live in such a CONFINED place....when acres, upon acres, upon acres of land...was UNUSED!

The only 'stock' you need to worry about, right now, is: LIVESTOCK. You better learn how to FARM, if you're gonna survive the inevitable collapse.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Here's how Asia stocks are doing at the moment.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/726358e1a4fd.jpg[/atsimg]

South Korea is the one taking the most hits. They had to halt their trading to hold off more losses

South Korea’s Kospi down - 6.22%

Gold is now at 1853
edit on 19-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Here's the latest from the European stocks.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a026b15ebb78.jpg[/atsimg]

Opened pretty low. Today will be very interesting

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
ASX200 fell pretty hard today. There's a whole lot of talk about the financial markets simply responding in fear, and I would agree there's truth to that, but I think the markets are just aligning with the reality of slowing and contracting world economies.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Meant to post this snip earlier but I got sidetracked.

From Bill H. at Lemetropole Cafe....

To all; I wrote last week that it was not necessarily the stock markets to watch as it smelled like “something” was going on behind the scene that we (the public) were not privy to. We still do not know exactly (we can make some good guesses though) “what” it is but we now have evidence that SOMETHING BIG is out there. As reported yesterday, M2 money supply grew more for the latest reported week than any week in history EXCEPT the weeks of 911 in 2001 and the “Lehman week” back in 2008. In other words The Fed is throwing money at “something”. Whatever this “something” is it must be bad and it must be very very big!

That something BIG appears to be a large European financial institution on the verge of blowing-up.

Cue Panic As Fed Resumes Liquidity Swap Lines, Lends $200 Million To Swiss National Bank, Most Since October 2010

That's 500MM to an unnamed European Bank using the ECB/Fed swap-line, and another 200MM swap to the Swiss Central Bank, which is most likely acting as a conduit funneling USD to the same unnamed Euro bank. Looks like an 08/9 style dollar squeeze in progress. The Fed will fire-hose liquidity to keep the credit markets from seizing-up.

Explains the radical move in Gold and relative dollar strength today.

*Sorry I can't link to Lemetropole Cafe. Le Met is Bill Murphy's subscription site, but he graciously allows subscribers to post snips in the public domain.

GL

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Wow. Gold up 2% in pre-market and Silver up 3%. What the heck is going on?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

A gigantic short squeeze in the dollar is probably imminent:

"""The Bank for International Settlements said German, Dutch, Swiss and British banks together have a US dollar funding gap of around $1 trillion. The global dollar gap is $5 trillion, reflecting the continued use of the greenback as the base for international finance. This means that severe market stress sets off a scramble for dollars, akin to a global margin call."""

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
OK . . . its an hour into the trading day in the US . . . all news is negative . . . and the market is in positive territory.

Can somebody try and 'splain to me this as it makes absolutely zero sense to me.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

I'm not sure but my best guess is that traders don't want to go into the weekend short, so they're covering shorts. In addition, you have some bargain hunters buying long.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
OK . . . its an hour into the trading day in the US . . . all news is negative . . . and the market is in positive territory.

Can somebody try and 'splain to me this as it makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Insider Info about QE3 probably...and those Morons are trading with that in Mind...forgetting that the Chairsatan needs another Big Drop so he can do it
Thats Wall Street for you

Edit: Info from ZeroHedge

Did Someone Just Leak QE3? USDJPY Plunges To Fresh All Time Low 75.95, Stocks Soar

Yen surges, USDJPY plunges to a new record low of 75.97 (yes, YNoda is looking, looking, looking although better word is panicking, panicking, panicking), and the ES soared promptly. So... did someone finally leak it? Does the market still not get that it has to be lower the day of Jackson Hole for QE3 to work? Frontrunning any QE3 announcement merely makes it redundant. Bernanke needs stocks around 1000 on August 26, not higher. In the meantime, buy that Sony flat screen today. At this rate of Yen appreciation, the company may not exist in a few months.

edit on 19-8-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've said on here that I don't really understand the market apart from buy low, sell high, which makes alot of sense. You buy stock, hold it while it (hopfully) increases in value then you sell it to somebody else.

Now, what I'm not real clear on is this whole 'short selling' business, but I'm going to take a stab at it . . .

YOu want to sell some stock . . . lets say 100 shares of Bob's Booger Barn which is worth $1 per share. Now, you don't have any BBB stock but you're certain that it is going to decrease in value so you go ahead and sell those 100 shares which you still don't have . . . but somebody buys from you the stock that you do not yet possess.

Now, before the dick who bought the non existent stock knows there's no stock, you've got to go out and buy the stock so when the dick who bought the stock wants it, you've actually got it to give to them. What you're doing here is hopeing that between the time you sell them the stock for $1 a share and the time they actually want the stock, it drops in price so you actually maybe only spend 90 cents a share, thus making 10 cents per share.

Am I following this properly?

If I am . . . . WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS THAT . . . it's like wanting steak for dinner and steak is $10 a pound so you go over to your neighbors house, steal their steak and hope they don't notice before that steak goes on sale for $5 a pound at which time you can replace it.

And this system of selling stock was designed for what purpose?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GoalPoster

That is due to overnight trading, while some people lose money others bet on the falling economy and make more money. Is call inside trading and only those on the very top are allowed in the club.

This happen during the months before the last market collapse.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So, if I'm a corporate bigwig and I trade stock with knowledge not yet public, make scads of dough and I get caught, I get charged with insider trading by the SEC.

But, if I'm the same corporate bigwig and I trade stock through this whole short-selling confidence scam and make scads of dough, I'm a freakin' brilliant business mind.

Let me see here . . . WTF?????????

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ah,here we have the possible Reason for the Optimism in the Market ,again found and delivered by ZeroHedge.

Macro Commentary: Is Germany Playing Chicken With Ben Bernanke?

US markets are down at the open but there is a bit of optimism working its way through traders on a release out of Europe from EU Economic and Monetary Affairs Commissioner Olli Rehn that the European Commission may present draft legislation on euro bonds once they have completed a feasibility study on common debt sales. Germany’s Merkel has continued to say that this solution is not something that Germany supports. And why would they? To “save the system” might be the answer that some would give. But this would mean that Germany would have to be willing to accept higher interest rates as it ties itself to the PIIGS and further put them on the hook fiscally should any of the PIIGS be unable to make their timely pro-rata share of the interest payment.

Bolded the important Part. Lets see how long that "Rally" lasts,until the Market gets it that Germany said NO to Eurobonds already. Or until they say NO again anyway...

Edit: And here is the "Official" Articel/Rumour on Bloomberg

EU May Draft Legislation for Joint Eurobond
edit on 19-8-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Seriously,i love reading ZeroHedge

ECB Getting Angry That People Can See Right Through Central Bank Lies

Today's hilarious commentary comes from the ECB's own Jurgen Stark, whose blood pressure has obviously peaked and at this point it is just a matter of the realization that ECB (and other Central bank lies) no longer work filtering through to reality.

ECB'S STARK SAY NOT CENTRAL BANK'S JOB TO FUND DEFICITS (but, but, MMT says debt, and hence central bank monetization thereof, does not fund deficits. Heck, MMT says monetization does not exist...hmm)

ECB'S STARK: UNRESPONSIBLE TO CALL ECB A `BAD BANK' (right: the correct word is "overdue")

ECB'S STARK: ECB HASN'T TAKE ON AS BIG RISKS AS OTHER CEN BANKS (right: the risk the ECB has taken does not even fit on the same axis compared to other banks)

ECB'S STARK SAYS NOT CENTRAL BANK JOB TO LOWER RATES FOR DEBT
ECB'S STARK SAYS ECB BOND BUYS DON'T CREATE INFLATION RISKS
ECB'S STARK: BANKS USING PSI HAVE FULL GUARANTEE OF NO LOSS

And the kicker

ECB'S STARK: ALL DEVELOPED ECONOMIES HAVE PUB FINANCE PROBLEMS- said otherwise, it's everyone else's fault

If we were betting men and women, we would say this is the ECB capitulating.

Desperation everywhere,awesome

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join