It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 Global Stock Market Collapse Watch

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by User1981

that depends on the Asia market, how they will see today's market, if that tanks well...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Interesting point, considering their vocal opinion very recently.

Everyone keeps talking them up, but yeah, you have to wonder.

Edit - Within 20 points of days low - I'll say 570 at days end.
(adding to post - so no double post0
edit on 18-8-2011 by User1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
my geuss is Asia will be down because of slow growth and the tech sector got hit fairly hard today.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by User1981

like the last two of a basketball game, the last 15 minutes of the trading day are always the most interesting.

No sooner did I read your post than the drop hit 511 and change.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Monday will be the tell all of this when China and the situation in Greece, and what Germany says about the euro, so far let it fall. Not good at all. got to see the current money.cnn.com...
edit on 18-8-2011 by bekod because: added link

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Dow has rallied a bit, over a 100 points heading into the close. Should I read anything into this?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

yes people were afraid to invest mid day fearing it would slip down

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
A nice rally, but nothing major.

Considering how it flatened out during the day its not suprising to see.

Looks like a wait and see market for tomorrow and early next week.

Considering the drops in Europe, the US got away with it in my opinion.

edit on 18-8-2011 by User1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

According to the Bloomberg Futures Forecast the Hang Seng and Nikkei both look to open 220-240 pts down at this time.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Has anyone else looked at the Hang Seng and Shanghai on MarketWatch recently (before tonights open)? I just saw that the Hang Seng showed a dive from 20,116 to 15 and back up. The Shanghai index went from 2,681 to 1 and back up. Glitch?

Ok nvm. I saw that just about EVERY stock market bottomed (near zero) out atleast one time today. Wierd.

edit on 18-8-2011 by OuttaTime because: (no reason given)

Add again: nvm again. I see all the charts on MarketWatch are skrewy. One minute showing one chart, then another chart the next

edit on 18-8-2011 by OuttaTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

ya, I think that is a problem with the website. halrious if the markets were to do that,

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

I noticed it was on every chart. Asia, Europe and US. It showed all of them bottoming out and bouncing right back. Was really wierd, but I didn't want to delete my post in case someone else saw it too

Oops

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
NIKKEI is getting close to post Fukushima EQ level..
52wk 8,227.63 - 10,891.60
Current: 8,775 -2.1% (Down 20% from 52wk high)

DAX
52wk Range: 5,487.82 - 7,600.41
Current 5602.04 (Down 27% from 52wk high)

ESTX50 EURP
(Zurich: ^STOXX50E )
Index Value: 2,206.61
Change: Down 124.51 (5.34%)
Prev Close: 2,206.61
Open: 2,313.37
Day's Range: 2,181.26 - 2,352.78
52wk Range: 2,077.06 - 3,077.24

www.sgxniftydowfutureslive.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
John Thomas of the Titor Project here,

What you need to focus on is how stock prices are bottoming out.

Now powerful investors are trying to encourage stock value but the majority of investors are still pulling out their money.

European banks are having to borrow because they can't raise their own funds. But they'll be alright.

U.S. banks won't be alright. Watch Bank of America closely right now.

Obama is trying to create jobs but it is a little too little and a little too late. You see, there is no more U.S. middle class. No consuming power means the U.S. economy will crash no matter what.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

the only bank to whatch in the US is is JP Morgan all the rest are just small time.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
so far everything is going negative this evening, Hang Seng at nearly 3% drop. It isn't even the first hour of trading for those guys and they already lost more than 500 points.
edit on 18-8-2011 by hypr2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

I watch the Asian and overnight futures indexes somewhat, but by no means trade them. Some general things I've notice about Asian indexes you might wan to know are.

Sushi Time: The Nikkie closes for an hour mid-market. You need to be aware of this when you're on crash alert as it'll look like it's stopped trading.

Volatility: The Asian markets seem a little more volatile to me than Western markets. A 3-5% change is pretty notable in Western markets, some Asian markets might have that move more often. The KOSPI (South Korea) and the Taiwan market seem to be the most volatile but all asian markets seem to have bigger moves percentage wide more often.

Ozz and New Zealand: These to me are the most understandable pretty comparable to London, New York, Toronto.

Futures: Pretty damn interesting I mainly follow the e-mini S&P, but if it trades, there is probably a futures contract as well. The overnight can be pretty thin in some futures, but there is always someone trading right now.

Forex: I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Forex. Currency trades 24/7 365. The overnight session can be important in Forex because that is often where you see Central Banks intervene against their currency. Most often the Bank of Japan but recently the Swiss National Bank. A central banks move in forex will quickly spread to other markets but it is often first seen in Forex.

Anyway those are my tips for overnight (from US) market watching. Just because US markets are closed doesn't mean there isn't a crash going on somewhere.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Thx for the info. I had been using yahoo finance for a while and changed over to marketwatch to monitor world markets. I also just started watching SGXNiftyfutures. I noticed the sushi breaks a great while back. I'm curious to see where their -188 dumps down to. World markets are taking a shellacking this week, and we're not done yet. Many of the big banks are getting punk'd and 40+% of regular investors are liquidating or beginning to divest. It's interesting to say the least.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

I agree Bank of America should be dead, and probably will be if they must sacrifice a TBTF but I really disagree that European Banks are in better shape than US banks. They have no common regulator, balance sheets are opaque even by US mark-to-myth standards, little political will for bailouts, lower capital requirements, exposures to Eastern Europe, eastern and southern Mediterranean, and a host of other problems I can recall right now, on top of the problem of multiple governments and a single currency.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Look at the Canadian banking system, it is tightly regulated, one can't just open a bank like they do in the US, there are so many regulations one has to follow.

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join