It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are some people here so selfish?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

I too love good news, sadly, it rarely gets " Front page " in any media, paper or electronic. There are good things happening in the world, they just are'nt as interesting ( For reasons beyond my undestanding.) to human nature, which allows the doomsayers to rule...In the case of newspapers, etc; bad news / speculation sells papers / creates profits. And in order to compete with each other, they have to outdo each other with even " Better " ( ? )bad news. I'm trying not to be dragged down to their level. I've no T.V. and don't read newspapers, for this reason.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

Since you are not giving examples, I´ll take it that you don´t have any world affecting good news either.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Its only a matter of time. And to be honest. I hope it happens when i"m alive. I've got a-lot of student loans and still can't get a job. So collapse US economy. Then we will all get that sweet reset. + I've got a-lot of bullets and no targets. haha

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
At this moment in time, you assume correctly...but stay positive ! Don't let my shortcomings allow you to fall in to the trap of being a disciple of the doomsayers !

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The new currency problem and hording and inflation and gaulging and profiteering and control of resources... is a known problem. One that could be solved with unbiased mathematical perfection. Think positive.
The people who extract invisible profits are to blame. Don't sell your soul to uphold the dollar.
I do believe crunch time is nearing and there are those who are in less of a position to just tough it out.
Some people aren't going to be able to just get up and try to move on from their problems.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Dear OP...just hang in there, learn as much as you can...both in and out of school. You said "young people" so I'm not sure just how young you are.

I am almost 50 years old. The stuff that I hear on ATS has been said for years now, if not generations,...I know because I heard it 20 years ago...NWO sending in troops, Clinton wants my guns, the original Bush is/was the antichrist... we'll all be wiped out by asteroids, Halle Bop and so on...

Unfortunately, there are times of stability in history and there are times of instability. Now, I have no doubt that you and I will wake up tommorrow...but in what kind of world I can't say. The times we live in are pivotal in the course of history and will likely be read about by your children one day....

See, you are the next..."Greatest Generation." You are living in times that will challenge you to be the best you can be.

For my great great grand parents...it was the American Civil War. For their grand parents, it was being kicked out of Ireland... being shipped to the colonies at Jamestown,Va...but shipwrecking off of NC. For my parents...it was the Great Depression and WWII.

What I suggest is learn as much as you can from anyone that is successful...be it investing, real estate, in computers, farming. Learn a tangible skill... welding or carpentry or electrical work...that way you will never be unemployed.

My uncle is 81...he still gets up everyday and has about 2-3 "lil' jobs" he does fixing a leaky faucette...a light fixture or electrical socket... But by learning to invest..you ensure security for you and your family. Now you may have to invest in things that are cutting edge or run against your beliefs.

For instance, my wife and I have invested in Asian Markets...read China. Even in the messy economy here in the US, we still managed 10-12% growth this past year.

Also...and you probably don't need telling this...learn to change...never betray your morals and ethics and core beliefs...but change with technology and abilities....you will adapt and survive.

The point I'm trying to make in all of this is..you have bright days ahead for you if you are smart and resourceful.

My mom and dad grew up during the Depression...dirt poor...I mean dirt floor poor. Today, they are around 80 and have 2 houses, enjoy a comfortable..not rich...but comfortable retirement...have seen WWII, Korean War, Viet Nam War, Gulf Wars, the great depression, high inflation of the 1950s, the gas lines and stagflation of the 1970s, and they may actually die as we enter the next Depression...they saw social upheaval in the 1960s...political assassinations and scandals across the decades...

And despite all the doom and gloom...they did ok...

Don't bury yourself in a bunker with a tin foil hat. Perhaps like me...you come here for info, for amusement, for a few real conspiracies that truly interest you...but don't undermine your future in fear. Live for today...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I can't speak for anyone else. For myself, the fall of all this system seems inevitable and every attempt we make at reviving it only prolongs things and makes them worse.

I am feeling exactly like I felt each time I was in labor before having a baby- there's a point at which you know the pain is going to be worse and worse, and you cannot avoid it, so you start to want it to just go fast and get it over with, and get to the other side- where you're holding your new baby, sweaty and exhausted and happy, and barely even conscious of the doctor sewing you up down there.

I feel like our society is birthing a new society for the younguns- the labor is getting more intense, and at this point, I'd like to see it go faster.

I know that to the young people, it might seem like the end of the world.... and when I had my first baby I thought it was too! I thought I was in the process of dying! But it is a process, not the end.

Just breathe. Focus on your dreams of a new society and how you'll make it!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
It is refreshing to see some hope again. I use to have it but it does get hard to maintain when confronted by some of the realities of the world as there are some deep and dark problems around. A good solution to address a lot of problems can be found at www.nancho.net...

Basically it involves changing corporate law to include personal liability for social and environmental responsibility and not just financial responsibility. This does not need a big change in the legal framework but it is an important one in which there is a lot of resistance from the corporate world.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

What about us young people? We might possibly never have the life that you older people lived...

Don't worry, you didn't miss much...

....we might never be able to see our children grow in a nice neighborhood with friends at school, living in a nice house. with a tv and everything.

Plenty of people didn't get to experience that in the last 50 years. And TV, really, is that how we judge quality of life now, by the size and/or number of TVs we have?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Reply to post by muse7

I hope you realise that most people do not have what you want for your children. Nice neighbourhoods, watching tv...

I hope my kid grows up in a community where he does not need to comply to segregating societies demands. Who cares if that would be a travelling tribe.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Actually, I believe it is mostly the younger set who hopes for such a thing.

Sure, there are the survivalists who want a chance to play with their new toys, but ultimately, it's people who are full of rage and disappointment that their lives are not what they expected.

When you come across these people, pity them.

When something happens that gives their life value, they will change their minds.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Who's selfish here? This "civilization" has been dragging me around with it my whole life acting against my wishes, imposing restrictions on my existence, threatening me with violence at every turn to force me into compliance and theft.

If being tired of living as a voiceless slave dragged to and fro, robbed, beaten, and drugged makes me selfish then so be it.

I have no desire to control anyone or anything. Live and let live. Cooperate voluntarily. End violent coercion and confiscation.

Selfish?

Give me a break.

It's the "collective" that is selfish. Assaulting, fining and imprisoning anyone who doesn't comply with its insane demands. Existing just to impose an orderly framework for theft and oppression to hoist oligarchs and feudal lords ever higher.

But hey you want a TV so that gun you've got to my head it totally justified.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Because it's easier to rebuild from the ashes than tackle the complete hold the current elite have on the world.

Because the majority of people don't care about the world's problems and need to be shocked into action. It's not about being selfish, but selfless. People don't get into action unless they are angry about something. If they were, they would have done it on their own initiative already.
edit on 8-8-2011 by AR154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

What you describe is not real. It is manufactured by those that wish to sell you something.
Ward and June Cleavers world never existed. Having all these things never made anyone have a perfect life. All of this has been an illusion and the bills are now due.
I suggest you take some time and look at what life in the vast majority of the world is like. Stop believing tv, magazines and the movies. Stop blaming "older people" for the problems that are present and look toward changing the world you live in. Your home, your block, your town, your schools.
Welcome to the adult club, where you can have a direct impact on the world you live in. Stop blaming and start changing.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
All the time, I come across posts where people are just hoping and praying for financial collapse or for a major natural disasters to make society collapse.

Why?

Have you ever seen a bully pick apart another child? Then, one day, you see that same bully get put in his place by reality. Pride is a narrow awareness of self. When a child is born into the world, the self is the only awareness it has. As it grows, it begins to soften this awareness and expand it to the immediate family, then to friends and then finally beyond the map of the immediate territory.

Some people cling to their own pride, resulting in a narrow awareness. They refuse to expand consciousness beyond themselves. Experience is the only teacher that can bring this awareness away from self.

A true believer in God will expand their consciousness toward God. This is the ultimate expression of awareness, which results in altruism instead of objectivism. Read the Wiki for both. It all depends on how you view your soul. Are you a human being having a spiritual experience on earth? Or, are you a spiritual being having a human experience? We are all different in our development of sentience. Article

1 Corinthians 13
11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

edit on 8-8-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
At this moment in time, you assume correctly...but stay positive ! Don't let my shortcomings allow you to fall in to the trap of being a disciple of the doomsayers !

At this moment in time you can´t, but at this moment of time, I however, can show you lots of signs that point towards several doom scenario´s, some aren´t even a conspiracy.

I am positive that my soul will be allright,and have no fear, but I am just being realistic.

Sticking your head in the sand does not equal being positive.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Wow, Reality bites!

My fears began in my teens; I was in High School when Regan became President, I graduated before he was done. Everyone then was convinced that the "draft" was going to happen again. Seriously, Regan to us seemed completely out of touch and we felt he was a bit trigger happy with the big red button!

You just have to make of it with your wits and your own ingenuity. It isn't that hard to see where this is all leading to and the ramifications.

A NWO, they have an agenda whether we like it or not. Eventually we will all be "marked", the RFID chip and the "True ID" are going to happen. A North American Union is on our doorstep!

Those folks who comply will find life moves along in the same messed-up order, for the most part; but those who oppose will find the reality they see as criminals on the run.

It is all in the placement of the Heavens! The Bible is an Astronomy text of what is about to happen, what has already happened, and what will happen once again. We can look to the past and know that the changes we face are there; how we interpret them is personal.

We know the meek inherit the Earth, I don't see a whole lot of that in this world! Perhaps it takes a few more generations until we discover who the meek really are; most likely our children, or their children!

I think I am just waiting for the leash to snap, the one that Society has on us with Money! They consume so much and they take more than they bring in; they are the worst consumers of us all and they want more to gobble up! Every dollar is expected to yield more in their eyes! They double and triple their wealth all the while telling us they need more, that there will be "cuts". LOL It's a bad cycle, time to stop!

It is history repeating itself, except this history is Biblical and Astronomical! A well oiled clock that is ready for a reset!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

interesting post. I understand what you're saying however I do think there are many, many good people out there who are working everyday to set this country / world on the right course. they are busy people and they don't have time to hang out on the computer let alone a site like ATS. so my advice to you OP is step away from the computer, venture out, get to know your fellow human being ........... in other words be part of the change you seek. leave the bitching / death / destruction to the ATS'ers .......... afterall they do do it so well. ~~ Namaste

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My guess would be that is just one of those leftover animal instincts that we like to think we are too good to have. Nature is selfish. In nature, mother's care for THEIR children for the most part just like us. Other than that, it is all about that reptilian mind telling us "You mind never see such abundance again, take take take while you can!"

Helps me get to sleep at night anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

"I have a problem...with other people deciding what is in my best interest when they don't live where I do, when they don't know the local conditions or the local problems I face, when they don't even live in the same country as I do, but they still---in some far-off Western city, at a desk in some glass skyscraper in Brussels or Berlin or New York---they still feel that they know the solution to all my problems and how I should live my life. I have a problem with that."

"Civilization doesn't separate us from nature. Civilization protects us from nature." "State of Fear"; Michael Crichton

I don't know the motivations behind those who wish to tear down society as we know it, but I do know that throwing the proverbial baby out with the bath water is the most incredibly foolish, short-sighted and uninformed stance to take on an issue as consequential as this. If by anarchy, some think they can simply change our political process...I just throw my hands up at the sheer arrogance of it all.

S&F, for bringing this issue up for greater scrutiny.
edit on 8-8-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join