It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are some people here so selfish?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by inquisitivenature

I think that while you mean well that the logic is off a bit. It's wiser to keep a very close eye on such people around you because you are surrounded by such. Just don't let it consume you. Be cautious. No amount of preperation will make it so. But it helps more than ignoring the problems around you will.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
All the time, I come across posts where people are just hoping and praying for financial collapse or for a major natural disasters to make society collapse.

Why?

What about us young people? We might possibly never have the life that you older people lived, we might never be able to see our children grow in a nice neighborhood with friends at school, living in a nice house. with a tv and everything. Instead we might live the rest of our lives scavenging for food, and desperately searching for water and for shelter, and hiding from the possible gangs of pathetic human beings that will most likely form if such event takes place.

That's not the life I want to live, and that's not the life I want for my kids, I know that the current system we have right now is not perfect but I like to believe that it can be fixed without something horrible happening. I hope for the best and not for doom.

What makes you think it's just old people that fap off to any sniff of doom & gloom?.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Why do people want this to happen? They have lost their ability to think clearly and find solutions. To them its easier to just "start over" than to do the necessary work and make the necessary sacrifice even though it would be a hell of a lot easier and better for everyone.

Why have people, especially the young, lost their ability to think clearly and solve problems?
Look at the public school system, look at the programming and massive dumbing down of the nation. The chemicals, toxins, everywhere. It doesn't help that their parents did a half ass job raising them because they went through the same programming and dumbing down just on an earlier and less intense level. And their parents probably did a pretty shoddy job of raising them, too... Ever since about the 50's I'd guess, there has been the phenomena of parents being frustrated with their children. Each generation confused and annoyed by the ways of the next. That's what happens when you are forced to allow the government raise your child half the time, in public schools, and you choose to let the tv raise them the other half of the time, and you don't take the time to instill courage, self confidens and integrity into them or figure out their strengths and weaknesses and help them figure out what they are good at and get them involved in something and encourage them when they find something they would like to try, and above all, be honest about all the real facts of life. A simple lie about Santa or the tooth fairy could literally destroy any feeling of trust that your kid ever had for you. Treat theme like what they are, another human being that deserves your respect and honesty. Some parents do have a real connection and true relationship with their children, but unfortunately most parents do not have a clue about who their children really are or what makes them tick. By the time they notice somethings wrong, its too late because by then their child is so far into their programming that they literally cannot communicate with them any longer and the child thinks they do not need you anymore, so you can't count on them to solve something that they don't see as a problem.

It's more than just young people being more impulsive and different in other ways that are normal. There has been a steady and noticeable decline in areas such as intellect, knowledge of other people in the world and their history, customs, beliefs, music, etc., or "worldliness", speech/written language, respect for elders and opposite sex and peers and the structure and traditions of their family, interest in planning for the future, knowledge of religion and adherence to religious beliefs, self esteem, reluctance to try drugs, alcohol, or smoking, at least until you're older and moderation in use, value of relationships and integrity over material gain, interest in educational/academic topics, sexual modesty from females(I think males were always horn dogs lol), reluctance to commit acts of violence, chivalry towards females, and so many other things have gone down the tubes gradually lost to time... Now many older people actually fear the young, and don't understand the words they use half the time, they don't know what motivates them or what their goals are. Other than perhaps the obvious "money and material possessions" that seem to be the equalizer for everybody today when it comes to our motivations and goals. That is one area where all generations have sunk almost equally, and can still understand eachother.

The short answer is, they were manipulated and lead down a path that resulted in their thinking and acting and representing themselves in this seemingly insane manner.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
People are too blind to comprehend the consequences of a Global Economic Meltdown. There would anarchy on the streets, looting, raping, and mindless fights. It may seem thrilling and exciting in videos games like Fallout or in movies like the Book of Eli, but would anyone seriously want to live in a world like that?
I believe there has to be order in human society because we're not animals. Whether the elite are approaching this in the most rational way is another question.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
I believe there has to be order in human society because we're not animals.

...humans ARE animals...

...believing the contrary is indicative of a preference for fantasy...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

We might possibly never have the life that you older people lived, we might never be able to see our children grow in a nice neighborhood with friends at school, living in a nice house. with a tv and everything.

Maybe because the people praying for this (I am not one of them) understand that you will not be able to attain those things for much longer under the current system.

We simply can't live as slaves to the bankers, while destroying the environment, and living on the backs of the rest of the world.

I for one would love a world without TV.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Why hate on animals like that? From what I've seen, dogs are the only ones that can relate to us and they had to be domesticated first.
Animals don't really want anything to do with us, for the most part, so how does that make you feel?
We're far worse than animals. We are human.

For so many people this ridgid, hyper stress society/world demands that they become cyborgs
in every waking moment of their life.

I've had a negative outlook on life, since the day Kennedy was shot and I was only four. Oh why do I play ? You know why ? Cause I want to see, the wicked people, who's names have reined on this earth, for thousands of years, toppled from power. I want to see this evil world, that God never intended for us to endure, dead and gone. Because cause this world as it is, completely sucks. It's the people who don't realize that who have the problem. But most of them will see it very soon. Not that I wish their comfy worlds out from under them.
Just that it's obviously going to happen anyway.

Their might be some on wall St.today taking their final plunge. It's just what's happening and it offers freedom from the tyranny of an obviously dying world.

A world I've really never even wanted a part of.
edit on 8-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Cats and humans have had a relationship stretching back at least 9,500 years. I should think with your avatar, you'd already know that!
edit on 8-8-2011 by lowundertheradar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lowundertheradar

That's why I didn't mention them.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Cause I want to see, the wicked people, who's names have reined on this earth, for thousands of years, toppled from power. I want to see this evil world, that God never intended for us to endure, dead and gone. Because cause this world as it is, completely sucks.

Anarchy = "godliness"? Lord... save me from your followers.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lowundertheradar

Anarchy = "godliness"? Lord... save me from your followers.

Now who's words are those Darlin ? Dis a no my verds.

I never said one thing about anarchy but what ever blows you're dress up.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
All the time, I come across posts where people are just hoping and praying for financial collapse or for a major natural disasters to make society collapse.

Why?

What about us young people? We might possibly never have the life that you older people lived, we might never be able to see our children grow in a nice neighborhood with friends at school, living in a nice house. with a tv and everything. Instead we might live the rest of our lives scavenging for food, and desperately searching for water and for shelter, and hiding from the possible gangs of pathetic human beings that will most likely form if such event takes place.

That's not the life I want to live, and that's not the life I want for my kids, I know that the current system we have right now is not perfect but I like to believe that it can be fixed without something horrible happening. I hope for the best and not for doom.

I feel for you young folks, I really do. My kids range in age from 14 to 24 so I fear for their future too. But life doesn't always turn out the way you hope, in fact it rarely does. All you can do is roll with whatever comes your way and make the best of it.

Let me tell you one thing that is true my friend: Life's a bitch, and then you die.

I'm not being sarcastic or dismissive in any way, I'm just telling it like it is.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think people realize that an economic collapse might bring about a revolution that will serve us in the future.

Personally, I don't think we have anything to worry about since money is nothing more than an assigned value to a tree. The only thing that's really worth something is all this food we're sitting on here in the "breadbasket of the world". As long as we have land, food, and water, we'll be alright.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's because there's an evil group that's brainwashing you all. You aren't free. Look what the OP says. I want a nice house with a TV. Why is the greatest propaganda device ever conceived your second concern? I'm sorry but you just showed how selfish you are. You are basically saying "I don't want society to fall apart for a couple of weeks so we can rebuild and make a better life for all, because I want to live like they tell me I should live." It's essentially what you just said. You're the one thinking about yourself before others. Ironic, no?
So it's selfish of me to want freedom for everyone? It's selfish to say I'm sick of my people being exploited?
Just because you're happy being a slave, and happy being exploited, doesn't change the fact you're a modern day exploited slave.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

How am I being selfish? You're the delusional one that believes that society collapsing will somehow change your current situation into something much better. That's not the case, at all. You will see billions of people dying as a result of starvation, disease and lack of water. You will see children on the streets severely malnourished. You will see cannibalism become something common. It won't be like Fallout or those apocalyptic movies.

You might have stocked up on canned food and water, but those won't last forever. You might have guns, but your ammunition will eventually run out, and you will have to come out from your bunker sooner or later to face the reality of what you and others were hoping for.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Im all for a major diasaster as long as the dim/libs are running things...since they are trying to make it happen,why not let it happen now?..we suffer less than we do if we sit around waiting for thehammer to fall...we all know they are spending us into the ground...lets get it on...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
"Why are some people here so selfish?".......To me it is not a matter of people being selfish....they are angry and they express their anger with words of sarcasm and extreme sarcasm.

I think most people are hoping things will improve.....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

edit on 8-8-2011 by caladonea because: SORRY DOUBLE POST

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

I too love good news, sadly, it rarely gets " Front page " in any media, paper or electronic. There are good things happening in the world, they just are'nt as interesting ( For reasons beyond my undestanding.) to human nature, which allows the doomsayers to rule...In the case of newspapers, etc; bad news / speculation sells papers / creates profits. And in order to compete with each other, they have to outdo each other with even " Better " ( ? )bad news. I'm trying not to be dragged down to their level. I've no T.V. and don't read newspapers, for this reason.

Hmmm, there's lots and lots of good news printed everyday, it's just not good to you, but it is to someone....the gas prices went up, that's good news to your friends and family that invested in them isn't it?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I know exactly how you feel, OP. I'm only 19, so I understand what it's like to come on here and listen to people say every day "bring on the collapse!" or "I'm tired of waiting for the Big One to hit already", which is painful to hear because I live in Southern California..

But, I've learned to deal with it and accept the fact life isn't all peaches and gravy. I want to live a normal life too. Marry the girl of my dreams, have kids, have a family.. See my children grow up, become little people..

I want to do so much with my life. Travel, mainly, but there are goals that I want to reach, things that I need to do to prove myself to.. myself.

I won't be able to do any of those things with a destroyed economy and hell reigning over on Earth with death and destruction at every corner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join