It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are some people here so selfish?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
has anyone ever watched the movie SAW, SAW1, SAW2...etc.....? The premise to the movie was incredible, people paying for their sins through acts that made them decide which sacrifice they would make in order to live....each sacrifice was one that expounded and magnified the sin that they committed,,,,,,that's what would happen here in the states if a collapse happened.... people would be forced to survive on their own means...would they get past their natural instinct of selfishness and help their fellow man? I doubt if most would...in fact, i think most of the people on this thread that are delivering cheery posts would learn a bit more about themselves....we kind of loose ourselves when we have removed ourselves so far from our food.....we don't kill animals anymore, we pay someone else to do it....we don't know what it's like to have to kill a fellow humanoid to eat them so we ourselves can survive......most people would die just because they would gross out from the blood and guts, so they wouldn't kill, maybe they would sit and eat grass and leaves like cows.....could this sustain them? who knows.....I think that most people in the United States today don't know what true sacrifice is.....alot of the people on this forum don't want to see a collapse because they know that they can't survive it......health issues, being just plain too modernized, what have you.....These are the people that have lived their lives in a more or less controlled environment, one they have taken great pains to maintain and it would shatter their worlds to think of loosing it.....All of the material wealth they have built up through hard work and sweat....what a tragedy it would be for them....I can honestly say, if a collapse happened today, my life wouldn't change much at all....because I know it's all an illusion....I know how to survive with nothing, I own a car, a boat that I can't pull anymore because i had to sell my truck and get this car, my clothes, and this computer.....nope my life wouldn't be upheaved at all.....1John 2:15 says don't love the things of this world......he's right, because if you love them, they will bring you heartache when you lose them.......the only consistent thing in this world is the fact that things change......the survivors are the ones that are ready for these changes and can help others along the way when it happens.......

oh and by the way I just foresaw some attacks that some posters would probably issue about what small amount of material wealth I have...I gave it all up....I work, I'm an electronics technician....I just don't need the things others need....I've had a mass of things in my life, but I gave most of it away to others....I wouldn't even have this computer if it didn't at least provide me with some time killing mind exercizes...remember, you can't take it with you and it doesn't define who you are as a person unless you yourself let it.....
edit on 8-8-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by patternfinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I just hope that IF it does happen, the people who prepared for it will share with the ones who didn't........and remember, if you feel like this whole thing, if it happens, is an attack on you, turn it into a tribulation and sustain through it, use it to your advantage and embrace it as something that can only make you stronger in the end......

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
to answer the original post,

people want the system to collapse because they believe there will be upward mobility during the crisis.

Just like many of America's billionaires who came to prominence in the middle of a war or other disaster.

A turnover would remove a lot of our ruling class, who have to actual value to the rest of society, and let some of our most intrepid young people "rise to the top" without having to do all the decades of drudgery that it used to take to make something of yourself.

Trying times reveal the mettle of great men.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
All the time, I come across posts where people are just hoping and praying for financial collapse or for a major natural disasters to make society collapse.

Why?

What about us young people? We might possibly never have the life that you older people lived, we might never be able to see our children grow in a nice neighborhood with friends at school, living in a nice house. with a tv and everything. Instead we might live the rest of our lives scavenging for food, and desperately searching for water and for shelter, and hiding from the possible gangs of pathetic human beings that will most likely form if such event takes place.

That's not the life I want to live, and that's not the life I want for my kids, I know that the current system we have right now is not perfect but I like to believe that it can be fixed without something horrible happening. I hope for the best and not for doom.

Don't worry. Within a year 99% of the older people you are describing wouldn't be up to the task.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
True ..todays world is pretty screwed up
but its still here

My question to your generation is..What are you going to do to heal it ?
Its too late for ours..its up to you now

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by patternfinder

Massive flaws once again, the battle cry of, "You are slaves - we shall free you!" rings abound yet some readily admit it would bring death to the majority (maybe even revel in their lack of a butchering skillset). What kind of freedom is that? It is selfishness, as described in the OP.

If you are content to live like a hermit, more power to you but don't dare attempt to force that lifestyle onto the unwilling.

Have you ever considered how the "sheeple" will obtain medicines that are required daily just to live? These are obvious problems nobody seems to address nor care about when talking about burning down the world. It's painfully obvious that none of the promoters of said action have a beloved son or daughter sat in ICU they'd readily slaughter in the name of "freedom". If that's Freedom, I want no part of it.

We are human beings with massive potential, if we collectively put our minds together and work hard we can achieve the incredible.

The answer is not widespread destruction.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by patternfinder

Massive flaws once again, the battle cry of, "You are slaves - we shall free you!" rings abound yet some readily admit it would bring death to the majority (maybe even revel in their lack of a butchering skillset). What kind of freedom is that? It is selfishness, as described in the OP.

If you are content to live like a hermit, more power to you but don't dare attempt to force that lifestyle onto the unwilling.

Have you ever considered how the "sheeple" will obtain medicines that are required daily just to live? These are obvious problems nobody seems to address nor care about when talking about burning down the world. It's painfully obvious that none of the promoters of said action have a beloved son or daughter sat in ICU they'd readily slaughter in the name of "freedom". If that's Freedom, I want no part of it.

We are human beings with massive potential, if we collectively put our minds together and work hard we can achieve the incredible.

The answer is not widespread destruction.

you proved my point exactly about why no one wants it....but, no where in my post did i endorse an upheaval either.....I just told it like it is....or might be.....it really doesn't matter to me one way or another....i will help as many people as i can....plus, nowhere in my post did i say i was going to live like a hermit.....and, we have massive potential that is easily guided by the people who utilize massive manipulation techniques as seen in multimedia.....we as a group can't get passed that hurdle....it's proven here on this site every day........

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Lifes a forge and the purest metal comes from the hottest fire....bring it on...lets see who has what

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join