It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are some people here so selfish?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
All the time, I come across posts where people are just hoping and praying for financial collapse or for a major natural disasters to make society collapse.

Why?

What about us young people? We might possibly never have the life that you older people lived, we might never be able to see our children grow in a nice neighborhood with friends at school, living in a nice house. with a tv and everything. Instead we might live the rest of our lives scavenging for food, and desperately searching for water and for shelter, and hiding from the possible gangs of pathetic human beings that will most likely form if such event takes place.

That's not the life I want to live, and that's not the life I want for my kids, I know that the current system we have right now is not perfect but I like to believe that it can be fixed without something horrible happening. I hope for the best and not for doom.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I think most people see this as an inevitability, and want to get it over with.

It´s not like people welcome chaos and anarchy because they like chaos and anarchy.

Like it or not, if we want the system to change, there´s going to be more suffering first.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Sometimes life is not what we had hoped for.
Sometimes things are also not quite as bad as what it may seem. Sometimes it is worse.
Some people are selfish.

Most people are not.

Some people are alive, some people are dead. Some people are not able to go to the bathroom without help.
Some people want to change the world somep oeple want to destroy it.
Some people will eat their neighbors, and their pets

Most people will not.

Charlie Harper says that when he gets dealt a lemon, he turns it into lemonade.

Is your glass of lemonade half full or half empty?

or ... do you just suck the sour lemon?

edit on 8-8-2011 by guessing because: forgot a word

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I don't know, maybe because nobody gives a damn about anybody else. If it came to it, I'd probably kill somebody and sleep like a baby the next day. It is insane

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I remain confident that it is the natural flow from collectivism to individualism that is causing the constant collapse and rebuilding of societies.

Instead of "I want this" it should be "we want this", unfortunatly this mindset seems to only be triggered by an outside threat. Perhaps this is why so many (unconsciously) wish for such an event.....

Just guessing here, I'm as clueless as the next man...

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
All the time, I come across posts where people are just hoping and praying for financial collapse or for a major natural disasters to make society collapse.

Why?

Because they are deluded enough to think...

- Get it over with! Like a trip to the dentist, there will be short term pain and after that things will settle down again.
The reality is different - look around the world at collapsed countries and its much more like a case of cancer that simply gets worse every day until you are dead.

- They are prepared. They've "stocked up" and have guns.
The reality is different - look around the world at collapsed countries and see anyone with stock will be killed and looted, and guns will never help againt the government thugs, who simply get crueller and less legal as the situation goes downhill.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I think there are quite a few idiotic posters on this site that want to live out some sort of zombie survivalist fantasy. They think they are equipped to deal with a complete lack of infrastructure, are cocky and self assured. Ignore them, they will get eaten first.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Nice one.

And yeah some posters here are just kids obsesed with zombie apocalypse...

But don't worry the current system wont change that easily because its foundations are so strong that it will be a colosal effort to bring it down.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Why?

What about us young people? We might possibly never have the life that you older people lived, we might never be able to see our children grow in a nice neighborhood with friends at school, living in a nice house. with a tv and everything. Instead we might live the rest of our lives scavenging for food, and desperately searching for water and for shelter, and hiding from the possible gangs of pathetic human beings that will most likely form if such event takes place.

That's not the life I want to live, and that's not the life I want for my kids, I know that the current system we have right now is not perfect but I like to believe that it can be fixed without something horrible happening. I hope for the best and not for doom.

Oh because they think it will be like all their video games and it will be perfect, just like what they dreamed...........not! It will be a nightmare to all. Everybody prepares physically but not mentally, most people will be crying in a corner somewhere losing their damned minds. Have you ever seen someone have a mental breakdown ? I have, I've had one too and it is not pretty.

At first I thought ATS was different from all the doom mongering sites.....it isn't.

Most of the nuts here are crazy enough to brag about preparations, like somebody couldn't find your IP number and find out where you live.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

My advice, pay attention to the members and the posts with substance, Just like in the school yard, ignore the idiots... Even in the real world (probably more so than school) they are everywhere!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

People have fantasies of some post apocalyptic world where they will become as kings, with the added bonus of those they previously disagreed with (rich, poor, Muslims, liberals, blacks, Jews, communists, whoever) being eradicated in the process.

Of course, it won't work like that and everyone will suffer. Total collapse of society on a global scale would be completely catastrophic for humanity, let alone until some even crazier criminals get their hands on some nuclear/biological weapons... we can kiss nearly all life on this planet goodbye. No amount of tinned food and bottled water will protect you from that.

The fact that a young person such as yourself is expressing these emotions and thoughts is a good sign all is not lost. Just keep educating yourself (properly, not buying into every crackpot theory but keep an open mind) and sending a positive message, it's far more important than you realise. Social osmosis is a great method to create change, be what you want the world to be and people will join you.

All the best and thanks for brightening many an ATSer's day.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Goathief because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
reply to post by Domo1

But don't worry the current system wont change that easily because its foundations are so strong that it will be a colosal effort to bring it down.

"The system" does not define a society. It's not the laws that are written, the building build, the achievements made that define a society. It's the mindset of the people in "the system" that define a society. And it's foundations are as strong as the memories of previous generation's struggle for freedom....

Or something like that

Peace

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Don't worry! Non of the " doom scenarios " are going to happen. A few peoples imaginations are running riot, and are being given media placement which is totally out of proportion to the reality.
Remember, no one is interested in good news, we've gone through this before, and will again. Unfortunately, " instant gratification " media rules, and this means people can spread doom and gloom at the touch of a button... Cheer up, and " Always look on the bright side of life "

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I don't wish for a major natural disaster but I do know that god hath provided all that we need and we have always known that currency is merely symbolic. some people have lot's of zeros and they count their zeros and they hold on to their zeros and they move their zeros around and a lot of times they just leave their zeros sitting there where no one else can find them.

They are just zeros people.

Trying to say you're better than me?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Don't worry! Non of the " doom scenarios " are going to happen. A few peoples imaginations are running riot, and are being given media placement which is totally out of proportion to the reality. Remember, no one is interested in good news,
reply to post by MrJohnSmith

I love good news.

Just can´t seem to find any, since you are this positive, I suppose you could guide me towards the good news that is world affecting, and world changing in a positive way.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Most with those ideals have something that can be described as a phoenix hypothesis. They think that the old social structure has to be brought down so that a new better one can rise from the ashes.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
If this new world currency goes through people are going to be saying China's the devil now.

here we #ing go again!

THE GOOGLE FIREWALL!

makes perfect sense now.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
That way the poor chinese scapegoats won't be reading our stupid "China is the antichrist" tweets.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainInstaban

Like it or not, if we want the system to change, there´s going to be more suffering first.

Actually no, it's only your will that makes it so. Just because you are placing artificial limits on what can and cannot be achieved it doesn't mean all of us are.

Society and humanity as a whole are very malleable, as history has shown. This is our gift and why we have come so far from humble beginnings. We still have a very long way to go yet, the want for destruction is something we need to distance ourselves from as we grow as a whole.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
if you take a poll here, it's the young people who can't wait for this to happen.

sad but true.

we need you people to change it, not help the collapse.

us oldies are being labeled terrorists, racists, violent and all kinds of good stuff.

eta; not to mention most aren't even american.

edit on 8-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join