It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londons BURNING!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Not had time to read the whole thread,so apologies if someone has mentioned this in the previous pages but two things occurred to me about these disturbances/riots:

1-The cops have been criticized by the media today about their response(or lack of in some cases).
This led me to speculate-two weeks or so ago the cops were told by Dave Spameron that he is axing 15 000 front line police jobs in his pillaging of the public services/austerity measures.

Are the Met police that demoralized and pissed off,that they were deliberately slow to react to these riots/looting,in order to make the government reconsider the job cuts?

Think of it like a "problem/reaction/solution" operation...

2-Anonymous declared on friday/saturday an operation whereby anyone who wants to act up about whatever they want should do so,and post videos about their actions.

Could some of these rioters be motivated not by the police shooting of Mark Duggan,but by "anonymous?"

Just wondering...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

1-The cops have been criticized by the media today about their response(or lack of in some cases). This led me to speculate-two weeks or so ago the cops were told by Dave Spameron that he is axing 15 000 front line police jobs in his pillaging of the public services/austerity measures.

I never looked at it from that angle.....i dont think this was brought up ealier, i cant be sure as i have not read all the pages lol.

Good angle

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

1-The cops have been criticized by the media today about their response(or lack of in some cases).
This led me to speculate-two weeks or so ago the cops were told by Dave Spameron that he is axing 15 000 front line police jobs in his pillaging of the public services/austerity measures.

Are the Met police that demoralized and pissed off,that they were deliberately slow to react to these riots/looting,in order to make the government reconsider the job cuts?

2-Anonymous declared on friday/saturday an operation whereby anyone who wants to act up about whatever they want should do so,and post videos about their actions.

Could some of these rioters be motivated not by the police shooting of Mark Duggan,but by "anonymous?"

Interesting point of view, I wouldn't doubt that at all, in fact, if I were one of those policemen who found out that 15,000 jobs were being cut I wouldn't do a dam thing either..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I live in London,and have been watching this go down from the start,what we got is every kid in London is on summer school holidays,with no money and nothing to do, they all read doom sites like ATS, were there told the end of the world is coming, world wars , impending doom asteroids/comets coming to kill us all any day now,the world economy collapsing in front of our very eyes .....

This has been waiting to explode for a long time,the rubber band has snapped..... they now have the excuse and momentum to smash the place up... Their is a lot of built up anger in the youth of today that is suppressed in this super stressed out world... They are angry, and this is a excuse to let that anger out....maybe more of us should of done this in the 90's, we may not of been led into false flag globalist wars and slavery to the banksters.

Please tell me, what do these kids have to look forward to ??

Remember these kids are the creation of the society we let happen.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think those youth just need to learn to fear God.

Most people happen to think man is inherently good, but it's really fear of chatisement that keeps man from killing and cheating each other. As man throws away belief in God expect more calls for revolution and violence across the world.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Man, just want to chime in a bit. Been following this from the U.S. as a polite observer, seeing this as British business. My step daughters friend is over there as she married into the military. So I have some interest but
it's easy to see authorities have things well in hand. Letting these people blow off some steam seems the right thing to do. But rioters are usually rather dense about realizing when it's over. That's when things can become
volitile. I'm sure that time must be right on top of them.

Running around with a toy gun ! It's hard to believe some is that ignorant. Sounds like suicide by cop even.
If this is the case ? Then these people have no excuse and authorities need to drop the hammer and protect
life and property. IMO.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Most people happen to think man is inherently good, but it's really fear of chatisement that keeps man from killing and cheating each other. As man throws away belief in God expect more calls for revolution and violence across the world.

A lot of Black families are religious...VERY religious.

link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I know mate, it absolutely crazy and so far removed from what most people understand.
I really don't know what the solution is.... but It's not just locking people up, cutting funds... painting them all in a bad light and just turning a blind eye wont work.

This is about communities, parenting, poverty, education, options, funding, opportunities and giving these kids some hope... unfortunately most people don't care and the government wont fund anything.

We're kinda screwed mate.

link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I don't know what the solutions are, youth services have pretty much been wiped out nation wide, there's no money for these types of programs any more.

I'm sick of hearing people bemoan the lack of youth services. I wonder how we managed in my day without the computers and all the activities you see nowadays? Setting up more youth services is like trying to fix a leaky tap by sticking your finger over the spout.
I used to live in a very affluent area next to a youth club. The doting parents would drop off their offspring who would then slope off into a nearby park for a spot of cider drinking with their mates. We dreaded youth club night as that's when our street got vandalised The problem certainly wasn't lack of money or facilities!
You hit the nail on your head early on in your post. We've brought up a generation of selfish little toe rags brought up on a diet of violent video games with TV as a babysitter. They think the world owes them a living. Proper families, proper discipline and a sea change in values is the answer. It won't fix the rot overnight though - even if it were possible.
edit on 8-8-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by nakiannunaki

What !

posting videos of UK hiphop as evidence of the reason why the youths of londons suburbs are the way they are is rubbish!
You cant blame these artists or hiphop in general for the creation of mislead youths.

Poverty and lack of jobs or education are the reasons why!

These artists are wrtiting lyrics about the illls of society , and are pointing out the satire in youth culture .
they are not gloryfying it !

Much like hiphop artist masta ace , who wrote the album slaughtahouse as a satire on US gang violence and the media spin on hiphop and gun violence !

Just so you are aware the videos i posted are not Hip Hop they are Grime there is a big difference in styles and genres.

Secondly they are not writing lyrics about the ills of society or pointing out the satire in youth culture..
They are saying if you come in to my neighbourhood i will shoot you and shank you (stab you).

Living in Hackney this is the attitude of most gangs.. they don't care about anything. They just want to be violent and gain gang respect by doing the most atrocious acts of cruelty.

You're right. Grime is the lowest of the low.

It's like Britains answer to crunk, only with more "gangsters" and "criminals".

Pretty much all grime artists talk about killing people and how 'ard they are, and how big they are "on road", and how they're going to shank your Mum with a steak knife

Proper British hip hop is completely different. Guys like Jehst and Skinnyman wrote about social deprivation and youth culture. The rappers you posted are just British gangster-rappers, with less flow and a worse ear for beats.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

How can you steal and injure and kill knowing hell is real?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I'm not an alarmist - but if this continues for a few more days, I predict a strange of strategy by the security forces. The UK government / police will not want to lose face here.

Does anyone else believe they may bring out armed guards?

I hope it stops soon because the more it goes on, the further this will spread.

People outside of London will see the thugs in London and want to outdo them and get in on the violence and looting themselves.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

How can you steal and injure and kill knowing hell is real?

Id say...ask the crusaders
lol

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

They were probably ignorant of their religion then. Can such an excuse really be used now?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Norway shooting....hes a christian.....a Knights Templar.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I have to agree ,i live in liverpool and the plod are stopping and searching everyone (creating crime) so as to justify their jobs,they could of done this at any time and got the same results but now they can go to their bosses and say "look at all this crime thats going on, you cant sack us". its getting to the point were i can see these riots becoming commonplace across the country soon.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

Norway shooting....hes a christian.....a Knights Templar.

Did he fear God and hell though?

Most people no longer have a fear of being punished for their wrongdoings.

These youth need that it seems.
edit on 8-8-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

There's nothing poor about these morons, they probably couldn't spell poor, let alone know how to practice it. They are nothing more than materialistic, self serving, lazy parasites who think society owes them a free ride. They stand for nothing, they are losers and that's all they'll ever amount too, until someone comes a long and pops a cap in their ass.

edit on 8-8-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Watching the live footgae in hackney, it seems like there's a few coppers at the wrong end of the street, and they're happy to sit there, while a hundred yards or so down the street, people are smashing up the local ladbrooks. Community policing in action. There's not many people there, but you can bet your shirt that there will be more by tonight.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Just wondering...

NO!

Put the leader of Anonymous in front of these people and he'd be stripped down to his boxers and robbed without a second thought
edit on 8-8-2011 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join