It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan rebels embrace U.S. and its flag

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
link
Yes Libyan rebels embrace U.S.A and to be a Good Puppet Slave to. if you believe this sicking report

Benghazi residents show a love of all things American, from pop culture to gadgets to fast food. And American flags are common at rallies in Benghazi, in recognition of U.S. support for the rebel cause.

Keish decided to bring along a flag. It wasn't the ubiquitous Libyan rebel flag that flutters at every downtown rally. He chose the American flag — the Stars and Stripes — on a long, heavy pole.

More American flags have begun to pop up at opposition rallies and outside shops. Some young men sport ball caps emblazoned with a small U.S. flag and the New York Yankees logo.

Anti-Kadafi graffiti that dominates the Benghazi cityscape occasionally includes the American flag or pro-U.S. slogans. Schoolchildren occasionally place the Stars and Stripes in their anti-Kadafi drawings.

If U.S. policy is generally admired here, America's cultural appeal is off the charts. American websites, cellphones, videos, music, clothing, cars and movies are immensely popular among the young men who form the core of the rebels' volunteer force. American pop culture is also popular in Arab countries less enamored of U.S. policy.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

They are doing it with The Union Flag also:-

my.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

that's sickening
whoever is behind this brainwashing i have to admit they sure doing quite job.
when will the people in east Libya rise up and overthrow the imperialists?

I guess that wouldn't will never happen, since they are now printing fake money out of thin air

edit on 7-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"We'll support you with weapons, money, food, medicine, Global sympathy and whatever else you need. As long as you hold up the US flag for the World to see like in the Hollywood Movies. This will sell the World on OUR...oops...I mean YOUR agenda."

Now all we have to do is find out who uttered these words because they may not have been said in the exact same way and the US Media Machine wouldn't be allowed to air the exchange but it was said...guaranteed.

NATO, CIA, UN?

edit on 7-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Last I heard the rebel stronghold is slowly falling apart.......

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Its kinda obvious now isn't it. The US wanted to destabilise the middle east region and make the new leaders their puppets so that none of them can touch Israel and that they can claim all the oil in the middle east.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

To be honest NATO troops are definitely down there helping the few rebels there is.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
They're fonder of France than UK/US put together - "Merci Sarkozy"

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by bluemirage5

To be honest NATO troops are definitely down there helping the few rebels there is.

That's what opposition sources are saying. Their own SF being accompanied by serving members of a certain regiment and scooping up people, ostensibly pro-Gaddafi types but I think we all know who they're after.

Few rebels? What are you on about?
edit on 7/8/11 by Soshh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Still anti- Gaddafi? You still have a lot to learn, young padawan,

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
reply to post by Soshh

Still anti- Gaddafi? You still have a lot to learn, young padawan,

Considerably less than you I'm sure. Since when have I been anti-Gaddafi? Are you making assumptions based on the fact that I'm not waxing lyrical about Brother-Leader Meltyface and the evil Western Imperialists?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Since when did "anti-Ghaddafi" become a bad thing? Maybe I've been on a boat for the last 30 years, but when did he suddenly become a folk hero?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

when did "anti-Ghaddafi" become a bad thing? Maybe I've been on a boat for the last 30 years, but when did he suddenly become a folk hero?

I could say the same things about the rebels who are paid terrorists, the rest of the world hates America and Britain since when did these self serving George Soros,Rothschild rebels became embraceable to American flag and the British union jack flag?

Maybe the next thing they would do is make an obama Statue while they are at it.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
People like agent here think he glides on rainbows and shoots glitter out of his ass. Either that or they are on Ghaddafi's payroll. Why else would anyone support him.

Maybe they like to watch the televised executions he holds or the public hangings.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Either that or they are on Ghaddafi's payroll. Why else would anyone support him. Maybe they like to watch the televised executions he holds or the public hangings.

First all if i am on Ghaddafi's payroll where is my million dollars?

Why else would anyone support him

I could say the same thing about you supporting these murderers terrorists NATO/American/British Backed Rebels.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

The rebels don't have a 30 year history of murder and abuse.

Ghaddafi does and it's time for him to go. Finally the people there realize that and it's good to see these dictators fall as they should.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

The rebels don't have a 30 year history of murder and abuse. Ghaddafi does and it's time for him to go. Finally the people there realize that and it's good to see these dictators fall as they should.

The rebels don't have a 30 year history of murder and abuse

typical rubbish from you pro rebel supporter

Ghaddafi does and it's time for him to go. Finally the people there realize that and it's good to see these dictators fall as they should.

NATO is a dictator and so is the west in its own rightfully terms.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Yep and the Nato dictator is getting ready to cut the head of your beloved Ghaddafi so your just gonna have to get used to it.

You lose so you'll have to find someone else to support. I hear Chavez is looking for anti-americans support.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Ah yes but then again Libya will be a puppet to the west again if the terrorists in east Libya do actually win, the last time i checked the tribes in benghazi don't support your terrorist friends.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Last I heard the rebel stronghold is slowly falling apart.......

You want to provide evidence for that weasel word statement? like a link or something i mean i know the death of younis resulted in the government of Libya catching the ones responsible for his killing and prolly some riots with daffy's sympathizer but without links.... kinda redundant.

Oh and by the way another Allie in africa/middle east wouldn't do you guys any harm seeing as pritty much the only allie you have is Israel and we all know how that relationship goes. Israel "need moar high tech weapons to "defend ourselves from glorified fireworks"" US "okaies just don't cause a s***sstorm" Israel "LOL we cn do w/e we want without criticism because we are god's chosen children lol" US "Y-yessir a-anything else we can get you?"

Sickens me.

(Please note the above transcript is not at all acurate it is my opinion of how the US bends over backwards for israfail please also note that the OP doesn't realise the delicious irony that we continue to support israfail with advanced weaponry jet fuel military training and tanks yet the US provides support roles in libya and all of a sudden it's diplorable and shocking that anyone in the middle east could have the audacityr to think act or VOTE for what they want and the ideals that they choose.)

/RAGE

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well you are certainly correct about that and I believe that is their main purpose. They want more control in the middle east and I don't see a problem with that.

However you can't demonize the rebels without also doing the same to Ghaddafi who is every bit as guilty of the same things the rebels have done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join