It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from Anonymous: Operation Facebook, Nov 5 2011

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
if they really want to destroy facebook completely, gather evidence that facebook is selling personal information to the government.

it would be a HUGE news story and people would boycott.

Not really its already been done dude, It's been all over the news before that facebook was selling information to the government....did anyone care? NO did anyone take notice? HELL NO

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

It doesnt matter if they get hacked and destroyed. The site would go down for a few hours, maybe a day, and they would just restore from backup.. Facebook is so rich that the financial impact will not be enough to harm it in any way.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I watched the documentary The Social Network and can confidently say that all of this is a conspiracy against Jesse Eisenberg, the creator of TheFacebook.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Scary...some nerds with computers are going to 'hack and destroy' Facebook. What a bunch of crap. Seriously, any information the government might possibly need from you, they have. Remember? They GAVE you your social security number. LOL. What could facebook actually 'sell' to the government that might have any real consequence to me?

My address? They have it, I like receiving mail. Thanks US Postal Service!

My SS#? Facebook doesn't have that, but the government does. They issued it.

My phone number? It's listed pretty much everywhere, I'm in marketing and that's how I pay the bills.

My activities? LOL, What would the government gain from knowing my wakeboard schedule or wedding plans? Nothing.

My credit rating? They have that by way of being the ones who CREATED the rest of my identifying numbers.

The only thing Facebook is guilty of being part of free-capital economy. Like I said, I'm i marketing and Facebook is a valuable tool that makes my job a bit more efficient when I'm looking to hire people. It also makes it a little easier staying in touch with business contacts and networking new deals and events together.

So ANONYMOUS, if you enjoy your friends having the ability to find jobs via facebook, sell and purchase goods via Facebook marketplace, or even like attending your favorite concert venue or charity function...Facebook is a valueable tool used in organizing all of that.

ANONYMOUS...lol, bunch of douche bags in their parents basements somewhere. What a joke.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
if they really want to destroy facebook completely, gather evidence that facebook is selling personal information to the government.

it would be a HUGE news story and people would boycott.

Not really its already been done dude, It's been all over the news before that facebook was selling information to the government....did anyone care? NO did anyone take notice? HELL NO

What were they selling? Seriously, I want to know what information Facebook has that you could possibly list that could benefit the government in any way, shape, or form?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

all due respect X, cause you know I do
I completely see where you're coming from

the ultimate goal however, would be to get people to wake up to the cause
I spend more time than I like trying to convince people they shouldn't be posting things that they're posting

My very own cousin got a man put in jail due to Facebook posts... and she still posts nonsense
I wash my hands of her

However, since the majority congregate at facebook - a brief denial of service MIGHT make an impact

though I am absolutely positive it would be a small percentage
A small percentage of a large number, is itself, a large number

But I still don't think this is on the Anonymous agenda
It doesn't really fit into their usual MO

The prevalent attitude throughout this thread makes me very confident any attack on FB would be generally pointless and/or counter productive.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

and you dont get people to wake up to opression by shooting them in the head either.

They are going after facebook why?
They are dictating to people to find another social media source why?

They rail against the government, and then turn around and do the exact same actions they railed against the government for why?

Its like the idiotic attack on law enforcement websites. They demand transparency yet hide behind the internet. They hate the laws yet fail to do anything to get them changed.

They have no idea how government works, and they dont care. They arent here to protect the people either. They are using the peope to push their agenda, exactly what they accuse the government of doing.
edit on 7-8-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I don't like, if someone decides what's best for me.

If I want to use Facebook, I want it. And I'd hate it, if Anonymous told me, I shall not, because it's bad for me.

If they destroy Facebook, they take away people's choice to care for their own.

If they'd like to do something for the people, they'd inform them. Not shut them silent.

If they destroy facebook to do something good for the people, they're no better than any police state who claims to have to minimize freedom to guarantee the safety of the people.

But who knows? Maybe it just isn't Anonymous who wants to destroy Facebook, but all those who got pissed, because in Facebook millions of people found a way to gather and organize resistance...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

How the hell should I know am I the government? Most likely any information they can get....DUH!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

How the hell should I know am I the government? Most likely any information they can get....DUH!

You shouldn't be posting anything you don't know about then. The government CREATES YOUR INFORMATION...why would they need to buy it from Facebook?

Seriously, is this was the community of ATS is becoming?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

sigh
again

no one has even proven this is on the anonymous agenda

but they're stronger than I am

I give up already.

I hope the entire internet goes down at this point

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I remember using BBS's (before the internet). When the "World Wide Web" was created by our government, I knew it was just a tool to spy on us. And I've always believed that too much information in the wrong hands can be dangerous. This is what the internet has done to us. Most businesses, our money, infrastructure, government, etc is completely dependent on the internet. Why put all your eggs in one basket when that basket could dissolve with just one EMP burst?

I unfortunately had a Facebook account at one time and "deleted" it, but I was only trying to promote my music. I guess it doesn't matter if you enter your personal information. They have your IP address and that's all they need to find you.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain

You shouldn't be posting anything you don't know about then. The government CREATES YOUR INFORMATION...why would they need to buy it from Facebook?

As if 50% of the people post on here about sh*t they actually know about, come on preach at me some more!

But while im at it....let me guess... Proof or it didnt happen?
edit on 7-8-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain

As if 50% of the people post on here about sh*t they actually know about, come on preach at me some more!

You're probably twelve aren't you. Intelligent complex thinking and reasoning via deductive logic is something learned with age and education. If I'm going to preach to you about anything it would be to advance your education so you might one day be able to keep up.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

sigh
again

no one has even proven this is on the anonymous agenda

but they're stronger than I am

I give up already.

I hope the entire internet goes down at this point

Whether its the anonymous group or not is irrelevant at this point to be honest.

No they are not stronger than you or anyone else. The only way they think they are is when people just give up and let them win. The same argument holds truye for the government.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

If you was looking for terroritsts in your country, would you look at the information YOU created or the information THEY created? People like you are the reason why we are here right now, Innocent until proven.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Sure whatever you say, do you want me to bow at your most awesomeness?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Whether its the anonymous group or not is irrelevant at this point to be honest.

That I can agree with.
I just can't agree with the Anon bashing because its a simple idea of freedom that goes back to the hippie generation.

What real hackers or script kiddies do to bring it attention... we can debate the schematics all we want - it doesn't change the end result.

The truth is, we can't wake people up. I keep trying.... but its exhausting. I have to support anything that throws a wrench into anyones comfort zones at this point. I don't see "reasoning" being effective.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
....Is it November 5th yet? Wonder what it would take to move that date to hmmmm tommorow maybe?.....works for me!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Let me start by saying that I'm Anonymous and I'm NOT on board! This is absolute insanity! Facebook helps our cause! Destroying facebook will sever a lifeline! It gets rid of a channel of communication. Even I think that this is crazy!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join