It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from Anonymous: Operation Facebook, Nov 5 2011

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It has been a long time coming, yes the NSA also collects all personnel information and has a profile on every fb user as well. This is even more sobering to note. Even if you delete your fb now all your information will still be backed up in the system. THEY know everything about YOU. Also notice the heavy censorship fb has been practicing especially when it comes to Anonymous. When the day comes fb is no more one shalt rejoice... people will have to leave the couch and actually communicate with family and friends verbally. No more technocracy. THAT is if they still remember how to talk. I even observed a couple having a lovers spat on fb while siting across the room with one another.

death to fb

Anonymous is Legion.
Anonymous does not forgive.
Anonymous does not forget.
Expect us.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓
▓░████░░░░░░░░░░████░▓
▓░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░░░▓
▓▒░░░░░░░▓░░▓░░░░░░░▒▓
▓░▒████▒░▓░░▓░▒████▒░▓
▓▒░░░░░░░▓░░▓░░░░░░░▒▓
▓░░░░░░░░▓░░▓░░░░░░░░▓
▓░░░░░░░▓▒░░▒▓░░░░░░░▓
▓░░░░░░▓░▒░░▒░▓░░░░░░▓
▓▒▒▒▒▒░▓░░░░░░▓░▒▒▒▒▒▓
▓░░█░░░░▒████▒░░░░█░░▓
▓░░▒██████▒▒██████▒░░▓
▓░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▓
▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓
▓▓░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░▓▓
▓▓▓░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓░░░░░░██░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░██░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
None of us are as cruel as all of us!

edit on 8-8-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
its about time the plight that is facebook is wiped out from this rock. i wonder how many LOIC's are in orbit as we speak.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Doax919 because: eating a taco forgot to type last half.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE

Originally posted by Trueman
All idiots I know have facebook accounts. None of them know ATS. That is for me solid evidence.

Thank you for calling me an idiot.

Haha....no way brother, you are an ATS member. The idiots I mention don't know about ATS, they only need something like facebook to create a fake social life. Here, we try to use internet for a higher purpose.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
So they're declaring war on Facebook? Yawn...lets see how well they do.
If people want to share every detail of their personal lives on fb why bother stopping them...

if its true that facebook are selling your information to government and people are unaware of this..then thats the point

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by eddy2258
Its probably some dumbass teens, that think they can hack, and are going to try to have something done by nov 5th. but if theyd be oh so mighty at what they want to do, i dont think they would need 3 months to do so..

and people i agree with all of you on the privacy issues, but with the world that we have today we cant have any privacy, just because you have nothing to hide your going to go against the issue, but theres reasons why they do it.
edit on 6-8-2011 by eddy2258 because: (no reason given)

Or they are so good, that they give 3 months notice to facebook to protect themselfs.
We need to change the world we live...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
There are big riots happening in London right now because the police shot an unarmed civilian and tried to make out that he fired first, yet some BS that Anonymous have come up with is the most popular topic? People need to get their priorities straight.

From what I have seen the shooting was justified... Do you have a link to a current topic where the shooting itself is in question?

Thanks

Try this www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
So what was the verdict, are we all going to be able to rejoice at the death of facebook or?

Someone pls tell me facebook is going down for good, plsssss.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

There's plety of privacy on FB...

Someone stalking you on FB, you change your Privacy settings so they cant see what you say, who your friends are, where you live or work...

FB has it's uses...!! Some people prefer not to spend $300 on a long distance phone call or wait 3 months for letter to arrive and be replied to.. Some people are isolted and need contact with the oputside world..

LOL Stalin didn't like his people communicating with the outside world... so I just have to wonder whats the game with Anon...

Sofar, I have been a staunch supporter of Anon.. but if they do this, I will have little to no respect for them at all. I would even go so far as to report anyone I know who might be involved with Anon...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
lol not your beloved facebook, bring it down I say. Then move onto more important issues like bringing down corrupt governments
edit on 8-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
for those of you who dont believe that facebook do this, slap yourself in the face twice no three times....

Imagine a database with nearly every single person on the planet on it, you've got birthdays, events, week-end plans, you basically have the most thurough ID ever and you dont think the govs dont use it.......

FOURTH SLAP

PEACE

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

People who do not like change? # needs to change or we all continue down this same path. Facebook is a super power like google and amazon. Taking it down sends the message, we will not put up with your BS and truly shows power in numbers. If you can't accept a different social networking site, how can you accept a new government? Or do you think the current government is just fine?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by Forevever

There's plety of privacy on FB...

Someone stalking you on FB, you change your Privacy settings so they cant see what you say, who your friends are, where you live or work...

Yes, and every time they add a new app and reset, they privacy settings revert back to default. Open to all, no privacy, till you log back in and reset it. Haven't been reading the links much, have you?

Not to mention the back door apps from phones, friends that add other people that you do not know, the list goes on and on. People really have 5,543 friends?

And my parents always told me when growing up, if you can count the amount of friends you have on one hand, you are lucky, indeed.

Where I come from, aquaintances are not friends. Aquaintances may make you popular on FB, but they won't be there when you really need someone. Most people don't even *know* most of the people on their FB pages.

And you know that guy that is on every FB account as a *friend*? Hello.

FB has it's uses...!! Some people prefer not to spend $300 on a long distance phone call or wait 3 months for letter to arrive and be replied to.. Some people are isolted and need contact with the oputside world..

If they have FB, they have email, which is just as fast and a LOT more private, especially if you encrypt.

*shakes head*

edit on 8-8-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Xterrain

How the hell should I know am I the government? Most likely any information they can get....DUH!

You shouldn't be posting anything you don't know about then. The government CREATES YOUR INFORMATION...why would they need to buy it from Facebook?

Seriously, is this was the community of ATS is becoming?

*sigh*

The Government can, if they desire, use the information from FB to gather evidence on people they consider "terrorists", remember, white, middle class flag wavers, gun carrying idiots clinging to their guns and bibles? Your own words on a "private" conversation can be used against you in a court of law. If you cannot see how that can be twisted, then you are one of the addicted ones.

The sales aren't to the government, they are to email marketting companies that sell bulk email, AKA *spam*. Targetted advertising based on your "likes" and "dislikes", prying into your privacy to *sell* you more of China's crap.

Like someone else said, they can't really *destroy* anything, I assure you they are backed up 6 ways to Sunday. It might put a crimp in your addiction for a day or two, but that's all. Be soothed, things will be fine. *pats you on the head* Now go back and tell everyone your private business and hope that someone doesn't plan to frame you for a crime youdidn't commit using your information against you.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

That’s your view on Facebook. Personally I see it like a good night at the local pub. You meet some new people. Some you may not like but others you strike a chord with. Maybe you have travelled to the same places around the world. Maybe you ride the same motorbike. Whatever. It’s all a bit of fun.

I can never understand why people are so precious about who can be their friend on Facebook. I mean, I understand you may not want every Tom, Dick and Harry posting on your wall etc. but ultimately, if you have material posted on there that you don't want just anyone to see (because we've established that everyone is looking anyway), then I suggest you are one of those who doesn't understand the flimsy 'privacy' on offer at Facebook, nor how far this material actually travels.

And with that we go back to the meaning of this thread.

I don't use it for anything too serious. If I accept or add someone I don’t like then I can delete them. Just the same way as I probably won’t have a game of pool at the pub with the guy who ended up spending the whole night rattling off random Star Trek quotes…

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
anon seem to be trying to annoy as many members of the public they can. Strange tactic.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Aww..poor people somebody is going to take your fb and life away from you!!!
WIll you be lost and not know what to do?
These sites are a convinient, cheap, easy way for them to gather information about you WITHOUT your permission.
Just for that, it should be reason enough to be pissed off with them even if you dont have anything to hide!
They want and need the people out of physical touch with others because then they are vulnerable.
Remember "together we stand"?
Why do you think all these sites are so doodly doo and inviting?
Sorry if I hurt a few or more feelings in here, but I think that still a lot of people should wake up and smell the roses.
As for the anons...who said war was fair?

People go out, meet other people, do things, have a life and be stronger. That is what they fear...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I hope they do bring down FB,we will be better off.

Its not going to bother me,bring down the whole internet for all i care..

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Who are you to think to know what's best for us?

I don't like, if someone decides what's best for me.

If I want to use Facebook, I want it. And I'd hate it, if Anonymous told me, I shall not, because it's bad for me.

If they destroy Facebook, they take away people's choice to care for their own.

If they'd like to do something for the people, they'd inform them. Not shut them silent.

If they destroy facebook to do something good for the people, they're no better than any police state who claims to have to minimize freedom to guarantee the safety of the people.

With proclamations like "We wish to get your attention, hoping you heed the warnings as follows:
Your medium of communication you all so dearly adore will be destroyed." Anonymous for sure will get attention.

But by destroying Facebook, they will not just gain some new friends, but also a lot more new enemies.

I'll be one of them, although I liked Anonymous until this day.

But I don't need another big brother who thinks to know what's good for me.

And dear Unknown Soldier:

You say: "people will have to leave the couch and actually communicate with family and friends verbally."

Try to imagine there are people who are many miles away from their family and friends, who can't just leave the couch and actually communicate with family and friends verbally. Try to imagine, that social networks like FB for some people are a very important possibility to stay in contact with the rest of the world.

And let me tell you one thing: I don't care what government does know about me! Much more, I'd like to let them know how pissed I'm about them!!!

For some time I thought, wearing a mask and playing the bad guys Nemesis would be cool.

But it isn't, it is just cowardly.

I now prefer to fight out in the open.

Like those people in Egypt who indeed did make a change...

And guess what they had to say about Facebook?

"I want to meet Mark Zuckerberg one day and thank him [...] I'm talking on behalf of Egypt. [...] This revolution started online. This revolution started on Facebook. This revolution started [...] in June 2010 when hundreds of thousands of Egyptians started collaborating content. We would post a video on Facebook that would be shared by 60,000 people on their walls within a few hours. I've always said that if you want to liberate a society just give them the Internet. [...]"

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The real revolution isn't fought on the Internet. But out on the streets.

But I bet, the bravery of all those armchair revolutionaries isn't as bulletproof as the idea they hide themselves behind.

(I'm sorry, I really liked Anonymous, but when Anon starts showing such an arrogance as portrayed in the OP, we have to part ways)

edit on 8/8/11 by Peloquin because: spellings

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This is interesting #Opfacebook some thing is going to happen but its not on the 5th of November....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Facebook is just a brand. The concept of a social network with profile walls by itself is awesome.
The concept can't die. If there won't be a facebook left people will probably move on to google+ which is even worse than facebook. We learn from our mistakes every day, maybe the government and the developers will learn from them.If not, we are in for a very concerning future.

People who say facebook is not so bad because they can easily reach family and friends are right.
Facebook is a machine which abuses this power.

The government didn't make facebook popular as it is right now, people did. Without people, its worthless.
The government saw a chance and they took it.

edit on 8/8/2011 by Spotless because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join