It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from Anonymous: Operation Facebook, Nov 5 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Message from Anonymous: Operation Facebook, Nov 5 2011

youranonnews.tumblr.com

Operation Facebook

DATE: November 5, 2011.

TARGET: facebook.com...

Press:
Twitter : twitter.com...
piratepad.net...
Irc.Anonops.Li #OpFaceBook
Attention citizens of the world,

We wish to get your attention, hoping you heed the warnings as follows:
Your medium of communication you all so dearly adore will be destroyed. If you are a willing hacktivist or a guy who just wants to protect the freedom of information then join the cause and kill facebook for the sake of your own privacy.

Facebook has been selling information to gove
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
youranonnews.tumblr.com
www.youtube.com
www.physorg.com
itgrunts.com

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Very little info is given, but according to the video if true, november 5th will be "Operation Facebook."

I don't use facebook, but i agree with the video, its know fact that people use facebook to gather information, and some profit from it. The issue i see here is that the sheepie who are using facebook don't care if their info is out there, they are the ones who put it there in the first place, meaning this operation would be pretty useless. I suspect it will just be yet another script kitty DDOS attack, probability using their new tool i've heard about.

We will have to wait and see...

youranonnews.tumblr.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-8-2011 by doom27 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
So they're declaring war on Facebook? Yawn...lets see how well they do.
If people want to share every detail of their personal lives on fb why bother stopping them...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by doom27

When inserting a video, only include the video ID # - if you still have issues - add "&feature_related" afterwards. Works everytime

example using your video: SWQTS8zqYXU&feature_related

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I put up a thread on Facebook a few hours ago - if you watch this 2 min vid you'll see why they're hacking them off.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I can't judge whether or not this is Anonymous cause I don't care enough about facebook to look into it

however, I will say that they are absolutely correct - there is no privacy on facebook, or anywhere - even after you delete your account - (ATS members recently found a deleted FB account in google cache, among other sites)

So I'm gonna go head and support this message. People need to wake up to the fact that they're being watched. There is no such thing as internet privacy, I don't care how much you paid for it.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Its probably some dumbass teens, that think they can hack, and are going to try to have something done by nov 5th. but if theyd be oh so mighty at what they want to do, i dont think they would need 3 months to do so..

and people i agree with all of you on the privacy issues, but with the world that we have today we cant have any privacy, just because you have nothing to hide your going to go against the issue, but theres reasons why they do it.
edit on 6-8-2011 by eddy2258 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
If people cared about there privacy they wouldn't use facebook anymore.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Deja`Vu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
For years i've believed a group will hack Facebook and destroy it. Once its gone the majority of people wont bother rebuilding their profiles If it's vulnerable to being wiped out. An attack like this will destroy the social networking culture.

It will bring an enormous amount of law agency scrutiny, I think we forget the amount of money companies have invested in building profiles. Social media is a large part of many businesses public relations strategy

If that investment is lost overnight by criminal actions these companies will want blood.
edit on 6-8-2011 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

So I'm gonna go head and support this message. People need to wake up to the fact that they're being watched.
People write every single detail of their personal lives on the INTERNET and they should be outraged to find that information has been abused? What the hell did they expect to happen? As I said, I think it's their own fault for making so much information about themselves so easily available. To cry about the inevitable is childish.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ok I dont like anonymous....Yea I know some will give me crap for it but honestly they are annoying. They "attack" these sites but they are indirectly affecting others who are innocent! The whole pay pal thing they did was BS. They hurt people, they didn't help them. What was the point??

I know what they are trying to do and I get that. I agree with it.

I use FB and I don't care what they do to it. Yes I will be annoyed as hell if something happens to it on this day but I won't die from it. If someone gets that upset over them messing with FB they need to get a life.

So I shall sit here and see what happens on this day in November...as long as it doesnt ruin my Bday the following week Im good

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
if they really want to destroy facebook completely, gather evidence that facebook is selling personal information to the government.

it would be a HUGE news story and people would boycott.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I've heard stories that websites such as Google and Facebook have custom interfaces for Government agencies. It wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Why would they announce the day of the attack? I'm sure Anon is working faster than that so they can have the government restrict everything on the internet..... It's like Anon can't wait to stop internet freedom fast enough, go ahead guys get a move on, do exactly what the gov wants you to do and hurt a lot of people along the way.... This is Anon's policy!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by eddy2258
Its probably some dumbass teens, that think they can hack, and are going to try to have something done by nov 5th. but if theyd be oh so mighty at what they want to do, i dont think they would need 3 months to do so..

They wouldn't need 3 months to do it. They're just giving advance warning so enough people can read and either help or get off FB by that date.

Also, I seem to be of the opinion that you don't understand the significance in history of November 5th.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Speaking of Anonymous and facebook. A friend of mine posted these pics on my wall today.

www.killmydaynow.com...

I'm not sure if anyone has posted it in any of the Anon threads here or not but its pretty funny!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

So I'm gonna go head and support this message. People need to wake up to the fact that they're being watched.
People write every single detail of their personal lives on the INTERNET and they should be outraged to find that information has been abused? What the hell did they expect to happen? As I said, I think it's their own fault for making so much information about themselves so easily available. To cry about the inevitable is childish.

I agree with you - but the masses aren't all that swift when left to their own devices.

If no one ever told them, or instead, lulled them into a false sense of security, how can they be blamed?

Why shouldn't we take responsibility to educate people? I've been preaching to people forever not to ever put anything online they don't want out there. Are you telling them? I'd bet you are. But you can't reach them all, neither can I.... So why not let people who can, get their attention?
edit on 6-8-2011 by Forevever because: poor wording

link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Why would they announce the day of the attack?

Their earlier ops and street protests announced a planned date so those who supported could be there.

2nd

+1 more 
link   
The whole thing with anonymous now has just become ridiculous.

People that are on facebook know full well that the details they put on there aren't private and have done for years, as for "selling info to the government" what is it that facebook know about people that the government can't already have access to through other means? I hardly think that the government knowing that I just watched then nomnomnom cat video 23 times in a row is a great risk to my personal security.

Anons whole model is based on being able to spread their message for free through sites like facebook twitter and youtube, without them they would be literally nothing

edit on 6-8-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The whole pay pal thing they did was BS. They hurt people, they didn't help them.
lol, they did? I can't remember ever being affected by their PayPal thing. And I use PayPal like at least once a day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join