It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message from Anonymous: Operation Facebook, Nov 5 2011

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, I have to admit Anon has a point. It is true, when something is free, the price you pay is actually, your freedom to privacy.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
OMG, I just relized ANON knocked out PS3.
IT took over a month to get the system back.
They shoulda took out XBOX live. They charge you an arm and a leg.

LOTZA LUV

Better down load my pics from FB LOL

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Spotless

Wow. Thanks for calling me a troll. I guess the number of stars I have compared to the number of posts I've made doesn't mean anything to you?

And no. It doesn't concern me r.e. the backup system. I fully understand what I post on Facebook pretty much no longer belongs to me. Thats why nothing important goes into my Facebook account.
edit on 7/8/11 by TRiPWiRE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
good..they should kill twitter as well

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Man, they take away my fb and I might have to start playing Diablo again just for something to do!

Hey Anonymous, why not go attack something worth attacking instead of my FB....although come to think of it, I guess FB is pretty important to some people, me included, I guess I better back up the photos I got on there huh...

That sux....

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
anybody that actually posts their personal information on Facebook needs a lesson on The Internet 101!

all facebook users have the option to put up their personal phone numbers and addresses etc.

You never actually HAVE to its these morons that willingly do so and then b**** about their information being stolen that should not be using it at all

then again i kinda wanna see how they're gonna bring it down...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There are big riots happening in London right now because the police shot an unarmed civilian and tried to make out that he fired first, yet some BS that Anonymous have come up with is the most popular topic? People need to get their priorities straight.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rationalistswagger
good..they should kill twitter as well

Why because you dont like it or agree with it?

If thats the line of thought then lolzsec and anonymous and a few others should be killed because they dont like the things I lilke.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam
There are big riots happening in London right now because the police shot an unarmed civilian and tried to make out that he fired first, yet some BS that Anonymous have come up with is the most popular topic? People need to get their priorities straight.

From what I have seen the shooting was justified... Do you have a link to a current topic where the shooting itself is in question?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You folks actually believe they are doing it for the American citizens sake?

They are doing it because they can. Bragging rights. Nothing more. They couldn't care less if your personal data is secure. I am still amused people stick up for these socially challenged misfits.

They are also foolhardy if they announce a date. This won't end well.. for them.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

What is the plan, isn't actually the true Anonymous, because there are some videos from Anon attacking the site for having moderators, having to make an account to post in the forums, technically not actually being as anonymous as their their supporters believe, and so on. At least, that's my impression of your take on the subject.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

Thanks for that.

I did wonder about the need to join up & sign in. That seems to go against what Anonymous 'stand for'.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE

Wow. Thanks for calling me a troll. I guess the number of stars I have compared to the number of posts I've made doesn't mean anything to you?

No problem. Have a blast with your cynical sarcasm.
Why would you think that the number of starts would mean anything to me ?
Its just like with religion. If a lot of people believe in something that doesn't mean its not BS.

"I fully understand what I post on Facebook pretty much no longer belongs to me."
It's cool that you're fine with that, but i'm not. Things you post can be used against you if needed you know.
I don't use facebook. I've made money from it though. I know marketers who made hundreds of thousands of dollars overnight with a picture of Justin Bieber smoking a pipe. But that is just people like me and you. All the money making took place during the 2010 now IM's are moving along. What i learned through that time is that privacy in FB doesn't exist. You could give you link to anyone where by clicking a single button (not fb releated) a script would bypass the facebook allow pop-up and post anything on your wall. You would not see the post, only your friends would. And this is what a regular internet joe can do ( everything i just told is available on some forums for free ). This is my personal experience with FB and im staying away from as much as possible.

Facebook has face recognition software. If you're using skype fb will suggest everyone from your contacts as a possible friend on facebook (list doesn't end with skype). Did you know that US government was seeking for software to mass create fake social networking profiles ?
Its an ultimate surveilance tool. Deny ignorance dude

EDIT: You know London has tens of thousands of CCTV cameras for stopping crime ofc and NY wants to adopt the same cameras network. The guy who created london riots thread told that he was watching the riots live and he can't give any footage to the public or he'd loose his job. Those cameras capture a persons living in london face a few thousand times per day. If for some reason government needs to know stuff about you, i'm pretty sure they could tell you how you spent your day a week ago better than your family. Just something to think about.

I like this artwork by a well knows artist banksy.

Maybe i should sketch one up " One nation under facebook ".
edit on 7/8/2011 by Spotless because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
From all the problems in the world today, Facebook is the least important one. There are hundreds of websites tracking our private info without us having the slightest idea. Al least on FB people are entering private info by themselves', what else can they expect?

From all the social networking sites, Facebook is the easiest to hack. I would have expected more from Anon; they're just probably a bunch of kids picking up whatever sites annoy them at the moment, and seeking public attention. So far I didn't see any secrets revealed or social awareness caused by those hacks.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I'm really unsure as to what I've done to get you so riled up at me. Apologies if I've offended you in some way.

I mention the stars / posts thing because if you look at those who do tend to troll, they don't get starred as much. Overall though - the number of stars I have really doesn’t faze me in any way.

PS - On my mother’s life I have never been called a troll before on any forum I frequent. I'm just a bit surprised to cop it now.

Aaaaanyway. Everyone who uses Facebook uses it differently. I'm still not concerned by these posts you mention that can’t be seen by me, only my friends. If someone out there is interested in my little profile with some pictures of my dog asleep by the fire or stupid, nonsensical status updates well then bully for them.

I have, however seen people hopelessly addicted to Facebook. Usually impressionable teens. Am I going beyond the realms of possibility when I say if Anonymous do attack Facebook and destroy people’s profiles, then we may see a teen suicide of some sort? I mean people have been killed or committed suicide over items or characters in World of Warcraft.

I'm concerned.

www.rpgownage.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it ironic that they want to "protect the freedom of information " by denying people information they seek?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRiPWiRE
I mention the stars / posts thing because if you look at those who do tend to troll, they don't get starred as much.

really? i found that to be exactly opposite

the one liner/eyeroll/insults seems to me to get more stars than the well thought out/2 paragraph post/that says the same thing, only elaborated, 3 posts prior to the troll

But don't listen to anyone who calls you a troll. Its the new curseword when they can't call you what they really want to be calling you, and in most cases their use of the term is completely fail.

People who resort to insults only do so when they realize they have no valid argument ♥

I'm of the opinion there's quite a bit of truth to be found in the star system though. But not in the "overall" count. More like on a case by case - thread by thread - post by post basis.

Star for you for taking the time to present your opinion in more than a 1 line/eyeroll/insulting format

Multiple stars because I went back and saw nothing trollish about any of your opinions you posted - it appears to have all started with this one - definitely not a 1 lining insult
edit on 7-8-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ucantcme

Thanks for sharing the pics, ucantcme. Hilarious! Just how I have been imagining them to look. Admittedly, I use Facebook, as I have friends and family all over the world, and it is a convenient way to stay in touch. I'm well aware that my information isn't well-protected, and is probably being sold. Most of what I put on there is bogus, anyway. (I'm not really a Cryptologist at MIT.) But I certainly don't need Anonymous deciding for me that I've done the wrong thing. It irks me. I hope it's not true.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The way i see it, is that if Anon is a a Gov't decoy which it very well could be, and If they

continue to attack regular people as in the last one with private emails being leaked from

people who just work day to day ordinary slave labor jobs, then this would be exactly what

the Government would want. Here's why. If Anonymous only attacked the Gov, then Nobody

would support them when they decide to bring in some kind of global order seizing the Internet

however, if Anon attacks both Gov and Citizens, then of course Many people would have no

argument because Everyone is being targeted now. So, i'm getting the feel that yes, there's

something more behind Anon than we're seeing here. I hope i conveyed my thoughts clearly.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

No hard feelings. Troll is a loose internet term for me (trolling is sort of fine in small doses), idk about you. It was pretty weird for me how you thanked a guy for calling you an idiot when he didn't and that was the end of the post (fits my definition of trolls lol).

I feel strongly about facebook because its a really great and beautiful concept. I hate to see that it's being sooo abused. If for some reason FB would go down something else would become the new facebook. There is no failure, only delayed victory if you keep at something.

And regarding your statement about suicidal kids i think its just straight forward evolution in action. Its for the greater good.

For now, i truly fear what facebook can become in a span of 7 years.
Since whatever anon is planning to do it won't do any good. Even if they'd have a botnet with a billion zombies and literally fry all the servers in all the countries, facebook would be up and running in about a week. Theres too much money involved. Facebook offers advertising services. Some of the time when you see an ad on facebook, you already made someone a few fractions of a dollar, you don't even have to click it.

Anyway

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join