It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party! America Thanks You! (video)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ansiroth
All of you political trolls out there need to learn a little bit more about the Koch brothers and Americans for prosperity before you go off talking about "the presidents agenda."

The only campaign promise that Obama kept is that he would "fundamentally transform" our nation. He never said that the fundamental transformation would be in a positive direction...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

LMAO

How to avoid a hurracaine?
Ask the gays to move to another state.

I so needed that laugh thanks
LOTZA LUV

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

What an astoundingly sad state of affairs that a handful of Americans actually believe this insane TeaBaggery and are holding the rest of us hostage.

But America is awake now. Just last week, across the board, the polls had Tea Party approvals dropping 20 points. Only about 25% of America approves of this faux organization. S*P JUST blamed the TeaBags for the downgrade.

But that's alright. The recent special elections, the polls, the numbers, etc all prove one thing ... America is done with the insanity of TeaBags and conservatism. Demographics alone ensure it's extinction. 2012 dcan't come fast enough as we wipe TeaBaggery from the Nation.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiloNickels

Originally posted by Ansiroth
All of you political trolls out there need to learn a little bit more about the Koch brothers and Americans for prosperity before you go off talking about "the presidents agenda."

The only campaign promise that Obama kept is that he would "fundamentally transform" our nation. He never said that the fundamental transformation would be in a positive direction...

Actually Obama has kept 139 promises so far. This site keeps track of promises by politicians.

PolitiFact

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7fa2c60d36a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
Let's not forget the left. Corruption is bipartisan.

What left? The Democrats? Maybe Kucinich and Sanders, although he's no longer a Democrat because he's actually 'left'. What passes for left anymore is really right of center. So, not sure where or how there is anything "left" left in this country - excuse the play on words.

There's the "Tea Party" - which I acknowledge is not 100% corporately controlled and manipulated - but the media image of it is, so it might as well be. Same goes for the two parties.

I don't forgive the Democrats for anything because honestly I'm not really sure what they stand for, despite what some people think they stand for.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Youtube video credited to Lance Baxter?
Hmm, where have I heard that name before?
Ohhh, THAT Lance Baxter!!!

Lance Baxter, better known as D.C. Douglas but perhaps best known as the voice of certain Geico commercials (primarily as the tag announcer of a 2007-2008 celebrity ad campaign) has been fired by the insurance company after leaving a voicemail for Tea Party group FreedomWorks.

Douglas asked FreedomWorks in his voicemail what "the percentage of people that are mentally retarded who are working for FreedomWorks
and
how FreedomWorks will "spin it when one of your members does actually kill somebody,

huffington post

Right, because D.C. Douglas says something about politics, we should listen.

In April, 2010, Douglas came under fire from the Tea Party movement for a phone call he made to Freedomworks in which he left an inflammatory voice mail.

A day later GEICO dropped him from the new "shocking news" series of internet commercials that were in post-production. This led to some debate in the voice over community about whether announcers were public figures.

Douglas responded by producing a mock Tea Party PSA for YouTube that was subsequently broadcast on Joy Behar's HLN show with Douglas as a guest.

In addition to his commercial and video game voice over work,
he also does many voice overs for the non-profit progressive research and information center Media Matters for America.

WIKI

Gee, maybe someone can help me follow D.C. Douglas' tweets, so I can keep up with all of his (and Media Matters) in-depth coverage of politics!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Agreed, however corporate rule is oligarchy, so while people may say that it's the corporation's right as a "person" to have free speech, not be burdened with government regulation, etc., they forget that it is not a single person having these rights, but rather a cohesive group of moneyed power holders who trickle down the rules to the consumer and worker class (which overlap). This is oligarchy, pure and simple.

This is what is wrong with the Tea Party. Not the ideas they have as a whole (and my verdict is still not 100% between anarchic, libertarian and communist beliefs, I like where they merge though) but rather the corporate co-opting of that movement. In this case, the Tea Party becomes essentially corporate footsoldiers who do not completely understand how they are being manipulated by people like the Koch Brothers and ALEC.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I think what he meant was he wants what he sees as evil to fail.

What does it mean to cheer-lead dangerous and violent government?

If you stand for freedom, then you stand for non-violent governance.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

The pictures of the president being a monkey are not reserved for Obama. I thought GB Jr. made that image famous.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

215 in the works and 69 "stalled".
I wish my boss considered results like those satisfactory.

An interesting promise (stalled) that caught my eye:

First, a little background. On February 12, 2010, President Obama signed the Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act of 2010 into law.
The legislation increased the public debt limit to $14.2 trillion (from $12.4 trillion) and, more pertinently, instituted a new PAYGO statute.
Under this statute, the Office of Management and Budget keeps track of any new spending and tax law changes.
Then, at the end of the year, it checks whether spending increases and tax cuts have been offset with spending cuts or tax increases.
If not, there is an automatic across-the-board spending cut.
The law includes numerous exemptions, including a provision that allows Congress to declare the spending as "emergency" and thereby reduce the spending total.

It is important to note that this PAYGO law is operationally different from the PAYGO rules in the House and the Senate.
Waiving the House PAYGO rule, for example, requires a majority vote. Waiving it in the Senate requires the support of 60 Senators.
To bypass the PAYGO law, however, Congress would need to pass legislation explicitly directing the President not to enforce mandatory spending cuts for that year.
Lawmakers now have to abide by both their own chamber rules as well as general statutory PAYGO.

Politifact

Stalled indeed!

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

The pictures of the president being a monkey are not reserved for Obama. I thought GB Jr. made that image famous.

You are right concerning some of them. I remember those Bush images now. He was Alfred E. Neuman, the kid from MAD Magazine too. Yeah but you gotta admit there wasn't this kind of hate speech against the President then because we couldn't do it. We were too recently attacked and had a sense of STICKING TOGETHER - showing a unified front to the world. Besides we were fighting a war and I remember a couple got kicked out of a Bush rally for wearing PEACE SIGN SWEATSHIRTS. It was in the news. Imagine if you started dissing him?

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
reply to post by buster2010

215 in the works and 69 "stalled".
I wish my boss considered results like those satisfactory.

An interesting promise (stalled) that caught my eye:

First, a little background. On February 12, 2010, President Obama signed the Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act of 2010 into law.
The legislation increased the public debt limit to $14.2 trillion (from $12.4 trillion) and, more pertinently, instituted a new PAYGO statute.
Under this statute, the Office of Management and Budget keeps track of any new spending and tax law changes.
Then, at the end of the year, it checks whether spending increases and tax cuts have been offset with spending cuts or tax increases.
If not, there is an automatic across-the-board spending cut.
The law includes numerous exemptions, including a provision that allows Congress to declare the spending as "emergency" and thereby reduce the spending total.

It is important to note that this PAYGO law is operationally different from the PAYGO rules in the House and the Senate.
Waiving the House PAYGO rule, for example, requires a majority vote. Waiving it in the Senate requires the support of 60 Senators.
To bypass the PAYGO law, however, Congress would need to pass legislation explicitly directing the President not to enforce mandatory spending cuts for that year.
Lawmakers now have to abide by both their own chamber rules as well as general statutory PAYGO.

Politifact

Stalled indeed!

Did you skip over this part? They explain why they mark it as stalled. It passed but it has more holes than a fishing net.

President Obama promised to enforce pay-as-you-go budget rules. We'll give him points for passing the Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act of 2010, which so far has been technically adhered to. But the law is riddled with exemptions, and the Congress seems to have a habit of waiving its own PAYGO rules. We'd like to wait and see how Congress and the president respond to recommendations due in December 2010 from the bipartisan deficit commission created by President Obama in February, 2010 before we issue a final ruling. But for now, we're keeping it Stalled.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

WIKI Gee, maybe someone can help me follow D.C. Douglas' tweets, so I can keep up with all of his (and Media Matters) in-depth coverage of politics!

Nobody said this was Roosevelt......

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

No disrespect, but that false. If you can comb through comments from years ago i recall assassination requests on cnn comment/boards. I support neither of the Bushbama.. But none of this is new. Their was a VERY strong and vocal hatred for George Bush world wide.

I wonder where all the Peace Activists went. Funny isn't it? Our wars continue with more troops then ever. Expanding. We've even started new fronts like Libya and North Africa. It is insane that things have continued to get worse and worse and people are still so distracted as to not notice it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Raznva
Yea...good luck with that attitude...You don't know what the Tea party is about...

Just wait till ....I don't even have words...

The Tea party is about SMALLER government....

We must get gov out of our lives

That's why the terminology anarchistic libertarians fits the general ideal fairly well.

"Anarchy" is two terms. A Prefix "An" which means anti or against.

The prefix an- ( or a- before a consonant) is cognate with English un- . Found chiefly in scientific terminlogy, it negates the term it is prefixed to. For example an-hydrous means un-watery, a-pathetic means un-caring. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

Archy is the suffix, which is defined as:

1. A suffix properly meaning a rule, ruling, as in monarchy, the rule of one only. Cf. -arch.

Therefore Anarchy = Against Rule

Libertarian is also a prefix and a suffix.
Liberty

Liberty is a concept in political philosophy that identifies the condition in which human beings are able to govern themselves, to behave according to their own free will, and take responsibility for their actions.

-arian suffix wiki

A believer in something. An advocate of something.

So anarchist libertarians are against being ruled, and are advocates of liberty.

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The only political party I am in favor of, is the one that wants to put all of the international bankers and corporate tycoons who are trying to defraud everyone or enslave them in prison indefinitely.

Of course I want due process, I want completely open investigations by multiple independents.

However, this political party doesn't exist. The only parties that exist these days are self-interest based groups who care only about their constituents and are willing to harm other group's liberty in the process of achieving their goals.

So it's no surprise why I am not part of any group.

Even if I started that group, it would become corrupt eventually, like all organizations that have "followers" and handle "money" tend to.

Hear hear. Let the current parties continue to eviscerate each other. Name call. Back stab. And eventually probably have a Civil War and kill each other, and then the Anarchist/Libertarians can inherit this Nation rid of all the scum of both parties, mind our own business, and live in Peace. The only reasons both parties want Government, is so they can compete with each other of who bribes Government the most to manipulate and force the others into their preconceived, and subjective ideologies of what they think is good for the other, instead of what is good for themselves only.

We could care less what others do, as long as they dont do it to us, and leave us alone. In the end, after all else is gone, true Anarchy/Libertarianism is going to be the only thing left standing, as everything else will have been revealed for what it truly is. Stupidity. Childishness, and force and coercion of others for Personal gain both physically and ideologically.

Law is coercion. It breeds anti social behavior because it always oppresses and subjugates People. These days with so many laws, everyone is oppressed and subjugated by it. That is why in George Bushes famous speech before the UN when he talked about the NWO, he said they are going to establish the rule of Law, instead of the rule of the jungle. In reality, what he was referring to was Natural Law. How can any Human force another via majority or Minority to follow what he/she sees fits for themselves without it being subjugation, and slavery?

As a true Anarchist/Libertarian I harm NO ONE, unless a Person attempts to subjugate me with force and aggression. This is Natural Law. And has been around since the dawn of Man, and if not what the Universe operates on, then the Earth, and Nature most definitely.

I dont consent to being "ruled" by another, it is not their place to rule me. I need no Law telling me not to murder. I need no Law telling me not to steal. I need no Law for many things, because I inherently know they are wrong, and have Moral inclination. However, Law is used to murder. It is used to steal. It is used to justify coercion, extortion, and many other immoral practices by the very People who claim Law is needed to keep People safe and preserve Liberty, when nothing can be farther from the truth. Law is a fiction created by Men/Women who only use that Law to derive their own gains by the subjugation of those in which they claim they are protecting.

And sadly, many love their slavery, while not even realizing that what they are in favor of is what is causing them the harm to begin with.

edit on 8-8-2011 by HermitShip because: add

edit on 8-8-2011 by HermitShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Oh so we have the Tea party to thank for the crap hole we're in? I didn't realize bankers, Obama, Corrupted congressman's and every major corporation were here to help and support us......

Obamanation haha I love that dudes hat.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius
S*P JUST blamed the TeaBags for the downgrade.

Provide a quote, or go back to the Dally Kos office party, please.
I like dealing in facts, not rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

Thank you for that very well thought out reply.

And I agree with you, I have also come to the conclusion that we just have to wait this out in a sense. Allow the vying factions to decimate and destroy each other, and then when the dust settles, the good people will be left to pick up the pieces and hopefully make a better world to live in.

You mentioned that you are aware of what is right and wrong inherently as a human, and I am also of this mindset that morality/ethics are common sense natural understandings.

However have you noticed that there are several schools of thought that are extremely popular these days where people make claims like "There is no right and wrong"? It's quite frightening honestly, because they are setting themselves up for authoritarian brutality and the means of justifying or downplaying it.

If there is no right or wrong, I guess it's acceptable if I harm anyone I want in order to benefit myself. This is where their skewed ideology leads them, self-serving brutality.
edit on 8-8-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I guess "the buck stops here" no longer applies in this country. The WH "economists" never saw this coming? They did everything wrong and should be fired simple as that. Don't point the finger at people who simply want to stop running the country's economy beyond its means. What idiot runs their own financial house that way?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Scytherius
S*P JUST blamed the TeaBags for the downgrade.

Provide a quote, or go back to the Dally Kos office party, please.
I like dealing in facts, not rhetoric.

Sure:
www.youtube.com...
1:25
Beers, Head of Souvereign Debt at S&P
It's a bit between the lines, but he blames the "extraordinary difficulties" congress had to come to an agreement. And since Boehner got 92% out of it what he wanted, I'd say it's by their own admission fair to say that the lions share is on the Reps and Teabaggers.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join