It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Tea Party! America Thanks You! (video)

page: 9
49
<< 6  7  8   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus
 





I happened to attend Tea Parties with a Korean war vet, who brought his own large flag to an event. These are the people who are being villified by the liberal left, the very ones who fought bravely in the Korean, Viet Nam, and other wars so that all Americans can sleep safely in their beds at night. I know it sounds cliche but it's really the truth.



It is really not the truth at all.

I can't even say this is the truth with a spin on it.

It is a blatant and false misrepresentation.

If anything we are the ones fighting to get decent body armor and not stuck with the cheap crap purchased at double the price to honor a corporate contract with kick backs all around.


A Liberal Veteran Speaks Out On Veterans Day

All of these guys, from all these places — representing blacks, Hispanics, Italian-Americans, Portuguese-Americans, southern whites, Mid-western whites, and western whites — gave me a national view that was too expansive to ignore as I moved forward with my life. They were my friends, my comrades, and we worked well together. Oh, yes, the Colonel – the “Old Man” as we called him – didn’t respect our lack of discipline when we were back in our home base, but when we went on maneuvers to Grafenwoer (GRAF-en-veer) to fire Honest John rockets, we were a well-oiled machine that always scored exemplary marks for our professionalism and accuracy on the target.lefteyeonthemedia.wordpress.com...


DECORATED LIBERAL VETERANS

DECORATED LIBERAL VETERANS....
Larry Sabato probably just thought he was extending a compliment to Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.). Sabato, the director of the University of Virginia's Center for Politics and an oft-quoted pundit, noted today that Webb was not satisfied with the legislative process during the health care reform debate.
Sabato added that Webb (although a liberal) isn't a "liberal caricature."

"Ever met a liberal who's won a Navy Cross for heroism, a Silver Star, 2 Bronze Stars, 2 Purple Hearts?"

Now, I realize that Twitter's 140-character limit can be constraining, and perhaps Sabato didn't intend to suggest liberals can't be decorated war heroes, but his observation rubs the wrong way precisely because of the outdated "caricatures" that linger.

Have we ever met decorated liberal war heroes?

You bet we have. There's John Kerry. And Daniel Inouye. And Max Cleland, Wes Clark, and Chuck Rangel. And the Fighting Dems in Congress, and VoteVets.org.

The persistence of this myth -- that somehow there's an incompatibility between progressive politics and heroic military service -- has gone on too long. www.washingtonmonthly.com...


Liberal veterans group targets McConnell

The liberal group, Vote Vets, is promoting a "clean energy" bill by targeting Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) among other Senators in a $2 million ad buy in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, South Dakota, and Wyoming. Former Congressional hopeful Andrew Horne, a Louisville attorney, is part of the effort which includes the ads. In the ads, veterans like U.S. Army Iraq and Afghanistan Veteran George Zubaty of Louisville read from identical scripts to link the clean energy effort to national security:
"When terrorists attacked us on Christmas Day, I was reminded why I'm willing to risk my life for America's security....." www.whas11.com...


Filipino Vets Still Fighting for World War II Benefits From U.S.

The president's signature on the legislation appeared to mark the culmination of the vet's struggle in addressing what many of them see as a 63-year-old injustice that occurred when the 1946 Rescission Act stripped them of any rights to military benefits. The hurdles facing so many of the vets as they attempt to meet documentation standards recently led California State Senator Leland Yee (Democrat-San Francisco/San Mateo) and U.S. Representative Xavier Becerra (Democrat-Los Angeles) to take up the matter. The stimulus bill made provisions for a one-time, lump sum payment of $15,000 for Filipino veterans living in the U.S., and $9,000 for veterans who live in the Philippines. The lump sum payments would be made in lieu of pensions that the U.S. government promised vets who fought alongside Americans in the Philippines. Indeed, the average age of these veterans is 86 years old. The Philippine Embassy in Washington estimates that the last of the World Wart II Filipino veterans will likely die out by 2015.


I am ashamed this person decides to malign whole groups of hardworking taxpaying Americans because they do not agree with their political theory, and a very questionable one at that. People think they can't be fooled? You are on a conspiracy website about tricks played on you. I don't care who you affiliate yourself with, what party or what candidate but a vote for a tea party candidate is one vote closer to ending all your constitutional protections. Don't say you weren't warned.




posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
Who is the T.E.A. Party?
Define them, please. Who leads them? I haven't seen them on the ballot.


The Tea Party is not a political base, such as Democrats or Republicans, it is more like a Movement of popular thought. You know, like in the 60s.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
Loving all the typical Tea Party responses in this thread.

"Something was said... not good! What was it... Don't yell at Tea Party!"

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-8-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)


When you have nothing constructive to refute an argument, the typical Liberal decides to insult.


Maybe you should gather all your bits of political wit and wisdom and make a book of quotations? Have you ever thought of something like that because I see you have a handy one line liberal smear for almost any occasion.
I feel as if I understand the liberals a little bit better now. They are all lazy, lying, scum trying to corrupt America.
What is surprising is that you have let them live for so long. I wonder what their end goal is since a shocking majority of these people are poor middle class. Apparently they are not that good at stealing either. What motivates these people? If it isn't money, I am out of guesses. What else is there?



I call it as I see it, sorry that the truth hurts. You think I am going to shut my mouth when I see blatant lies to smear any conservative thought? I know why your kind hate the Tea Party, it is counter to your beliefs of big government looking out for everyone. Yes, a lot of people with Liberal ideals maybe middle class - they have bought into the hype that everyone deserves an equal slice of the American dream, no matter what you do / do not (also, I think many of these liberals are just kids out of university who really doesn't understand how the real world works, their minds have been filled with crap from some prof with no real life experience)

For most of them I would say it is naivety, you don't seem to realize that the system is breaking due to the masses of people sucking on the government's teat (and yes, I realize that corporations are have their share in this, that they corrupt officials on both sides - but dare one say that of Obama)

Your little title, The GOP game plan is for the affluent and the corporations to control the government essentially an American fascist state is essentially true - but the Democratic plan is to cripple the country from excess spending and social programs. You assume that Tea Party means GOP, but in the beginning that was far from the truth. GOP has long ago stopped representing conservatives.



edit on 27-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
Loving all the typical Tea Party responses in this thread.

"Something was said... not good! What was it... Don't yell at Tea Party!"

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-8-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)


When you have nothing constructive to refute an argument, the typical Liberal decides to insult.


Maybe you should gather all your bits of political wit and wisdom and make a book of quotations? Have you ever thought of something like that because I see you have a handy one line liberal smear for almost any occasion.
I feel as if I understand the liberals a little bit better now. They are all lazy, lying, scum trying to corrupt America.
What is surprising is that you have let them live for so long. I wonder what their end goal is since a shocking majority of these people are poor middle class. Apparently they are not that good at stealing either. What motivates these people? If it isn't money, I am out of guesses. What else is there?



I call it as I see it, sorry that the truth hurts. You think I am going to shut my mouth when I see blatant lies to smear any conservative thought? I know why your kind hate the Tea Party, it is counter to your beliefs of big government looking out for everyone. Yes, a lot of people with Liberal ideals maybe middle class - they have bought into the hype that everyone deserves an equal slice of the American dream, no matter what you do / do not (also, I think many of these liberals are just kids out of university who really doesn't understand how the real world works, their minds have been filled with crap from some prof with no real life experience)

For most of them I would say it is naivety, you don't seem to realize that the system is breaking due to the masses of people sucking on the government's teat (and yes, I realize that corporations are have their share in this, that they corrupt officials on both sides - but dare one say that of Obama)

Your little title, The GOP game plan is for the affluent and the corporations to control the government essentially an American fascist state is essentially true - but the Democratic plan is to cripple the country from excess spending and social programs. You assume that Tea Party means GOP, but in the beginning that was far from the truth. GOP has long ago stopped representing conservatives.



edit on 27-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)



I don't expect you to shut your mouth far from it in fact I expect it to keep flapping in the breeze until either the cows do come home or you have finished turning our country turned into a fascist state. Yes the truth does hurt.
And the truth is you are killing America to save a bunch of wealthy who have never fought in any of the wars they promote, never gone to the schools they will de-fund and own enough land for their own National Park so what does it matter that they give away the "socialist programs" like National Parks, landscapes and wildlife reserves to their cronies for drilling and development?
All they care is if you can hang a gol-damned cross there - They have no concern what you want that land for. Strip mining? Strip cubs?.... it's all good. Maybe lets fund another sports stadium, screw the players and their lousy concussions, bunch of pussys. We can always get new players it is the GAME that is key.
Keeping people looking somewhere else while YOU spend their money hand over fist, supporting wars and pharmaceutical companies (the Rockefellers) and other elitist family owned and operated...Big Oil and Energy subsidies.

You think the Democrats, a bunch of poor trying to watch out for the poor and a few measly social programs that amount to about a quarter of the defense budget is bankrupting the country? People who are so easily fooled should not have the right to vote and this is what is killing this country and in fact innocent men women and children in other countries too. That's your party.

I will take those idealistic kids from University any day over the American Royal Party a corrupt bunch of Bilderburg members trying to usher in the New World Order. Would opening your eyes be too much to ask?

Imagine taking food and social programs out of the mouths our own poor and disabled so you can fund the destruction of foreign governments and murder innocent civilians in a country that wants us out? Are you guys still trying to get back at someone for 9-11? Look in the mirror. It was YOU.
You are trying to sell tanks and guns airplanes and RAPISCAN body scanners. War Machines. You were trying to obtain more oil from the mid east because like any other beast you are insatiable.

You were trying to remove Constitutional protections and they are dropping like flies while you carry your DON'T TREAD ON ME signs for big pharma.
Is it any coincidence prescription (just say no) drugs are the number one killer of Americans.
That is not you responsible for that either is it? Can you say prescription drug program? Thank daddy Bush.

You are trying to open up all areas for drilling and finish off much of the remaining wild life. You are trying to destroy the environment so that it is not fit for humans in the future. Why does your party think everything is about the almighty BUCK?
You are exploitative and selfish to the core - drilling for oil fracking for natural gas, blowing the tops off mountains and buying up National Park lands taking wide bodies of land conserved for our children and our children children for drilling, so you arrogant elitist can drive your SUV and have your status symbols, so you can have cheap gasoline and pollute the environment with impunity, maybe even make a few bucks doing it.
We will pollute the planet and destroy it for our children as long as it means Al Gore won't make a penny. You will cut off your nose to spite your own face as we saw with the recent debt ceiling debate.

You care about the country but the people who are pulling your little tiny strings do not.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by SirClem
Who is the T.E.A. Party?
Define them, please. Who leads them? I haven't seen them on the ballot.


The Tea Party is not a political base, such as Democrats or Republicans, it is more like a Movement of popular thought. You know, like in the 60s.



The 60's gave us AIDS.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Raznva
 





We must get gov out of our lives


Yeah, we got to get the govt to stop helping people pay for childcare so they can work. Just stay home and grow a garden.

Stop the government from helping working people pay to take care of their elderly parents that need care. They can work 3 jobs to pay for that, those lazy bastards.

And we can can pave our own roads and maintain our own bridges mr. G.I. We don't need no stinking interstate highways.

And education, who needs that. We can all learn from the Tea baggers, spelling is overrated. So is reading. Why read when we have Faux news to inform us.

Shall I continue, or do you get my drift? We need to get the corrupt lobby out of OUR government. If you want to live with less/no government, move to the Amazon.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide
 





they have bought into the hype that everyone deserves an equal slice of the American dream, no matter what you do / do not


Typical dis-information. The lazy deserve what they get. The weak, poor, aged and disabled DESERVE our protection and charity.

Not one person I know beleives you can just sit on your arse and collect.

What ever happend to HUMANITY looking out for their own? Its what separates us from most other mammals.

Though some of us can accurately be described as sharks.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
For most of them I would say it is naivety, you don't seem to realize that the system is breaking due to the masses of people sucking on the government's teat (and yes, I realize that corporations are have their share in this, that they corrupt officials on both sides - but dare one say that of Obama)


Who do you suppose is sucking more off the government teat?
The welfare mother of 4 next door
or
Exxon Mobil?



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by MidnightTide
For most of them I would say it is naivety, you don't seem to realize that the system is breaking due to the masses of people sucking on the government's teat (and yes, I realize that corporations are have their share in this, that they corrupt officials on both sides - but dare one say that of Obama)


Who do you suppose is sucking more off the government teat?
The welfare mother of 4 next door
or
Exxon Mobil?


It is a multifaceted approach in destroying the system, on the one hand you have the corporations bribing the government to allow them to act without the thought of failure (bailouts) and the other is making the people dependent on the system to look out for them.




Originally posted by ErEhWoN
reply to post by MidnightTide
 





they have bought into the hype that everyone deserves an equal slice of the American dream, no matter what you do / do not


Typical dis-information. The lazy deserve what they get. The weak, poor, aged and disabled DESERVE our protection and charity.

Not one person I know beleives you can just sit on your arse and collect.

What ever happend to HUMANITY looking out for their own? Its what separates us from most other mammals.

Though some of us can accurately be described as sharks.


Well, you must live in an extremely nice neighborhood, I see many able bodied individuals capable of work, but why bother when you can live and do nothing.

I feel for the disabled, the poor - they deserve to receive aid, but the rest, meh. Give me one instance in history that a civilization cared that much for each other. Its a hard, cruel world out there, sink or swim.

edit on 27-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Originally posted by SirClem
Who is the T.E.A. Party?
Define them, please. Who leads them? I haven't seen them on the ballot.


The Tea Party is not a political base, such as Democrats or Republicans, it is more like a Movement of popular thought. You know, like in the 60s.


It might have started out like that...

However, now it is completely consumed by the corporate agenda.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
It is a multifaceted approach in destroying the system, on the one hand you have the corporations bribing the government to allow them to act without the thought of failure (bailouts) and the other is making the people dependent on the system to look out for them.


Why do you even respond to my posts? It is harder and harder to find one post from you to me that even remotely appears relevant to what you are responding to.

I just asked a simple multiple choice question that had only 2 choices for answers.
The only appropriate response would have been choice A or choice B.

Whatever this is, I have no clue. Please stop responding to me until one of them makes sense with regard to what you are responding to.



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by MidnightTide
It is a multifaceted approach in destroying the system, on the one hand you have the corporations bribing the government to allow them to act without the thought of failure (bailouts) and the other is making the people dependent on the system to look out for them.


Why do you even respond to my posts? It is harder and harder to find one post from you to me that even remotely appears relevant to what you are responding to.

I just asked a simple multiple choice question that had only 2 choices for answers.
The only appropriate response would have been choice A or choice B.

Whatever this is, I have no clue. Please stop responding to me until one of them makes sense with regard to what you are responding to.


Well, I guess I have to spell it out for you.

I believe that both have blame in the economic mess we are in. Corporations get tax breaks, get bailed out by government while day by day more money is being spent on social programs that the government should have no business in.

Don't get angry if I didn't chose to accept your two sided game....the outcome is failure unless you look at both.

(and I am sure this site has an ignore option, perhaps you should look into it)



posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Corporations get tax breaks, get bailed out by government while day by day more money is being spent on social programs that the government should have no business in.


The difference is one is the source of the problem and the other is a symptom of the problem.

One is purposeful corruption for greed.
The other is the result of a that corrupted economic system.

The whole "entitlement" debate is a distraction from the cause of the problem.



new topics

top topics



 
49
<< 6  7  8   >>

log in

join