It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party! America Thanks You! (video)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

reply to post by mishigas
Seriously? Would you mind telling me what the TPM stands for that you are against? I am sincere -- I would really like to know what you think.
Allowing corporations to infilltrate

Busting Unions, cutting taxes for the wealthy, allowing corporations to infiltrate their lil Party, wanting to cut all entitlement programs, wanting to balance the budget on the backs of the poor sick and elderly. That's enough for now, I have more if you want.

Busting unions? When and where?

Cutitng taxes for the wealthy? How about cutting taxes for everyone, as part of their smaller govt goal?

Allowing corporations to infiltrate their lil party? Not sure what you mean by this, but I must correct you, as I have many, many others: The TPM is NOT a political party. You will NOT find them on the ballot. There is NO singular head of the TPM.

They are a PAC, a political action committee. Same as the NRA or AARP.

And corporations are part of every candidate, every party, in the US. It is their right. So what is your beef with them?

The last two we will take together, since they both deserve the same answer...

Wanting to cut all entitlement programs, and wanting to balance the budget on the backs of the poor sick and elderly.

Absolutely absurd and ridiculous. An outright lie. I challenge you to prove those allegations or else be known as a liar.

So, you have given me nothing. Care to try again? Seriously, you need to examine your thinking processes. You are an extreme partisan, it seems, and that is the stuff that religious fanatics are made of.

You said you have more. Let's hear them. And please supply specific examples, not just wild-eyed claims.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raznva
Yea...good luck with that attitude...You don't know what the Tea party is about...

Just wait till ....I don't even have words...

The Tea party is about SMALLER government....

We must get gov out of our lives

That's why the terminology anarchistic libertarians fits the general ideal fairly well.

"Anarchy" is two terms. A Prefix "An" which means anti or against.

The prefix an- ( or a- before a consonant) is cognate with English un- . Found chiefly in scientific terminlogy, it negates the term it is prefixed to. For example an-hydrous means un-watery, a-pathetic means un-caring. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

Archy is the suffix, which is defined as:

1. A suffix properly meaning a rule, ruling, as in monarchy, the rule of one only. Cf. -arch.

Therefore Anarchy = Against Rule

Libertarian is also a prefix and a suffix.
Liberty

Liberty is a concept in political philosophy that identifies the condition in which human beings are able to govern themselves, to behave according to their own free will, and take responsibility for their actions.

-arian suffix wiki

A believer in something. An advocate of something.

So anarchist libertarians are against being ruled, and are advocates of liberty.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The only political party I am in favor of, is the one that wants to put all of the international bankers and corporate tycoons who are trying to defraud everyone or enslave them in prison indefinitely.

Of course I want due process, I want completely open investigations by multiple independents.

However, this political party doesn't exist. The only parties that exist these days are self-interest based groups who care only about their constituents and are willing to harm other group's liberty in the process of achieving their goals.

So it's no surprise why I am not part of any group.

Even if I started that group, it would become corrupt eventually, like all organizations that have "followers" and handle "money" tend to.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Not when the POTUS's agenda is dragging us into 3rd world territory.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
All of you political trolls out there need to learn a little bit more about the Koch brothers and Americans for prosperity before you go off talking about "the presidents agenda."

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer

I'll proudly stand with Mitch McConnell calling for that idiot Obama being a one term president. It definitely falls within free speech to wish a president fail and is no where near treason. Mitch McConnell has no obligation to cooperate with Obama. In 2013 we hopefully get to see Obama join fellow failure Carter pounding nails.

Well as a proud American i don't know what to say about that.
If you desire a president to fail then you desire the country to fail through proxy.
I know your the only true patriot in the crowd though.
At the height of Bush's trashing of this country ,I never once wanted him to fail. I had sense enough to know what it meant for this country of ours.
It is thinking such as this that will be our undoing.
And is a big reason that we were down graded.
We are too divided and i don't think we will ever come together again.
When i see someone who is so polarized i know that they have bought the official story hook line and sinker.
Peace be with you.
Ps. and i thought that video was funny as hell but we are all to blame in this. star and flag 4U

edit on 7-8-2011 by shtf2012 because: had the edit bug

edit on 7-8-2011 by shtf2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
Who is the T.E.A. Party?
Define them, please. Who leads them? I haven't seen them on the ballot.

The Tea Party is financed and controlled by the Koch brothers. They are oil tycoons known for their involvement in any activities that promote deregulation of the industry. They're your typical throw-your-grandma-under-the-bus for pure profit type of crowd - unscrupulous, money hungry and very powerful and influential.

I think if more Tea Party folks knew they were working for nothing more than the corporate agenda and for enriching the elite, they'd probably put as much distance between themselves and the Tea Party as possible. Unfortunately, some of their ideas do sound enticing in this downward spiral we call the USA, but don't be fooled - the Tea Party's interest is not for the people, the agenda is much more sinister.

Deny ignorance, get educated.

For some info on the Koch brothers, start here:

Koch Family

Khar

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thank you for posting that, see i stopped comming to ATS once the Obama+TEA party madness got too volatile. It finally became evident to me who on the boards was deluded and who actually had the means of keen observation. S&P strictly stated that they downgraded the US due to "Republicans intransigence on taxes"

Please people wake up and smell the real corruption, the current conservative regime is just hocking up talking points and patriotic anti-government rhetoric to preserve corporate agenda. The American people want to tax millionaires, and it definately is NOT what is keeping the jobs away, we're jobless because of our trade laws-All the gadgets and tools we like are manufactured in other countries where the workers are paid under dollar a day, and our trade laws allow us to ship the materials over and the finished product back at extremely low tax rates. America has done nothing but benefit huge corporations with tax leniency for over 30 years, and it has done nothing but suck the stability out of it. Government isn't the problem, It's the solution.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
Just ran across this little video and it contained so much truth that I couldn't help but post it here on ATS for all to enjoy. You may have to watch it twice in order to hear everything he's thanking the Tea Party for because sometimes he talks a little fast.

In reality, I do thank the Tea Party for clearly exposing the right wing agenda, which is so anti-american that it's borders on treason, for all to see. I truly believe that this had to happen in order for the masses to wake up and put a stop to this craziness.
edit on 6-8-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

You obviously have no clue what the tea party is about.

Best be silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oh sweet raptor jesus another Democrat slap each other on the back thread.

Funny how it is the Democrats who have been doing all the bashing (for as long as I have been a member of ATS), but these REFUSE to acknowledge their party has any fault in this financial mess. Yes, the Republicans are a bunch of supporters of big money / corporations, and for the most part they are out in the open about it. The Democrats just love to spend other peoples money to buy support from those who are unwilling to put into the system / feel that big government should take care of everyone.

Both are to blame for this mess. But go back to blaming the Tea Party / Republicans, while ignoring the equally corrupt Democrats.

But what I really want to know is what is being planned with all this propaganda being thrown about. Something is up - what is going to happen that will throw a shock into people around the world, and blame conservative minded people. (which is essentially what these types of threads are trying to do - and notice I said conservative, not Republican or Tea Party - those parties no longer represent conservatives)

edit on 7-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by brokedown

The REAL Tea Party is a un-organized grouping of like-minded Americans who stood up and said WE ARE the PEOPLE and told big Government NO. No more would they allow our country to be run by the Globlist, No more would they stand for their money to be handed over to a Global Banking Cartel, No more illegal immigration. Citizens from every race and creed stood together and said NO !

There is No head of the Tea Party. There is NO formal leadership, the REAL Tea Party is and has always been like-mind Americans from every walk of life, from every race, from every political party, from every creed that had the “minerals” to stand up and say We the People want our Nation back.

How can you not support that ?

How can I not support that? Well, let me count the ways;
1. Because they are "un-organized."
2. Because I'm NOT fed up with BIG government, I'm fed up with "BAD" government. (fascist government controlled by corporate influence)
3. Because I'm not a "globalist" BUT, I do believe that if we're going to enter into a global economy, there had better be some global rules as well, otherwise it's nothing more than a race to the bottom where the workforce and lack of environmental standards in emerging economies is utilized to bring down that of established industrialized nations.
4. Because I don't believe that the answer to illegal immigration is fence and/or wall building. I believe in a much more comprehensive approach where the root causes are addressed.
5. Because there is no "head" of the Tea Party.
6. Because there is no "formal leadership."
7. Because their party platform seems to be "We Want To Take Our Country Back" (a meaningless slogan unless of course, you're talking about taking it back some 200 yrs.)
8. Because the Tea Party freshmen in the House of Representatives have clearly demonstrated their willingness to punish the entire country, (via the recent debt limit debacle and resulting credit downgrade) just to protect the wealthy elite.
9. Because they promote violence as a means by which to attain their political agenda.
10. Etc...Etc...Etc...

edit on 7-8-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

Just going to talk about #8.
They didn't punish this country. They don't have majority rule. This isn't an arguement of opinion but more along the lines of basic math. The "tea party candidates" voted NO, yet the bill was still passed. So when they vote no and it fails they're holding America hostage but when they vote NO and it passes it's their fault we were downgraded? They insisted there wasn't enough cuts. What they were trying to do was get government to stop spending. Now when we got downgraded the statement was because "America is not taking it's debt seriously". Meaning by this... the cuts in the bill are a joke and clearly were not enough, just as the tea party candidates stated. It is naive to think it's their fault the country was downgraded when this is a decades long problem and they've been in office for under a year.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

The Fox network was the biggest contributor by far.
Source: mediamatters.org...

Through Bhoener the tea party did actively commit to the devaluation of the US dollar. The reasons for this are clear and a good wiki on it can be found here. en.wikipedia.org...

According to economist Richard N. Cooper writing in 1971, a substantial devaluation is one of the most "traumatic" policies a government can adopt – it almost always results in cries of outrage and calls for the government to be replaced.

Civil war anyone?

They also attacked entitlements, the EPA and welfare among others. which makes them a clear enemy of the American way of life we all cherish. The credit downgrade was largely due to the Bush era tax cuts and breaks for corporations. In making America a more profitable harbor for that top 1% you have sold out and even though we dont see it yet severly hurt every working class American.

edit on 7-8-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

Dude you're wasting your time trying to explain anything to an obvious progressive.

To him/her the solution is ALWAYS more government and more government control of your life.

edit on 7-8-2011 by Hugues de Payens because: editorial

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The Tea Party they are talking about is actually the Republican party, the real Tea Party is essentially anarchist/libertarians.

Yet they only support Republicans.
Sounds like a clever plan.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Tea Party Express Was Launched By Republican Consultants
Tea Party Express Run By Republican PAC. The Associated Press reported in October 2008 that Our Country Deserves Better PAC (OCDB), which launched the Tea Party Express, "was formed in August [2008] by California political consultant Sal Russo and former California Assemblyman Howard Kaloogian." As their OCDB biographies note, Russo is a veteran Republican consultant, and Kaloogian served as a Republican. [The Associated Press, 10/17/08; Media Matters, 3/1/10]

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Anyone can make a video injected with propaganda.

When it comes to our overall issues, the Democrats and Republicans are both to blame. Regardless about their subdivisions, both groups are responsible for our country's problems.

Our problems existed way before the Tea-Party was on scene.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

It is clearly an engineered affair from both the right and left.

Reasons for intentional devaluation

Devaluation has several adverse consequences on a state and so historically has rarely been a preferred strategy. According to economist Richard N. Cooper writing in 1971, a substantial devaluation is one of the most "traumatic" policies a government can adopt – it almost always results in cries of outrage and calls for the government to be replaced.[4] Devaluation can lead to a reduction in citizen's material standard of living as their purchasing power is reduced both when they buy imports and when they travel abroad. It can add to inflationary pressure. Devaluation can make international debt servicing more expensive if debts are denominated in a foreign currency, and it can discourage foreign investors. At least until the 21st century, a strong currency was commonly seen as a mark of prestige while devaluation was associated with weak governments.[5]

However when a country is suffering from high unemployment or wishes to pursue a policy of export led growth, a lower exchange rate can be seen as advantageous. Devaluation has been advised by the IMF from the early 1980s as a potential solution for developing nations that are consistently spending more on imports than they earn on exports. A lower value for the home currency will raise the price for imports while making exports cheaper.[6] This encourages more production to occur domestically, which raises employment and GDP. Devaluation can be especially attractive as a solution to unemployment when other options like increased public spending are ruled out due to high public debt and also when a country has a balance of payments imbalance which a devaluation would help correct. A reason for preferring devaluation common among emerging economies is that maintaining a relatively low exchange rate helps them build up their foreign exchange reserves, which can protect them against future financial crises.[7][8][9]

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raznva

The Tea party is about SMALLER government....

The Tea Party is a way to generalize anyone who disagrees with the way the False Left Right Paradigm operates.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
reply to post by Section31

It is clearly an engineered affair from both the right and left.

There is no question that both parties play games on innocent people.

Too bad we couldn't outlaw the establishment of political parties. lol...

edit on 8/7/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Anyone who believes this propaganda that the Tea Party caused this turmoil by refusing to compromise is an absolute idiot. The tea party is a TINY contingent within congress who didn't even get their way. Whether or not the Tea Party people compromised is completely and totally irrelevant because the DEBT CEILING RAISED AGAINST THEIR WISHES! IF the Tea Party got their way, and then this turmoil happened, you'd have a legitimate gripe against them--you could say that their policies were proven to be dead wrong. To blame them (although they didn't even get their way) is just absurd.

Leading up to this debacle we heard a constant drum beat that the debt ceiling had to be raised to AVOID a market collapse and to protect our AAA rating. Everyone who believed this tripe has been proven to be incredibly wrong. The proof is in the pudding. The ceiling was raised...THEN the market crashed and we lost our AAA rating. Perhaps it would have done the same thing if we didn't raise the ceiling, but the FACT is that DEMOCRATS and RINOS got exactly what they wanted... and they were wrong about the results. period.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join