It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party! America Thanks You! (video)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The problem with the Tea Party is not what it does – at best, right now, it can only make a moral and political case; it does not have the numbers to make anything happen without non-Tea Partiers joining it. The problem with the Tea Partiers, in the eyes of the liberal establishment and the pet moderate GOP enablers, is that it dares to point out the indisputable truth that must be hidden at all costs: That the social welfare state is unsustainable and will collapse.

But the demonization campaign does not seem to be working as expected – amazingly, the Tea Party caucus was able to provide the missing spine to the go-along/get-along gang running the House and present a primary-based incentive to the collegial Senate Republicans who have to face the voters next year and don’t want to join booted squish ex-Utah senator Bob Bennett in his new sinecure as the MSM’s go-to, slam-the-conservatives, pseudo-GOP nobody. While the resulting deal was terrible, it was still a massive humiliation for the liberal establishment. They are not in a forgiving mood, and it’s easier to hate on the Tea Party than face the fact that they’ve driven us to bankruptcy.

Link

A great article. I recommend reading it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh
reply to post by newcovenant

No disrespect, but that false. If you can comb through comments from years ago i recall assassination requests on cnn comment/boards. I support neither of the Bushbama.. But none of this is new. Their was a VERY strong and vocal hatred for George Bush world wide.

I wonder where all the Peace Activists went. Funny isn't it? Our wars continue with more troops then ever. Expanding. We've even started new fronts like Libya and North Africa. It is insane that things have continued to get worse and worse and people are still so distracted as to not notice it.

Is it false? No disrespect but maybe you should search your answers before you repeat them with such certainty. At a Bush rally you were not allowed to wear an anti-Bush slogan on a t shirt.or even PEACE or you would be thrown out and also stood a possibility of being arrested just for that.

Protesters Arrested for Anti-Bush T-Shirts Win Settlement

Nicole and Jeff Rank were arrested on Independence Day, 2004, for wearing anti-Bush T-shirts. They were on the grounds of the capitol in Charleston, West Virginia, where Bush was giving a speech.www.progressive.org...

A day at the circus

The handful of students gathered to see George W. weren't going to take no for an answer. They had been waiting at least an hour in the bright sunshine and they had something to show the G.O.P. candidate: signs that read "Eat my Bush," "Stay out of my uterus" and placards that showed a red-white-and-blue elephant snorting coc aine. Security working Bush's Seminole Community College (SCC) campaign rally last Wednesday, Oct. 25, were in no mood for the students' antics. They roped off a free-speech zone 100 yards from the entrance of the Health Building where Bush, traveling by bus from Daytona Beach to Tampa along the voter-rich Interstate 4 corridor, was to stop for a scheduled Q&A session. Protesters' view of Bush -- and his of them -- was blocked by a tree-covered knoll, hindering what the students considered a true show of democracy. www2.orlandoweekly.com...

Some were told they wouldn't be allowed inside simply because they had joined the protest group. Others who did have tickets were harassed by plainclothes officers (a mix of Seminole County deputies, Orlando Police and Secret Service). www2.orlandoweekly.com...

Marchers protest arrest of man for wearing peace T-shirt

Marchers protest arrest of man for wearing peace T-shirt at Crossgates Shopper charged after refusing to take off shirt that mall store made for him, bearing slogans "Peace on Earth" and "Give Peace a Chance" www.savethepinebush.org...

Heidi Siegfried, interim executive director of the Capital Region chapter of the New York Civil Liberties Union, said, "We have the position that the public space in the mall should be a First Amendment protected activity. Even when they have the right to control and prohibit ... someone shouldn't be removed when doing activity consistent with the normal uses of the mall." On Dec. 21, about two dozen anti-war protesters wearing pro-peace T-shirts and carrying signs were asked to leave Crossgates. The group complied. www.savethepinebush.org...

County Supervisor Booted from Bush Event for Wearing Hidden Kerry Shirt

"Then she called the Ashwaubenon police department on me, and they came over and said, 'What's the problem here? Do you have a ticket?' And I said, 'I had one but they just took it!' " She told the police to look at his T-shirt, and the police told him he couldn't be there and to get going, Nelson remembers. "It was apparent to me that if I was going to debate it, I was going to get arrested," he says. On his way out, the Secret Service also stopped him. "They took my driver's license and wrote down my Social Security number and telephone number," he says. "I started to ask, 'What's going on here? Is a T-shirt illegal?" www.progressive.org...

This website, uses a hefty bit of sarcasm but has it about right...
Students for an Orwellian Society studentsfororwell.org...

edit on 8-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Link

A great article. I recommend reading it.

Far too sensible for most of the foaming at the mouth, tin foil hat wearing, undereducated, far left loons posting here I'm betting.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Far too sensible for most of the foaming at the mouth, tin foil hat wearing, undereducated, far left loons posting here I'm betting.

I know, but one can only try to bring light to those who choose to live in darkness.
(feel like waxing poetic today)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by HermitShip

Thank you for that very well thought out reply.

And I agree with you, I have also come to the conclusion that we just have to wait this out in a sense. Allow the vying factions to decimate and destroy each other, and then when the dust settles, the good people will be left to pick up the pieces and hopefully make a better world to live in.

You mentioned that you are aware of what is right and wrong inherently as a human, and I am also of this mindset that morality/ethics are common sense natural understandings.

However have you noticed that there are several schools of thought that are extremely popular these days where people make claims like "There is no right and wrong"? It's quite frightening honestly, because they are setting themselves up for authoritarian brutality and the means of justifying or downplaying it.

If there is no right or wrong, I guess it's acceptable if I harm anyone I want in order to benefit myself. This is where their skewed ideology leads them, self-serving brutality.
edit on 8-8-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Indeed I have noticed this mindset. I have also noticed it comes from 'mostly' self described Satanist, as well as Marxist posing as Anarchist. Its interesting isnt it, that most EVERYONE slanders and defames true Anarchy, even the Government with their psy op sound byte propaganda, while not even espousing what Anarchy, or Libertarianism truly is?

If all parties and People affiliated with them continue to attack our Ideologies, we must be doing something right, and on a path way in which no power structure wants others waking up to. Observing this over time has just further reinforced my believes. And that is why they send the Marxists posing as Anarchist to do harm, and destroy other Peoples property, all while wearing the "Che Ruevara" shirts.

In reality, both parties funding such activity show they only want chaos, nothing more. Via Chaos they are able to control both sides very easily, and dont have to be accountable to anyone, but their own chaos. And the herd continues on grazing on radioactive grass in the valley of death. But then again, for every 1000 chopping at the branches of evil, there is one hacking at the root.

Yes, patience, and time is on our side. And we will wait until we have our Freedom and Liberty. I hope I live to see it.
edit on 8-8-2011 by HermitShip because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2011 by HermitShip because: add

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Here's a little free advice quoted directly from the end of this video; "Anyone who takes Andrew Breitbart seriously, does so at the risk of their own credibility."

Do you remember the Shirley Sherod discrimination fiasco?

Or, maybe you remember the highly deceptive "destroy Acorn" campaign orchestrated by O'Keefe and propagated by Brietbart. Or, how about the attempted wiretapping of Sen. Landrieu's office by the same?

Brietbart is a liar, plain & simple. I don't know why you don't just go ahead and quote Pinocchio himself?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
An elephant and donkey run a house and abuse it into disrepair for 25 to 50 years. Then along comes an English tea party moves in with them. A few month later he says "You know Elephant and Donkey, I will refuse to participate in abusing the house while I'm here. I hope you can figure out how to live with that."

Then national paper prints the headline: "Local Tea Party drives house into state of disrepair, and threatens to send house into state of collapse.". But nobody questions it, and everyone believes it, hook, line, and sinker. I would think ATS members are smart enough to look past what the media tells them to think about the situation, but so far have been disappointed with their level of gullibility about the situation in so many cases. The Tea Party deserves to be defended because they are being blamed for something that has nothing to do with them whatsoever.

The very idea of blaming 15% of congress, for what the other 85% are up to is more than a little ridiculous... in fact what kind of idiot would believe that?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

And as a riposte, you provide Rachel Maddow.

That's all anyone needs to know.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Ummm, except the article is by Kurt Schlichter not Andrew Breitbart. And while some of Breitbart's methods are wrong anything he does pales in comparison to the hate, hysteria, lies, disinformation, and misinformation spewed by the left about George Bush and conservatives in general for the entire 8 years Bush was President. Oh, and you attack Breitbart's credibility with a clip from Rachel Maddow? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black......

edit on 8-8-2011 by wasco2 because: typo

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

You want to cast anyone on MSNBC as having no credibility and that is fine. I am still waiting to find out why anyone should care what a washed up comedian who never made it big has to say. See, that whole shooting every messenger thing works both ways.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Maybe you could provide some evidence that Rachel Maddow has lied or is lying? The few times that I have witnessed Rachel making a mistake, she would immediately issue a correction and/or retraction. I challenge you to provide just one example of her deliberately fabricating lies.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

This took me 20 seconds on Google.
www.politifact.com...
She's a progressive shill. Why waste my time?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raznva
I'll say it...

I want him to fail!!!

This is just rude political rhetoric. In other words...FREE SPEECH!
Gotta Love It!

Evil Republicans, Or Stupid Republicans?
Current vote is in favor of "stupid."

... see the prank "USA Patriot Pledge" that 237 people actually signed and mailed in.
(Sample pledge: "I commit my children to pay for the wars America is fighting.")

...study shows that conservatives and Republicans are...wired differently than ...liberals

[Differences in brain activity of conservatives & liberals scienceblogs.com...]

...typical Republican Ann Coulter has to say about the wives who's husbands were burned alive in the twin towers on 9/11:

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband’s death so much."

guerillastickers.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

www.politifact.com...

Truth hurts don't it? Like pulling a tooth.
I don't blame you for not wanting to watch her. She must make you sick.

This is the opposite of progressive..GOP House Chooses Big Oil Over Granny

Exxon's taxes were actually less than zero! How's that possible? Because Big Oil's lobbyists have so skewed the tax system that Exxon was able to extract a $156 million rebate from us taxpayers last year. So Exxon is soaking us at the gas pump and sacking our public treasury to gain record profits for itself, while bestowing a royal fortune on its CEO. It wins, we lose.

With a record like that, you wouldn't think the oil league would need more handouts from government -- but then, you're not a Republican congressperson....
House Republicans voted unanimously to let the oil giants continue siphoning $4 billion a year out of our public treasury.

All 241 of the Republican/tea party House members -- with not even one dissenter in the bunch -- declared that in this time of a supposed budget "crisis," the neediest among us are not the elderly and the poor, but the little waifs of Big Oil.

As Casey Stengel once asked of the bumbling New York Mets team he was managing, "Can't anyone here play this game?"

Meanwhile, ExxonMobil just announced a 69 percent leap in profits this year, while Chevron, ConocoPhillips and others are enjoying similar jumps in theirs.

Guess what percentage of those enormous profits the corporations are likely to pay in taxes?

Zilch.

Last year, ExxonMobil, Chevron and ConocoPhilips each banked multibillion-dollar profits, yet far from paying even a dime in taxes, all three worked the loopholes to get multimillion-dollar refunds from us.

Republican lawmakers had a clear choice in dealing with the deficit. So why did they choose to cut off your granny's health care, while helping these corporate billionaires make off like bandits? I guess it's a matter of who you really love.

www.truth-out.org...

edit on 8-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Thomas Jefferson wrote the constitution. He was far from a moron.

For what it's worth, the US Constitution was primarily written by James Madison and Alexander Hamilton. Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence. Jefferson was in France as the US Ambassador most of the time when the Constitution was being written. If you check the fourth page you'll see Jefferson's name isn't included as one of the signatories.

That aside I find it absolutely amazing that fully grown adults don't understand the very simple principle that you can't come to a resolution on an issue if you can't figure out what it is you agree and disagree on (hence the S&P downgrade). Yelling and screaming at one another accomplishes nothing. Why is it so hard to focus on the issues rather than the rhetoric? Read the legislation, use the best real world data available to reach conclusions, and move forward. Reading an online op-ed and coming to an emotionally convenient conclusion is about as moronic as it gets.

That said the video was hilarious.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

www.politifact.com...

I think I challenged you to find me an instance where she "deliberately fabricated lies," not one where she apparently misunderstood the data as it was presented. Here's a quote or two from your source article;

The confusion, it appears, stems from a section in Lang’s memo that -- read on its own -- does project a $121 million surplus in the state’s general fund as of June 30, 2011.

This same situation has happened in the past, including during the tenure of Doyle, a Democrat. In January 2005, a fiscal bureau memo showed a similar surplus, but lawmakers approved a major fix of a Medicaid shortfall that would have eaten up that projected surplus.

So why does Lang write his biennial memo in a way that invites confusion?
Lang, a veteran and respected civil servant working in a nonpartisan job, told us he does not want to presume what legislative or other action will be taken to address the potential shortfalls he lists.

Better luck next time.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Thanks for the post. Now go spend an equal amount of time finding similar incidents for Obama. I'm not saying this because i like Bush. I think it's a good exercise to open yourself to reality. There is an agenda, and under Obama that agenda has continued. Our liberties and ability to criticize our president continue to DECREASE. Not increase.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

You know what? Its the things OBama did that he didnt say hed do that worries me. All those Executive Orders and such.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwfresh

Thanks for the post. Now go spend an equal amount of time finding similar incidents for Obama. I'm not saying this because i like Bush. I think it's a good exercise to open yourself to reality. There is an agenda, and under Obama that agenda has continued. Our liberties and ability to criticize our president continue to DECREASE. Not increase.

I voted for him. Why should I?
Not like I am going to impeach the man.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by buster2010

You know what? Its the things OBama did that he didnt say hed do that worries me. All those Executive Orders and such.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join