It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Riot In Tottenham London

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
There are all different groups involved in rioting.... this isn't just a black thing.... i've seen the ews reports and there are people of all differing backgrounds!!!!

Get your facts straight!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

Then your comment can be said for everybody whom lives in the UK Islands and not just England. After all our ancestors might come from Africa. That is where life started after all. So really you are a immigrant yourself.

And since there is white youths taken part in the riots as well. Are they immigrants also?

If you can prove beyond any doubt, that your ancestor links does not go back to either Rome, or Africa then I am validated on my comment.

And I do not mean go back a couple of hundred off years. Go back to when these Islands were first inhabited.
edit on 8-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
But you sir are denying millions of English people, and that is wrong.

And you sir are denying many more millions of English people their identity. See, when something belongs to everyone then it belongs to no-one. Ethnic identity is absolutely meaningless if people can choose to adopt it and by allowing people to do so, you are stealing the ancient birthright of tens of millions of people (in England alone) simply to appease the sensitivities of just a few million. The ethnic English have rights and feelings too you know. We never exclaimed that we wanted to surrender our identity and become all-inclusive. And I ask you again, why would immigrants want to identify as ‘English’ anyway? Why is identifying as ‘British’ not good enough?

Take Australia as an example. What would you call a white Australian whos great great grandparents mooved here from Itally? Italian? No - They are Australian, and everyone would agree with that. So why is it not the same in the UK?

The term ‘Australian’ has no ethnic connotations. It was not named after a specific ethnic group like England was.

What about the English who lived on Blighty's beautifull shores before they arrived?

Many moved to Wales and Cornwall, the rest (who were racially similar) assimilated and forged the new race of people called the ‘English’ along with the invading tribes. So, they were in fact present at the birth of the English people and, I believe, combined peacefully with the newer tribes. The key here is that assimilation was complicit, not enforced like it is now.

edit on 8/8/2011 by Cythraul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
If you can prove beyond any doubt, that your ancestor links does not go back to either Rome, or Africa then I am validated on my comment.

I do not need to prove anything to you, not least something as un-provable as that. You would not ask a Maori to prove their ancestral link to New Zealand before proclaiming them indigenous. But for some reason, if you’re white European, or worse still – English, you are asked to jump through hoops of fire to justify your heritage and identity. Would you rather see the original English all-but-wiped-out and the land that was once England become a predominantly multicultural bizarre populated mostly by people of non-European extraction? Would you like to see England disappear? England is not just a piece of land, it is a people, a culture, a set of values. Replace the people and you destroy England forever. Still enjoying your time up there on the moral high-ground, having erased an entire nation from the planet?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The what your commenting on is pure gibberish, a lot of crap, if you are from the UK, you are as much an immigrant like everyone else on these islands.
Culture changes,which has happened, get over it already. The generation nowadays are totally different to what it was years ago.
edit on 8-8-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
NiCE !!!!!

A Footlocker store was one of several shops looted in Brixton

That footlocker took a beating!!!

then it burned..

The only time I would go back to a footlocker
any ways would be if it was getting mobbed raped....

That stores notoriously over priced.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Get over it? Hardly!

The English are re-asserting themselves and their identity all over England. it will become apparent in the coming years, and believe me we're not looking for your approval. We're not going out without a whimper either. Call whoever you want to 'English' - human words on the matter mean nothing. Fact is fact whatever you'd prefer to believe.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Sorry - you are talking nonsence.

First go learn some history.

Then consider how English you might be - perhaps your forefathers came to the UK 5 generations ago? Perhaps youare of Roman decent? Still English.

I am English. I was born there, as were my parents and ther's before them for as many generations as we have been able to trace. But I nor live in Australia. And when I can I will become a citizen and call myself an Australian. Is that wrong? English is not a race, or a breed. We are not Gods special people.

You preach devision, seperation, difference. Not cool.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You preach genocide, theft, conformity.

Good day!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

you seem to struggle with the concept that british is not the same as english go grab a passport tell me where it says ENGLISH. oh would you look at that it says BRITISH. fact is you can't become english by moveing here only british. english is historicle like roman the only difference is we're still here so we still have rights nomatter how much racists dislike that.

gess only brown ethnic groups are allowed to show pride in there heritage

oh and how can we all be immigrants when we have unique haplo groups that pre-dates the romans by 8,000 years....oh we can't

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Sorry - you are talking nonsence.

First go learn some history.

Then consider how English you might be - perhaps your forefathers came to the UK 5 generations ago? Perhaps youare of Roman decent? Still English.

I am English. I was born there, as were my parents and ther's before them for as many generations as we have been able to trace. But I nor live in Australia. And when I can I will become a citizen and call myself an Australian. Is that wrong? English is not a race, or a breed. We are not Gods special people.

take your first two line and apply to yourself. are you going to start calling yourself by the name the natives call them shelves in oz? no, then why would somebody want to do that in Britain. english IS a breed as you put it ethnic group as i put it. that 160 iq is not helping your comprehension of whats being said

edit on 8/8/11 by Aceofclubs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
First time on ATS for a while. Just seen the news and it's going on in Hackney London. News reader saying the Police are sending lots of dogs in. Now they are saying Birmingham too is under attack from riots! Is this actually organised rather than angry youths? Who the heck is organising this?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I don't think it's overly organised, more rioters realising that the more they spread out, the thinner the police are spread. Rioters in Birmingham know the focus is on London and police may have been sent from Birmingham to lend support... The more spread out the violence is, the harder it is for the police to control it.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

No they have not, Police are out in force in Birmingham, in riot gear. Shops were advised to shut early. Shoppers were becoming angry over having been shoved out early. They decided to help themselves.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Looks like a war zone from the Eastern Front in WW2 right now on Sky and BBC. Are these kids....? Nah, it looks very organised. This is managed and manipulated. By whom? If it spreads from London and Brum to other cities then what? Our military is going to be needed here, but it's busy in foreign climes, killing Afghans and Libyans. Will it spread to Italy and France etc?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

I stand corrected, BBC stated that 12 police forces had sent officers to London, I merely assumed these may come from other cities as they would be more suited.

In any case, good, hopefully Birmingham will not be able to reach the state London is in.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
BBC now reporting they (TPTB) are sending in the cavalry, horse mounted police going in and the sun is just about to set. Live footage shows rioters in hoodies and face masks, defo looks organised

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I certainly hope the army isn't needed...not for the sake of the rioters. But the army will bring raised violence in the riots, and if some rioters decide to fire weapons at the army (who will almost certainly have weapons) we may see firefights in the streets.

Think Northern Ireland. However if it IS more organised than I hope we may have little choice if the rioters can keep it up.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Maybe it's just pure criminality, geezers with mobiles egging on their mates, reportedly gangs going easy on each other and making an alliance to join in the mayhem. Civilisation seems so fragile right now.

Hey the London Olympics is almost tomorrow, maybe they will switch it to a safe venue?

These kids need educating properly, I always think that every kid should be shipped off to Namibia and taken on a tour of an Informal settlement outside Windhoek, 99.99999% would never complain about our British standard of living again in their lifetime.

Wow, cars are on fire everywhere in Peckham - hope Del Boy and Rodney are ok

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Nothing co-ordinated as such.

Brummies just don't like Cockney's out-doing them.

We Northerner's need to be seriously wound up before we take to the streets.

Seriously, people are just so pissed off with the complete lack of regard or interest shown for their cares and concerns as politicians just continue to do as they wish unopposed and unchallenged whilst using the police as their private enforcers.

Direct action does work but I can't condone the burning and looting of local businesses etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join