It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Riot In Tottenham London

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

This video shows that these people have the will to win.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
There are protestors out there but the aren't in hoods and balaclavas they are in uniform.The police are showing the government what a bad idea all the proposed cuts to the force are.

I can see some backtracking by the government after all this with regards to police cuts.

What a mess the world is in at the minute, could really do with some groundbreaking positive news of any kind with regards to humankind and the world soon.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by macdad1
There are protestors out there but the aren't in hoods and balaclavas they are in uniform.The police are showing the government what a bad idea all the proposed cuts to the force are.

I can see some backtracking by the government after all this with regards to police cuts.

What a mess the world is in at the minute, could really do with some groundbreaking positive news of any kind with regards to humankind and the world soon.

What an excelent observation. The police have been conspicuous by their absence in so many locations occross London for the last 3 nights.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
OMG this poor bloke who has taken a beating is at first helped up but rioters then they rob him
We need martial law curfews plastic bullets and tear gas probably army too. Crack down hard and fast to nip this in the bud otherwise the whole country will descend into anarchy.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
So Theresa May has said they won't be going in heavy if it continues as they will be sorting it out by looking through cctv footage.

By tonight Theresa? You're going to have those people locked up via cctv evidence by tonight?

Who's going to look through this cctv footage since all the admin job cuts, the frontline cops?

She's a dead woman walking anyway all the police force want her gone but that's just an insane response to the problem.

And Dave is heading to a cobra meeting at 9.00am (it wont actualy start until he's flashed a few cut short holiday pics and had a cup of earl grey) with probably the same strategy if she's stating that to the press.

Get out there and do your bit for the big society by taking pictures and making cups of tea for anyone in distress.

Utter shambles.

Britian is going to burn again tonight as even more people get the whiff of an ineffectual police force and the best opportunity for free goods they'll ever see.

Idiots and scumbags the lot of them.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Is this still actively going on, three days later?

I'm watching and reading all I can, but I'd like to know if they're dying down or if they're still going strong.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRedfield
Is this still actively going on, three days later?

I'm watching and reading all I can, but I'd like to know if they're dying down or if they're still going strong.

Last night was the worst night yet and It's also spread outside of london to other cites...

It's not dying down, It's getting worse.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I like the way they completely ruled out the use of water cannons and bringing in the army as "that is not how we police in this country". What a crock. They also said that the way they DO police is by having officers on the ground working with the communities. Thats working isnt it!!
Bring in the army, thats the ONLY way they will be able to get the situation under control as there simply isnt enough police to do it.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
I have never heard so many police sirens in my life. My girls are seriously worried. If any God loving christians are on this thread I ask you to pray as I am picking up a bad feeling behind all this.

My thoughts are with you and your daughters. Be strong and trust your instinct.

And you're right about "Rivers of Blood".

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

That video just abut sums up the mentality of these people. Beat you up, give you some help then nick everything from your bag. A sick culture.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I just read this, posted on the Supporting the Met Police against the London rioters on FB.

Jolita Kaspar
"In the middle east, people riot to gain their freedom. Here, we trespass on the freedom of others to get a pair of trainers and a flatscreen tv."

I lived in London for over 20 years. It is heartbreakeing to see all this happening.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I have received a couple of calls from friends of mine who live in different parts of London and both said they had heard that gangs of black youths were roaming aroung looking for white people.

I know this is just second hand hearsay but I really hope it's wrong, if correct then it could prove to be the spark for major escalation.

Both my friends are well respected people who have nothing at all to gain by spreading such rumours, one is white and one is black.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Some of these people rioting are saying they are doing it because the police are being racist towards them. That could well be a valid reason if it were just black or asian or whoever rioting, but the truth is its absolutely everybody who thinks they can get away with it, no matter what skin colour they are. These people who say they are being discriminated against by the police for whatever reason are showing that the police DO have valid reasons to stop and search/arrest them because they ARE all criminals!!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is nothing but an excuse for a crimewave, these criminals are using "protest" as an excuse for enriching themselves at others expense, if you want to protest and be taken seriously, riot at police stations, at parliament, at the local council offices and at the M.P's offices maybe at banks too but PLEASE DO NOT TAKE IT OUT ON YOUR FELLOW CITIZENS we're all in the same boat

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm replying to all threads about this so the truth gets out.
This is mainly young people around 13-25 or possibly a bit older using the
death of the guy killed who is well known throughout his area, like in world
war 2. The main reason is because the governments cuts have reached
a certain point and now poor community's are suffering. Due to cuts
like the EMA and increase in pensioners money which is ridiculous.
So that is what actually ignite the whole thing, enough is enough for them.

Its not just black people or any other ethnic minority but every young
person who has any confidence will grab anything they can even though they
will be deported sooner or later. They haven't come to my street which is lucky
since we have lots of parked cars here . Turkish people have armed themselves
in Haringey area so if that place is to get attacked there is going to be a massacre.

All I can say is those who are not in the now called "Riot" are those who can afford
a home for themselves and live in luxury compared to immigrants who cannot find
a job unlike what they say that they do not want jobs, bull unemployment has
increased by far, this is putting pressure on young people and cuts is causing
frustration and anger in the younger population. The police can just arrest a few
and young won't listen to them, things are not gonna be under control untill I guess
martial law is declared.

Sincerely: A voice from London

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
audioboo.fm...

This is how shallow and insipid these morons really are:

audioboo.fm...

This sickening brainlessness from 2 teen girls sums up the whole siuation for me.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

he victim of a police shooting did not fire at officers before he was killed, according to a report by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

An IPPC ballistics report said there was "no evidence" that a handgun found at the scene had been used.

Does anyone want to take back what they have posted on this Thread? Or is it too much for some members to admit they were wrong?

Sky News

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

'Prove they can do what they want'?

Come and try that nonsense in my town then those horrible scummy southern tramps would get kicked from here all the way back to London and we wouldn't need any police to help us.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I don't know much about Police over seas, I was always told that Police in England are not armed ( no guns, stop or I say stop again) , but I have to ask anyways.

Couldn't they enforce a curfew for "kids" , and if found out side taken home and charged, parents charged?

If the people out there are are attacking police, no rubber bullets? nothing?
no large water hose to push people back from store fronts? Ear piercing sound weapons to push them back?

Not that I'm always for authority using these things, but really , it sounds as if its not a real protest , just looting from people who own stores, hurting there own area.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Apparently about 150 Millwall and Charlton lads, not EDL but 'proper boys', are patrolling their local area defying anyone who intends to riot.

Vigilantes or concerned citizens protecting their community?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join