It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo children ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
you are not making any sense
i don't understand your logic

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If anyone is going to reply to this, please read my post in full before doing so, thank you.

I participate on a forum for idigo's but I do not like the label and common definitions, there is a lot of disinformation out there on the topic, a lot of people just make things up which makes us all look like idiots, on both sides of the argument.

Jim Carry explains my view of what I think being "indigo" is about, which is not necessarily in my opinion something only certain people are born into, but I think it something only some people open themselves to.

He describes having a spiritual experience, and I've had an experience literally just like the one he describes so I know he is not crazy, it sounds like he is speaking metaphorically or exaggerating the feeling he had, but it is not an exaggeration, the feeling is literally like feeling infinity itself and can be compared to no other normal emotion, even winning the lottery or love in a relationship(not to downplay that feeling which imo is priceless, but my point is the experience something outside of normal human perception, outside the bounds of time etc).

Also read my quote in my sig describing the same thing from a Muslim who experienced it (I am not a Muslim btw, my point is this is nothing new).

See, once you experience something like that, it is not easy to live your life normally. If you know for a fact that life is just a spiritual experience, in the end everything will be OK, death is nothing to fear, all the answers literally lay within etc... being surrounded by people controlled by fear and hate and disunity can drive you nuts. I know because I went to the phyc unit months after I had my major experience. When your a kid and experience something like that it can be difficult to explain as eloquently as Mr. Carry. You may feel like you know better than everyone else because you know what you've experienced and have faith, not because your a narcissist.

This, I can assure you, can translate into behavioral problems and sometimes delusions, it can be difficult to force yourself to participate in a society based on greed and fear when you've "experienced the light" per say, so it's easy to loose motivation or lash out in unproductive ways. It is also easier for Mr. Carry being a celebrity, he can express his ideas at conferences like that and what not, but being a young person, coping can be f'd up, and result in "bi polar" or extreme cases manifest as schizo. I don't think bi polar is an illness(and that's from someone diagnosed with it), I think it is a result of thinking differently than the rest of the world which can result in times of stress as well as euphoria and understanding. If everyone else in a bi-polar persons life understood I think that would make the negative symptoms disappear, as the "chemical imbalances" do not cause the psychological problems, the psychology (formed by your social life and experiences etc) cause the chemical imbalances. The medical field literally has it backward for the most part IMO.

With that being said, OP, I completely understand your view you expressed in your first post, but I hope you can understand mine even if you think I'm delusional(I am not saying that in a cynical fashion, I just know I am making claims that people shouldn't just take my word for) because I agree, there is a lot of ignorant crap online on the topic.

Oh, anyone who knows what s good listen to the EP by rapper CANIBUS "the children of the indigo" and "eternal boundless" by rapper Atma, it's refreshing hear other people you've never met say whats in your head.
edit on 1-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
. . . there is a lot of disinformation out there on the topic, a lot of people just make things up which makes us all look like idiots, on both sides of the argument.

For sure. My "guys" (guides) # 1 message to me is "beware of false prophets".

Indigo really only refers to a blue aura color.

The complexity of all that "energy/light beings" encompass is vast (whether you believe it or not). Definitely not limited to one color of an aura.

. . . the feeling is literally like feeling infinity itself and can be compared to no other normal emotion

Yes! It has to be experienced. And I've been experiencing it since 1946 - - - long before it had a label.

. . . it can be difficult to force yourself to participate in a society based on greed and fear when you've "experienced the light" per say

Absolutely! Wish I'd had the internet back in the 50s. It was a very lonely and difficult time.

In an OBE - - a man in a long white robe told me to stop trying to go home. He told me I was too young to understand "walking in 2 worlds" - - that I had to remain in the physical world.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I agree with that, as well as the rest of your post, but I tend not to speak about auroras, because it is a turn off to those who think it is all mumbo jumbo and non sense.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

I did the indigo kid test as well, (like the fool that i am), and surprise surprise, i am an indigo kid.

There is something that really bothers me about this indigo kid thing, seriously bothers me, does anyone agree that it smacks of "master race" , "were superior than you", perhaps im being paranoid, but i really dont like this indigo theory. I find it very uncomfortable. And for those who would defend them, then good luck trying to persuade me that they dont think theyre better than most of us. Its elitist.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
does anyone agree that it smacks of "master race" , "were superior than you",

The only people who say/feel that are the skeptics.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

reply to post by jed001

I did the indigo kid test as well, (like the fool that i am), and surprise surprise, i am an indigo kid.

There is something that really bothers me about this indigo kid thing, seriously bothers me, does anyone agree that it smacks of "master race" , "were superior than you", perhaps im being paranoid, but i really dont like this indigo theory. I find it very uncomfortable. And for those who would defend them, then good luck trying to persuade me that they dont think theyre better than most of us. Its elitist.

Hey, if you read my post I say I don't necessarily think it is a gift something people are born with, I think it is something for anyone who opens themselves to it. I don't think has anything to do with genetics or race, but more with and person on a spiritual level. I also think tests like the one you did are dumb. Please read my post for a more reasonable explanation.

I also think "indigos" are no better than regular people and everybody has a purpose in life and that everyone is equally important in the grand scheme. Again, please read my post because there is a lot of non sense on the internet.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

I agree with that, as well as the rest of your post, but I tend not to speak about auroras, because it is a turn off to those who think it is all mumbo jumbo and non sense.

Energy produces heat and color. The body is energy that produces heat - - which shows color.

For skeptics to make mumbo-jumbo of that - - - - shows they are just arguing to argue.

I personally do not use the label Indigo - - - I use "light being" - "energy being" - "non-physical energy consciousness" - "evolved spiritual being" - - stuff like that.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

I never had any knowledge before 2 months ago about the Indigo Children. All of my life i have been trying to discover more about my unusual abilities. Mostly being my empathy and graphic dreams. My curiosity seemed to keep bringing people into my life with the same ideals who had my answers. I just take in everything as grains of sand. So i guess you could say i found out because indigos seem to attract others like themselves in times of need or self discovery. I needed to know more and i discovered a fellow indigo but a first generation born on my birthday; different year of course; with the full knowledge of my curiosities. Even as i heard the description indigo i remember a psychic telling my mother that my aura was purple and i was meant for great things. So i researched it a little and i didn't even have to get through the first paragraphs to know it described me. The words were still spoken through only one observing perspective though. So i am still seeking answers. Indigo is just the color of my aura. It just means my mind tends observe the world just a little different. The purple in the aura is accessed through your crown chakra. It isn't ADD its just unlike most people when i enter a room i feel peoples emotions, hear inflictions of words. I look at faces and can see if a person is weighted with a something because i can see it in their eyes. As a child it was always a heavy burden to bear, because it was hard to separate my emotion from those around me. I knew it wasn't normal but couldn't acknowledge it for fear of being yet again misdiagnosed, so it's not a label for me. For me a label it just societies way of explaining something they don't understand. Now I know my birthday falls in that year range predicted and some things fall into perspective, but i still have no answers. I am an indigo child; now and indigo adult seeking a path of enlightenment and self discovery. Hoping to find a way to heal people with my empathic abilities. September 20th i saw a ufo so i guess there could be stranger things.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I see, so we must be skeptical because we dont swallow the "indigo child" theory. There are people out there who dont conform to the norm, there always has been psychics, healers, gurus, spiritual people, I just am very uncomfortable with the "indigo child" label. It smacks of being special (you cant deny this), but ultimately were all special, were all gods children, its just that some have decided to take a spiritual path. it does not make them better people.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I see, so we must be skeptical because we dont swallow the "indigo child" theory. .

Is that what I said?

Don't think so.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

reply to post by jed001

We all have the potential for speciality and therefore all are special yes, but the fact that you feel very "master race" about this would mean you are already subjecting yourself to believe there is a scalar system of superiority for Man.

It is only the egotistical mindset of Man with its false sense of self identification that worries about things such as uniqueness and speciality. When a child is born he does not care about being special or different, he simply lives his life. As he grows up though, he sees that the world strives on individuality - everyone has their "story" that they believe makes up who they are. Now he is a teenager and tries all sorts of things to try and create an identification for himself. (Tell me you do not see this in teens. They are always wanting the latest, newest thing that will set them above the rest with their uniqueness. However, it is still a form of expression, just as the Universe.) Now the boy has his ego fully in check and is chocked full of multiple "I am" statements; "I am a highschooler. I am a punk-rocker. I am a cool dude." All of these things just reinforce the fact that he believes he is separate from everyone else. If you were to tell him that "you are just the same as everyone, and we are all one that is God." it would offend his ego and he would deny it. That is just how the ego works. I can't say why but it loves to reinforce itself, perhaps so it may exist even longer. Of course, when I refer to the ego I am not talking about being "confident" I just mean the voice inside your head that is ever-paradoxal.

Now, I know you of course stated the fact that we are all one, but with what I have read you said the fact that people believe Indigo Children to be more superior than others makes you uncomfortable. I do not know you, but I would say that sounds like an ego being insecure and having a superiority complex, even if you claim to have "scored" as an Indigo Child on said "test".

If Indigo Children are truly "real" and are as people claim them to be, why should they not be praised for their "superiority"? Of course, judging as this way is just another dualistic concept created by the ego of what is good and bad. However, I am still a common person and have not been able to let go of my ego as well, so I would submit that these Indigo Children do deserve acknowledgement for being special! I consider them a blessing (this is all in the hypothesis that they are real, of course) and welcome them! So long has Man fell victim to the negativity of this world and hopefully these children can help usher in a new age of love - or at least be a sign that it is on the rise. Again, these things are all relative to this world and dualism but I am not at the point of leaving those things behind me so I will continue to make these opinions.

I am only 19 years of wordly age and would easily fall into the category of being an "Indigo Child". I have even had people tell me this (not that that offer much validity.), but I care not about such titles as it is just a word and another label, nor do I care to believe that I am one as it would just reinforce my sense of identification (of course, even the act of not caring can offer a sense of identification - very paradoxal). That being said, I think it would be acceptable to not generalize all of these children as believing they are superior, nor generalizing the people that believe in them.

@CREAM
Thank you for showing this video. It is to my understanding that Jim Carrey is a friend of spiritual teacher Eckhart Tolle. Tolle even gave him the idea for his movie The Number 23 which is about a form of schizophrenia (that which Tolle believes is the state of the mind. "Who am I and who is asking 'who am I'?").

@Topic
Yes, I believe ADD does show some common symptoms with an Indigo Child. Funny that there are supposedly more and more of these children and also more children being diagnosed with ADD. However, does anyone consider that maybe someone with ADD is not meant to be in an office type environment (such as a classroom) and is meant to be in a location that best suites their needs? Such as: outside or in a setting where a short attention span is needed? (I can't think of a setting, however.)

Sorry for the ramble, and thank you.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I see, so we must be skeptical because we dont swallow the "indigo child" theory.

You make it sound like being skeptical is bad bad thing. Yes, you not believing the theory, by definition, makes you skeptical about this issue.

Skeptical "Not easily convinced; having doubts or reservations."

It's good to be skeptical about everything, yes, but implying you are not skeptical about this issue is just improper English. Anyone NOT skeptical about indigos are the ones that believe in the theory.

So, yes, again, you are skeptical, and that is not a bad thing, it is just the fact of the matter. Also, did you see my post in response to your master race opinion?
edit on 2-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

With that being said, OP, I completely understand your view you expressed in your first post, but I hope you can understand mine even if you think I'm delusional(I am not saying that in a cynical fashion, I just know I am making claims that people shouldn't just take my word for) because I agree, there is a lot of ignorant crap online on the topic.

Oh, anyone who knows what s good listen to the EP by rapper CANIBUS "the children of the indigo" and "eternal boundless" by rapper Atma, it's refreshing hear other people you've never met say whats in your head.
edit on 1-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

i don't think you're delusional and i have never had an experience like you did. i think if i did i would probally have a different point of view on the subject, i am just trying to find out why people are attracted to the "indigo" phenomenon

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

reply to post by jed001

that is my question are indigo kids trying to say that they are "superior" or are they just trying to make up their own click because they weren't the coolest or the best jock or the smartest or are parents trying to label their kids as "indigo" becuase they don't want to think that they have a special needs child and feel less of themselves as parents.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
[quoteI personally do not use the label Indigo - - - I use "light being" - "energy being" - "non-physical energy consciousness" - "evolved spiritual being" - - stuff like that.

i like " evolved spiritual being " much better than indigo

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demure897
reply to post by jed001

..... Mostly being my empathy and graphic dreams. .... It isn't ADD its just unlike most people when i enter a room i feel peoples emotions, hear inflictions of words. I look at faces and can see if a person is weighted with a something because i can see it in their eyes.

it sounds like you're a lucid dreamer. for years i have had lucid dreams and just thought that everyone did but i just recently found out that only certain people do. people that are very observant in the real world tend to be very observant in the dream world and when they see something that is not right they know that they are dreaming and that opens up a whole new world

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yes i am a lucid dreamer. I can always tell when the dreams are real though because i won't want to wake up. I will feel like every detail is important and i usually write the dream down immediately after waking. I've drempt about nibiru coming to earth, tsunamis. I remember having a dream of a farm house burning in a wheat field for a week. Not even 2 days later the news reported an abandon hose burning for 7 days before extinguished. I live in Texas, so i remember looking outside and seeing the slight smoke in the sky. My first words to my boyfriend were. Oh my god there are a lot of houses burning down and so many people are dying. I saw the news and it was confirmed almost 4 hours later. I've done that a a child too dreaming about fire before houses burn down. Days before dreaming about the area in vivid detail. My main concern as an indigo child though is my empathic ability, and ability to see when people "teeter" between life and death. I can sense when someone is overwhelmed by depression even at a distance. I used to be able to tell by seeing auras. They always looked black and i felt an overwhelming urgency the contact them immediately. Every time i was correct and was confided in. My problem though is as a sensitive person i sometimes feel overwhelmed when i go out to public places. I have close family who where shaman and faith healers, so most of the techniques of healing come naturally to me, as well as divination( tarot cards, tea leaves, cleansing people and houses, palm reading) I am well aware that it is my purpose to use these gifts to become a healer. I ofter visualize the people who i will help in the future. Again my problem is there is so little information on what it is the feel it and actually be vs video on how to parent one.
My other concern was to the parents who have read these documents listed on the subject who depict these children as (arrogant little spoiled pains in the rear) if i can be frank. This indigo is just a label and if it has been accepted into the scientific community it is still undergoing observation. These documents have a lot of key details, but the only way to know what your child is experiencing is my asking. I urge all parents of said indigo children to let there children know that they can confide in them; because it is a confusing lifestyle that has no off switch; and these sensitives Need the support.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
People can say what ever they want about Indigo children. But every one is missing the point of what an indigo child IS. An indigo child is a child (or adult) that was born with an indigo aura or has been able to develop one.

The indigo aura is the aura of the 3rd eye. It is a state of being where you are connected with the universe. Indigo children are not ADD or mental. Real Indigo children just understand God and love and spirituality above others.

Being an Indigo child does not give you special powers (other than love). Well you could count connection to God as a special power.

But it all comes down to SPIRITUALITY.

i understand the concept of the indigo energy aura, but i am still skeptical by nature. i have never seen an aura and never had my aura viewed, so i throw that into the same lot as Santa( don't get me wrong i love santa and all he stands for) and God. Until i have proof or an experience to prove it to myself; i am open to the idea but not sold 100 percent. what if some of these kids who the parents claim are "indigo" are not. simple enough. what if they need help and they can get help but the parents don't want to, are they doing harm to their own children. I always say that drugs should be the last choice for kids and i see to many parents put their own kids on drugs because the parents are to busy. the whole "indigo" idea is a wonderful thing but lets make sure our kids are safe first.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
and who gets to determine who has an indigo aura, is there away to prove what color anyone's arura is or will you pay enough money for someone to tell you that you are special? so what color is your aura

There is aura photography.

where i need to get my aura photographed. we should all get our auras photographed and put the pictures up here.
i wonder if i will be an indigo or not, maybe i will find out that i am just a self hating indigo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join