It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo children ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
People can say what ever they want about Indigo children. But every one is missing the point of what an indigo child IS. An indigo child is a child (or adult) that was born with an indigo aura or has been able to develop one...

Absolute gibberish.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
reply to post by jed001

But you believe in opened eyed faith, correct? Having faith that God will some day come down from the sky and save you is a little iffy but having faith that there is some thing bigger than us and there is more to this world than what we see that is where faith can be blind or open eyed..... At least for me.

i have always said that i believe in God as much as i believe in Santa Claus. On another note, have you ever seen God and Santa at the same party?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I believe the increase in Spirituality being experienced by many is completely compatible with decreased religious service attendance. In our current culture, many religious organizations are dominated by man-created dogma and are disconnected from their own spiritual core.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
reply to post by Annee

I believe the increase in Spirituality being experienced by many is completely compatible with decreased religious service attendance. In our current culture, many religious organizations are dominated by man-created dogma and are disconnected from their own spiritual core.

That makes sense.

As said - I was "Born this Way" - - having OBEs and other experiences as young as 5. Before I was corrupted by "teachings".

But - if someone wants factual data - - - they can go elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Reply to post by Annee

Why should they go somewhere else? I mean if you were truth born this way as Lady Ga Ga put it. You should be able to provide factual evidence.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
Reply to post by Annee

Why should they go somewhere else? I mean if you were truth born this way as Lady Ga Ga put it. You should be able to provide factual evidence.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Could you try and explain that in more comprehensive terms.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritualStar
reply to post by Thundersmurf

To each his own...

2nd

"to each his own is beautiful". Yes you are right. We derive our beauty only from ourselves. Beleiving in the "Indigo" thing and defining yourself by it detracts from your true beauty. I'm not sure why you quoted that. Perhaps you misunderstand its meaning.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
having two children myself, my major concern with the "indigo child" it seems to me in many instances the parent wants their child called an "indigo child" for the parent's sake and not the child well being. I would hate to see children that really need special help not get it because the parents don't want to look like they are doing a bad job

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
having two children myself, my major concern with the "indigo child" it seems to me in many instances the parent wants their child called an "indigo child" for the parent's sake and not the child well being. I would hate to see children that really need special help not get it because the parents don't want to look like they are doing a bad job

EVERY child should be raised from the inside out.

In other words - let the child show who they are. Then as a parent encourage and provide avenues to strengthen their uniqueness - - as well as redirecting negatives.

In reality - - No One ever has to live with anyone but themselves. Its important to like who you are - - because you have to live with that person - - yourself.

If there really are Indigos - - - then discouraging that can also be damaging. Imagine being "connected" to something beyond this physical world - - and your parent tells you its nonsense.

Of course I also understand what you are saying. I was a very "out there" child. I could definitely have benefited from special help. But what kind of help? Are counselors and teachers open enough to hear a child talk about visiting other worlds? Or talking to unusual beings in OBEs?

My older daughter is an ADD. My grandson is on the Autism Spectrum Fringe. At least I've had personal experience with "out there" children - - including myself. But - how many people involved in raising children have?

As "they" say - - - children do not come with training manuals. All you can do is be open and let the children guide you. And NO - that does not mean letting a child run wild. We still have to live in a controlled society.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

i agree every child is an individual and should be allowed to devlop their own personality, but i also feel that i would watch out for any warning signs of ADD and get that check if the behavior is to extreme and could end up hurting the child. my son has 6 kids on his soccer team that are all taking some kind of medication and i feel that it is a bit extreme i always think medication should be used last

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I remember an interview with a supposed Indigo child called Boriska.

That was so pathetic...

What about the magenta, green, blue, yellow, white, turquoise, rose or orange children?

edit on 9-8-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

i agree every child is an individual and should be allowed to devlop their own personality, but i also feel that i would watch out for any warning signs of ADD and get that check if the behavior is to extreme and could end up hurting the child. my son has 6 kids on his soccer team that are all taking some kind of medication and i feel that it is a bit extreme i always think medication should be used last

I was extremely fortunate with my ADD daughter - - which was back in 1974. Long before ADD became a faux epidemic.

I had an amazing doctor - who only allowed kids to be on minimal medication during school hours - - for a few month blocks. In other words his belief was - - when a child recognizes the difference in behavior - - they will want to retain it on their own. So six months meds - - off six months - - reevaluate.

He told me - - I don't care if you have to turn your home into a padded cell so your daughter can bounce off the wall - - NO medicating at home. And that is exactly what we did.

We used diet and exercise. We put her on a swim team - - she swam every night and meets on weekends.

I also got lucky that a new experimental program was placed in one grade school - one middle school - one high school in the entire state. Her grade school was chosen.

Her son was extremely hyper. Nicknamed him Tigger. If you have ever dealt with legitimate ADD - - you can recognize the difference between a hyper kid and a true ADD. His school wanted to medicate him. Gramma - new better and strongly made sure the school and teachers understood
. He was not medicated.

So absolutely - - I know exactly what you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

i really believe diet and ADD symptoms go hand in hand i see so many kids jacked up on sugar and junk food and we wonder why there are hyper. i keep no soda in my house where my son will go over his friends and they drink soda non stop.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by StalkingGoogle

And how exactly is that absolute gibberish? Just because you say so does not make it so.
You need that info.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Yes I have actually. Santa was the door man and Jesus was the DJ

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
As an indigo child myself, i know that there isn't much difference in parenting an indigo child. In fact in most cases the child end up parenting themselves. Instilling their own forms of stability and creative outlets. As a child they will feel extremely a tune with nature, their emotions and the emotions of others almost to the point of telepathy. They will be intelligent and inquisitive. I was able to pick up instruments and play at will. I could hear a song once and recite it back to myself at 3. I had a college reading level in the second grade. I had vivid, graphic and colorful dreams that occasionally happened, and i was so in tuned with people emotionally that it felt as thought their negativity would enter my aura even at a distance. I could sense suicidal, or depressed people even at a distance without ever knowing a thing about them. Here is an example as a child around age 6 i remember whilst spending the weekend with my father and step-mother i remembered a few occasions feeling an overwhelming urgency to return home immediately, sometimes after only being being there an hour. i would grab my dad's car keys and yell at him i needed to go home NOW!! I would throw a fit until he would give in. Later in my life my mother explained how my unexpected visits would prevent her from successful suicide attempts.So how are these children making a difference? How are they leading in the new generations? The answer is they're not. Most indigo's themselves are still trying to discover their true purpose. Bringing with their curiosity new ways to understand the human brain and its capabilities. Now there is the scientific acceptance of theta, beta and alpha brain waves, esp, telepathy, hypnosis. Change takes time and the indigo children are only now budding into adulthood.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Demure897

how did you come to this self-awareness that you were an indigo? did your parents tell you that you were or did you feel the need to have a special label for yourself . i have done research on the indigo child, and i could label myself as an indigo alot of the characteristics are very broad; i just don't feel the need to label myself and am happy with who i am

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

i just don't feel the need to label myself and am happy with who i am

Do you fear labeling yourself?

Do you fear some might ridicule you for claiming to be Indigo?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

i don't feel the need for a label

i don't fear your ridicule

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

i don't feel the need for a label

i don't fear your ridicule

You fear a label?

If you feel you are an Indigo - - - how does that keep you from being everything else?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join