It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo children ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i have been doing some reaerch on the "Indigo Children" phenomena and based on some of the research i have done it .truly seems that parents of these so called : Indigo children" are doing them a huge disservice.

According to research psychologist Russell Barkley, the New Age movement has yet to produce empirical evidence of the existence of indigo children, as the 17 traits most commonly attributed to them were akin to the Forer effect (i.e., so vague they could describe nearly anyone). Many critics see the concept of indigo children as made up of extremely general traits, a sham diagnosis that is an alternative to a medical diagnosis, with a complete lack of science or studies to support it

I think if parents have their childern labeled as special needs the parents feel that it is a poor reflection on them and would rather say that they are an "indigo child" instead of taking resonsibility for their childs special needs and geting their child the real help that they need to succeed.

I recenlty read a post here and the traits of an "indigo child" where so vauge that i could call myself an "indigo child". maybe i am just a self-hating "indigo child" but ui realy think i am just a realist.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
i think that the "indigo children" ADHD issues have both come up in the same time frame, i think so much of this is happening becasue of all the junk we are introducing to the food supply so i try and go as natural and organic as possible for my family maybe this is why i don't have an indigo hue

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
i have been doing some reaerch on the "Indigo Children" phenomena and based on some of the research i have done it .truly seems that parents of these so called : Indigo children" are doing them a huge disservice.

According to research psychologist Russell Barkley, the New Age movement has yet to produce empirical evidence of the existence of indigo children, as the 17 traits most commonly attributed to them were akin to the Forer effect (i.e., so vague they could describe nearly anyone). Many critics see the concept of indigo children as made up of extremely general traits, a sham diagnosis that is an alternative to a medical diagnosis, with a complete lack of science or studies to support it

I think if parents have their childern labeled as special needs the parents feel that it is a poor reflection on them and would rather say that they are an "indigo child" instead of taking resonsibility for their childs special needs and geting their child the real help that they need to succeed.

I recenlty read a post here and the traits of an "indigo child" where so vauge that i could call myself an "indigo child". maybe i am just a self-hating "indigo child" but ui realy think i am just a realist.

Realist or not, what you say about the critics is what i read a while ago. They'll try to chalk it up to a mental disorder, playing the game and find a way to stop them. Just you watch, they'll come up with a pill that will hinder the indigo abilities, claiming the person is mentally ill.

I saw this coming a while ago - 1 maybe 2 years ago. I even told my sister 'You watch, they'll say the 'indigo phenomena' is some kind of mental illness... Heh.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
i am trying to stay open minded with this but , but mainstream science has been calling this a pseduo-science since it came out. don't take this question the wrong way but where you never special is school in the traditional sense , good at sports , music, smart, popular and calling yourself an indigo makes you feel good.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
[I saw this coming a while ago - 1 maybe 2 years ago. I even told my sister 'You watch, they'll say the 'indigo phenomena' is some kind of mental illness... Heh.

what if it really is a mental illness and chldren are not getting the help that they need because parents don't want to admit that there might be something wrong with their child?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

That is a very good question, and don't get me wrong, there could be some children out there that are 'mis-diagnosed' but when there's abilities like empathy, telepathy or anything down that road, how is it an illness? I'd say it's an opening mind myself.

I, for one am not an indigo, but I can tell one when I see them. It's the vibration they operate on, it's different somehow, but i can't explain how.

edit on 4-8-2011 by SpiritualStar because: Spelling fail.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Realist or not, what you say about the critics is what i read a while ago. They'll try to chalk it up to a mental disorder, playing the game and find a way to stop them. Just you watch, they'll come up with a pill that will hinder the indigo abilities, claiming the person is mentally ill.

I saw this coming a while ago - 1 maybe 2 years ago. I even told my sister 'You watch, they'll say the 'indigo phenomena' is some kind of mental illness... Heh.

Well they haven't come up with a pill yet have they? and despite that, nobody has shown the slightest bit of proof to show these 'abilities'. Shock horror. Oh, and it's not a phenomena because it's made up. Like Harry Potter
edit on 4-8-2011 by Thundersmurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I believe it's the combination of a sexually mixed up generation and manic depression, in a nut shell.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

To each his own...

2nd

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So if they do not drug their children they might be doing them harm?

I say let your children be "off" a bit, let them be lacking in "following the norm", but for God's sake don't trust drugs over expressive outlets and creative pursuits!

Maybe I would not feel this way if the OP was more specific about what "qualities" they are referring to. If it is because they will not sit still, well darn it blame it on how boring and spoon-fed schools are these days. Some children require more time outside of the chair environment!

Sorry, I really don't know what the OP is referring to!

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

i am always the last person to want to drug a child, but in some cases it is need so the child can focus and be less of a distration to other children trying to learn. But, after reading on the subject of "indigo children" and finding out that "most" indigo children have alot of the same issues as children with ADHD and that their parents do not want to think that their child may have a problem which could reflect poorly on their parenting abilities, i believe that the whole " indigo child" movement is just a crutch for parents.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
People can say what ever they want about Indigo children. But every one is missing the point of what an indigo child IS. An indigo child is a child (or adult) that was born with an indigo aura or has been able to develop one.

The indigo aura is the aura of the 3rd eye. It is a state of being where you are connected with the universe. Indigo children are not ADD or mental. Real Indigo children just understand God and love and spirituality above others.

Being an Indigo child does not give you special powers (other than love). Well you could count connection to God as a special power.

But it all comes down to SPIRITUALITY.

Romans 8:5-7

5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. 7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
People can say what ever they want about Indigo children. But every one is missing the point of what an indigo child IS. An indigo child is a child (or adult) that was born with an indigo aura or has been able to develop one.

The indigo aura is the aura of the 3rd eye. It is a state of being where you are connected with the universe. Indigo children are not ADD or mental. Real Indigo children just understand God and love and spirituality above others.

Ok - so you are right about what Indigo actually means. Its about an energy "level" that produces a specific blue color in the aura.

But why get all sappy with the God stuff?

If everything is energy - - it is possible/probable that "worlds" exist in different frequencies/levels (whatever).

Reaching a certain frequency/level in our world - - might cross over into another world.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

God is just a general term for universe or divine creator. Indigo certainly isn't about being religious ether.

But yeah I guess that could happen, which is a possibility why indigo children are usually in la la land.

But I need sleep so I will continue this convo later.

Bye all

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

God is just a general term for universe or divine creator. Indigo certainly isn't about being religious ether.

But yeah I guess that could happen, which is a possibility why indigo children are usually in la la land.

Bye all

OK - - yes I know god is a general term for universe/creator/force - - etc.

But the Love and God approach really turns some people off.

Oh - and I've been in that "la la land" since I was born. Its not easy staying grounded.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Bye all

OK - - yes I know god is a general term for universe/creator/force - - etc.

But the Love and God approach really turns some people off.

Oh - and I've been in that "la la land" since I was born. Its not easy staying grounded.

i have never seen you in my la la land you must have your own

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Being an Indigo child does not give you special powers (other than love). Well you could count connection to God as a special power.

But it all comes down to SPIRITUALITY.

Romans 8:5-7

5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6 For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace. 7 For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot.

and who gets to determine who has an indigo aura, is there away to prove what color anyone's arura is or will you pay enough money for someone to tell you that you are special? so what color is your aura

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

i have never seen you in my la la land you must have your own

Is that an invite?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

and who gets to determine who has an indigo aura, is there away to prove what color anyone's arura is or will you pay enough money for someone to tell you that you are special? so what color is your aura

There is aura photography.

I only know my own personal experiences.

However - there is a definite trend toward Spirituality - - - organized church attendance is in decline.

Accept - - when there is some major disaster - - and people need to cling to earthly things. Kind of like some who only go to church on Easter and Christmas.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
However - there is a definite trend toward Spirituality

Can you show some examples of this?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join