It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pathetic: Black 4-Year-Old Misquoted To Sound Violent!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by professornurbs

WTH are you talking about? Are you 8yo?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by tom502

I dont know why people watch the news. TV is brainwashing.
edit on 4-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

This is what im talking about. Personal attacks only make you look smaller in other peoples eyes.
edit on 4-8-2011 by professornurbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by professornurbs

You need to learn how to read and interpret texts. Just saying. This is not personal

What you interpret as an invitation is exactly the argument I present of why not watch TV.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

So you just want to start a thread rant about what you want, then nobody should comment, ok. I will be sure not to include myself in anymore of your threads. Have a good day.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This kid and his family now have an uphill battle to disprove the negative. Because of this broadcast they have probably been put on some kind of a neighborhood watch, violent person's registry. When he goes to PS 187, he's probably going to be overly censored, compared to his peers, and targeted for discipline and possibly even gang membership. All because of a journalist sensationalism.

His family should get a lawyer and get the news station to run the whole clip with an apology. Still, the damage is already done. What a shame.
edit on 4-8-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Yet how is this different or why is this different than when the media does it short sound bites and clips from any other time in say the past 4 years? They find the shot, take it, clip it and then air it, putting any twist on what is stated, rather than showing the entire clip. Or say a video tape of the police that are doing their duty and then only the parts showing the person being taken down and it is called: Police brutality. Yet no one would see what happened before hand, only the event that was occuring during that time.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by RUSSO

Mass Media perpetuates shock and drama. They don't care if it is accurate or not, as long as it gets people upset. People who are upset do several things.......#1, they talk and draw more attention to the media outlet, #2, they look for ways to feel better, and that benefits advertisers, because in our world, feeling better means spending money.

Yes, the media is to blame for a large part of our country's ills!

There was a story a few years about a reporter fired for wanting to tell the truth. She ended up going to trial over it and FAUX new won the case. She had to lie or be fired.

In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States. During their appeal, FOX asserted that there are no written rules against distorting news in the media. They argued that, under the First Amendment, broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on public airwaves. Fox attorneys did not dispute Akre’s claim that they pressured her to broadcast a false story, they simply maintained that it was their right to do so. After the appeal verdict WTVT general manager Bob Linger commented, “It’s vindication for WTVT, and we’re very pleased… It’s the case we’ve been making for two years. She never had a legal claim.”

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Woah. Good catch.

Yes, that is racist because they did it on purpose to make the story fit their meme. Disturbing ? Yeah, when you edit it out to make it look like he said something he wasn't really saying.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

The liberal media cannot possibly be racist. No way they are the most open minded, accepting, and non dicriminatory people EVAH.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

As a black person, I am highly insulted that you would equate black people with apes. WTF dude? 2011 and we still have this crap to deal with. I own a gun, am a law abiding citizen, pay taxes, and go to work just like normal people. I am not an animal running rampant in the streets looking for white people to kill.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

I thought of all the people who saw the original report, without ever finding out that it was edited.

Im happy lots of people are reading this thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by professornurbs
Before everyone gets all bent. Have you considered it just could of been an editing mistake and they cut the recording points wrong.

As someone who knows how to edit for film....you don't edit recording points wrong. If that were the case, the editor would be fired.

The edited recording has to be approved before being sent to air. Irresponsible on the news channel to do this.The little boy wants to be a policeman, that means in his life surrounded by the adults in it, there seems to be a respect for the law.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
reply to post by RUSSO

Yet how is this different or why is this different than when the media does it short sound bites and clips from any other time in say the past 4 years? They find the shot, take it, clip it and then air it, putting any twist on what is stated, rather than showing the entire clip. Or say a video tape of the police that are doing their duty and then only the parts showing the person being taken down and it is called: Police brutality. Yet no one would see what happened before hand, only the event that was occuring during that time.

This one of the reasons the Internet must be defended to the last breath.

Another example

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I doubt it was racism-motivated. It seems more like a "make people afraid of guns" thing than a racism thing.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp
reply to post by MaxBlack

As a black person, I am highly insulted that you would equate black people with apes. WTF dude? 2011 and we still have this crap to deal with. I own a gun, am a law abiding citizen, pay taxes, and go to work just like normal people. I am not an animal running rampant in the streets looking for white people to kill.

I think it sad though there are things white people cannot get away with, just like black people, no matter how innocent it may be. For instance, I can't listen to the theme song of Hang "Em High when riding through certain parts of certain cities, because that may be misconstrued. I am a filmmaker and have a lot of movie themes that I listen to. I am older, and usually call young men "boys", not that they are black or white, but because they are so much younger, but I can't call young black guys that because it might be misconstrued.

I have a nephew that has a black mother, she and my brother have been married for 16 years and are very happy, but I can't say fried chicken and watermelon (two foods I enjoy very much) because it might be misconstrued.

I have a niece whose father is Native American from North Carolina. I can't say certain things around her because it might be misconstrued.

The reason that anything is misconstrued is because we believe certain words or phrases carry such intrinsic meaning that when a person hears them, they automatically assume the person is racist and there may be underlying meaning. When I say my nephew is a boy, it is because he is young. And that is the position many white people are put into.

What bothers me is when my nephew hears the word Cracker, does he apply it to his father that loves him? When he hears the words "white trash" does he apply it to my brother? Racism is ugly but racism occurs from all sides. Not all white people are racist, and certainly I would never say a black person is an ape or even intimate anything like that. There are white people who do say things like that, and the person who would even try to say something like that should be punished. But if we are going to address racism, it needs to be addressed from all sides. This is 2011, and racism still goes on.

I would stomp the living crap out of any one who called my niece and nephew names.

You don't have to justify to anyone that you work and that you are productive. You are a person, that's all we need to know.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by professornurbs
Before everyone gets all bent. Have you considered it just could of been an editing mistake and they cut the recording points wrong.

As someone who knows how to edit for film....you don't edit recording points wrong. If that were the case, the editor would be fired.

The edited recording has to be approved before being sent to air. Irresponsible on the news channel to do this.The little boy wants to be a policeman, that means in his life surrounded by the adults in it, there seems to be a respect for the law.

This video is exactly the point where the professional crosses the line of non-interference and ends up giving the meaning that HE want to an information / news. But I dont think our fellow ATSer wants to see this.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by RUSSO

Definitely and Egregiously WRONG!!! Every 4 year old I know wants to have a gun when they grow up. Race doesn't matter. They are small, and even at 4 years old, they realize a gun is an equalizer. It is the only thing that keeps our civilized world......civilized.

I want to share a little story here. My older sister got pregnant the first time and then and there decided what a perfect mother she was going to be. She was insistent that her children would NEVER play with toy guns. She did not want them given as gifts and she would not buy them. She was positive that she was going to remove that bad influence and her children were never going to gravitate towards that violent type of play.

By the time my first nephew was about 4, the one thing he could make out of LEGOS better than anything else was a gun. This just escalated. He made LEGO guns, Kinex guns, cardboard guns, etc. Now the kid has every Nerf gun ever made.

I know she does not watch cop shows or violent television so she was not exposing her kids to that stuff but that turned out to be such a minute amount of the actual influence she had over her kids.

I remember when I was a little kid and did not live in a pro-gun type household but it only took one episode of GI Joe before I was running around pretending to shoot at stuff. Kids will be kids. I think it is great this 4 year old wants to be a good guy. I think it really sucks how they used him to make a very different point.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack
Recently, Hollywood released a movie called "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" and while this movie for those that know, is on its third Hollywood remake,so while the actors, filming, CGI and special effects have gotten better, I find issue with this latest Hollywood release, because I fear it is being promoted at a time in Americas history when our economy is in the dirt and the historical and racial attitudes of Americans have changed significantly due to those economic and financial reasons.

This movie has never been made or remade before ever. This is an entirely new story and film. The fact that you compare it to brainwashing in order to foment a race war because you somehow feel the primates represent black people makes about as much sense as saying that "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" "The Hills Have eyes" "House of a 1000 corpses" etc. are all warnings about the what will happen when simple country white folk rise up. All them white folks kill and eat each other right?
edit on 4-8-2011 by Undertough because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
i REALLY hate the news, especially television in general. That poor little boy made out to be some future punk and a another source of darkness plaguing the inner city, but he was not only innocent, but a little bit of light and hope, wanting these tragedies to stop, in essence to want to be a super hero (please don't grow up to be a cop kid!) lol, seriously though, these copy paste journalists that edit for sensationalism...they should have the equivalent of a dis-barring like attorneys, and let them only publish, report from their little unknown blogs. disgusting.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
whats the point. instead of a feel good story of a young inner city kid wanting to be a cop and protect his neighborhood, they try to portray him as an ignorant future gangbanger.

well, they probably succeeded, because when he gets a little older he'll be able to look back and get his first taste of racism.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join