It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pathetic: Black 4-Year-Old Misquoted To Sound Violent!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yeh, turning him into a pint-sized thug must have fit better with broad perception of urban youth. Also? Thuggy four-year-olds get better ratings.

Sad world.
edit on 4-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
OK Russo nurture that hate man, you will evolve to enlightenment on that path.
edit on 4-8-2011 by professornurbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is a good thread as it brings up a point that many should consider, and that being context. We see here a news report, to get the ratings they interview those on the street, to give them a 30 second sound bite and clip on TV. The boy does not know this, and is probably excited to be on TV. Yet the first thing that every one screams about is that it is racisim, cause they did not show the entire clip of him. So often clips only show what behind the camera wants you to see, they do not show the before or after events, nor do they full explain what is going on. One could say that the lawyer in the clip is jumping the gun as it were, to sue someone to show that racisim exists, using this one clip as an example of the problems and evils of the media. Yet no one has choosen to take and ask the TV station to show the entire clip, to show that even at the age of 4 there is hope for the country, when a young child wants to be a law enforcement and try to better the world that he lives in. That is another sad point of it all.
People jump on this, claiming this far too often, instead of asking about all of the events, before, during and after, and the whole story. Though as this was late at night, the other question could be asked, what was a child that young doing out at that late at night? Where were his parents and why did they not keep him inside or having him go to bed at that time of night?
So there you have it, based off of what is in the clip, if you think it is racisim, then you should also think his parents are bad, cause they allowed their young child to be out late at night, or is there more to the story and we just are not seeing it, and just maybe they were in the area, and he was not out alone unsupervised?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by RUSSO

They probably do have a future criminal on their hands. Why when most children are asked the same question do they say "I'm going to become a police officer." ?

This kid is what's wrong with society and I am sure they are only playing the race card to make the station apologize, if my kid had said that he would have gotten smacked in the chops.
edit on 4-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling error

Why? Maybe I missed something, but I didn't see anything the kid said as wrong or abnormal in any way?

Kids look up to people in uniforms. Police, Fire, Doctors, Pilots, Soldiers, etc. And I think that is a great thing. Kids are also used to being ordered around by everyone that is bigger and/or older than them, so they dream of the day when they will have the upper hand. Guns are fun. If you don't have one, go get one, get some training, and you will see that guns are fun! A kid that has been exposed to guns a little bit, will yearn for the day when he can have his own, and go shoot it unsupervised. Kids also love dreaming about the day when they will be equal to all the other players in their world. A gun is a very romantic concept for a kid to make things in their world equal. Read my earlier quote. A gun is a romantic idea even for adults to make things in their world equal and reasonable.

Maybe I'm still just a kid at heart, but I totally get why kids act the way they act, and I admire them.
edit on 4-8-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by professornurbs
OK Russo nurture that hate man, you will elvolve to enlightenment on that path.

You know what, thats the problem I have with "enlightened" people.The world can be burning, but they always prefer to see the good side of things. I call it denial.

it's amazing how ignorance is bliss

I think I'll whistle a lil bit now.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Because there is a great responsibility with owning guns, most people are not intelligent enough or have a good understanding of that responsibility. Children who are taught by their parents (grow up with gun owners) may have reason to say something like this, but they learn of the responsibility if their parents are rightfully permitted for their guns, but then again permit does not equal intelligence, there are still some that have had accidents, the Dick Cheney incident comes to mind. Yeah I want more unintelligent and irresponsible people having guns, it's bad enough for some unintelligent irresponsible people have bombs!

ETA: Guns are not fun out of all of basic training the part I hated the most was the firing range. And that's saying a lot, because PT was torture,lol.
edit on 4-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I loved the part when the child explained why he would have
a gun,he wants to be a policeman.It was a shame that that
part of what the child said wasn't on the original broadcast.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Oh he did say he wanted to be an officer? Well then that makes perfect sense. I still don't think it was intentional, because of limited time for each story some things gotta be cut out. It just so happened some editor (who is seperate from the interviewers and cameramen) didn't have the time to run the entirety. That is what has to be done sometimes, I am sure the editor didn't do this in some "slanted" ratings grab. I think it's a simple misunderstanding. I don't know it doesn't sound like sensationalism or anything to me. Also whatever is edited out the actual desk reporters don't know that so it came out of context to them too, and actually there is no way to have predicted the actual desk jockeys were going to percieve it that way. If anything the desk guys should be getting all the flack not the station. ETA: I think all the commentary stuff they do anyway is totally a waste of time. The commentary from the desk guys I mean. If I wanted their opinion I'd write them and ask, lol
edit on 4-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
This is the main reason why EVERYONE should turn off their TVs.

I hope he grows up to do just what he said he wanted to.

A CBS news station is under fire after it misquoted a 4-year-old boy making him purposely sound violent on the air.

In the video, the child tells a reporter from WBBM that the shootings don't scare him and that, when he grows up, "I'm going to have me a gun."

The comment made it seem like the streets of Chicago had a future criminal on their hands. But the comment was taken out of context as the station only aired the comment and not what came after.

"I want to be a police officer," said the kid. WBBM TV's reporter responded, "Well then you will have a gun for sure."

Source

Racism?

That is so very, very wrong. Sadly, I am not surprised. And if I were that baby's father I would sue.

It's a given that violence among blacks is above the norm. A lot of young black children have no father around so the mom has to either work to feed the kids or live off the government, as most end up doing. This leaves children with no adult guidance, and when they do get any teaching from older blacks it's the usual victim mentality as if slavery just ended and they are still fighting for their equal rights. So young blacks carry the chip on their shoulder when they get older and turn to drugs or violence or both, and usually repeat the mistakes of the their fathers, which is to make children without responsibility and then not be around to father them, and so on.

Until blacks understand themselves as individuals first and break away from the the self imposed victim mentality they hold themselves in, they will always be as they are today, which is on the political democrat plantation looking for hand outs and free bees, always humiliating themselves over and over.

So in saying all that, I can understand why people would simply believe the black child will simply turn to violence. Look at what he has going against him. And that's from the black community itself without the so called white race oppression make believe crap.

edit on 4-8-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree with you.

But what makes me more angry is how TPTB use this kind of artifices to create racism. Why they dont do this with a white child?

You see, there is a racist agenda which mass media insists on perpetuating. This makes me sick.

Yep.There is a "racist agenda", but it's "The Powers That Be", that own and control the MSM, that want to keep a racial divide and conflict, so they have free reign to control, and the blinded regular people have no idea.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

ETA: Guns are not fun out of all of basic training the part I hated the most was the firing range. And that's saying a lot, because PT was torture,lol.

That is saying a lot!

I suppose you are right. My wife doesn't care for guns either. She is happy that I have them, but she doesn't care to be around them, or go to the range. They aren't fun for her.

I guess what I meant to say was guns seem fun to kids. They don't yet know of all the grave responsibility that goes along with gun ownership, and they only see the fun side.

Also, you are absolutely correct about the responsible parents and gun ownership, but you said the kid might be a potential criminal, and the kid should not be fantasizing about guns. I disagree with that part. The kid is just being a kid. It does seem exciting, and fun, and empowering, and a kid is going to be drawn to those things. I have a 4 year old, and he is learning the responsibility aspect very quickly, but he is still a kid.

And it isn't just guns. The first week he had his battery powered 4x4, he ran over his brother....completely over, under the front end, out the back end. It looked terrible! 3 year old crying, 4 year old laughing. Luckily nobody was hurt, the 4 year old got a long lecture, and grounded from the truck, and the promise of a spanking if it happened again. He learned responsibility the hard way on the truck, but he won't have the option of learning the hard way with a gun, the consequences are too dire. Just like he won't have the luxury of learning the hard way with a real car. They learn with their toys, while they are kids, and then hopefully they are very responsible when they get the real things.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It is pathetic to misquote a child for such purposes, but while some have posted that such behavior is perhaps racist, lacking sensitivity and or was a blatant lie being used to make a situation and a group of people appear worse than they really are, there is a conspiratorial side to this and I will discuss it for the sake of seeing this situation in a different light or purpose.

Such deceitful media practices could also be to make certain races appear violent from their youth in the eyes of society by those that promote such slanted and racial news coverage.

I could get into why the media would do such a thing, but what many are missing, is what I feel is a significant social effort that is underway to portray certain races as violent and destined to rape you and kill you if they get the chance.

While racism, bigotry and racial prejudices are not new to some Americans, there is I feel a concerted effort to paint in the minds eye, that people of color are just killers waiting to kill you. Recently this attitude has shown itself in a recent movie making the rounds and with much fan fare.

Recently, Hollywood released a movie called "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" and while this movie for those that know, is on its third Hollywood remake,so while the actors, filming, CGI and special effects have gotten better, I find issue with this latest Hollywood release, because I fear it is being promoted at a time in Americas history when our economy is in the dirt and the historical and racial attitudes of Americans have changed significantly due to those economic and financial reasons.

I contend that this recent movie about the planet of the apes is a mind controlled social effort to begin planting the same seeds of racial hatred that we are seeing in Chicago with a 4 yr old being misquoted to make the situation appear worse than it really is.

This movie is in my opinion intended to represent a group of animals that get smart enough to fight back and then organize their efforts, break out of prison and then go on a wild killing spree in the name of freedom for the apes who can somehow now think.

I think that this movie is being used to condition the minds of Americans, so that when the economy fails and society crumbles, and we begin seeing blacks or Hispanics looting or killing one another or begin to slaughter whites in large scale killings, is exactly the memory such a movie will generate in the minds of many that will then promote a shoot to kill all blacks and their babies attitude before they kill us and take over the planet.

It will also in some I fear, make them think that its either them or us and since we want to live, it will pressure many into wanton and indiscriminate killings of racial groups based on the attitude that they are just animals, monkeys trying to take over the planet.

Some will associate the apes with blacks and their escape from prison and subsequent attack on society as something that the media types know is coming, because they are preparing for it as evidenced by the movie and by media efforts to promote lies about even black youth.

Caesar's first weapon obtained and used to escape his government prison is a knife. This was done to implant the image of a black man and a knife on the minds of the American public. All of the movie drama, action fighting scenes is suppose to make you think that once "they" get out and begin organizing, no humans will be safe from their effort to take over the planet, so we better kill them before they kill us.

Oh well, this latest media example only feeds into the timing of such a movies release and while I have been waiting for the media to augment the Planet of the Apes movies with more blacks killing and robbing stories, I did not expect the media to use a 4 yr old to help spread the message that all blacks are killers, born that way to the prospect that once the blacks get to killing everyone, nothing is going to stop them but American fire power and of course white intelligence saves the day.

Racism is all around us, but what Hollywood and the media are doing shows a mind control and concerted effort to show people of color as a threat to humanity. In such a way, it will make killing such animals of color that much more tolerable by those that at present think that blacks and Hispanics want to kill all white people and take over the world.

Once chaos breaks out and social problems escalate, I have no doubt that race crimes will be in the mix, but I would have never thought that Hollywood and the media would be following some NWO script that attempts to show all black people as killers and animals instead of victimized humans fed up with the tyranny of many generations of abuse from those that use such ways to create division and anger and hatred among the citizens of America.

Predictive programming, mind control, social thinking modification is what such movies as 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes" attempt to stimulate and if our society crumbles and moves into anarchy, such type movies will feed the racist attitudes with recent and fresh memories of apes running around with guns, killing humans in order to be free while acting like monkeys in the wild.

Anyway, I had to offer that observation as discussion, because this recent 4 yr old racial media abuse clearly shows an effort to paint certain groups as animals worthy of being killed if they act like animals because now they are showing you that such animals begin at birth and swear to kill you once they grow up.

If a 4 yr old can be used to portray blacks as born killers intent on killing whitey, then we better pay closer attention to those in the media and in Hollywood that seem to think that once chaos breaks out that it's going be just like "Planet of the Apes".

Hollywood and the media are making it clear that they want to show people of color as killers so as to create a stigma within society towards people of color. I see it and understand it for what it is. I just hope others see it as well and understand that such fear mongering is exactly why no one trusts the media to do or say anything that is truthful or honest.

Thanks for taking the time to read these thoughts and concerns.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Heartbreaking! Humanity! The moral decay of urban youth! huh?

The main question is: How can we believe in what MSM says?

Someone has to be blamed and pay for it.

Credibility is the word that is in play here.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A side note on the planet of the Apes. It was always about blacks rising to power and taking over the world. The whole movie series is about blacks and their white counterparts. The latest is no different.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Hollywood and the media are making it clear that they want to show people of color as killers so as to create a stigma within society towards people of color.

The way I see things, this has always been this way. And not just in the USA, but worldwide.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have a friend, a white friend, this sort of thing happened to.

She agreed to be interviewed about her experience with friends who became heroine addicts.

And the interviewer cut and pasted to make her look like the ex-heroine addict.

This caused her quite a lot of problems, as it was aired nationally.

The director of this piece managed to "lose" every bit of it, and remove the aired version from the archives. Which is illegal.

Many "journalists" are scum. Age, gender, race - they are the ultimate non-bigots. They'll gladly frack over anyone.
edit on 2011/8/4 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack

Some will associate the apes with blacks and their escape from prison and subsequent attack on society as something that the media types know is coming, because they are preparing for it as evidenced by the movie and by media efforts to promote lies about even black youth.

Originally posted by Fromabove
A side note on the planet of the Apes. It was always about blacks rising to power and taking over the world. The whole movie series is about blacks and their white counterparts. The latest is no different.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Many "journalists" are scum. Age, gender, race - they are the ultimate non-bigots. They'll gladly frack over anyone.
edit on 2011/8/4 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

Well said.

In the un-edited clip the little kid says he's gone be the police. ... Some people will only see what they want, and the 'news' will affirm it for them, true or not. It makes me sad how thick people are.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tom502

ep.There is a "racist agenda", but it's "The Powers That Be", that own and control the MSM, that want to keep a racial divide and conflict, so they have free reign to control, and the blinded regular people have no idea.

I dont know why people watch the news. TV is brainwashing.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Which is it big Russo? You tell us not to watch this stuff, yet you start a post invite us into the thread to view the very thing you tell us not to watch. Barry O is that you?

edit on 4-8-2011 by professornurbs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join