It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pathetic: Black 4-Year-Old Misquoted To Sound Violent!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
A side note on the planet of the Apes. It was always about blacks rising to power and taking over the world. The whole movie series is about blacks and their white counterparts. The latest is no different.

I have to ask where you get that from.
Mind enlightening?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Saw this. Just reinforces my belief that liberal news hates blacks for some reason. Then again, God help the world if Fox news is the only people not racist against blacks.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
racism, alive and well in america! there is no denying it. people who run these NEWS NETWORKS are RACIST PIGS!!

time to wake up people and step out of your little fantasy bubble before you all start another civil war!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
I doubt it was racism-motivated. It seems more like a "make people afraid of guns" thing than a racism thing.

maybe you're right, but this does not change the fact that they edited the video and gave a totally wrong meaning to what that child said. I wonder what else they touch to fit on their agenda.

The point being, the media's action are unjustifiable regardless of the reason.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

This is awful, whoever edited this clip in such a way should loose their job and anyone who didnt quesion this once it had been shown to misquote the boy should also be disciplined severely for fighting against this filth being put on the air.

Anyone else hear how the interviewer seems dissapointed when the boy says he wants a gun so he can be a policeman like he thinks damn I coulda had a good clip there of a little black boy wanting to be a ganster, wait a minute I can just edit it! Imagine what else is misquoted like this.This is not a minor thing, this is malicious, pre meditated racism made to hurt African Americans, sickening!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by professornurbs
You dont have to insult me. I have done some editing before and have missed points. You mean to tell me that you never seen them run a wrong video to a story, or the video image cuts off all off a sudden. I like to think there is good in people and they didnt intentionally do that.

Any good editor checks his work before submission.

Sorry, if you do not do this, you are simply not a proficient editor.
edit on 4-8-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Undertough

Originally posted by MaxBlack
Recently, Hollywood released a movie called "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" and while this movie for those that know, is on its third Hollywood remake,so while the actors, filming, CGI and special effects have gotten better, I find issue with this latest Hollywood release, because I fear it is being promoted at a time in Americas history when our economy is in the dirt and the historical and racial attitudes of Americans have changed significantly due to those economic and financial reasons.

This movie has never been made or remade before ever. This is an entirely new story and film. The fact that you compare it to brainwashing in order to foment a race war because you somehow feel the primates represent black people makes about as much sense as saying that "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" "The Hills Have eyes" "House of a 1000 corpses" etc. are all warnings about the what will happen when simple country white folk rise up. All them white folks kill and eat each other right?
edit on 4-8-2011 by Undertough because: (no reason given)

Actually the Planet of the Apes was a movie franchise, the last one starred Ricardo Montalban. This new one is merely a remake. The movie was based on the novel La planet de singes by Pierre Boulle. The movie had nothing to do with race. I think some people just read too much into things. Charles Manson did the same thing with the Beatles.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

When I read, "I'm going to have me a gun", I read it in a pure survivalist kind of way not really taking it as a sign that he's going to grow up to be a criminal, but rather carry a gun (legally) for self protection. But I'm sure that's not what they wanted people to think.

And yet another reason I do not watch TV at all.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

Originally posted by professornurbs
You dont have to insult me. I have done some editing before and have missed points. You mean to tell me that you never seen them run a wrong video to a story, or the video image cuts off all off a sudden. I like to think there is good in people and they didnt intentionally do that.

Any good editor checks his work before submission.

Sorry, if you do not do this, you are simply an proficient editor.

I have done editing before also. In fact, quite a bit. An editor for any type of broadcast works for someone else who approves of the work before broadcast. An editor gets paid to edit....for someone else.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
reply to post by RUSSO

This is not a minor thing, this is malicious, pre meditated racism made to hurt African Americans, sickening!

2 Words: PURE EVIL

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
good find OP this is complete BS

/begin hate mail

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
whats the point. instead of a feel good story of a young inner city kid wanting to be a cop and protect his neighborhood, they try to portray him as an ignorant future gangbanger.

well, they probably succeeded, because when he gets a little older he'll be able to look back and get his first taste of racism.

You know what? I applaud you for your reasoning. This is as it should be. One of the worst things in this rotten MSM today is that they prefer to change a good and inspiring story for the sensationalism. But even worse is knowing there are obscure agendas behind many of these news.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

If you have a client, or a boss, project manager, whatever, and you produce flawed work, then you suck.

The point is, this was not an accident, and if anyone did mess up like that in any case, they are a terrible editor.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

If you have a client, or a boss, project manager, whatever, and you produce flawed work, then you suck.

The point is, this was not an accident, and if anyone did mess up like that in any case, they are a terrible editor.

Yep, I agree.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

An editor gets paid to edit....for someone else.

And that someone else had the worst possible intentions.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

This was NOT a mistake. PERIOD.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

What this TV station did is deplorable. 

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I understand the point you are making about firearms, However......
What concerns me is the moral and ethical standard of the person holding it.
Also the inherent dangers of the weapon itself, ie: missfire, poor aim, that sort of thing.
A line has to be drawn somewhere or better yet a standard set.
It needs to be harder to get guns and far more regulated.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
The first week he had his battery powered 4x4, he ran over his brother....completely over, under the front end, out the back end.

What good is 4 wheel drive if you don't have obstacles to crawl over?

If they did intentionally cut the video, I doubt it is was out of racism, more as an emotional message to somehow end the gun violence Chicago has become so well known for.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

If he was my child, you better believe I'd be calling us a lawyer!
It is disgusting that this journalist would take this little boy out of context in such a way, and I can bet you they didn't have parental consent to tape that child. Great catch on this one RUSSO!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join