It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashback 1983, HBO

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
[font=Arial Black][color=B4CFEC]HBO[/font]

[color=ADDFFF]I can provide no actual explanation regarding why, because I do not know.
This just popped into my head, causing the urge to search/watch it.
I loved this intro, when I was a kid.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I remember

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I have to be honest, this nostalgia for t.v. makes me kind of sad. You should write for "Family Guy" that show is for the t.v. generation who has spent more time watching t.v. than living life and has warm fuzzy feelings about fake B.S. propaganda and conditioning "programs"

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This is simply one of the side effects of the brainwashing you have underwent.

Its time to unplug , but it may be too late.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Ah yes....the good ole days.
Loved that fake city fly over. That theme song meant grab the chips and soda!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
I have to be honest, this nostalgia for t.v. makes me kind of sad. You should write for "Family Guy" that show is for the t.v. generation who has spent more time watching t.v. than living life and has warm fuzzy feelings about fake B.S. propaganda and conditioning "programs"
Are you offering me a job?
Based on your ability to change a single simple childhood memory, into a melodramatic overstatement, leads me to the conclusion that you must work in the 'business.'

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Fair enough, but that door swings both ways.
Your comment is one of the side effects of living in fear of everything and everyone at all times.
Step away from the fear every once in awhile, and try to find a minute to relax.
You might find it to be comforting and enjoyable.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Fair enough, but that door swings both ways.
Your comment is one of the side effects of living in fear of everything and everyone at all times.
Step away from the fear every once in awhile, and try to find a minute to relax.
You might find it to be comforting and enjoyable.

I have ended my relationship with fear some time back.

It is simply by observing the actions of so many around me that I see how well the brainwashing is working.

By actually defending your commets it getting more disturbing to see how something like this effects you.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Don't listen to him Broken he's trying to brainwash you into thinking you're brainwashed so he can reprogram you to think that his way is the right way and only his way will ever be right and everything you say will always be wrong and if you try to deny him he'll try to convince you that not only have you been brainwashed by the madhats at HBO but that you're less than sane for not believing everything he says about it.

Trust me.

Just watch him protest. Cause he will. Thats how they always do it.

In the meantime, guess what I remembered while stressing to find a video to add to your 80's remembering

Bruce Willis with Hair!!!!!

god I loved that show..

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

By actually defending your commets it getting more disturbing to see how something like this effects you.

There may have been a slight misinterpretation. I apologize if my previous comment appeared to be defensive. It was not meant to be defensive at all. It was a counter-attack to the ignorance that spewed from your fingertips.

It is possible that you may be far too engrossed to realize it, but the brainwashing door also swings both ways. The brainwashing that you have welcomed into your mind, has lead you into denial.

I have ended my relationship with fear some time back.
....and exchanged it for good old fashioned paranoia??

Its time to unplug , but it may be too late.
100% Fear!! right here ↑

It is simply by observing the actions of so many around me that I see how well the brainwashing is working.

I see the paranoid delusional brainwashing is also working extremely well.

Your delusion causes you to believe that it is simply observing, while it is actually your minds method of misconstruing reality and twisting it around in a way that it supports this conspiratorial fantasy of yours.

I know that you will not believe that, but step back, and take a deep breath, while looking over this again mmk?

To me, this was nothing more than a very brief moment, that brought about a pleasant childhood memory. I chose to share this.

You are so far deluded that you cannot accept that fact, so your delusion creates alternate scenarios that must have caused this absurd notion of a simple peaceful memory. "Peaceful memory - hogwash, that's not possible," you think. This must be some deep rooted lifelong brainwashing conspiracy that has warped my feeble mind. I am glad that you care so much about me, but maybe you should take a look at yourself first.

Why do you wanna piss on my memory?
What do you gain by pissing on the pleasant thoughts of others??

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Well said! I'm glad you ignored my advice.

How bout another awesome 80's memory

Seriously. What would we do?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
I have to be honest, this nostalgia for t.v. makes me kind of sad.

It wasn't initially meant to be, but hey, thanks for the idea.

I suppose I should formally dedicate this one to you.
Maybe this extended remix techno version of Knight Rider.
Might just turn that frown
of yours upside down

Nothing better than a good ol dose of Hasselhoff to cure sadness.

reply to post by Forevever

Might as well keep it going now.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
slightly later "intro" but the show started in 88 I believe, and this is the ULTIMATE intro

I loved and seen every episode ♥

typing the quote from memory
lets see if I get it right - I'm gonna post it before I watch it

Theorizing that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the quantum leap accelerator, and vanished!
He awoke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better.
His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see or hear.
And so Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life. Striving to put right what once went wrong. And hoping each time that his next leap... will be the leap home.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I got one word wrong
I rock!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
OMG!!!!!! Buffy and Hildegard!!!!!

Man was this show ahead of its time or what? 1980-1982
Its all perfectly normal

(changes a video here)
cause it just makes more sense - this one counts it ran to 1982!

and does it get anymore 80's than Soleil Moon Frye?

edit on 4-8-2011 by Forevever because: avoiding multiposts

edit on 4-8-2011 by Forevever because: wkrp confusion

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

ah yes..

back when "cable" was going to ruin the movie business...

and also cable had no commercials...

after all.. you payed for it...

now its the internet boogieman...

cant leave out the recordable tape deck scare...

the vcr .. beta.. dvds.. etc..

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman
back when "cable" was going to ruin the movie business...

and also cable had no commercials...

after all.. you payed for it...

now its the internet boogieman...

Wow you make some cool points.
I remember that cable was going to kill the movie business - aside from a lot of theaters closing - hollywood is thriving - I guess its all how you look at that one...

some of my premium channels actually do have commercials now - they hide those channels in a "movie package" and claim I got it for free (yeah right) - the basic cable always had commercials

as far as music - I've only bought 2 cd's in 15 years so they might have a good point there

VHS = dead
beta = so dead that its already dust
dvds = oh please I BEG that they don't die, I have too many of them, blu-ray scares me....
..... no wait.... I stopped buying DVD's when I got Netflix....

What was your point again?

oh yeah, 80's technology is dead, and anything we buy today will be outdated within 3 months

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

There was one particular piece of extremely high tech futuristic equipment, that I had. It looked a lil something like this. I had no 8-tracks, while my stereo had no cassette player.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cf8d6d8bf1d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
VHS = dead
beta = so dead that its already dust
dvds = oh please I BEG that they don't die, I have too many of them, blu-ray scares me....
..... no wait.... I stopped buying DVD's when I got Netflix....

Bluckbuster.... poof

Originally posted by Forevever
I remember that cable was going to kill the movie business - aside from a lot of theaters closing - hollywood is thriving - I guess its all how you look at that one...

In a way, this one has almost completed a full circle.

It was true, for a couple decades. MTV should have dropped the
'M'
long ago.

Now I have read some musicians stating that they have no desire to release full albums. Staying away from production companies, and releasing the music themselves, when it is ready. May just be a song here, a song there. The money comes from touring. That is where the good musicians will continue, while many of the bubblegum pop stars will disappear and vanish faster than they arrived.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Now I have read some musicians stating that they have no desire to release full albums. Staying away from production companies, and releasing the music themselves, when it is ready. May just be a song here, a song there. The money comes from touring. That is where the good musicians will continue, while many of the bubblegum pop stars will disappear and vanish faster than they arrived.

When I'm a little more functional, I'm totally adding to this radical thread

Real quick though, I wanted to respond to this (emphasis mine)

THAT is the way it should be. For too long, unsigned artists had no audience, or only a small one.

I never thought Video killed the radio star, I think they were working together all along to make $$$

Internet is the Music Corporation Slayer!!! "Word of Mouth" has taken on a whole new meaning.

In fact, it's so effective, it's taken on a whole new word. We now know it as "Viral".

While they may still have a "select" audience, thats more true for all artists now. Even the video/radio/corporate controlled ones.

I have NEVER heard a single Lady Gaga song, and if I have, I wouldn't know it. If I still watched "MTV" or "VH1" or listened to the radio, I'm positive I couldn't claim that. Makes me wonder what music I know, that Lady Gaga never heard of ♥

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join