It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashback 1983, HBO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

[color=ADDFFF]This just popped into my head, causing the urge to search/watch it.
I loved this intro, when I was a kid.

Nice BrokenCircles,

This reminds me of the first Machinima I ever saw.
Whipped up in the internet stone-age using Quake 1.
And just like classic quake, the gamma is kinda dark

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

my god. i'm sorry. i cannot believe how upset and angry this is making you. calm down mate. how can you take this so seriously. a few silly commets from me and your spouting foul language in colored fonts?

i guess realising that your happy childhood memories include a tv promo is a little disturbing.

I tell you what. I won't offer my views anymore because that will just lead to more accusations of what I am doing to you and oyur memories. By the way your choice of language is disgusting.

Anyway. As they say if can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Here ya go , another happy childhood memory.........or is it?

edit on 5-8-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
i cannot believe how upset and angry this is making you. calm down mate. how can you take this so seriously. a few silly commets from me and your spouting foul language in colored fonts?

I tell you what. I won't offer my views anymore because that will just lead to more accusations of what I am doing to you and oyur memories. By the way your choice of language is disgusting.

noooo. You are mistaken. I was not upset, nor angry. I was amusing myself. I laughed almost the entire time I was typing that.

ATS has an automatic censoring program. I did not do anything to evade the censors. Thus meaning, I did not use foul language.

The main reason for the addition of the colored text, was to emphasize my actual point, which you have apparently missed.

Point being: If you're gonna piss on my pleasant memory, and for no other reason than to do just that, then I'm gonna piss back.

[color=64E986]ETA:

Here ya go , another happy childhood memory.........or is it?

Of course it's not, because I have never heard that song before.

edit on 8/5/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

im really not interested in your imagined pi**ing contests.

nice, real nice.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

im really not interested in your imagined pi**ing contests.

It was no contest. Nothing I said was imaginary. It is all true. Many become overly enveloped with the conspiratorial thought processes. You think that there is some dark hidden meaning behind everything, and have trouble accepting the fact that some things just are.

That is fine. You can think that way, all you want. However, when that thinking causes you to come at me, then I will fire back every time. The fact that I fire back, and the method that I use to do so, does not eliminate the fact that you are still delusional. It is ok to just relax, and enjoy some of the simplicities of life, every once in awhile.

[color=52D017]Don't make him angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry.

[color=3BB9FF]"My grandmother always says, 'People never die, as long as somebody remembers them.'"

[color=3BB9FF]'Lonely Man'

edit on 8/5/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
This reminds me of the first Machinima I ever saw.
Whipped up in the internet stone-age using Quake 1.
And just like classic quake, the gamma is kinda dark.

That was a slightly odd video.

I'm not much of a gamer. I was up until the early days of Playstation, but not much since then. I have heard of 'Quake,' but have never actually played it. That video says 'Quake Movie,' but was that actually part of the game (audio and video), or was that somebody else mixing clips around, and adding their own audio commentary?

Ok. I searched it, so I somewhat found an answer to my previous question. I think so anyways, but not positive, so I will leave it. I am still not sure on the video part of the movie. Was that video entirely created by the guys who made the movie?

Any time that I had ever heard 'Quake' mentioned, I thought it was just a game. I didn't know that people used it to make movies.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
some people just like to throw a wrench in the machinery and see if grinds to a halt

don't worry, I got some oil!

mmm bill and adrian.....

sneaks in the last season of this (1981)

Yeah I watched all these shows (even if I can't remember them so clearly these days) - makes me wonder how I got done half of what I got done in my life... so Hey Johnny.... what did you fill your time with - lessons on how to derail threads? get your money back

What do all the TV shows in this post have in common?????

I'll give you a hint (even though first season started in 1990)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
What do all the TV shows in this post have in common?????

guess no one knows

All of them were produced by Aaron Spelling

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

That remix SUX!!!! I LOVE the original knight rider theme song...one of the best things to ever be put on the tube!!! (The theme song, not the show)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Originally posted by nitro67

That remix SUX!!!!

[color=C6FFC4]Hence the reason for its direct dedication to you.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Oh come on. That is a bit harsh. I mean just because I bashed your thread doesn't mean we can't be friends...right? I just hate t.v. mainly because I feel like I have spent too much time watching it...I know I am a hypocrite and that is ok...because people like me, and I like me....

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Oh come on. That is a bit harsh.

Not harsh, just honest. I'm not saying that it meant anything though.

Actually, I had completely forgotten about it. When I first read this comment of yours this morning, I didn't even know what you were talking about, until after I went back to page 1. That is when I remembered. At that particular time, when I posted it, I felt like a dose of the 'Hoff' (techno style lol) was suitable for the occasion.

[color=4CA15D]ETA
[color=53B09A]P.S. I don't even remember what it actually sounds like, but one thing that I do know is that I have absolutely no desire to play it again.

edit on 9/13/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

That remix SUX!!!! I LOVE the original knight rider theme song...one of the best things to ever be put on the tube!!! (The theme song, not the show)

So you've gone from anti-brainwashed #1 to knowing and caring about which knight rider theme song is better?

How sad is your life that you have to resort to these lengths to seem special? Get a clue man.

Most of my fellow brainwashed people were probably too old for this at the time. I loved this show, it has kept me a drooling consumer of vests and polyester flairs ever since.... "What? What do you mean they don't make those anymore? I want a puffy cap like Sam had!!! GET ME THAT CAP!!!"

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

That one has me slightly confused. Parts of it seemed somewhat familiar, but I don't think I've ever seen that before. For a second, I was thinking the mannequin might turn into Tom Hanks.

......but this↓ cracked me up.

So you've gone from anti-brainwashed #1 to knowing and caring about which knight rider theme song is better?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
reply to post by FEDec

That one has me slightly confused. Parts of it seemed somewhat familiar, but I don't think I've ever seen that before. For a second, I was thinking the mannequin might turn into Tom Hanks.

Hah!

I've been reading up on it and I guess it was made here in Canada but was re-broadcast on PBS. Maybe you caught glimpses of it while channel surfing.

......but this↓ cracked me up.

Why someone who considers TV brainwashing would be browsing a forum specifically about TV is beyond me. Then again some people seem to think that their opinions are so profound that the world should hear them. The rest of us call this being delusional.
edit on 13-9-2011 by FEDec because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

Wow. Spot on.
.....not really though. Actually I was just browsing through some posts this morning, completely naked, to find a link and found this post and actually took the time to read through some of the responses instead of just posting how I felt and moving on. I don't feel special about anything. Ever. I hate life and you....because of T.V.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Actually I was just browsing through some posts this morning, completely naked

Pics or it didn't happen

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

No problem...u2u me with your email address and I will send them right to you...you see I am always taping and capturing pics of myself while naked...I have pictures of myself naked all over my home... why would I want to look at anyone else?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Aww hate is such a strong word. You hate me? Really? And here I was hoping we could be friends.

BTW who brainwashed you into thinking taking pictures of yourself with lame shades on would make you look cool instead of like a giant dweeb? It wasn't the Wachowski brothers was it? No, clearly you are too smart to be swayed by the media. You would never foster an entire image for yourself just because 30 years of movies and TV made it cool first, right? Nah couldn't be clearly you invented this image for yourself during a naked afternoon of crying and contemplating self harm.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

No. I just like glasses. Plain and simple. How they make me or others look is not something I am concerned with. I find sunglasses handy while keeping the sun out of my eyes and I need regular glasses to see well. That is all. I believe I was wearing the glasses during the day and just kept them on while in my home because I was used to them and decided to take a pic because I thought it looked good and I guess you can't see my tongue in my cheek. Does that make me a narcissistic asshole? I hope not. Giant dweeb is more of the look I was going for...thanks...you are so beautiful and a genius and the world is a better place with you on it, I love you brother...
edit on 13-9-2011 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join