It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi-agency armed raid hits Rawesome Foods, Healthy Family Farms for selling raw milk and cheese

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Well said! I completely agree there. Booze is far more deadly than weed, but it's cool, 'cos it's legal.

This vid is relevant because of what it says about personal freedoms and choice. Just like the point of this thread.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you, Bill Hicks. (Forgot to say, language warning!)

edit on 4-8-2011 by BoneMosaic because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2011 by BoneMosaic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot
The same thing happened in Ohio last year. The wife and children were coralled into a room and held throughout the raid by police wearing all-black uniforms and carrying assault rifles. Some states have now made it illegal to drink unpasturized milk from YOUR OWN COWS AND GOATS!

I read that only 2 examples of fresh milk related illness occurred in the entire country during in nearly 20 years. That makes it safer than ANY fresh vegetables INCLUDING organicly grown vegetables out of YOUR OWN GARDEN!

Bottom Line: The Fed wants to control food supply and make sure they can tax everything. The Dems even proposed a GARDEN TAX during the Clinton administration. The tax was to be levied by the square foot...

WRONG.

MONSANTO and the republicans whose lips are attached to their buttocks a
re the ones pushing to arrest anyone that does not use their products.

MONSANTO is anti-nature.
MONSANTO is behind this push to get rid of anything ORGANIC too.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by neonitus

For your information,raw milk does not spoil!
Raw milk changes to something else as it ages.
I assume you have heard of sour cream that tastes
great on baked potatoes,tacos,nachoes...

There is a little more to it then that. You need to have the right conditions to turn it into something else.
Raw milk will spoil.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Sorry for your family's loss...

but...

We have no idea how the milk was handled by your grandparents after they received it or whether they "got a deal" on it because it was getting ripe. Unpasteurized milk is about 1000 times safer than fresh vegetables at the grocery store AND nearly ALL contaminated today gets that way DURING the pasteurization process.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
People drank milk before pasteurisation right? So what's the problem?
I should be able to drink my own urine if I want to...hang on, didn't bear grylls do something like that?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BoneMosaic

LMAO Funny as heck and pretty much true. Keith Richards out lived Jim Fix the guy who wrote all those books on jogging. That's incredible. But then it was proved recently, there was a news story on it... longevity has less to do with lifestyle and more to do with genetic predisposition.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This is not the land of the free anymore. When will people wake up to that fact. This is a country of slave consumers.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

From what I've been able to gleen from the media, the owners of Rawesome have been charged with "conspiracy". (As a side note, since every criminal proceeding boils down to a contest of opposing theories of what really happened, I guess you could say that the government is persuing the "conspiracy theory"..LOL)

If it turns out that they did, in fact, sell to a non-member then I suppose that they did violate some provision of their license, but I'm still not convinced that such an infraction justifies a full-blown SWAT raid. That just doesn't pass the famous "smell test" in my opinion.

PS: I have very much enjoyed our dialogue this morning.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The disenfranchisement of the small farmer in the seventies started the whole nasty ball of **** rolling.

As long as there is a choke-hold on the food supply, we're just chickens being shuttled down the chute. For Christ's sake, support your local farmers before we're all shipped off to the mid-west gulags.

On a bright note, I'm currently enjoying the raw milk in my coffee.

edit on 4-8-2011 by mistermonculous because: blurgh.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot

Sorry for your family's loss...

but...

We have no idea how the milk was handled by your grandparents after they received it or whether they "got a deal" on it because it was getting ripe. Unpasteurized milk is about 1000 times safer than fresh vegetables at the grocery store AND nearly ALL contaminated today gets that way DURING the pasteurization process.

Thank you for that consideration, you are very decent and kind to mention it.
For the most part... I think you are right and I am in favor of everything being organic and natural.
I don't mind spots on my apples.

I think though in this case people did have a right to buy
and the sellers had a legal right to sell
but only to members of the club.

People who ARE aware of the slight increase in danger versus the unhealthy quality of store bought pasteurized homogenized and decide for themselves whether or not it is worth it.

People have the right to make those type choices for themselves as well.
People who were not members of the club did not sign up and so did not have benefit of a disclaimer.
Those people have a right in fact it should be mandatory they see that disclaimer and THEN decide for themselves. This as I understand it, is what was being enforced.

I would guess that a good portion of our politicians and even the White House uses and drinks organic natural products over the bulk supplied irradiated and chemical laden varieties of foodstuffs the rest of us are sold.

Because usually this stuff is only sold in Health Food Stores and specialty shops and is very expensive and hard to come by. Naturally they will eat the best for themselves...

I only wish natural organic products and pure unadulterated foods were a staple, cheap and readily available for the rest of us as well.

Corporate America (Kraft and Dole) will not permit that.
... have other plans...I don't think it is OUR GOVERNMENT.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Oh mega mind....did they ban raw milk?

Is drinking raw milk actually ILLEGAL now.

In my state yes it is illegal. I can go across the border to South Carolina where it is legal and buy it but will be breaking interstate commerce laws by bringing it back to North Carolina and drinking it.

That's ridiculous ... My body my choice and YES all drugs should be legal based on the same principles - I have been arguing that for years.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor

From what I've been able to gleen from the media, the owners of Rawesome have been charged with "conspiracy". (As a side note, since every criminal proceeding boils down to a contest of opposing theories of what really happened, I guess you could say that the government is persuing the "conspiracy theory"..LOL)

If it turns out that they did, in fact, sell to a non-member then I suppose that they did violate some provision of their license, but I'm still not convinced that such an infraction justifies a full-blown SWAT raid. That just doesn't pass the famous "smell test" in my opinion.

PS: I have very much enjoyed our dialogue this morning.

Thanks for that btw...I have as well. I think we are on the same side.
We should be anyway. We need to be.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Could this in fact be the repurcussions from Monsanto due to the fact they're currently being sued by thousands of members within the Organic industry? Just a thought.
edit on 4-8-2011 by truthrising2012 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Lol, yeah I know! I found that extremely hilarious. Died while jogging. But I know what you're saying, people can have a certain genetic disposition to certain things.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthrising2012
Could this in fact be the repurcussions from Monsanto due to the fact they're currently being sued by thousands of members within the Organic industry? Just a thought.
edit on 4-8-2011 by truthrising2012 because: spelling

Good point. You can bet they are instigating and have a finger in it somewhere. I was reading yesterday MONSANTO makes a billion dollars (yes a billion profit) a year on one product alone...ROUND-UP.

And yet they are divesting themselves of the product...which means they are selling rights to sell it to someone else. Why would they give up such a profit generator?

It is suspected in the deaths of the butteries, birds and colony collapse disorder of the bees. They do not want to be bothered trying to defend the product and so they'll let someone else take the profits and risks pending in a class action lawsuit which may be a ways down the road.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Is breast milk illegal in some states ?
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-8-2011 by A por uvas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There are a lot of stores that sell organic, natural products ......I think there are (hidden agendas) in this raid....I think that perhaps the people involved...have made some very dangerous enemies....enemies who have (secret government connections) and who know they don't have to play by the rules.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Yah, I wouldn't be surprised. From what I heard there's over 300,000 organics farmers who have filed a lawsuit against Monsanto due to the fact that the Roundup seeds have contiminated their farms.

We also know that Monsanto can be a ruthless company if farmers do not comply and are pretty much forced to succumb to their products. I just wouldn't be surprised if they were involved.
edit on 4-8-2011 by truthrising2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

While it's legal to manufacture and sell unpasteurized dairy products in California, licenses and permits are required. Rawesome may have violated regulations by selling raw dairy products to non-members.]

It seems it is not non-members but people they are CALLING non-members.

Straight from the horse's mouth in a connected case:

..Palmer says she had worked hard to survive without selling dairy products, instead selling beef, pork, chickens, and eggs she raises on the farm. "They nearly forced me out of business with the previous raids," she says. She and her three children "are barely surviving."

She had continued providing milk to Vanderplanitz's Rawesome as part of a previously existing herdshare arrangement. "I'm not part of Aajonus' business," Palmer told me. He and other owners of the goats "have their herdshare and pick up their milk here." They even do their own bottling.

The search warrant, executed by a CDFA agent, refers to "ongoing criminal actions since January 2009." She says one of the agents said it was ongoing "about cheese and milk." When she inquired of the man who identified himself as being with

the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office as to why they were after her again when all she was doing was fulfilling terms of a herdshare agreement, he said, "We don't agree you can have a private membership."

What's perhaps most astonishing to Palmer is that, at a time when California state and local agencies are announcing mammoth layoffs - more than 200,000 state employees have been furloughed - an assortment of agencies are throwing huge amounts of manpower at her and Aajonus Vonderplanitz.

"They can afford to have between both locations (Rawesome and Palmer's farm) 65 different people spend a day. And how much time was spent preparing everything? Who authorizes that kind of money from Los Angeles County to go through my receipts?...It's not about public safety. These are all private members. I could see if I was peddling milk to the public, but I'm not. It's disgusting that they can abuse public funds for something that doesn't involve public safety."

Her main hope is that by going after Aajonus Vonderplanitz and his food club, authorities might at last rile up consumers enough that they will contact their local politicians, and force authorities to explain what is driving such a high-priority investigation. Following the previous raids on her farm in late 2008 and early 2009, she says she didn't see much evidence of consumer support. "People tend to stand back," she says.

Vonderplanitz, for his part, is threatening to sue government agencies for the attack on the food club. He said in a statement over the weekend, "The club is severely in debt because of the confiscation of members' food. The warrant stated that authorities could take samples (vials) but they took 17 huge coolers of product." He added: "Several of the volunteers for our club, including me (I do not make one cent from anything distributed at Rawesome and I pay for farmers' services like everyone else), conferenced with several attorneys and paralegals. We have decided to sue the government for their violations."... thehealingjournal.com...

As I said it is actually about the right of contract and individual rights.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I can buy raw organic cheese at Kroger so I do not see how it can be illegal, I buy the stuff because I like live food and my body is used to live food. Also these Co-Ops are "private" member only clubs NOT open to the general public so it really is very strange that we have SWAT teams arresting folks that have gotten together to have their own supply of raw organic diary produce .... It’s not like they can cause a huge public outbreak of food poisoning al la Cargill Turkey et Co.

ooooohhh dangerous foodies ..... this appears as utter madeness and a complete waste of taxpayers money ...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join