It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi-agency armed raid hits Rawesome Foods, Healthy Family Farms for selling raw milk and cheese

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Off topic for a sec...you said "Momma K"?It's funny because I had just started reading this book called "The Way of the Shadow" by Brent Weeks and was at a part where there's this whore named Momma K!This type of thing has been happening a lot lately.

As for the farms?As long as their food pasts safety tests then what's the big deal?Seems like the government is just mad they aren't getting their cut!

It's legal for them to cut out the competition.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I can see were these people are coming from having the right to eat what you want and all that...ok thats fine , but the FDA is doing them a huge favor by shutting this place down these people don't realize the risk their taking. milk is pasteurized for a reason when it come to the back half of the cow it very unsanitary when they piss and # it rolls down and gets all over the utters, and if the utters are not cleaned good any bacteria an parasites are going into the milk, also too sometimes cows get infections in their utters and puss (YES PUSS) will get into the milk.

unless i personally raised my own cows i would never drink raw milk from a dairy farm .

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Again folks there's a good reason to not drink raw milk.

The US became too polluted with Toxins and Dioxins as well as Fallout from our nuclear tests and disasters.

The reason they went to getting powdered milk from 3rd World Countries is because our raw milk is NOT fit to drink.

Also WHY do you think Asia was protesting the importation of US Beef? Because the beef had to pass thru a gamma ray emitting nuclear device to kill whats in the meat....Asia didn't want none of that.

Mad Cow Disease, poisons in the milk because the cows are eating poisoned grass and feed....that's why it's so.

The Government just can't tell you....you have to research it and find it out for yourself....the WHY.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
i think its a legal requirement for milk to be pasteurised (and cheese). they just shut down an illegal farm that was endangering the public.
edit on 3-8-2011 by neonitus because: cant spell

What about these farms where salmonella and mad cow come from? Hrmmmmmmm?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Anusuia

Totally sad and crazy .. Unbelievable to go to such extremes. I think the other poster had the right idea about checking to see who are paying them off to do these raids

It is the World Trade Organization or rather the AG Cartel in charge of IPC behind the WTO. They wanted a monopoly on the world food supply so Congress just handed over the US food supply with the Food Modernization Act and the rest of the world with WTO 15 years before. (Remember the head of the FDA is a Monsanto lawyer.)

The "Food Safety Modernization Act" just being passed in December 2010 g0es in effect 2012.
The new law includes the following section:
SEC. 404. COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.
Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.
www.fda.gov...

All the regulations for driving farmers out of business are now in place. They were written by WTO in collusion with the United Nations over the last 15 years and are ready to go. (See links at bottom)

The game plan:
1. First the Ag Cartel roped farmers into binding contracts.
(Most meat & veggie? is now produced under these contracts.)

Then they used the 1996 HACCP regs to wipe-out many of the smaller processing plants. In my area, ten years ago you could get chickens, rabbits goats and sheep dressed and had your pick. Now there is ONE processor who does goats and sheep (Muslim) and one who does cows with a year long waiting list. Forget chickens and rabbits.

Yesterday it was announced the commercial NC chicken plants [are] closing, laying off 1000-plus Farmers are in hock to the tune of 300,000 to 5000,000 for buildings they can no longer use. There are no independent plants. There are no other jobs. I am waiting for George Soros to "Kindly" take all that nice farmland off their hands as he just did with the flooded farmland in the midplains area.

Poultry comprised nearly 39.1% of North Carolina's total farm income in 2008. The scuttlebutt is that the poultry industry will be moving lock stock and barrel to Mexico, home of tuberculosis beef and salmonella peppers. (YUCK!)

The bankrupting of the chicken industry can be traced back to the doubling of corn prices thanks to Corn for ethanol. The money trail leads to ADM. Cargill, Monsanto, Goldman Sachs and the men who are prominent in the deal, Grain man Dan Amstutz and Dwayne Andreas, the biggest all time campaign contributor to the democrats and republicans.

See:
smirkingchimp.com...
www.smirkingchimp.com...
www.smirkingchimp.com...

These are from United Nations FAO and OIE (Good Farming/Agriculture Practices)

FAO GAPs (fruits and veggies)

“What are Good Agricultural Practices?

...A multiplicity of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) codes, standards and regulations have been developed in recent years by the food industry and producers organizations but also governments and NGOs, aiming to codify agricultural practices at farm level for a range of commodities....”
www.fao.org... [has links]

OIE Good Farming Practices: Livestock
www.oie.int... - GUIDE TO GOOD FARMING PRACTICES FOR ANIMAL PRODUCTION FOOD .[/url]

www.oie.int... - Good Dairy Farming Practice.[/url]

Short Report of what the S.O.B.s are up to: - OIE WORKING GROUP ON ANIMAL PRODUCTION FOOD SAFETY Report to the 77th General Session of the OIE International Committee - Paris, 24–29 May 2009

As far as I can tell we LOST! It is just a matter of moping up the odd strays. That is why they want the NAMES

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

doesn't fit the "nanny state" program

I was going to S&F you until I read this comment. imho - this is not about a "nanny state" program, it's about cementing corporate control, and corporate government.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Anther example of the corporations setting the laws through bribery and manipulation of public opinion etc...
There is no reason that fresh whole milk should be harmful to humans.
The option to eat what you will, would seem to be part of the freedoms protected by the US constitution no?
These anti constitutional laws that get set up by agencies without vote or input by the public are springing up everywhere in society......
Its about time to realise that theres an armed swat team out there for just about every free thinking human being in the future......when they come for you, you better be ready because they WILL!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

...Mad Cow Disease, poisons in the milk because the cows are eating poisoned grass and feed....that's why it's so.

1. Pasteurization does NOT kill the prions that cause Mad Cow disease.

2. Pasteurization and other methods of sterilization and food processing can create new disease-causing prions.

You're right about the fact that there's horrible stuff going on that 'they' don't want us to know about. Like the fact that this whole mess is about multinational corporations negotiating for market share - the deal is 'shut down the little guys then maybe we'll clean up a bit of the crap we dump into your water, soil, food and air.'

edit on 4/8/11 by soficrow because: clarity

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

The US became too polluted with Toxins and Dioxins as well as Fallout from our nuclear tests and disasters.

The reason they went to getting powdered milk from 3rd World Countries is because our raw milk is NOT fit to drink.

Also WHY do you think Asia was protesting the importation of US Beef? Because the beef had to pass thru a gamma ray emitting nuclear device to kill whats in the meat....Asia didn't want none of that.

Mad Cow Disease, poisons in the milk because the cows are eating poisoned grass and feed....that's why it's so.

The Government just can't tell you....you have to research it and find it out for yourself....the WHY.

Pasturization does nothing to remove Dioxins, this place that's been raided is a small organic co-op in other words no pesticides, no routine feeding of anti-biotics, mostly grass pasture feeding on organic land as it's a herd share of goats and cows and a small group of people they are more likely to notice any cows showing signs of mad cow disease, (i.e their raw organic milk will have way less pesticides in it, hopefully none but if there are conventional farms around accidental spraying can occur, no cancer causing rBHG gmo hormone, no gmo feed)... they're probably about the only decent food around where they are located.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

i am from the uk and i would never drink milk that has been tampered with , if your happy with it then carry on but its not for me .

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Absurd.

If I make a conscious decision to drink "raw" milk, then that's my decision. If I make any decision to live the way I want to live, and I'm not hurting or taking from others as I do so, then God help the man that tries to take that from me. We live in a country where you can join the armed forces when you're 17 years old, training to kill the 3rd world poor, but you're "not allowed" to buy alcohol until you're 21 because it's not safe.

These peoples lives are so unbelievably pathetic, that they must try to impose their misery on others to maintain their illusion of sanity. Misery loves company, as they say. So let them live their putrid chemical-soaked worthless lives. I won't shed a tear when they start complaining of how sick and miserable they are, and how no one cares or does anything about it. Let them swallow all the pills they want, in their pitiful effort to make it stop. I really don't care about these people at all, there is something entirely sub-human about all of this, and they should be left to suffer, be shunned, and excommunicated from humanity itself until they embrace adulthood and change their ways.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by highpriestess
Do you have any idea how many centuries people have been drinking raw milk with no issues?

Didn't Abe Lincoln's wife get sick and died from drinking unpasteurized milk? While unpasteurized cheese is perfectly healthy to consume because the negative germs and what not that can make you sick and kill you are combated by the healthy germs. Unpasteurized milk has a much higher chance of transmitting disease and harmful germs. Not to mention all the crap (literally) that is floating around in unpasteurized and unfiltered milk.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac

Do you have any idea how many centuries people have been drinking raw milk with no issues?

Didn't Abe Lincoln's wife get sick and died from drinking unpasteurized milk?

Talk about disinformation. I don't know who told you this, or why, but it's wrong.

This type of stuff doesn't fly anymore when you can simply google it to prove otherwise. An amateur search will show that it was rumored she died of a stroke, and "paralysis" written on the death certificate.

So no, Mary Todd Lincoln wasn't killed by "dirty peasant milk".

I suppose George Washington was killed by eating organic food not treated with pesticides, and the Revolutionary War was almost lost because the Americans were drinking non-pasteurized milk. Thank God they weathered through, and endured the endless diarrhea, fighting to the end, warding off the British before they all succumbed to their deaths from the treacherous tainted milk.

This is why pasteurized-milk is in circulation today, to honor the deaths of the soldiers in the Revolutionary War. God Bless America.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The argument over whether the milk is good or bad is a red-herring. Giant agribusiness wants processed foods because the ship easier - not because they are supposed to be safer as BOTH raw and processed go bad. What folks get caught up on is the programming that is put in as an excuse to make the laws that support the business. In this case, selling milk over great distances would require processing, so the milk folks went to the government - the corporation that controls corporate activities and said: make selling raw stuff illegal. The gov said why? Then the campaign started to demonize raw food and now, folks just parrot back the "oh, it is bad for you and can kill you" stuff they got from the PR campaign.

The most perfect example of this back-justification is Aspartame. Aspartame is ineffective ulcer medication, the inventor found is somewhat sweet. Searl tried to get it approved and gov said no and saccharine worked just fine. So they went to work, saccharine got the "it causes cancer" campaign with made up studies to show it, but say it loud enough and long enough and it becomes fact. So folks needed diet soda, and when Rummy went to the bat for the toxic horror that is aspartame, it was ushered right in. Saccharine does NOT cause cancer but ask any person on the street and they will say it does. Aspartame causes all manner of illness and damage, but ask any person on the street and they'll say it is healthier then sugar and perfectly safe.

The issue here is the rights of folks who enter into a contract to buy foods at a PRIVATE club subject to the taxes involved. Don't think for a minute this is about health, the FDA is not about human health but about food and drug commerce and making sure all is fair in the trade - notice the absence of words "Human," or "Health," in the name. For you who think "FDA approved" means something you need to actually stop drinking the koolaid, "FDA approved" means taxes and fees are in order with the corporate rules. Fast food is killing people as we speak, this is a known fact, but they can sell that poison because the play by the rules that allow the various agency's and third part agents to take their cut.

A license is NOT proof of anything other than you have paid your tax which then gives you the ability to play the corporate game within the rules set up. What if you want to live free, provide your club members with good food, or good soccer games, or good ammunition for that matter, and not play the corporate controlled game? Please read Jean Paul Zedoux's excellent work on this topic in the "girls selling lemonade" thread if you want to ACTUALLY understand what is going on.

The story lists the actions as a year long "sting" operation. This is nuts, the food was for sale, be a MEMBER and you can pickup the goods you paid for by the membership. Sting is just people who have watched too much tv and think everything is a real life "24" in which a life is saved every minute by these sort of actions.

Folks should not tolerate this but they will.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

You're right about the fact that there's horrible stuff going on that 'they' don't want us to know about. Like the fact that this whole mess is about multinational corporations negotiating for market share - the deal is 'shut down the little guys then maybe we'll clean up a bit of the crap we dump into your water, soil, food and air.'

YEAH, Thats the PLAN!

Several years ago I heard my County Ex-Agent talking of this. He was at the presentation.

This comes from the Ag Journal, Billings, Montana: "At a recent ceremony at the White House, Vice President and presidential candidate Al Gore let slip what many have long believed was his real intention as regards to U.S. agriculture.

"While presenting a national award to a Colorado FFA member, Gore asked the student what his/her life plans were. Upon hearing that the FFA member wanted to continue on in production agriculture,

Gore reportedly replied that the young person should develop other plans because our production agriculture is being shifted out of the U.S. to the Third World."

showcase.netins.net...

Clinton Ratified NAFTA and WTO in 1995.(open borders & no Tarriffs)

The 1996 "Freedom to Farm Act" produced rock bottom grain & corn prices. The cheap grain flooded Mexico and bankrupted Mexican Farmers.

Small Businesses: Under NAFTA, by 1997, an estimated 28,000 small businesses in Mexico had been destroyed by competition with foreign multinationals and their Mexican partners.

Farmers Demand Suspension: NAFTA market access and anti-subsidy rules for agriculture have forced huge numbers of peasants off the land because they are no longer "competitive." . . .In 1997, 65% of the actual Mexican labor force was either unemployed or underemployed. library.jid.org...

In another study, 75% or more than 2 million Mexican farmers have been forced off their land since NAFTA was enacted.

The land in Mexico and else were was bought up at firesale prices by Corporations like Smithfield of Swine flu fame.

Then Al Gore and his buddies got back to work and we get the Bio-fuel law enacted. Corn prices went back through the roof, cattle prices go through the floor. The U.S. cattle herd shrank to the smallest size in 53 years as feed costs climbed

Close to me:

Chicken plant closings deal blow to 2 N.C. cities
Townsend plans to close all the company's facilities by October and lay off more than 1,000 workers in Siler City and Mocksville.

The move, which will also terminate contracts with about 200 chicken farmers in four counties, brings an abrupt end to an investment that was viewed as a lifeline for the state's poultry industry.... "These farmers probably still owe anywhere from $250,000 to $400,000," said Dan Campeau, a poultry agent with the N.C. Cooperative Extension Service who is based in Pittsboro.

Pilgrim's Pride, the world's second-largest chicken producer, reported a $128 million loss for the second quarter Friday and said it would close a plant in Dallas..... "If we have another year or two like this it's going to drive everybody out of business and most of our business is probably going to go south to Mexico or South America," he said. www.charlotteobserver.com...

The US government is INTENTIONALLY putting in place laws that whiplash prices and bankrupt independent farmers all over the world.

Welcome to "Global Governance 2025" planned by US & EU Intelligence Agencies courtesy of Freedom of Information Act, at cia.gov.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
People blame the government for this, but I guarantee there is a corporate aspect to this behind the government action.

Somewhere some corporation felt threatened by this enterprise and pushed the government to act.

It wouldn't be the first and it won't be the last time big business does this.
edit on 4/8/11 by MikeboydUS because: r

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'd agree that such a raid is Unwarranted...

... but it annoys me that people use this as an example of a "nanny state." The motives are likely the opposite -- it's and example of a "fascist state." The raid isn't to protect public health -- it's more likely at the behest of some huge corporate farming conglomerate and/or pharmaceutical company worried that healthy bacteria might make their stomach ulcer or other medicine obsolete.

>> This "myth" that our issues are due to Socialism, or an over-protective government is total nonsense. Those "regulations" that choke small businesses are usually written by big corporations. For instance, only large financial institutions can dare deal with "Oxley/Sarbane" reporting -- so it raises a barrier to entry and reduces competition.

If people keep blaming the WRONG thing -- then they only help the perpetrators. All these "small government" people don't understand that the ONLY shrinking going on is useful services that help the public -- but government that helps line the pockets of the powerful is continuing to grow. Do we need any more aircraft carriers?

This Bureaucracy that we deal with, is not to protect us, and it doesn't really matter what paperwork someone fills out if the regulators look the other way when a Big company like BP or Exxon want to cut corners. Regulations, like our laws, only affect the Middle Class and Middle-sized company and down.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac

Didn't Abe Lincoln's wife get sick and died from drinking unpasteurized milk? While unpasteurized cheese is perfectly healthy to consume because the negative germs and what not that can make you sick and kill you are combated by the healthy germs. Unpasteurized milk has a much higher chance of transmitting disease and harmful germs. Not to mention all the crap (literally) that is floating around in unpasteurized and unfiltered milk.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong on both counts.
I'm not positive on the Abe Lincoln's wife thing but the rest is wrong.
Raw milk cheese is only "safe" after 60 days of aging not because there are "healthy germs" but because the PH levels are high enough to kill the bad bacteria.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShiftDrift

Mary Todd Lincoln died from what is believed to be a stroke related to diabetes.

On July 16, 1882, Mary Lincoln died at age 64 from a stroke, most likely of complications from untreated diabetes. The funeral was held in the parlor of the Edwards home, the same room in which she married Abraham Lincoln 40 years earlier. She was buried in the Lincoln tomb in Oak Ridge Cemetery.

topics.nytimes.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join