It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multi-agency armed raid hits Rawesome Foods, Healthy Family Farms for selling raw milk and cheese

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dave0davidson

Totally sad and crazy .. Unbelievable to go to such extremes. I think the other poster had the right idea about checking to see who are paying them off to do these raids

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by highpriestess

Originally posted by Trueman
In this idiocracy selling raw milk is ilegal and selling cigarretes is not.

indeed. more people are harmed buying and huffing spray paint in this country than by drinking raw milk.

when i was a kid, we used to LOVE to go to the dairy to get milk and then come home and watch the creme settle to the top. When i tell my kids about this, they look at me like I just stepped out of an episode of Little House on the Prairie... but truth is, it wasn't THAT long ago!

Thanks for that thought. It reminds me of when I was 6 to 11 years old in Racine Wisconsin from 1956 to 1962. The "milkman" would make his rounds early in the morning once or twice a week delivering bottles of milk and cream fresh from the local dairy. He would leave it in a small rectangular enclosure next to the back door before the family got up for the day. Cream rose to the top in the heavy glass botttles which were returned to the milkman's hole in the wall and be replaced by fresh ones a couple times a week. The milk tasted different, healthier, and better than the pasteurized homogenized milk of today. Not contaminated by bovine growth hormones or other chemicals fed to the dairy cows to boost production. Children's growth spurts occurred later than today and we didn't sexually mature until ages 15 to 17 in contrast to ages 12 to 14 like today.
edit on 8/4/2011 by dubiousone because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

This is something of an inconvenience but a welcome relief.
My mother would have had a sister if it were not for RAW, UNPASTEURIZED MILK. which was contaminated and killed the infant who was only 6 months old. People don't understand the necessity of this.

It is ok to take chances with your own life but once you sell unpasteurized dairy products to another, you have no right to ask a stranger to take that chance.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye

Originally posted by angelchanneller
reply to post by jdub297

Raw Milk in the US

Take note the mid to bottom of the scroll and why Maine has removed their farms from this list.

I continue my research and will post....

dude, ever heard of copy paste? so people can see the point your making without following a link and scrolling through a wall of text

Maine

NOTE: Five Maine listings were removed on October 1st at the farmers' request because USDA officials are using this site to find farms that offer raw milk and are then harassing them and using scare tactics to get them to stop selling raw milk. Consumers should be outraged at this infringement of their rights. In Maine, raw milk sales are legal both on the farm and in retail stores!

the government is after all healthy food for a very blatant reason....they dont want you to be healthy. hospital bills make them money. big pharma contributes to politicians pockets.

all those people who continue to buy the lies from agencies like the WTO, FDA, USDA, CDC are the real terrorists.

I just wanted to post to say, as soon as I made this last post of mine above^ my internet got shut down by my isp, I am not saying that it is definitvely connected, I am only trying to imply that it sure is a peculiar coincidence, and I will be calling my isp in the morning to find out why (4am here).

Posting this from an entirely different isp

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
some of these replys are quite silly.
pasteurised milk is safer, thats a fact. you know what people who argue against facts are dont you?
food laws usually have a pretty good reason behind them. this farm was talking short cuts to make more money whilst endangering their customers.

Smarten up why don't you?

The only reason pasteurization is required is so the government could keep track of how much milk those dairy farms produce. Why? Taxes. That's the only reason.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by jdub297

This is something of an inconvenience but a welcome relief.
My mother would have had a sister if it were not for RAW, UNPASTEURIZED MILK. which was contaminated and killed the infant who was only 6 months old. People don't understand the necessity of this.

It is ok to take chances with your own life but once you sell unpasteurized dairy products to another, you have no right to ask a stranger to take that chance.

Get it straight. Nobody is asking any stranger to take any chance, the purchasers willingly seek out the product it is not pushed on them. You have no right telling strangers what chances they have the right to take.

And also get it straight, raw milk didn't kill the baby, perhaps its condition may have which could only be caused by uncleanly or improper cow care. Your grandparents should have done more research into the farm she got the milk from before drinking it raw, the fault is on her. Sorry to break that news to you, it isn't right for you to force others or support force upon others to live life and drink what YOU think is right, not anymore then it would be right for me to force you to drink raw milk, freedom of choice must be defended.

Also, the incident you are speaking of is two generations old likely 40-60 years ago, don't you think times change? Get with the times, don't let one bad experience ruin your perspective as the grandchild, many infants have died from drinkin pasterized milk as well, so by your logic ALL milk should be illegal,

Get a brain
edit on 8/4/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Wow, sad you guys don't get the choice.. A farm by me in the UK sells unpasteurised milk nationally.. tho it does come with a little warning

"This milk has not been heat treated and may therefore contain organisms harmful to health." which is fair enough..

www.hookandson.co.uk...

I guess this is all about big business trying to control as much as they can... sad really..

edit on 4/8/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

pasteurised milk is safer, thats a fact.

Care to provide any proof of that claim?

You do know what people who spout unsubstantiated opinions as facts are called don't you?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
One of my fondest memories as a kid was when my grandmother would go to a local farm and bring in two large glass jars of fresh milk, it is delicious. one she would let sour and make fresh butter/butterilk also. Biscuits made out of this would blow your mind. These "authorities" should have been put in jail for terrorist acts against the people. Ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If they raided Rawesome foods just because the sell Raw milk and cheese products than yes, this is exceptionally wrong, and a crock of bu11$h!t....
Something tells me there must be more to the story, they were interested in the amount of cash in his store... It's nOt hard to get business records to track their annual and even semi annual profits. It's also not hard to track stock and inventory cost. If there was a surplus of cash in the store, Exceeding that of the stores potential than we are looking at a possible front for an illegal operation (not involving raw dairy). I dont want to go into the details of what this illegal operation could be, mostly because I don't agree with the fact that it's illegal.... But, think about the location... Venice Beach, CA.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by highpriestess

reply to post by eXia7

they did, though its much safer to drink pasteurised milk. you want to drink raw milk, go ahead

says who?

ETA: "you want to drink raw milk, go ahead" -- that's the whole point... we should be allowed to if we choose, without being raided by armed SWAT geared milk police. it is MY body.

edit on 3-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)

True enough but you can't be instrumental in getting others to take the same risk. They may not know the risks, assume there is no danger and when something does happen they will sue the company and the FDA for not regulating it, for permitting it to happen.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor

pasteurised milk is safer, thats a fact.

Care to provide any proof of that claim?

You do know what people who spout unsubstantiated opinions as facts are called don't you?

What do they call people who harass others without bothering to check on the claim themselves?

www.slate.com...

In February 1907, a New York physician discovered that his longtime dairy supplier had switched to pasteurized milk.

He so detested the practice—not to mention the taste—that, as he wrote to the New York Times, he would rather "run the risk of typhoid, scarlet fever, diphtheria, and tuberculosis rather than [endure] the evils that I believe would follow the systematic and prolonged use of pasteurized milk."

One assumes the doctor was indulging in a public temper tantrum, not broadcasting a suicide wish.

By 1907, physicians knew well the blistering fevers of typhoid, the terrible choking deaths of diphtheria, and what was then called "the white plague" of tuberculosis.

Raw milk containing those very pathogens had been linked to the deaths of hundreds of children in New York City annually.

And by the time that letter was published, some four decades of experiments showed that the quick-heat treatment of pasteurization could save lives.

My mothers infant sister was one of those that died of TB.
edit on 4-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I have been watching this story since Mike Adams broke it on AJ's radio show yesterday.

Adams stated (and it is my understanding that witnesses have verified) that the first words from the "authorities" that raided the store were: "Where's the money?"

Now I may not be a law enforcement expert, but obviously if a bunch of heavily armed men rush into an establishment uninvited and demand, "Where's the money?" thats a straight up armed robbery - no matter WHO does it!

The whole thing with the "cash only" bail and the requirement to disclose the source of any funds used for bail is right out of the Nazi playbook.

This whole affair is outrageous and further erodes any faith that the people may still have in their overlords - uh.. I mean.. "government".

The time is fast approaching when it will become necessary to meet this type of Mafia thugishness with armed resistance.

In my opinion, the sooner the better!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

You are not even reading are you?

There's an element of wishful thinking to many food mythologies, but—unlike the haloed status of raw milk—most don't lead directly to risky behavior or public health concerns or physicians complaining that increased consumption of "nature's perfect food" has led to a recent doubling in the number of milk-borne disease outbreaks.
www.slate.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Carefull now, CAREFULL.

Or you will be thrown to jail by the government for posting your opinions.

Please do not hesitate to write [email protected] for further info

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

You have no right telling strangers what chances they have the right to take.

No, I don't but the FDA does.
Get this straight....
I lost an aunt due to this practice and so sorry if I don't agree and never will.
I think I still have that right don't I?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Another bleeding heart! Thank you Captain Obvious!! BREAKING NEWS: Pathogens cause death and disease!!

The fallacy in your argument is that you assume that all raw milk is replete with various nasty organisms and therefore unsafe for human consumption. A minimum of research on your part would have prevented your looking like a complete idiot.

By your logic, since automobiles cause such mayhem in the form of death and injury, it would be perfectly reasonable for some government agency to require that all autos be fitted with a governing device that would restrict their speed to 10 mph - or better yet, ban their sale entirely!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor

Another bleeding heart! Thank you Captain Obvious!! BREAKING NEWS: Pathogens cause death and disease!!

The fallacy in your argument is that you assume that all raw milk is replete with various nasty organisms and therefore unsafe for human consumption. A minimum of research on your part would have prevented your looking like a complete idiot.

By your logic, since automobiles cause such mayhem in the form of death and injury, it would be perfectly reasonable for some government agency to require that all autos be fitted with a governing device that would restrict their speed to 10 mph - or better yet, ban their sale entirely!

Nice try buddy.

I drink raw milk. I take the chance.

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I drink raw milk. I take the chance.

Now let me get this straight, you claim to have lost a family member in the distant past due to raw milk, yet you still ingest that evil substance. That statement doesn't exactly support your position does it?

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

You have no right telling strangers what chances they have the right to take.

No, I don't but the FDA does.
Get this straight....
I lost an aunt due to this practice and so sorry if I don't agree and never will.
I think I still have that right don't I?

Well someone just lost someone due to the ground turkey that's being recalled. Guess that should be about it for ground turkey. You mess up once and you're outa here huh?

Oh and what about the spinach outbreak? bye bye popeye

Get off your high horse. Lots of people have relatives die from something. doesn't mean everything should be banned because it caused their death. Harry died from choking on a piece of steak. I would have my uncle harry if it weren't for steak - OUTLAW STEAKS NOW!!
edit on 4-8-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join