It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Openminded?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I was skiming thru the topics today and had a few discussions about government coverups. I posed a question that seemed to be sorta unpopular. I thought I'd throw it around here.

We all (well, if your here I can pretty much count you in the "we" catagory) agree that there is a massive governmemt coverup to keep the existence of ET from the general public. No need to list all the the evidence that points to this (God knows it's all over ATS)
So, what's my point? It's no big deal to say that the gov't is a corrupt power bent on keeping the general public in the dark when it comes to such things. It's a pretty common viewpoint that they take extreme measures to hold the evidence back and spread lies about the evidence that has leaked from thier possesion. What isn't too common is the viewpoint that they may be protecting us for real. So, I asked if you are openminded enough to not only accept the existence of ET and the gov't coverup, but can you accept that there may be good intentions to the coverup?

If the gov't has vast knowledge on such things, wouldn't you think they have some info on thier intentions here as well? What if they had evidence that showed the intentions for our planet were not good. Perhaps a massive forced assimilation, or flat out inhillation of our species. We seem to think that the ET's have massive amts of technology, far beyond our own. They could do pretty much whatever they want and make thier presence known to us if they chose to. But they haven't (at least not on a massive, global scale). Why? What if the gov't knew of a way to seriously harm them? This would explain why they seem to be observing us from a distance, very rarely exiting their crafts (or whatever you wanna refer to) to make personal contact. If they had wrong intentions toward us, would we be so upset that the gov't was keeping them from making that massive contact?

Of course this is all theory. I personally have never seen a ufo, been abducted, or even seen a picture, video, or document that would "prove" ET life to me. But, if only one of the hundreds of thousands of stories, pictures, or videos is true, then the rest don't matter. So if I'm willing to be openminded to the possibility of ET life and the evil gov't intentions to keep us in the dark about the good intentions and alien technology that will better the lives of all mankind, just so they can continue to control us, then I need to be openminded enough to consider that the gov't protecting us from possible alien invasions that would threaten our very existence.

Discuss amongst yourselves...

[edit on 16-8-2004 by mpeake]

[edit on 16-8-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Very interesting idea. Although I would place the odds as very small it could very well be a possibilty. I mean if they could be harmed, then they might not be as powerful as one would assume.

Here is another idea, what if help from one "species" is keeping the other one at bay?

What if only one is good?

What if God has not yet apponited them the time to make themselves known. (this is my personal leaning)

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well, if alien invasion were to happen, and their purpose for taking over the planet was to harvest it of its natural resources, it would be a dubious situation.

If a full scale attack were to occur, I'd suspect that many large nations, in their fear of losing power, would use nuclear weapons thereby reducing the world to a charred wasteland (and effectually making Earth useless to the aliens).

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by coronamoz
Well, if alien invasion were to happen, and their purpose for taking over the planet was to harvest it of its natural resources, it would be a dubious situation.

If a full scale attack were to occur, I'd suspect that many large nations, in their fear of losing power, would use nuclear weapons thereby reducing the world to a charred wasteland (and effectually making Earth useless to the aliens).

What if the gov't right now has the knowledge of what will stop them from invading. Something that is not nuclear related. Several of the gov't stories talk about the aliens making our nuclear launch capabilities useless. If that were true, then we would not even be able to destroy them and ourselves using nukes. What if the ultimate alien weapon is crude? something that all humans are capable of doing? We don't know what it is, but the gov't does and have let aliens know that we know how to stop them. Then if the aliens did make there invasion, all the gov't would need to do is inform us how to defeat them with our crude methods.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Aliens might not even be good weapon makers. Perhaps they were smart and stopped making weapons hundreds even millions of years ago. So then our weapons might be on par with their own even though in other fields of technology they far surpass us.

Humans might be the most warlike race in the Universe

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Let me put it straight, 'No alien race wants the complete anihilation of humans' if they wanted that they would have done it a long time ago. Instead they want 'Control' over the humans they want to use us for their personal interests, they basically want to work us, experiment on us, test us, etc,, if the goverments of this world are trying to cover up something is either that an alien race has already some kind of contact with them or that an alien race is trying to put their will on them in order to control the whole population but not to destroy it.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Maybe we have not been wiped out because they never saw us as a threat. But as we get closer to spreading like a virus across the Galaxy and hold fast to warlike ways they may see that as a direct threat.

They could just be keeping us in under watch hoping we change but if we dont we could become a threat to the Universe as a whole.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
What if the government does know of their existence, but beyond that revelation has nothing to contribute to the conversation?

Meaning they don't know their intent, how to stop them, where they come from...nothing.

That would be the simplest explanation IMO for why the cover-up. The government doesn't want to look like it's not in control. Imagine the hysteria?

For what it's worth, even we take some solace in thinking the government is on top of things and just not telling us. Wouldn't the saddest revelation of all be they're pooping their depends without a clue along with the rest of us?

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
hmm it's an interesting idea and I wonder why it would of never been thought of really.

Maybe the govt doesn't know what to do about these things and can't control them and perhaps they have learnt the truth about our origins and won't tell the rest of us in fear of sending the population into panic that we are being watched and tested on and there is nothing the military can do about it. Could life on earth just be an experiment by aliens to see how life progresses and develops on a planet? imagine it like a really big urey-miller experiment, some chemicals here, electricity there and wham! amino acids. Watch and record these amino acids over billions of years and see what happens.

The only problem with my idea is that while it is possible for life to have developed billions of years before us it just doesn't seem possible that they would of been able to sustain civilization for such a long time. Which lead me to another idea that the aliens are from an original dimension and have somehow created a universe and this is all one big experiment.

lol my imagination is running wild

drfunk

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
A good point Rant they may infact not really know more then most people suspect already. And by comming forward with their info might just lead to more questions then they have answers for.

But if that is indeed true wouldnt letting the world in on their secret help them find out more then they ever could do with just a handful of people working in secret. If you had everyone on earth looking in the subject we would find answers alot faster.

This is just my Opinion but I think the US knows stuff in the tech department that they dont want anyone eles to get there hands on. Which might be a better reason to keep it secret. All we need is a zero-point energy bomb

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It's all about control and deception with Government agencies and alien life forms. Perhaps the Government in this regard does not wish to protect us from the threat, but they are utilizing this sensitive issue of alien life forms to further control the human population. Just take a look at where our world is heading today. Everthing is leading to a one world totalitarian system with advanced technology making its way into our very biology.

If the Government knows what threat these alien life forms are, then maybe they have attempted to communicate with them already. Perhaps there were treaties established to protect Earth's humans from the threat of alien existence. This would mean certain agencies are colluding with aliens for various reasons: cloning, technology, etc.

I've noticed how in ancient history there were certain "gods" who controlled humans. These "gods", who were really aliens, provided past humanity with technology, such as technology to build pyramids etc. Why can't we say that this is the same thing going on today? It most likely is.

In my opinion, certain agencies are in this collusion with aliens to control the billions of humans on Earth, all heading to a one world totalitarian system. Maybe this is when "they" officially make themselves known, when all nations on Earth have been united and controlled till there is no way of rebelling once we become ultimate slaves to "their" agenda.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Great responses! I agree that the theme here is ultimate government control. I just wanted to see if anyone would admit to the possibility that whether the gov't knew the intentions or not, they are only trying to preserve the way of human life as we know it. If they did know the intentions of the ET's were not good, whether it be to destroy all mankind, or to enslave us, or to harvest us and our resources, then I can see why they would think it is necessary to keep thier existence a secret from us. Just as I agree to the possibility of the gov't intentions are evil, I have to agree to the possibility that the intentions are good a well.

Now with that said, we've gone over what is possible, but what is more probable is the real question. I have to say I agree with the idea that the gov't has no clue to the intentions, just like us, and that their only intent is to keep us under control for as long as possible till the aliens do make thier presence known. This way, they will have the power to control the media's ability to relay the true intentions of the ET's.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Good point mpeake

I've considered this concept from time to time too... What if there is a method to all this disinformation and misdirection. Man if this stakes we're high enough you'd have to use some extremes measures. Hell if could be argued that it�s in our genetic prerogative to defend this world against any evasive biological threat which would alter the entire biology of the planet.

But than again look at what we're doing to the planet. We're doing some pretty damn evasive damage to the planets ecosystem.

Lastly assuming Aliens are peaceful is just as reckless as assuming their hostile. Assuming material like the disclosure project is real, I really hope these beings are friendly or at the lease benign. But if they were hostile couldn�t they have destroyed us a long time ago?

[edit on C:Tueocu08e8 by Opus]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I have thought of this many times before, and came up with many reasons..all of those mentioned, plus a few...

I thought of my legal father....he passed away almost a year ago. If he had been told about aliens, he would of freaked, he was this type that if he saw a ship, he would of shot at it
there are many people like that, people that would just act like fools, people that would panic about religion, people that would be so un rational, it would/could cause wide spread panic and disorder....

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

But than again look at what we're doing to the planet. We're doing some pretty damn evasive damage to the planets ecosystem.

It's really quite a redundant thing that could be happening. The gov't covering up the ET esistence to keep us from being taken over by hostile aliens who's intent is to enslave the humans and use up our own natural resources. And at the same time we are doing the same thing to ourselves. It's like were saying "Hey, leave us alone, we're doing a good enough job of enslaving mankind and depleting the earth's resources without you".

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

It's really quite a redundant thing that could be happening. The gov't covering up the ET esistence to keep us from being taken over by hostile aliens who's intent is to enslave the humans and use up our own natural resources.
We don't know in all absolute, that that's why they are here.....

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by mpeake

It's really quite a redundant thing that could be happening. The gov't covering up the ET esistence to keep us from being taken over by hostile aliens who's intent is to enslave the humans and use up our own natural resources.
We don't know in all absolute, that that's why they are here.....

I agree completely. No one knows for sure. I admit the possibility of the aliens coming here are totally non invasive and could be completely benign. But if I admit that, I have to admit to the latter. That they have wrong intentions and that we are being protected by our gov't. I would be naive to only see one possibility. But that doesn't mean I can't have a side that I am leaning towards more than the other. I feel the probability of the former is greater.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Personally, my one personal sighting was quite a doozy, and simply couldn't be mistaken for something else. (I've gone on about it before, so not in this thread). This was enough for me to believe, without a doubt.

Later on, it became an obsessive hobby to learn all I could about what I saw that night. So, I researched (and still do). I try and keep an open mind, until I hear/read/see everything that someone has to say. Then, I compare that to what I believe to be true from my research, and see if it fits things as I understand it.

In doing this, there are some things I've come to believe.

1. Forces within the government are conspiring to keep alien visitation a secret from the public.
2. They likewise are keeping any interactions with the aliens a secret.
3. The aliens in general do not have benign interests towards us, and do not have our welfare in mind. This is noted most by the numerous unauthorized abductions that take place.
4. We have developed at least some counters to their technology.
5. Either a) they have no desire for conquest, or b) we have developed enough of a counter-weapon/s to deter the attempt.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Personally, my one personal sighting was quite a doozy, and simply couldn't be mistaken for something else. (I've gone on about it before, so not in this thread). This was enough for me to believe, without a doubt.

Later on, it became an obsessive hobby to learn all I could about what I saw that night. So, I researched (and still do). I try and keep an open mind, until I hear/read/see everything that someone has to say. Then, I compare that to what I believe to be true from my research, and see if it fits things as I understand it.

In doing this, there are some things I've come to believe.

1. Forces within the government are conspiring to keep alien visitation a secret from the public.
2. They likewise are keeping any interactions with the aliens a secret.
3. The aliens in general do not have benign interests towards us, and do not have our welfare in mind. This is noted most by the numerous unauthorized abductions that take place.
4. We have developed at least some counters to their technology.
5. Either a) they have no desire for conquest, or b) we have developed enough of a counter-weapon/s to deter the attempt.

So, could you say that it's possible the gov't actually has our best interest in mind while attempting to keep thier existence a secret? It would make sense if they knew that the ET intentions were not peaceful, but were the opposite. Like you stated, it's no big deal to say that the gov't is hiding the truth, but what if the truth is that the gov't knows we are in danger and they have the knowledge necessary to rebuke any such attacks. This would explain why there are so many ufo sightings with very few personal contact stories of beings present here on earth. The ET's could then know that we know how to defeat them, thus they are forced to observe from afar, till they come up with a solution.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have a hard time believing their intentions are peaceful...they abduct us (meaning without our permission) perform painful experiments on us, impregnate female abducties, then steal their infants from them....none of this sounds peaceful to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join