It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate to break it to you, the world won't be ending soon.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Youtube would be more appropriate.

My office 8:am.

SnF
edit on 3-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Big relief, because you really sound like you know.
edit on 3-8-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
But this means I will have to go to work and face up to real life situations! Damn, I really needed an end time scenario to take my mind off things for a while.....

CC

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CeeRZ
So, the bible itself says nobody will predict the end, right? That is why every night at 11:59pm I run out into the street (sometimes naked for effect) yelling, "We will all die tomorrow! It's the end of the world!". I'm sure the end would have happened already if I hadn't exploited that little loophole in God's plan. No need to thank ME folks, thank God. He's the one wh-- oh wait...

riiiight, is this a little kids or just someone with a little kid's mentality and speech structure...?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Can't believe I actually clicked on this post out of curiousity.
edit on 3-8-2011 by tetsuoatx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

So, the bible itself says nobody will predict the end, right? That is why every night at 11:59pm I run out into the street (sometimes naked for effect) yelling, "We will all die tomorrow! It's the end of the world!". I'm sure the end would have happened already if I hadn't exploited that little loophole in God's plan. No need to thank ME folks, thank God. He's the one wh-- oh wait...

The Bible doesn't say the world will end, it says it will change. That dovetails with what writings from just about every ancient culture say although the details vary.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
reply to post by micmerci

Matthew 24:36-36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,but only the Father.

And I'm not even Christian. How about that?

That verse is pretty funny. Only the father?

what? he will bring an end all by himself?

Surely he would tell someone ...

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Your Title of this thread...

Hate to break it to you, the world won't be ending soon.

...OP, how do you know it won't be soon that "the major event" will take place?
It will happen not far from now, I'm pretty sure about that.
When?
You just need to find out when the first Sargon ruled.

Sajaha: The Third Sargon will come in later times. He will destroy the servants of darkness with all her seed, he will uproot the evil by the roots. He will show no mercy, will not spare one of the enemies of light; he will he have no mercy with those who remained passive. He will not tolerate the ones who do not recognize the whole. He will push down the lower species, he kills all the sick souls. Among the worshipers of the evil spirit is no trace left on the ground. The third Sargon will be terrible against everything that is a hindrance to the development of pure light. He will purify the world, will kill seven out of ten people and obliterate everything that is wrong and everything that bears the marks of the false. He will be cruel to the darkness. The bodies of the slain, he will pile up to high pyramids, to burn them. Everything ignoble must fall. The eternal order, which will have been lost, will be restored by himself, sent by the deity. Nebuchadnezzar: When, o Sajaha will this all be? Sajaha: In that many years, from this day, that have elapsed since the first Sargon. [The lifetime Sargon I is not known. Until 1982, 2800 BC or 2400 BC, since then Sargon I. is estimated from 3200 BC to 3800 BC, a study from 1986 called -3950 BC. So there is a large bandwidth and little certainty.]

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by CeeRZ

Can you quote exactly in the bible where it says nobody will PREDICT the end? I would be really interested to know where that is indicated. Thank you in advance.

It says somewhere in there, i forget which book, maybe in revelation that no man knows the hour of the Lord, that he will come like a thief in the night. Coulda been one of the other books too, maybe in mark or matthew. i've been meaning to get a modern version of the Bible, the old King James version makes me sleepy whenever i try to read it with those thees and thous and old english.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you but . . . you don't know what you're talking about, and for all you know the world could end tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by guessing

NO NO NO!
Don't think about it.

Otherwise you have to get into why The Father wouldn't tell The Son and the "fact" that they are one-in-the-same. You would think he at least owes it to himself since he set up the whole scenario that caused him to send himself down to be sacrificed to himself and...... arrrghhhhh HEADACHE

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
The world has been ending for the last 2000 years, people have been prophesying this since the dawn of time, only difference is now they have the internet.

During WW2 I am very sure they thought the world was ending.....but we are still here.....we all are going to die sometime......it is just a matter of how we die....so....if the world were to end soon.....there is really nothing we can do about it...so why not enjoy the very minute you are in now....and lets say you knew the world was going to end ...for example.....Dec. 21, 2012....what are the things you wished you would have done? This week make a list...and then go out and do them!

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I have my Mayan bucket list...just in case...

Des

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
lol i had the same thoery. me and my friend do the same thing, but i must ask. why did you say "hate to break it to you". lol we dont want the world to end at all(or atleast me).

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
That verse is pretty funny. Only the father?

what? he will bring an end all by himself?

I assume you don't believe in God based on your comments, but if you did believe in an entity that created the entire universe, would you not think that same entity would be powerful enough to bring one of its planets to an end? Besides, as I mentioned above, the Bible is quite clear that the world will NEVER end. Revelation and Daniel foretell of a change to the world, a very significant change. But it doesn't ever "end".

Originally posted by guessing
Surely he would tell someone ...

Oh He did. He gave us all of the details, He just didn't tell us on what day it will happen. We don't know why, but I can imagine that if everyone knew what that day was then they'd party like it's 1999 right up until then and then have a mass repentance the day before

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
hahaha wow, this thread got serious again. C'mon people - lighten up, it was a joke. Pure and simple. Funny, Ha Ha, giggle... joke.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

Chicken-droppings.
This is wrong with society, no guts.

Mods, please move this thread to the off-topic chit chat.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

hahaha wow, this thread got serious again. C'mon people - lighten up, it was a joke. Pure and simple. Funny, Ha Ha, giggle... joke.

people are way too serious. they've forgotten what the whole purpose of life is, the whole meaning of life, the GIFT that it is. I'll just be glad when the stiff crowd finally has a collective aneurysm from all that lip pursing and eyebrow squinting, so that the rest of us with senses of humor and the ability to just be silly every now and then, can finally ENJOY life with a genuine smile and not have to worry about someone coming along and pissing on it because happiness and joy are apparently not allowed anymore. those things are for "kids" - fairytales and whatnot.

i thought your thread was funny and a nice break from all the death and destruction of the rest of the board.

%$#& em if they can't take a joke. they can get glad the same way they got mad.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

Don't you just hate when you're about to post something, and realize the person right above you beat you to it!!!

Huge agreement - and the only thing I can add is I don't think this thread should be moved to general chit-chat - C's prediction is just as valid as anyone elses - and she's right!!! Every day!!!! ♥

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Thanks you guys!! It's nice that there are people who know how to actually enjoy life sometimes. There is just so much doom and gloom now a days. Just yesterday my mom called me about the neighbor boy who died while longboarding down Little Cottonwood Canyon (scary canyon), without a helmet and died. 50mph into a tree basically. Sometimes it gets to just be too much and we have to let loose a little. Especially on ATS - almost every post could be categorized as off topic or a rant. Very little good news going around.

Oh - and did you guys catch me on google earth last night??
haha

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Oh - and did you guys catch me on google earth last night??
haha

I did! but I'm going to save it till I figure out a good ransom

You're probably in luck here, since I been trying to figure out what I want for decades!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join