It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famine in East Africa: Why Does Nobody Care?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

Originally posted by kykweer
reply to post by fooks

America may be in a lot of debt but they still receive nearly have the wealth in the world, sure they are doing what they can, europe also contributes a lil.

But your suggesting America and europe should keep all the wealth that they have received from the whole world to themselves?

You are suggesting that America run a global dictatorship? Feeding off the poor?

ya, you got a problem wit dat?

like we need their rice.

Is that the best you can come up with? Yes you need their rice

Their oil

Their gold

Their platinum

Their uranium

Their lumber

You also need

Their wars

Their drug addiction

Their cheap labour

Gosh I actually think america isn't doing enough
edit on 1-8-2011 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

which is exactly what wont happen when your government is regulating you to # so the corporations can come in. some of them NEED those weapons to defend themselves. keep in mind you cant mix everyone into a bad crowd here

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
You are complaining, but what are you DOING?

Spreading awareness I think would be the OPs reply :/

What exactly is in his power to do? you cynical sod.

ETA: It makes me laugh all this aid money that dont actualy get through to the people it was intended to....this year Pakistan raised £33 mil and the UK raised something like £17mil I think on red nose day....thats just 2 countries I know of in 1 year!!!

Not being funny but if i was in charge of over £50 mill everyone would be fed and watered!! How much is a can of beans? and how much does it cost to build a well??
edit on 1-8-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Help your own country first, before helping others. This is something Norway should learn as well.
Giving hundreds of millions each year to third world countries won't help the ones that suffer here in our own country.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrankyPantsUK
reply to post by SFA437

You ask most African Americans and they will tell you their slavery did not end until 1950 when the US supreme court ended segragation.

That said, all is a matter of perception no matter who records history.

In the end I wasnt there

So could not give a rats ass

You equate not being able to drink out of a water fountain to being owned by another human being? Seriously? I refuse to believe your thought process is THAT mangled and twisted.

Funny also how you never addressed your glaring errors in UK Parliamentary and American Constitutional statements as well- just revert to "feelings" instead of admitting you know nothing about your own country's political history as well as that of the United States and made up facts to support your suppositions.

What makes me crack up is the stars you got for posting utter and complete nonsense and lies. Deny ignorance- do not revel in it.

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
@CrankyPantsUK, Already donated to the Crisis Fund to help out.

Keep donating- I hear Mugabe just needs another $40,000 for his 6th Bentley!

Remember it's "For the children!!!" so reach deep into your pocket and give until it hurts!
edit on 1-8-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Hi,

We been disgussing some of the new rules in the country here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The problem is that the thing with the oil is actually true. If we find oil there, U.S. will be down there with teams instanly.

So yes as long as there is no profit the forces down there will not be stopped.

In regards to fixing America first before fixing everything else, I totally agree.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I cant keep silent over this anymore. I am angered by the current famine in East Africa taking place right now. Millions are dying and flooding over the border into Kenya for example. Families do not make the journey. Children, the weak and old die on the journey. Once in a place where help can be given, people still die as there is not enough qualifed doctors and medicines to cater for everyone. My greatest anger is for the militia groups who prevent aid being delivered within Somalia and why? In the name of relgion apparently. For crying out loud i am sure God, Allah or whatever one chooses to worship would approve of aid being given not witheld! Why cant the world get it's act together? surely NATO or whomever can organise an airlift and parachute food supplies directly to people? Or even set up mobile field hosptials across the country and tell the militas to pack it in whilst getting on with the business of saving lives. I know it can be done, but there just is not the political willpower to do so. I just find that inexcusable.
I also find it appallying that even now in the 21st century whilst we have the technology and means to feed everyone on the planet, people go without food or water or indeed both. Having been paid this weekend i have now made a donation to UNICEF UK. I know it is not much and i wish i could give much more. But at least it is something. I have also enquired about joining a local volunteer group and with the possibility of setting up a new group. That is something else i can do as well. This is something i have been thinking about for some time, but now is the time to put things into action, perhaps a few ripples in the pond can do some good.
I hope this post will inspire and provoke thought amongst ATS.
edit on 31/7/11 by Wirral Bagpuss because: Typo

Really? You sent money to the UN? Whatta waste.

Well, if you remember back nigh on 30 years ago, there was a concert. Lots of money raised. Lots of food bought. Most was left to rot at the docks or went to the homes of politicians.

This is not to mention that many times in the past when these people have been (attempted anyway) taught to grow their own food....they eat they damn seed!

Another reason? We have our own problems over here.

Africa is a cesspool. Since the end of the Egytian empire it has been pretty much a rat hole entirely. the idiots have richs beyond belief and they still run around screwing virgins in the belief that it gets rid of aids. I love the stories where they have been given condoms and they laugh at the things because they are an affront to their manhood. They just give them away and use them as a party favor.

How many POS immigrants from there I've dealt with that have no business except to screw you over as a business? Nigerians have an amazing capability for fraud. Quite clever at it.

Sorry. No sympathy here. Let their muzzy conquerors take care of them. They are the religion of peace.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
this post just tolk it all to a whole other lv.

I said for years that with there aids and # just bomb it and make the largest national park the world have ever seen

But still that was some pretty harsh stuff you came out with.

In regards to sending money to UN or anywhere I dont think it is the correct way to help. We seen again and again that the money is suddenly dissapering. Happens all the damn time.

So yeah do not waste anymore of your hard earned money.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Nobody cares because they are black and Muslim - a sad fact that intolerance and bigotry continues to today
I can't see Faux News and the Daily Fail offering them much sympathy, and neither will the majority of their far right wing Christian viewers/readers
How can some posters say that they deserve to be in a famine and die because they "won't help themselves" - what the f**k is wrong with you??? Ever heard of Al Shabaab, who try to deny civillians help??? Tried growing crops in a drought???
In fact, I'm guessing you're yank/British, so go find some Somalian refugees and tell them that they deserve to die, go on I dare you

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
I look at the famine in Africa, and honestly, I'm done giving a damn. Why? I think we need to stop helping Africa because they REFUSE to help themselves. They sit in their mud huts all day and bang out a kid every nine months, and don't make any effort to learn anything that would help them. They just walk over to the Peace Corps tent 3 times a day and get their free food.

We've been sending them assistance constantly for decades. We send Peace Corps volunteers to teach them how to grow crops, build structures more advanced than dirt and water, dig wells, domesticate animals, etc. and they STILL cannot take care of themselves. The only conclusion is a complete unwillingness to learn.

We send UN troops to defend them against gangs and death squads, and they kill the UN troop for his iPod or his watch.

And you want ME to continue to care? You want me to feel bad for them? Look at every other nation on Earth, and you'll see it's only the African ones that have not advanced beyond the stone age... actually, they havn't yet even advanced into the stone age.

Africa had their chance. We tried to help, yet they refuse to put forth any effort to help themselves. Instead, they would rather starve to death on some of the most fertile farm land on the planet.

I say we just sit back and let natural selection run it's course

One of the most selfish, ignorant and hateful posts I've seen of late.
You talk as if everyone in Africa is backwards and no schools have been built and wells dug and no people have been saved and NOTHING has been achieved.

Your ignorance is almost as bad as your coldness....

There is a civil war taking place in Somalia and this as well as the famine... yes FAMINE... means that innocent people.... Children..... are dying every day.

Your comments are disgusting and I wonder if you would say the same in public.... It's easy to hide behind your computer, anonymously and talk such crap.

And to the other person who said we should look after our own problems and not help Africa....

You show me where there is just ONE example of the kind of humanitarian crisis taking place there right now.... where are the pictures of American or British kids dying and suffering.... where are there camps of women, with no men to protect the, being raped and sexually assaulted.... show me some evidence of people dying in the UK or America because they have no clean water to drink.... and no food to eat.... and where people have had to walk for a month solid just to get aid and water and food?

You can't.

The world deals with these problems on a scale.... and when our nations get to the same place on the scale as the East African countries are right now, then let me know ok?

Show me some kids like the little guy they brought in at about 1:06 mins.

Some people make me f****** sick man..... such selfish pricks.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hi,

Forgot to mention before the "newest" crisis, a child died every 5 secund from starvation.

So this is nothing new. Perhaps actually using the condom and stop making so many new childrens?

Thanks,

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
since when does anyone care about that, they starve, we burn food in our cars @ a net energy loss to keep the big farm lobbies happy. When is that karma stuff supposed to kick in, because its all crap.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I cant keep silent over this anymore. I am angered by the current famine in East Africa taking place right now. Millions are dying and flooding over the border into Kenya for example. Families do not make the journey. Children, the weak and old die on the journey. Once in a place where help can be given, people still die as there is not enough qualifed doctors and medicines to cater for everyone. My greatest anger is for the militia groups who prevent aid being delivered within Somalia and why? In the name of relgion apparently. For crying out loud i am sure God, Allah or whatever one chooses to worship would approve of aid being given not witheld! Why cant the world get it's act together? surely NATO or whomever can organise an airlift and parachute food supplies directly to people? Or even set up mobile field hosptials across the country and tell the militas to pack it in whilst getting on with the business of saving lives. I know it can be done, but there just is not the political willpower to do so. I just find that inexcusable.
I also find it appallying that even now in the 21st century whilst we have the technology and means to feed everyone on the planet, people go without food or water or indeed both. Having been paid this weekend i have now made a donation to UNICEF UK. I know it is not much and i wish i could give much more. But at least it is something. I have also enquired about joining a local volunteer group and with the possibility of setting up a new group. That is something else i can do as well. This is something i have been thinking about for some time, but now is the time to put things into action, perhaps a few ripples in the pond can do some good.
I hope this post will inspire and provoke thought amongst ATS.
edit on 31/7/11 by Wirral Bagpuss because: Typo

Really? You sent money to the UN? Whatta waste.

Well, if you remember back nigh on 30 years ago, there was a concert. Lots of money raised. Lots of food bought. Most was left to rot at the docks or went to the homes of politicians.

This is not to mention that many times in the past when these people have been (attempted anyway) taught to grow their own food....they eat they damn seed!

Another reason? We have our own problems over here.

Africa is a cesspool. Since the end of the Egytian empire it has been pretty much a rat hole entirely. the idiots have richs beyond belief and they still run around screwing virgins in the belief that it gets rid of aids. I love the stories where they have been given condoms and they laugh at the things because they are an affront to their manhood. They just give them away and use them as a party favor.

How many POS immigrants from there I've dealt with that have no business except to screw you over as a business? Nigerians have an amazing capability for fraud. Quite clever at it.

Sorry. No sympathy here. Let their muzzy conquerors take care of them. They are the religion of peace.

Every single African immigrant I've met has been a decent person, Christian and Muslim
Nigeria and Somalia are thousands of miles apart and have virtually nothing in common
Countries like Ghana are developing quickly and have been relatively peaceful, most of the strife in Africa can be traced back to European colonialism
Your use of 'they' to describe how apparently all Africans act makes them out to be like the Borg, a hive mind incapable of free thinking

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Lolage

You are exactly right. if there was massive famine in poland or something people would think the world was coming to an end.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stevooo

I guess people would be a little less annoyed by helping poland. Since Africa is a mayor money drain whole or whatever you want to call it, people are just getting tired of it.

I feel more sadnes when I see an elephant or any other animal tortured than when I see little children there shouldnt have been borned.

That is just my thoughts and I think a lot are sitting out there thinking the same thing.

Thanks,

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
That is the sad truth of the matter in that How much of this money actually reaches those people ?

How much are the employees of UNICEF earning ?

As one poster put it, how much does a can of beans cost ?

I think that when it comes right down to it, look at the Georgia Guidestones plan to reduce the population by significant percentages in the near future.

These poor people are unfortunately the World's first volunteers to the overall plan.

link   
I know most people will dissagree with me but I belive Africa is a lost cause and every dollar spent on them is a dollar wasted.

Im 25 and for my whole life we have been giving aid to Africa, my mum is 50 and Africa have been reciving aid her whole life and what has changed in 50 years, Nothing
They are still sitting there waiting for handouts

So why do women over there have children every year when they'r homeless and can barley feed themselves.
edit on 1-8-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

At the end off the day, I might be struggling to pay my bills, feed my own self, buy food etc. But I would still be more willing to donate money and help out others, which I have done. But that is the way I have been brought up, do not know if others have been brought up this way or not.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by theblackirish7
reply to post by Kram09

people from England should not talk # about America.
1) you great country raped and pillaged the world from 1497 when they discovered a trade route to asia to 1914 when the first world war started.
2) ww1 and ww2 America saved your ass
3) at least the US is giving foreign aid when we are on top , unlike the British crown

Ironically, if it were not for them, youd be where?

Sometimes people need to think harder, the world is a bad place. Bad things happen.

but it's so easy to point the finger...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by Hilltaker

At the end off the day, I might be struggling to pay my bills, feed my own self, buy food etc. But I would still be more willing to donate money and help out others, which I have done. But that is the way I have been brought up, do not know if others have been brought up this way or not.

Yes I understand where you are comming from and the thoughts are very nice. Unfortunately I must say that I think Africa is actually a money drain. It is just to corrupt to be helped in the current state the land is in.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join