It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famine in East Africa: Why Does Nobody Care?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

The problem in Africa right now is the fact that black Africans can't get their sh*t together; it would take years to teach them agriculture/horticulture, water irrigation, etc etc. They're not exactly a clever lot of people; very few have access to any kind of education. I'm not saying that in racist terms; South Sudan is showing enormous promise right now and there are small pockets in Africa of tiny nations doing quite well.

As for the Christian charity organisations; although they do alot of good work but proselytizing in open Muslim areas always gets them in to trouble.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
As a good ole girl from the USA, I cannot speak for the government..I can only speak for myself and my family. I personally don't know any starving Americans besides the meth addicts on the streets. Its rather easy to obtain food here, if you have little to no money, there are soup kitchens, food stamps, homeless shelters, and many other resources. Most churches here have some sort of food pantry that you can go and pick up a couple of canned goods. Sure, we have other problems, a lot of us are struggling financially, but most of us still have food, clothing, and shelter. Those that don't have the resources to get them. I remember being a kid and having a single parent, we lived on welfare. I never realized there was a financial difference between me and my wealthy friends, until I grew up and realized my mother paid for our food with food stamps. Or that our Christmas gifts were donated. My point is that we have resources, and there are places that do not have them at all. My in-laws do mission trips in Central America, they always have people complain that they should be doing something here instead. They do help people in our country all the time, but when it comes to the food problem, they go where people do not have the resources. We are all humans..or at least we were.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

the only people you can trust in the world is yourself. the only reason people help and give is because when we do so the brain releases a large amount of endorphins to make us feel good. get over it there is no right or wrong, just living or dying, and we're all terminal.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'll send some money, that is all I can do. Africa's famines were not as disasterous before we stopped the humans from migrating. They used to be able to move to locations where there was food but now they are stopped at borders.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Thing is, I see the adverts on the telly all the time, showing starving children, etc. Yes, it isn't a nice image.

However, the first thing that comes to my mind is... why are they having so many children? Wouldn't logic suggest to STOP having so many children until the social & agricultural issues stabilise?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Now how on earth can millions upon millions of starving poor Africans afford birth control?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by Adyta
...They sit in their mud huts all day and bang out a kid every nine months, and don't make any effort to learn anything that would help them.

One of the most selfish, ignorant and hateful posts I've seen of late.

I could not agree more.

It is easy to sit on an intellectual high chair and question why they "bang" out more kids than 'they' or their environment can support, but remember that they also face high mortality rates, with some astronomically high rates of infant mortality, and one of the only ways to survive is to "bang" out children in hopes that some of them will survive.

Incredible what people say when under the cover of anonymity.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pilotx

Yep...and my guess is half of the African children were conceived through rape...and many of those mothers are young children themselves.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
They have to want to help themselves before they can accept help from anyone else.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

It's not that easy when you have thousands of trigger happy gun whelding cold blooded murderers driving around raping and shooting dead unarmed and defenceless people.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Prophylactics in Africa are distributed for free by many organizations.

But most of them end up on the ground, never opened, because most of the men there are uneducated, and drug addicted.

Who has time to put on a condom when you are in the mood to rape?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Well when mugabe became president the whole world thought he was a super hero. And the fact that south sudan joined the AU they are already fighting a losing battle lol

The ugly truth is african leaders don't want their people educated. It doesn't serve their interest that the general population know their faults. They just have their state run media to fuel hate and blame white people. It'll never change till someone takes them out.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
People lived in that region for a very long time and survived and all of the sudden people forgot how to do anything to keep themselves alive. Are droughts a new thing to them? Or is walking to the truck for food easier that plowing a field?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

I hope you are wrong about the South Sudan, I have afew friends who have just gone there to open up shop in agriculture and pharmaceuticals....against my better judgement.

Yes you are correct re the rest of your post.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by korath

You need good water irrigation before you can even consider ploughing anything there.....that in itself is a very costly task that could go in to the many billions of $$$.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
From what I've heard, the land in Africa is rich in gold and other resources. The fact that the people there aren't digging this stuff up and using it for trade or something might tell you something. Of you want to go the more easier way a more developed country could go in there and take the place over. To me doin things like simply giving out money isn't going to help anymore.
edit on 10/5/09 by OutlanderHuman24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

The ugly truth is african leaders don't want their people educated. It doesn't serve their interest that the general population know their faults. They just have their state run media to fuel hate and blame white people. It'll never change till someone takes them out.

The ugly truth is American leaders don't want their people educated. It doesn't serve their interest that the general population know their faults. They just have their state run media to fuel hate and blame brown people. It'll never change till someone takes them out.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It is what it is and alwys has been. No ammount of help will hel only hinder. A group locally set up a Dr off somewhere over there and went on a suprise visit this spring to find the building empty even though they were in constant contact with a Dr who was running the clinic and said he was doing wonderous things. they kept their mouths shut to save their lives promised more help and came home to write the whole effort off and start a clinic somewhere out west on an indian reservation

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Because its the same old song again. Big charitys get rich the people that need the money see half and then rinse and repeat. With the current economic problems around the world people are more concerned if the are going to be next.

Education is what these countrys need and a non corrupt gov. The kingdom of Islam is inn the way of aid relief this time.

But in plain and simple terms this is it, when a species outgrows the sustainability of its Surroundings then it will dwindle to a size that can survive on whats left. If you supply food from an outside source all you are doing is prolonging the inevitable collapse of that species.

Sounds harsh but its the truth

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I work in rural areas almost daily.

The poor ppl live in ibr shacks or steel sheets or small government houses.

Now when your 5 ppl in a house or in such small communities where women right are less than average kids grow up why to early, only yesterday I saw a girl maybe 12 years old with a baby, and children about 3 years old will walk on the streets by themselves. I can only imagine its 100 times worse in countries like somalia it must be horrific.

But these kids don't have sattelite television or computer games. They grow up with nothing. And nothing to do, they usually get tought that condoms are a way for white ppl to control their population and aids is fake.

Africans are the most spiteful people on earth, too bad its to their own determent.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join